PDA

View Full Version : What is this thing part II

SWW
06-10-2002, 10:25 AM
First let me thank all that helped
Ive found all the parts.Now were should I start Ive got a 427 or 454 short block some ovalport iron heads, single 4bbl intake, alum glenwood over the transom ext, Iam a little worried about the oil pan its alum and looks to be 7-8 qts I dont think this is a good pan for this boat? I need advice.Iam just going to use the boat for pleasure and just try to clean and inspect the stuff that I allready have .What sould I do to the casale .That set up will be just fine for my needs I just need to know what to do to it to get it back in service.The steering seems fine
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives/tn_DSC00119.JPG
[This message has been edited by SWW (edited June 10, 2002).]
[This message has been edited by SWW (edited June 10, 2002).]

superdave013
06-10-2002, 10:46 AM
You can't use that pan for your boat if you are running the drive shaft off the flywheel. You need a v-drive pan & oil pump pick up as your engine is in the boat backwards. V-drive pans also have baffels with little trap doors that open backwards from a standard pan.
Look into a Dooley pan. They are not cheep but someone might have a used one.
For your v-drive, it most likely needs new bearings and your driveshaft needs new u-joints. Don't skimp here as if one of them fails your sitting right next to it.
I would send your v-drive off to Tom @ Menkins for new bearings and have him check out the gear setup.

SWW
06-10-2002, 11:03 AM
anybody got a used pan and pick up for sale? I didnt think that pan would work. SD dont you sell a bearing puller for that box .Is it really hard to rebuild them?

V-Drive Tom
06-10-2002, 02:25 PM
SWW, MAN its REALY REALY REALY hard to rebuild it! Just kidding.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Go for it! If I can help, call me. TOM..(it ain't brain work, but you do have to watch out for certian things)

PGF545
06-10-2002, 05:21 PM
If that's the pan that was with the boat, the motor was probably being turned off the balancer end, if I remember right we ran most of our boats off the balancer end until we went to the runner bottoms, I think it was a circle boat thing????
Tom, What do you do with the extra pieces when you are done rebuild one????LOL
Bernie

SWW
06-10-2002, 05:53 PM
Thats the pan that was on the boat when I got it but now I know it wont work .Motor hardware I got drives off flywheel .Somebody must have changed the pan.I did read somewere that old circle boats did drive off the balancer.

superdave013
06-10-2002, 09:09 PM
Yep, I sell a puller to remove the top bearing. I'll need to make another batch of them, but if you want one I'll get right on it. I also can send you the exploded view / parts list for your box that will help you out.
Shoot me an e-mail if you want one.

Sanger d
06-10-2002, 09:58 PM
Hey sww I have a pan that might work for you! a Moroso BBC marine pan. I was going to put it on my sanger flat but the boat is too flat. it did not have quite enough room for me. it has all the baffels with the trap doors superdave was talking about. It lists for 319.99 in jegs. I will sell for 100. you can email me at FireWingd@hotmail.com

21rayson
06-10-2002, 10:06 PM
i might be interested how many qts does it hold and do you have a pick up for it.

superdave013
06-11-2002, 07:11 AM
That's a great deal on that pan. But make sure it's not just a marine pan, but a marine V-DRIVE pan. The baffles will be backwards from a standard marine pan.

superdave013
06-11-2002, 07:19 AM
This is what your oil pump pick up and windagetray should look like.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives/engine-windagetray.JPG

SWW
06-11-2002, 08:37 AM
Thanks superdave I love pics and thanks I understand v drive pans are diffent. I also got a 10 qt jet type pan but my motor faces wrong way to use it I would bet my motor wouldnt last one day if I used the pan I got
I been down the wrong oil pan road LOL
Can you email that info you got on the casale I think I got 12 degee case # 62500-2 and it seems to have 1.09 gears
MY63Z11@aol.com

Sanger d
06-11-2002, 01:02 PM
It I believe it is a 10 qt pan. I am not sure if it is a v drive pan or not. the pan did come with my boat and it has been used. and I know that the guys last boat was a vdrive to so I think it has been in one. how do i tell if it is?

superdave013
06-11-2002, 01:37 PM
The baffels will open to let the oil drain back towards the balancer end of the engine.