PDA

View Full Version : Trying to locate a boat

vdriver4ever
12-04-2006, 06:54 PM
My Dad (Whaley and Minegar Custom Boats) built a 17 foot Aqua Craft for Armco Steel Corporation back in the mid 60's. The boat was used at shows to promote their new SS products. It was blue with a dark wood deck. The boat originaly had a 427 ford with 180 degree headers.
We have traced the boat back to the then Armco Steal president that ordered the boat. He says the boat was sold to an employee who has since retired. We have linked it to several other people from the ground up with no avail. We are now trying this avenue.

OKIE-JET
12-07-2006, 08:00 AM
Do you have an H.I.N.? some dont from that early time, but it probably is titled to someone. Reference the D.O.T. office and see if the ladies will help.....but be careful and be very nice as this occupation seems to draw an inordinate number of assholes as employees, not all, but most. They were extremely helpful in my case, giving me exact instructions on how to resolve my own dealings with titling a boat.

vdriver4ever
12-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the lead,
We have talked to them a fair amount and they have been really helpful but no cigar. I thought I would try local boat clubs to see if anyone knows of the boat?

OKIE-JET
12-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Have you tracked it to the last owner and made contact?

BUSHWACKER
12-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Dude, you have listed your location WRONG you must live here in Fl, to complain about the (_O_)'s at motor vehicle, nasty and stupid.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

OKIE-JET
12-11-2006, 02:59 AM
I think its nation-wide.....CALLING ALL ASSHOLES!!!...lmao.:idea: