PDA

View Full Version : Coward Police Officers...

NOTALENT
12-05-2006, 07:28 AM
I couldnt believe this story when I read it, but damn...they left there partner behind and ran like cowards when there partner needed them!!! :mad:
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_173092901.html
Officers Fired For Fleeing From Dangerous Scene
Two Officers Terminated, One Under Investigation
Rafael Romo
Reporting
(CBS) CHICAGO Their supervisors say when a fellow officer was in trouble at a South Side grocery store, they ran away.
Now, as CBS 2Â’s Rafael Romo reports, two Chicago Police officers have been forced to turn in their badges, and a third is under investigation.
The officers who were fired by Police Supt. Philip J. Cline were both still in training, with hopes of becoming full-fledged members of the Chicago police force.
But police officials say they failed to take the action required of them as a fellow officer struggled with an armed man at a DominickÂ’s grocery store.
Police from the Grand Crossing District responded to a shoplifting call at the store, at 2101 E. 71st St., and the suspect was armed and began fighting with an officer.
During the struggle, three other officers turned and ran away. Left alone, the remaining officer shot and killed the armed suspect.
The events were all caught on surveillance video, police said.
The two officers, both women, were both about 10 months into their 18-month probationary period before they could have become full-fledged officers with union benefits. They are called PPOs in police parlance. The third officer, a man, had just finished his probation and may be fired.
“Based on the evidence I looked at for the two probationary police officers, I decided to fire them, and there's an investigation going into the third officer,” Cline said, “He's been stripped of his police powers.”
Cline can fire probationary officers at will, but full-fledged officers have extensive due-process rights.
The incident was captured on a DominickÂ’s security camera and was reviewed by department officials. The videotape may be used to show recruits at the police academy what officers should never do.
The man who was ultimately shot was arrested on a call that he and a woman were stealing sunglasses. When officers tried to take the man into custody and question him, he pulled away with his left hand handcuffed and his right hand in his pocket, police said.
The man pulled his hand out of his pocket gripping a handgun, and was shot by the officers, police said. He was identified as James King, 47, of Park Forest.
An officer suffered minor injuries during the struggle, but no store employees were injured, police said.

Kilrtoy
12-05-2006, 07:50 AM
I couldnt believe this story when I read it, but damn...they left there partner behind and ran like cowards when there partner needed them!!! :mad:
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_173092901.html
Officers Fired For Fleeing From Dangerous Scene
Two Officers Terminated, One Under Investigation
Rafael Romo
Reporting
(CBS) CHICAGO Their supervisors say when a fellow officer was in trouble at a South Side grocery store, they ran away.
Now, as CBS 2Â’s Rafael Romo reports, two Chicago Police officers have been forced to turn in their badges, and a third is under investigation.
The officers who were fired by Police Supt. Philip J. Cline were both still in training, with hopes of becoming full-fledged members of the Chicago police force.
But police officials say they failed to take the action required of them as a fellow officer struggled with an armed man at a DominickÂ’s grocery store.
Police from the Grand Crossing District responded to a shoplifting call at the store, at 2101 E. 71st St., and the suspect was armed and began fighting with an officer.
During the struggle, three other officers turned and ran away. Left alone, the remaining officer shot and killed the armed suspect.
The events were all caught on surveillance video, police said.
The two officers, both women, were both about 10 months into their 18-month probationary period before they could have become full-fledged officers with union benefits. They are called PPOs in police parlance. The third officer, a man, had just finished his probation and may be fired.
“Based on the evidence I looked at for the two probationary police officers, I decided to fire them, and there's an investigation going into the third officer,” Cline said, “He's been stripped of his police powers.”
Cline can fire probationary officers at will, but full-fledged officers have extensive due-process rights.
The incident was captured on a DominickÂ’s security camera and was reviewed by department officials. The videotape may be used to show recruits at the police academy what officers should never do.
The man who was ultimately shot was arrested on a call that he and a woman were stealing sunglasses. When officers tried to take the man into custody and question him, he pulled away with his left hand handcuffed and his right hand in his pocket, police said.
The man pulled his hand out of his pocket gripping a handgun, and was shot by the officers, police said. He was identified as James King, 47, of Park Forest.
An officer suffered minor injuries during the struggle, but no store employees were injured, police said.
Like that is shocking

NOTALENT
12-05-2006, 07:56 AM
Like that is shocking
and they wonder why Hilary will bomb as president... :rolleyes: :crossx:

Seadog
12-05-2006, 08:01 AM
No, they will have plenty of free time to stump for Hillary. Then they will make the probation period two weeks, and make 'self-preservation' a proper police tactic.

sangervdrive
12-05-2006, 08:01 AM
When I read the "both of them women" I actually laughed out loud that was so funny!

spectratoad
12-05-2006, 08:02 AM
I am a firm believer that women should never be police officers or fireman and as retired Navy I think that they should also be assigned in specific areas of the military and NOT on ships.
I don't have a discriminative attitude I just think that physically there are some things that a women just can't do. If I am ever for some reason a criminal do you think that me 270lbs get close enough to a female officer, maybe for cuffing and she is all of about 130-150 that she is going to hold me??

NOTALENT
12-05-2006, 08:05 AM
I am a firm believer that women should never be police officers or fireman and as retired Navy I think that they should also be assigned in specific areas of the military and NOT on ships.
I don't have a discriminative attitude I just think that physically there are some things that a women just can't do. If I am ever for some reason a criminal do you think that me 270lbs get close enough to a female officer, maybe for cuffing and she is all of about 130-150 that she is going to hold me??
She can kick you in the balls.... :p

YeLLowBoaT
12-05-2006, 08:11 AM
Good for him... I have np with women leo, firemen or front line combat marines/army.
They just have to be able to do the job. If they can't do the job( which they showed pretty clearly here that they can't) they should not have the job. male or Female, if you can't do the job... your out.
If your 5'4" , 100lbs soaking wet... you can't do the job, peroid.

NOTALENT
12-05-2006, 08:13 AM
Good for him... I have np with women leo, firemen or front line combat marines/army.
They just have to be able to do the job. If they can't do the job( which they showed pretty clearly here that they can't) they should not have the job. male or Female, if you can't do the job... your out.
If your 5'4" , 100lbs soaking wet... you can't do the job, peroid.
I agree, but than they will argue against equal rights, blah blah blah....lawsuits blah blah blah....I think they should be put to the test prior to getting hired...prove yourself.

Bow Tie Omega
12-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Well, I am all for women having equal opportunities. Women have alot to offer in this world of ours and deserve equal treatment just as all races and ethnicities do IMO. That being said, there comes a responsibility for them to know when to say when. I am 8 years removed from the US Navy where I was a SAR Corpsman. I will not say which squadron I was assigned to, but it was/is a squadron on the west coast. This was right around 95 and women were "welcomed" to attempt the 6 week Naval Aircrew Candidate Syllabus and 6 week Rescue Swimmer Syllabus at the Naval Aviation Command in Pensacola. This syllabus physically is known as the second most difficult program in the Navy next to BUDS. This women, who was very nice I might add, completed the syllabus and was assigned to our squadron. Unfortunatley, things did not work out, as she was not able to keep up physically. She could swim like a fish all day long, but having a survivor in rough water and rough weather under the rotor wash of an HH-60H proved to be to difficult. Our CO intervened and let her know that he could not authorize her to be on our active roster of Rescue Swimmers. At first she was very upset, and remember, this was right after the tail hook debacle, so to say the least, there were some very nervous senior officers. Thank goodness, common sense took over and she realized that she could not do the job. It was not an effort or attitude issue for her, she was physically unable to perform her duties at that position. Myself and a couple of other coprsman talked her into changing her rating and becoming a corpsman, to which she eventually did. As far as I know, 3 years ago, she had become a SAR Corpsman, a very good one, one of 4 at the time out of 120 in the entire Navy.
The point of my story is everyone, women, men all need to know when to say when , otherwise someone has and may get killed because of their lack to perform the job as required. Whether it is women who can not physically perform the job, or it is the 270 pound police officer who can not chase down a criminal because they are so out of shape. There is a responsibility for all employers to provide equal oppotrunities for all people. Equally there is a responsibility for all people to only apply and hold positions that they are completely qualified for, especially in the military, law enforcement and fire services where physical and mental sharpness could be the difference between life and death of themselves or a partner.

Howie Feltersnatch
12-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Denzel Washington had it right in "Training Day". Women can be cops they just need to have their "licker license".