PDA

View Full Version : Possible Stolen Boat Recovery - See Attached

probablecause
12-05-2006, 08:51 AM
I figured you v-drive guys might know about this one....
Brendan
Orange County Sheriff is trying to identify the boat in the attached flyer, any information on the owners please contact Inv. Carpio at 949-425-1910. The attachment is an Adobe document.
Stolen / Recovered V-Driver Boat (http://www.aflacracing.com/***boat/OC-Stolen-Boat.pdf)

YeLLowBoaT
12-05-2006, 08:56 AM
I hope who ever that boat belongs to get it back...

superdave013
12-05-2006, 12:18 PM
prolly Brodie's sanger

Mr. V-Driver
12-05-2006, 01:09 PM
They can identify it by the serial# located on the bottom of the V-Drive.
We can look it up and see who it was sold to.
Sherlock holmes at work!!!

BA Kurtis
12-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Man this thread got my atention, I would love to find my orange Kurtis that was stollen a yr. ago Aug. I was shakin and hopin when I clicked on it. I hope somehow this gets to the owner.

Lefty
12-05-2006, 06:51 PM
When I first saw this I was also hoping it was the orange Kurtisalso. I always liked that boat. That blue boat is not a Sanger it's a Brendella

QuickJet
12-05-2006, 07:41 PM
My Adobe thing keeps locking up :mad: . Can someone please copy and paste it so I can read it?

Moneypitt
12-05-2006, 07:58 PM
My Adobe thing keeps locking up :mad: . Can someone please copy and paste it so I can read it?
The first time I tried it my computer went into all sorts of problems. Had to manually shut it down and re boot.....Second time, no problem, go figure.....MP

probablecause
12-05-2006, 08:28 PM
The first time I tried it my computer went into all sorts of problems. Had to manually shut it down and re boot.....Second time, no problem, go figure.....MP
It's like a v-drive.

FOURQ
12-05-2006, 08:55 PM
here ya guys go
http://www.justjetboats.com/stolen%20boat.gif

QuickJet
12-05-2006, 09:14 PM
Did anyone ever find this one?
http://www.v-driveboat.com/images/gallery/photos/712_Hammer-time_1_1.jpg

SANGSTER10
12-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Looks Like It Could Be That Boat?

ColeTR2
12-05-2006, 09:33 PM
I called the guy this moring and told him about this thread.

SUI-CY-COLE
12-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Man this thread got my atention, I would love to find my orange Kurtis that was stollen a yr. ago Aug. I was shakin and hopin when I clicked on it. I hope somehow this gets to the owner.
ya kurtis...whatever happened?..anything?

flatrookie
12-05-2006, 10:32 PM
hey ba I am not trying to sound like a smart a$$ but how did yours get stolen was it at home or at the lake or river camping ? just would like to know to poss avoid a mistake because my trailer tounge is not lockable right now

BA Kurtis
12-06-2006, 04:40 AM
ya kurtis...whatever happened?..anything?
Nope nothing, I hope some day it will turn up like this one did.

Kurtis500
12-06-2006, 05:00 AM
Wow, I wonder if there is 'Hammer Time' under that blue paint...??

BA Kurtis
12-06-2006, 05:00 AM
hey ba I am not trying to sound like a smart a$$ but how did yours get stolen was it at home or at the lake or river camping ? just would like to know to poss avoid a mistake because my trailer tounge is not lockable right now
Go to top of this page click on search this thread type in stollen boat and you can read all about it, a little advice tounge lock and insurance.

BOAT ANCHOR
12-06-2006, 06:16 AM
From the photos FOURQ has posted, the photo in the upper left shows a five piece cavatation plate assembly (two narrow plates on the outside chines) and huge runners (notice the different plate elevations, and the "J" drains mounted on the outside chines of the boat below the tunnel plates) which suggest this boat is a Brendella Bubble Deck from the mid seventies.

voodooCanoe
12-06-2006, 06:53 AM
From the photos FOURQ has posted, the photo in the upper left shows a five piece cavatation plate assembly (two narrow plates on the outside chines) and huge runners (notice the different plate elevations, and the "J" drains mounted on the outside chines of the boat below the tunnel plates) which suggest this boat is a Brendella Bubble Deck from the mid seventies.
Or a HOWARD, EARLY 80'S

Mr. V-Driver
12-06-2006, 09:03 AM
I've contacted the cops, and they are going to pull the v-drive and give me the serial#. Hopefully we can track it down and get it back to the rightfull owner.

probablecause
12-06-2006, 10:25 AM
I've contacted the cops, and they are going to pull the v-drive and give me the serial#. Hopefully we can track it down and get it back to the rightfull owner.
Keep me posted on that. If they don't get back to you, let me know.

DEL51
12-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Good Job!Ihope they find the real owner.

roostwear
12-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Wow, I wonder if there is 'Hammer Time' under that blue paint...??
If this thread is right (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115776&highlight=sanger+flat), it can't be. Says it was found burned in a field.

Surfdriver
12-09-2006, 09:11 PM
I called the guy this moring and told him about this thread.
Thanks for the call. Hammertime was found in a field stripped and torched. The police found the guy who did it when they raided a guys house. The V-drive and a couple parts were in the back of his truck. Last I heard, the police had not actually caught the guy. This guy lived two blocks up from the boat, and my buddy hopes to see him before the police find him.

ColeTR2
12-12-2006, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the call. Hammertime was found in a field stripped and torched. The police found the guy who did it when they raided a guys house. The V-drive and a couple parts were in the back of his truck. Last I heard, the police had not actually caught the guy. This guy lived two blocks up from the boat, and my buddy hopes to see him before the police find him.
Sorry to hear that it was torched :( I hope the guy that did it gets what coming his way!!:mad:

BoatPI
12-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Just an FYI:
Colors are often changed, sometimes as suttle as the addition of a stripe.
Seats are generally left alone or dyed.
All id plates are removed and often filled with bondo then covered, some times with stickers. So remove all stickers.
Manf. ID plates can be forged, so the person examining the plate needs to have in depth knowledge and a clear photo of the authentic id plate or HIN/VAN. DO NOT just trust a plate with a number.
Trailers are often changed to assigned VIN and boats to an assigned HIN.
Experience has shown that over 90% of assigned HIN boats are STOLEN.
Look for unique parts attached by the owners for ID by them.

probablecause
12-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Any update here???:confused:

b's sanger
12-26-2006, 10:14 PM
Sorry to hear that it was torched :( I hope the guy that did it gets what coming his way!!:mad:
This just breaks my heart. You can not buy these hulls anymore. The crook needs a Sanger blanket party then an anchor to see Davey Jones. I'm not neurotic, just have a boyhood passion for the Sangers.