PDA

View Full Version : Burned on eBay

Ratacole
06-03-2003, 06:42 PM
I bought a Dan Olson bolt-on cooler a few weeks ago & you can view the add Here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=26455&item=2416118012). I just got the thing today & it looked great. I needed to replace the fittings on it for my application & one of the 90's was hitting the body so I had to take off the one end to remove it. Not only was it filled up with white shit 1\4" thick, all of the rubber seals broke :mad: I called Olson Motorsports and a o-ring set is only $16.00 so I was just pissed at the misrepresentation of the add. I than pulled off the other side only to find the core was blown out burningm This ****er Sven Anderson who by the way wont return any e-mails now could have cost me a motor. This is the first time I have ever been burnt by a fellow boat guy. In one of my e-mails I asked which way the water should flow & he made a reference to his jet boat. Has anyone heard of Sven Anderson from Forestville California? Its a shot in the dark I know but it's worth a try. Do I have any recourse beside makeing a road trip up there & ramming this thing up his ass? Is forestville by CFW :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-03-2003, 06:46 PM
I have a great lawyer, go ahead and borrow him if you want...his name is ssmike. :cool:

Sangster
06-03-2003, 06:48 PM
Forestville is about 20 miles North West of Santa Rosa in No.Cal....

Backfire
06-03-2003, 06:50 PM
I feel your pain. Some people feel that ebay affords them the anonymity to rip others off! There's been a couple of manifold sets that I've passed on because the aluminum jackets can be had after just one use in saltwater. There is avenues of complaint with ebay itself, which may get the guy banned. I would definitely submit bad feedback on the guy and not be too easy on the guy!

GofastRacer
06-03-2003, 07:13 PM
Sorry to hear that Ratacole, that sucks the big one, that bastard needs to be slammed for that big time!. Maybe there's a lesson here though, sounds like that cooler has been run with salt water it's whole life and it didn't work anymore and that's why he was dumping it!. I bet if you were to ask him to take it apart and send you pics of it, he wouldn't have done it!.. :mad: :confused:

Ratacole
06-03-2003, 07:24 PM
GofastRacer:
Sorry to hear that Ratacole, that sucks the big one, that bastard needs to be slammed for that big time!. Maybe there's a lesson here though, sounds like that cooler has been run with salt water it's whole life and it didn't work anymore and that's why he was dumping it!. I bet if you were to ask him to take it apart and send you pics of it, he wouldn't have done it!.. :mad: :confused: I bet your right GFR. Here I was trying to save $50.00 because Rex has one used for $300.00 + S&H. Well it could have been worse. I will just have to pick up a new core from Dan Olson. I think it still should be a bit cheeper than a new one frown

GofastRacer
06-03-2003, 08:58 PM
Ratacole:
GofastRacer:
Sorry to hear that Ratacole, that sucks the big one, that bastard needs to be slammed for that big time!. Maybe there's a lesson here though, sounds like that cooler has been run with salt water it's whole life and it didn't work anymore and that's why he was dumping it!. I bet if you were to ask him to take it apart and send you pics of it, he wouldn't have done it!.. :mad: :confused: I bet your right GFR. Here I was trying to save $50.00 because Rex has one used for $300.00 + S&H. Well it could have been worse. I will just have to pick up a new core from Dan Olson. I think it still should be a bit cheeper than a new one :( I hear ya, unless it's totally FKD up, you might try "Lime Away" to clean up the core before you buy a new one, that shit works pretty good, I've used it before on that shit, don't hurt to try??. Check the end caps and make sure the o-ring area is not corroded, those are available pretty cheap too!, you might be able to save it for minimum $$$..Good luck!..

572Daytona
06-03-2003, 09:12 PM
If you used Paypal or a credit card get them involved. I've gotten taken once on Ebay and my credit card company took care of it for me. I won't buy anything online if I can't use a credit card.

Ratacole
06-03-2003, 09:55 PM
572Daytona:
If you used Paypal or a credit card get them involved. I've gotten taken once on Ebay and my credit card company took care of it for me. I won't buy anything online if I can't use a credit card. Money order to a PO Box cry How could I be soooo stupid :mad:

superdave013
06-03-2003, 10:26 PM
Ratacole:
572Daytona:
If you used Paypal or a credit card get them involved. I've gotten taken once on Ebay and my credit card company took care of it for me. I won't buy anything online if I can't use a credit card. Money order to a PO Box cry How could I be soooo stupid :mad: That's far from stupid. People get in BIG trouble for mail fraud. If he ripped you off and used the US Mail then he could be hatin life.
On another note. Could it be possible that he didn't know it was junk?

Lookin for Liquid
06-04-2003, 04:48 AM
Sven Anderson, Forestville Cal 707 887 7330

V-Drive Tom
06-04-2003, 05:30 AM
Good Man, Dan, Thanks for posting the guys number! I was just going to look through my customer list for the guy. I don't think I have done any business with him.
I hope this gets to come back and CHOMP on his ASS!! :mad: burningm TOM..

LeE ss13
06-04-2003, 05:32 AM
Ratacole:
I bet your right GFR. Here I was trying to save $50.00 because Rex has one used for $300.00 + S&H. Well it could have been worse. I will just have to pick up a new core from Dan Olson. I think it still should be a bit cheeper than a new one :( Rex has one for $300 ???? Mike .... I'll be by this afternoon if you're listening.
Sorry about the bad eBay deal.

Bad Meds
06-04-2003, 05:35 AM
I pass within 10 minutes of Forestville everyday,anyone got an adress?

126driver
06-04-2003, 09:43 AM
That sucks, but at least you caught it before you ran the thing.

DansBlown73Nordic
06-04-2003, 11:00 AM
Where are the pictures of it. You bought it off E-bay without any picture of it?

Ratacole
06-04-2003, 11:18 AM
Thanks Everyone For the Support. Bad Meds, I will let you know.
OK, here's the latest. Sven has sent me an e-mail stateing that there were two coolers one was to go to Olsons shop for a recore & the good one was to be sent to me. The two got mixed up & I got the bad one. He said he is sorry for the mix up & has offered a refund. He want's me to send the cooler to him first & than he said he will mail me a check. I told him to mail the check first & he has a problem with that. I than said COD & I am waiting for a responce. Do you think the COD thing is fair? He blew it once and I don't wan't to send the thing to him with a hope that he will send me the cash.
Bad Meds, his address is 9737 Highway 116 does that sound right?

Ratacole
06-04-2003, 11:21 AM
Dans66Stevens:
Where are the pictures of it. You bought it off E-bay without any picture of it? Yah, I suck!!!!!!! I put too much trust in the "boat guys dont screw other boat guys" thing.

Bad Meds
06-04-2003, 11:28 AM
Yeh , That sounds right. If you want to arange it with him you can send me the cooler and I will meet with him and get cash from him at the same time I hand him the cooler and I will send you the $. I can be trusted but you can ask around if you want to be sure.Let me know.

ssmike
06-04-2003, 11:59 AM
Ratacole:
Thanks Everyone For the Support. Bad Meds, I will let you know.
OK, here's the latest. Sven has sent me an e-mail stateing that there were two coolers one was to go to Olsons shop for a recore & the good one was to be sent to me. The two got mixed up & I got the bad one. He said he is sorry for the mix up & has offered a refund. He want's me to send the cooler to him first & than he said he will mail me a check. I told him to mail the check first & he has a problem with that. I than said COD & I am waiting for a responce. Do you think the COD thing is fair? He blew it once and I don't wan't to send the thing to him with a hope that he will send me the cash.
Bad Meds, his address is 9737 Highway 116 does that sound right? Mike,
I just saw this thread...give me a call :mad: :mad:
ssmike<--------wrong guy to piss off
[ June 04, 2003, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: ssmike ]

Thunderbutt
06-04-2003, 03:03 PM
I'm with Bad Meds. Let him look that prick in the face and ask to see the other cooler. In fact I'm going to call the guy now and tell him what a dick he is. Pin this guy down!!!

Thunderbutt
06-04-2003, 03:09 PM
I called him. No one home, but I left a message on his machine. I'm 2- hours ahead so I'll try him later. Everybody call!!!

Ratacole
06-04-2003, 04:51 PM
Well here is what this guy just e-mailed me:
What this is sounding like is that one guy with a juvenile attitude- you, thinks that everyone owes him and is out to screw him over and that the other guy- me is trying to do the honorable thing and has already gone beyond what would be considered honest and fair. Think about it- when you buy something from Summit, BRE or whomever and it doesn't fit or work, you send the part back and then you get a refund. I'm supposed to do it different?
Your attitude in the last couple of mails made it a pretty easy decision for me not to take the easy route, that being that I call up Olson and have them drop ship you the correct cooler and you send me the one you have. No problem and everyone's happy. But in your insinuating that I'm dealing with you dishonestly and outright telling me I screwed up in spite of my giving you instructions on where to send the cooler for a refund and admitting and apologizing for the error, you've stepped way out of bounds.
I'm going to be back from a test and tune with some real, mature and appreciative boat owners Friday evening at which time I'll have the shop send you a check for the purchase and the shipping, you'll need to give me the total depending on if the shipping is UPS or FedEx... and I'll wait to see if you do in fact send the cooler. I figure having your address and all will leave me some recourse if you decide to not go the honorable route.
I'll then hope that you'll read the mail(s) below where you admit to getting worked up over this minor thing and listen to your lady and leave ebay. You have a great deal to learn about people.
Am I off base here or would you guys feal the same way? I just don't understand. He was the one that sent me the bunk cooler.
I called that number & it is his dads house. His dad gave me his number because he does'nt live at home. If I don't here anything from him by Saturday I will post his # on every board out there along with his e-mail address.

Seances
06-04-2003, 10:15 PM
If your still looking for an address for Sven Anderson here it is, Sven Herbert Anderson 11877 Hillcrest Ave, Forestville, Ca 95436. (707) 887-7330. Hope it helps.

Hallett19
06-04-2003, 10:45 PM
I'd have him clipped ....

GN117 Big Dawg
06-04-2003, 11:30 PM
Ratacole, man sorry about your luck there freind, but I would like for everyone to remember that it has been said, "That to error is only human."
It sounds to me like the seller admitted to making a mistake and is willing to make it right.
Going to the guys house and threatining him over a chicken shit $300 oil cooler (possible future damage is irrelevant at this point)is right next to vigilante justice boardering on terrorisim, at very least juvinile.
Please, my dear freinds, racers and boat crazies, take the high road in these sort of deals, the easy way is generally the wrong way, its wrong to get sucked into what is really only a human mistake. Good luck, Gods Speed to each and every one of you, and remember---Race hard-Life is Short

Rexone
06-05-2003, 02:05 AM
I agree with Big Dawg, the guy's offered to make it right, give him the chance to do so before you continue to hammer on him. Mistakes do happen on ebay and elsewhere in life. Just my .01. :)

Ratacole
06-05-2003, 02:42 AM
Rexone:
I agree with Big Dawg, the guy's offered to make it right, give him the chance to do so before you continue to hammer on him. Mistakes do happen on ebay and elsewhere in life. Just my .01. :) Mike,
I too agree. Being his mistake I thought in fairness he should send me a refund first. Through all of the crap he said in his last e-mail he did say he would send me a check. If I get it who cares what he calls me. My first two letters to him were all about "hay shit happens", "no big deal" & "lets make it right". The problem was who would send first. Before this subject all I had was a PO Box, so I was a little leery to send it back. I also understood where he was coming from. I said COD in my last letter to him & thought that was fair to both of us. That’s when I got the shit letter.
I have asked all of you if I was wrong for the way I felt & would you trust him again after he blew it once already. He can call me what ever he wants I don’t care, as long as I get the cash back. Maybe I should have attached all of our letters, because I have not been rude to him at all. In my eyes I am the victim.
Mike

126driver
06-05-2003, 06:27 AM
Hallett19:
I'd have him clipped .... LMAO. Easy on the Sopranos marathon bro. :D

GN117 Big Dawg
06-05-2003, 10:05 AM
Mike, 03:00hrs man, are you up early or up late? No more double latte, top fuel, cinnimon pinch with a dab of whipped cream for you brother, It's keepin you up!
Oh yeah, thanxs for your support! Gary.
[ June 05, 2003, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: GN117 Big Dawg ]

HavasuDreamin'
06-05-2003, 11:06 AM
Ratacole
The problem was who would send first.
I have asked all of you if I was wrong for the way I felt & would you trust him again after he blew it once already. In my eyes I am the victim.
MikeYou have valid concerns. I sent $400 worth of suspension parts back to the Drop Shop in Rialto, CA when they had sent me 1 ton parts for a 1/2 ton truck. They said they would refund me the $$$ when I told them I got the correct parts elsewhere. This was two years ago. I never received a dime. :mad: I called them 3-5 times per week for 3 months. I finally got my credit card company involved, but it was too late for them to do anything. I would have been better off selling the 1-ton components on ebay. At least I could have recouped some of my money. Long story short, I wouldn't send parts back first (non-cod).

Lookin for Liquid
06-05-2003, 03:36 PM
Face to Face, Money for Parts returned, unless he spent it already and cant scrape it up and then is when you will hear the good *hit.

Rexone
06-05-2003, 05:28 PM
I've done a lot of biz on ebay both buying and selling. Ebay feedback is a pretty good indicator of a members likelyhood of treating you fairly. If someones got over about 3-4% negitive I think twice about buying from that person no matter how good the deal appears. If he's fairly new and has little feedback to judge by (low feedback number), any negitive at all and I move on. And I haven't checked this sellers feedback just rambling here. Being careful in this manner I've only been burned once in about 200+ purchases on some computer stuff. Just food for thought. Ebay's a good source for stuff but as in any marketplace you need to be careful who you're dealing with I think. :)

BGMAN203
06-05-2003, 05:52 PM
If you need a guy to bust some knee caps just let me know. :D :cool:

GlastronGuy
06-05-2003, 07:18 PM
Why did you leave this feedback for him?
ratacole( 54) Jun-03-03 14:58:11 PDT 2416118012
Praise : Super Fast Shipping Great E-Mails AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++++++++++++++

Ratacole
06-05-2003, 09:07 PM
GlastronGuy:
Why did you leave this feedback for him?
ratacole( 54) Jun-03-03 14:58:11 PDT 2416118012
Praise : Super Fast Shipping Great E-Mails AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++++++++++++++ It was "superfast shipping & great e-mails" & the cooler looked great!!!!! When I went to put it on I needed to put different fittings on. Once his fittings were off I saw the inside. I than took the whole thing apart & found out the real condition.
I am a firm believer of feedback & this time I posted too soon. I SUCK FOR THAT!!!!! If it would of been the right fittings it would of cost alot more than a $300.00 cooler.

Ratacole
06-05-2003, 09:09 PM
BGMAN203:
If you need a guy to bust some knee caps just let me know. :D :cool: smile_sp smile_sp smile_sp