PDA

View Full Version : For all the Bubba haters....Great news!

tcook33
12-05-2006, 11:26 AM
From Racer X:
James Stewart Update
While there has been no official word out of the Team Kawasaki camp about the condition of James Stewart, who crashed towards the end of the Toronto Supercross but managed to finish third, two different industry sources told us off the record that Stewart is "likely" for this weekend's Vancouver SX. He has undergone extensive therapy on his right ankle, which took much of the blow when Travis Preston came down on him off a jump as Stewart re-entered the track, and the Kawasaki camp is said to be optmistic that Stewart will be able to race this weekend. Stay tuned for more as this story develops.

tcook33
12-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Oh....and IT has 3 broken bones in his hand :cry: but is likely for A1. :)
Preston is likely for Vancouver. :)

havaduner
12-05-2006, 01:21 PM
So lets see.... Bubba lands on Tedesco, breaks his hand..
Then, in the main, pulls back on the track with out looking, and takes Preston out of the race.
Some one needs to sit Bubba down and tell the boy to slow down, he has a whole season to go.

tcook33
12-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Bubba is who he is.....that's what makes the kid so amazing. He will mature in time. He's only 20yo with the weight of the world on his shoulders.
It makes for good ratings, that for sure!

havaduner
12-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Bubba is who he is.....that's what makes the kid so amazing. He will mature in time. He's only 20yo with the weight of the world on his shoulders.
It makes for good ratings, that for sure!
Dont get me wrong, I'm no Bubba hater. My question is whether he can handle the load being put on him.
I would love to see Reed, RC and Bubba battle ALL YEAR for the title. Aint gonna happen, but would be great to see!!

tcook33
12-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Most definitely.....it was a great race in Toronto while it lasted. Too bad RC hit the tuff block and IT was watching the race...it could have been a 4 way battle for a few laps. While I'm at it...too bad Milsaps' leg is broke. Could have been a 5 way battle....Coulda...Woulda...Shoulda... :p

tcook33
12-05-2006, 02:55 PM
A letter from James Stewart
Well things didn’t go as planned this past weekend in Toronto.
I was going into Toronto with the plan of making the podium and getting valuable championship points. Last year I lost the AMA title by only 2 points so I know how important each point is. There is also a new practice system this season. In the past our heat race and gate pick was decided by the points system. Toronto was the first event with the new timed qualifying/practice sessions that determine your heat race and gate pick.
This puts extra pressure on us to lay down the quickest lap time for starting position and most importantly to be in the second heat race so I can see how things go in the first heat and to watch for fast lines. At the end of the second practice session, the top 4 riders were only separated by .40 of a second.
In the first practice session I was in a group of riders that included RC, Reed and Ivan Tedesco. Ivan and I came through the mechanics area together with RC and Reed in front of us. Ivan took the outside line and went triple, triple through the section leading into the dragon back. I took the inside line and went double, double and then tripled the section leading into the dragon back. I was coming up the inside of Ivan on the dragons back and as we came over the top we collided with Ivan going down.
I want everyone to know that I would never try to hurt any other rider on purpose. I also wouldn’t want to put my self in a position to get hurt or put my championship hopes in jeopardy. I’m sorry for the incident with Ivan and am truly bummed that he was injured. I hope Ivan’s injury is not serious and that he can get back to racing as soon as possible. I tried to speak with Ivan after my heat race but he was still understandably upset about the situation so I was planning on talking to Ivan later in the evening after everyone cooled down but I didn’t actually have the opportunity since I went straight to the emergency room following the race to get my ankle checked out.
I told you that Toronto didn’t go as planned. During the main event I was having a great race with Chad Reed. I could tell that the Toronto fans loved the race. They were so loud and they really inspired me to ride hard for them. I had just passed Reed for the lead and I wanted to protect the inside line before the finish line jump. Some how I lost traction or something which caused my momentum to slow and Reed ran into the back of me. The contact sent me off the side of the track. It was no ones fault. I could see Reed exiting the finish line corner. I took a quick glance out of the corner of my eye and entered back on the track to get back in the race. As I entered back on the track to get back in the race Travis Preston was coming over the finish line jump and we collided. We both went down pretty hard, I’m just really happy that Travis wasn’t seriously injured. I hurt my ankle and foot but was able to get back on my bike to finish third.
This is not the way I wanted to start my 2007 season. I feel really bad for the incidents that I was involved with. I want everyone to know that I respect my fellow racers and would never do anything to jeopardize their safety. I want to thank all my fans for all of their support and my sponsors for sticking by me. I really love the sport of motocross and look forward to racing with RC, Reed and the rest of the field this season. If Toronto is any indication of what the racing will be like this season the fans are in for another great year.

tcook33
12-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Bubba is OFFICIALLY racing Vancouver!

Mrs.Racer277
12-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Bubba is OFFICIALLY racing Vancouver!
Did I mention #22 WON :p :p

Racer277
12-05-2006, 04:03 PM
That's very good.
Both the news and the acceptance. Nice to see him man up and not put either wreck on anyone else.
Hopefully he's nearly 100%, so the race is closer between him and CR. If Bubba had the holeshot, he was likely gone. RC still looks to be the only one that can challenge, but like years past, it would be on consistency, so it is a moot point for the championship.
Last year was so damn good.
Let's hope for another.

IN2-IN2MX
12-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Very interesting. I'm glad he explained what happened.

tcook33
12-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Did I mention #22 WON :p :p
I think so.....unfortunately. :p

mbrown2
12-06-2006, 08:19 AM
look at the bubba "insider" ........ :rolleyes: hey, roll over and hand him the phone, and let me talk to him :) d-no
LMAO....good to hear he will be back.

Cs19
12-06-2006, 08:48 AM
look at the bubba "insider" ........ :rolleyes: hey, roll over and hand him the phone, and let me talk to him :) d-no
you mean you havent called bubba yet so you can update your ***boat buddies? I thought you guys were tight?

Cs19
12-06-2006, 09:04 AM
not jealous... :)
See you at anacrime #1.
CS

tcook33
12-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Just tryin to keep up with you...... :p

killerbeez
12-07-2006, 04:23 AM
Any bets on how many more apology letters we get from the rest of the season from bubba.I say 4. :yuk:

tcook33
12-07-2006, 07:45 AM
what did you find out about comp edge ??? $$ and date
I was supposed to call yesterday......but I went riding, so I didn't have a chance to call them. I am calling him at 9am this morning. I'll let you know.

mxbundy
12-07-2006, 08:49 AM
FOCK BUBBA!
Wish he would have broken his dam ankle, focking idiot.
I cant believe the lame ass excuses you guys come up with for this a-hole.
Hes only 20, what a crock, men and women fight and die for this country of ours at the ripe old age of 18. This win at all costs BS is gonna prematuraly end his career!
I wish RC was racing the whole year, cause he would push Bubba into early retirement, if not in SX, for sure in the Outdoors!
bundy

tcook33
12-07-2006, 09:52 AM
FOCK BUBBA!
Wish he would have broken his dam ankle, focking idiot.
I cant believe the lame ass excuses you guys come up with for this a-hole.
Hes only 20, what a crock, men and women fight and die for this country of ours at the ripe old age of 18. This win at all costs BS is gonna prematuraly end his career!
I wish RC was racing the whole year, cause he would push Bubba into early retirement, if not in SX, for sure in the Outdoors!
bundy
Easy "AL", your brain might explode and send YOU into early retirement.... :rolleyes:
Calling him a "focking idiot" and "wishing him harm and pain" doesn't make your argument credible.....

mxbundy
12-07-2006, 09:55 AM
Dude,
I cant understand you with Bubba`s unit in your mouth!
Lay of the idol worship! He put his pants on one leg at a time and takes nasty shits just like the rest of us!
bundy

tcook33
12-07-2006, 10:18 AM
Dude,
I cant understand you with Bubba`s unit in your mouth!
Lay of the idol worship! He put his pants on one leg at a time and takes nasty shits just like the rest of us!
bundy
Where in any of my posts about Bubba do you see me as "worshipping" him? Just curious, because if you see that, then you need to go back to grammar school and take the comprehension course over again.
I like Bubba for sure, but I also like many other riders the same. Trust me, I have not put him on a pedestal.
It was a HUGE topic of discussion this week because of the incidents that happened last weekend and I was keeping my fellow ***boatERS up to speed on the latest developments. If you don't like him or don't appreciate the info, then please STFU and start your own anti-Bubba thread.....
BTW, Bubbas couldnt fit in yours cuz RC had it filled up huh? Maybe you could just tell him to stick it in yer azz next time.

ratso
12-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Where in any of my posts about Bubba do you see me as "worshipping" him? Just curious, because if you see that, then you need to go back to grammar school and take the comprehension course over again.
I like Bubba for sure, but I also like many other riders the same. Trust me, I have not put him on a pedestal.
It was a HUGE topic of discussion this week because of the incidents that happened last weekend and I was keeping my fellow ***boatERS up to speed on the latest developments. If you don't like him or don't appreciate the info, then please STFU and start your own anti-Bubba thread.....
BTW, Bubbas couldnt fit in yours cuz RC had it filled up huh? Maybe you could just tell him to stick it in yer azz next time.
...good one. :crossx:

tcook33
12-07-2006, 11:30 AM
there's nothing gayer than two dudes fighting over a "dude" that races . :argue: :rolleyes: now stop it right now, or i'll tell bubba on both of you :rolleyes: :cool: - keyes
Yer right, but is it gay for a third guy to enter the fight........ :p
I called CE and spoke with Jeff. I waiting on a return call right now.

tcook33
12-07-2006, 11:56 AM
love the name dropping, you're learning young-son ..... :rollside:
HA! And I didn't even mean to drop a name.......it just came so naturally.