PDA

View Full Version : Scamm'ed by Duane Yet Again!!!

Jetaholic
12-06-2006, 01:29 AM
So I call Duane at HTP...was calling just to find out some info...
Go to his website to get the number and what do I see!? The HTP Christmas Special list!
Now I've been looking for a set of BBC standard headers for awhile now and the cheapest I can find them is for $760 and some change and what did he go and do!?
Drops HIS price down to $640!!!
I was so pissed I totally forgot what the hell I was gonna ask him...then he proceeds to tell me they're at the lake testing this brand new impeller that gets the boat up to 30mph with the motor at 1,900RPM...that's gotta be a HUGE impeller to achieve that, in which you would need sick horsepower to spin that sucker, which he did tell me they were running about 1200 hp. Forgot to ask what size motor it was.
So of course...I gave in and ordered them. Dammit...after this is all said and done I'm gonna have a badass boat. Any advice on what I should do?:crossx::)

Cheap Thrills
12-06-2006, 02:26 AM
Any advice on what I should do?:crossx::)
Dig deep . Spend more money. Drink large quantities of alcohol & Have fun.
Did I leave anything out :idea:
T.

SmokinLowriderSS
12-06-2006, 03:13 AM
Dig deep . Spend more money. Drink large quantities of alcohol & Have fun.
Did I leave anything out :idea:
T.
No, seems pretty thorough, that's about all you CAN do.
Damn, Duane scammed another one.
1900RPM and 30 MPH ..... Good lord, that WOULD be huge.
Hey, didn't some guy have one of those in a boat on E-bay a while back? If I remember right it had a 3AAA impeller, which, if I also recall right is made by Hamilton, and refered to as "The Tugboat Model" from their line of large commercial jets found in those craft these days.

kraig
12-06-2006, 07:56 AM
You did'nt get scammed, you were just looking for lowest price. And you found it.....scammmed,huh :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jetaholic
12-06-2006, 08:45 AM
You did'nt get scammed, you were just looking for lowest price. And you found it.....scammmed,huh :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
This thread is intended as a joke...there was another "scammed" thread about Duane about a month or so ago...kind of a running gag here on the boards.

Jetaholic
12-06-2006, 09:23 AM
uh oh, hope ronjane doesn't see this thread :crossx:
TOO LATE!!! :crossx:

SmokinLowriderSS
12-06-2006, 09:27 AM
There is a person on the board here, known lovingly as Ronjane, whose goal in life is to protect the jet boat masses from DuaneHTP and his company, Hi Tech Performance.
Ronjane the troll pretty much appeared not long after another nasty troll, Chet Capoli, vanished.
From what I have seen of Chet postings, if it isn't Legend, it's junk, and if Chet didn't think of it, it's stupid.
According to Ronjane, if it didn't come from Don's Pump Shop (DPS), it's junk as Don invented the Jet Boat world, and everything in it we use, the Inducer, the "Ratchet", hell, Berkeley prob. stole the pump from Don. :rolleyes:
At least I think Chet had a boat.
Ronjane has Cable TV tho. :crossx:
Everyone who has dealt directly with Duane has found him to be a great guy, the utmost in helpfull, and a sincere and honest businessman, who has been racing and modifying jet boats since god knows when, at least the mid 70's, likely earlier.
There's the explanation of the "Scammed by Duane" threads for the newbies.
Welcome Kraig.
I KNOW Ronjane is gonna show up soon, Hey boy, How's Don's doing currently? Last you PM'd someone, they were headed down the river because of us running the place down on the boards. I can't say as I recall anyone ever saying anything bad about the place, let alone Don, or his son, but hey, it's your story, to late to back off it now.

Wet Dream
12-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Does the word "SARCASM" ring a bell with you? Noob. :mad:

uselessgrant
12-06-2006, 01:37 PM
i stopped in duanes xhop one day while hauling cars to the wichita area.. wow! no less than 3 or 4 race boats with blower motors in them ready to go.. any thing and everything in the parts room .. and Duane talking my ear off and letting me know what to do and not do on my 16ft cheetah..spent at least 45 min in there showing me this and that about pumps and stuff..He sold me and I didn't buy a thing. Great guy.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Hey jetaholic, you didnt see his christmas flyer? He has some killer prices on there!!!
Oh and by the way, thanks for hooking vinny up;) He was excited;)

wet77
12-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Nothin but good things from HTP, I was there about three weeks ago and he got me a deal on a great hotel and I was able to spend all day there with him and Brian.
The best part of all I got to go for a ride in his personal jet boat :crossx:
What a ride!!!
I had such a great time I went home sold my 1969 SS camaro and am now totally rebuilding my Daytona, adding a blower, doing a setback and bottom work to say the least.
Could not have asked for a better time!!

Jetaholic
12-06-2006, 11:35 PM
Hey jetaholic, you didnt see his christmas flyer? He has some killer prices on there!!!
Oh and by the way, thanks for hooking vinny up;) He was excited;)
Yeah I did...that's where I caught the low price for headers. Couldn't resist buying them! See that's the kinda shit I'm talkin' about! Duane has this way about him that makes you buy good shit...such as lowering prices!
Then he gets it to you on time and the unit works as advertised!
And no prob on helpin' Vinnie! I need to get ahold of him so I can get the specs on his motor since I'm building a BBC myself.

sanger rat
12-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Duane, Thank you for the Christmas Card. :) Happy Holidays to you and Brian

Bigern
12-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Vinnie is running the same cam I run, comp cam XE274H .555 lift 2000-6000 rpm, works good in my standard 454. just ask the fellas I'm turn key :)

kraig
12-07-2006, 09:22 PM
What's up Aaron? Hey WETDREAM when I see what seems to be some B.S. about Duane it kinda gets me goin. Sorry about that. I to have rode in Brians boat, talk about haulin ass!! Those guys are awsome with helping out folks. I live about 5 miles from the shop. It's gunna suck when they move to the new shop in Missouri....carry on now. :)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Vinnie is running the same cam I run, comp cam XE274H .555 lift 2000-6000 rpm, works good in my standard 454. just ask the fellas I'm turn key :)
Thats MISTER turnkey:crossx:
Sup big perm;)

SmokinLowriderSS
01-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Went to see Duane today, with one of my new (last winter) 4" exhaust outlets that went on Lowrider with the headers. Somehow, mid summer, the flapper and mounting rod broke a weld and blew completely out on a lake somewhere. Way too much Chevy horsepower I guess.
Musta sent me an outlet welded for a Ford. ;) :D
Duane took it, made a phone call, asked how fast I needed it (I said she wasn't going to float for at least 3 months). He got off the phone, and told me it'd be fixed, cost to me was going to be SHIPPING. Of all the ripoffs, I get a part fixed for nothing, that I bought over a year ago, fully expected to have to buy another one, and was told it'd be fixed, free of charge, shipping only, and I am not in a hurry.
Customer service like this is gonna kill the boating industry. :D
Then we BS'd over an hour about jetboats, business, MSD parts, "The Old Days" at lakes, etc.
Thx Duane

Jetaholic
01-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Then we BS'd over an hour about jetboats, business, MSD parts, "The Old Days" at lakes, etc.
Thx Duane
And THAT'S where he gets you on his "scam"! :D

cave
01-05-2007, 05:13 PM
For a second I thought this was the old thread. *Date Check* Duane hooked me up with some minor parts that do what the adds say. Easy to install and answered a few other questions via email late into the evening. I'm still saving for that Cheyenne...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-05-2007, 05:28 PM
For a second I thought this was the old thread. *Date Check* Duane hooked me up with some minor parts that do what the adds say. Easy to install and answered a few other questions via email late into the evening. I'm still saving for that Cheyenne...
Sucker:p
Sup Jimmy.....

cave
01-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Mike, That CP done yet??? What up my brutha!

SmokinLowriderSS
01-08-2007, 07:55 PM
And THAT'S where he gets you on his "scam"! :D
Yea, especially the discussions of female skiiers back in the 70's when streaking was popular, and people seldom got in trouble for that sort of thing. Man, I could see it vividly, and was rollin'!
Brian took what I refer to as "The Purple People Eater" drag-boat over to Mo. recently, and cleaned house on a weekend. Trailered ALL the local boys in their tin-cans with big outboard jets. They were fast, just not quite fast enough.

Jetaholic
01-10-2007, 10:13 AM
So what do you have to say about tom @ jetboatperformance???????
Im quiet because Im working on my new ride. Hey if your still interested in a boat, I heard ebay has a few. They are fast hulls!!!! 130mph with stock motors:D
Ssshhhh!!! **whisper*** Don't tell him that's the "eBay speed"! :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Ssshhhh!!! **whisper*** Don't tell him that's the "eBay speed"! :D
My bad, but he already knew that! Being that he knows everything:yuk:

Jetaholic
01-10-2007, 10:25 AM
My bad, but he already knew that! Being that he knows everything:yuk:
Oohh that's riiiiight!!! See how dumb I am? :D

460 jus getn it
01-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Dude, there are plenty of us here who have had great dealings with HTP. My boat went 64.3 with a warn out pump and trashed impeller. I added an HTP detailed a impeller with a matching UT wear ring and boat ran 73.6. You do the math. I have had plenty of conversations with duane and told him what i was thinkinhg about doing( added a snoot and ditching the droop) he flat out told me to keep the droop and look else where for the issue. Thats what i call honesty, he could have sold me the snoot knowing it wouldnt work but instead he helped me.

Jetaholic
01-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Dude, there are plenty of us here who have had great dealings with HTP. My boat went 64.3 with a warn out pump and trashed impeller. I added an HTP detailed a impeller with a matching UT wear ring and boat ran 73.6. You do the math. I have had plenty of conversations with duane and told him what i was thinkinhg about doing( added a snoot and ditching the droop) he flat out told me to keep the droop and look else where for the issue. Thats what i call honesty, he could have sold me the snoot knowing it wouldnt work but instead he helped me.
...and taught me how to save $90 on an alternator mount! :D

460 jus getn it
01-10-2007, 10:55 AM
...and taught me how to save $90 on an alternator mount! :DI use to be in retail, and i know first hand there are thoe people who will sell ya what you ask for knowing damn well it aint going to solve the problem.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Oohh that's riiiiight!!! See how dumb I am? :D
According to RonJane were all dumb:rolleyes:

SmokinLowriderSS
01-10-2007, 06:31 PM
I think it's funny how you just happen to post on this thread to bring it back up and yet have nothing to say on the other thread with mr. kiwi?
Guess I missed the thread, never saw it. Sorry to dissapoint ya ronco.
Feel free to post me a linky-poo, cause I am not wasting a couple evenings reading every thread for the last month looking for it.
I brough this one back up just to tweak ya, success!!! LMAO!!!!
Believe it or not, reminds me how don would sell a guy an inducer with a 455 and a AA impeller. Happened more than a fair share of times.
But you have said Don was perfect, and the only guy to ever work on a boat, if you ever got one. Now speaking ill of the dead. The family really HAS kicked you out of the shop haven't they?
If I say something nice about Don's, can I get the same deal you offered 396 a while back?:)

SmokinLowriderSS
01-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Hey if your still interested in a boat, I heard ebay has a few. They are fast hulls!!!! 130mph with stock motors:D
I've seen those! Real sweet machines there. :D
WAY outta my driving skills but ought to be just perfect for ronco.

RIVERTIME247
01-10-2007, 07:52 PM
So what do you have to say about tom @ jetboatperformance???????
Im quiet because Im working on my new ride. Hey if your still interested in a boat, I heard ebay has a few. They are fast hulls!!!! 130mph with stock motors:D
tom at jetboatperformance hooked up my old miller with a blueprinted jet ,diverter ,msd, billet dist,new 750 holley, new gauges ,shifter and much more last year and i can say that my boat ran flawless and the money went a long way.
this is a solid reference

Rondane
01-10-2007, 10:28 PM
My boat went 64.3 with a warn out pump and trashed impeller. I added an HTP detailed a impeller with a matching UT wear ring and boat ran 73.6. You do the math.
I did the math since you want to get involved with this. 9.3mph. Going from a worn out pump to a rebuilt one. Seems like a normal gain to me. How many mph do you figure the detailed part got ya? However it could be because 396 put the pump together. :)
Better yet, answer me this...would there be any reason that you would replace that newly detailed impeller/ wear ring now you have it? Would you take it out and buy another if a guru said there was a chance you could go faster with another impeller/WR setup? just curious.
rondane

Jetaholic
01-11-2007, 03:09 AM
My boat went 64.3 with a warn out pump and trashed impeller. I added an HTP detailed a impeller with a matching UT wear ring and boat ran 73.6. You do the math.
I did the math since you want to get involved with this. 9.3mph. Going from a worn out pump to a rebuilt one. Seems like a normal gain to me.
I don't see anywhere where 460 claimed he rebuilt the pump. All he said was that on a worn out pump, he replaced ONLY the worn out impeller with an HTP "Swingin' From Duane's Nuts" Signature detailed A impeller and the stock worn out wear ring with an "Ultimate Swingin' From Duane's Nuts" wear ring. There are a few more parts to replace to call it a full blown "rebuilt" pump.
He gained almost 10mph by just replacing those two stock worn out parts with two signature "Swingin' From Duane's Nuts" parts. That's pretty impressive. Duane must have some killer nuts! But of course...only RonJane would know that (...I wonder how he wood :D).
Just goes to show that 460 must be "smarter than the wear ring". :D :hammer2:

460 jus getn it
01-11-2007, 07:16 AM
I did the math since you want to get involved with this. 9.3mph. Going from a worn out pump to a rebuilt one. Seems like a normal gain to me. How many mph do you figure the detailed part got ya? However it could be because 396 put the pump together. :)
Better yet, answer me this...would there be any reason that you would replace that newly detailed impeller/ wear ring now you have it? Would you take it out and buy another if a guru said there was a chance you could go faster with another impeller/WR setup? just curious.
rondane
I went with what i thought would work and it did. I had done alot of research before i bought anything for my pump. Weather it was information from HTP, MPD, JBP, i explored all my options and i went with HTP. Ask anyone who has seen my boat run, it runs its ass off and runs even better since the pump rebuild. Im by no means a pro and i still have alot to learn but i will say that HTP parts worked for me.
Now since its winter, im going to be adding a shoe and ride plate from MPD. So once that is done i will be glad to let you know my gain from that as well.

Rondane
01-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Ask anyone who has seen my boat run, it runs its ass off and runs even better since the pump rebuild.
As i said, how much do you think the "detail" got ya? Of course your boat is gonna run better or "run it's ass off". You have a fresh pump now. :idea:
Hey jetaholic, i quoted the "pump rebuild" for ya mister.... "i dont see anywhere where he said he rebuilt his pump". DO YOU SEE IT NOW? I can undstand why you would start a thread like this one. :rolleyes:
Would there be any reason that you would replace that newly detailed impeller/WR combo now that you have it?? Would you take it out and purchase another on a guru's advice if you could go faster with another impeller/WR combo?
Are you going to answer my question?

460 jus getn it
01-11-2007, 08:08 AM
As i said, how much do you think the "detail" got ya? Of course your boat is gonna run better or "run it's ass off". You have a fresh pump now. :idea:
Hey jetaholic, i quoted the "pump rebuild" for ya mister.... "i dont see anywhere where he said he rebuilt his pump". DO YOU SEE IT NOW? I can undstand why you would start a thread like this one. :rolleyes:
Are you going to answer my question?Like i said, im no pro for all i know the detail didnt gain me shit. Im speaking from personal experience, HTP parts worked im MY boat. I know enough to know it's not about how much power you have, rather it's about how you set it up. I believe that once i add a ride Plate and shoe that my boat will reach its peak(with this little 440 hp BBF)
Now to answer your question, If duane said he had some new parts that he THOUGHT might work, like i said before i would do my homework before i made any decisions. I'm not going to jump right up and start changing shit. I would at least give the man a chance to show gain / losses before i even considered. You act like people jump right up and start changing shit because he said, if you read my post before i said that he told me straight up not to buy the snoot because he thought it wouldnt work. Hmmmmm, sounds like he is a business man, not a scam artist.

Rondane
01-11-2007, 08:32 AM
OR is it just that you have a really slow boat and Duane or somebody who bought parts from him spanked your ass so bad in a boat race that you feel humiliated? Get a life instead of quacking your jaw. You don't come off sounding very intelligent or have anything worth anything to contribute. BL
is it anymore intelligent than posting on or even STARTING a thread like this one? Come on be honest. This is a Class AA benchracer thread if i ever saw it! I asked some pertinant questions in the other thread on a jetters SETUP and his supposed 12mph gain and everyone who belittles me any other time is avoiding it. Every other thread i post with regards to htp their on me like flies on shit. I think the higher powers gave the order to let that one die. Lord know that wont let this one go away. I think it very interesting....SORRY. :sleeping:
How about if YOU answer my question mr. jetboatbuilder guru, would you take a practically brand new "BLUEPRINTED" pump and replace ALL of the internals FOR ANY REASON without working with them first??? Wouldn't you question WHY or FOR WHAT REASON or would you just say "ok, anything you say"??? Honest questions should get honest answers.
Is that intelligent enough for ya and is that question that i just asked YOU worth contributing on a REDICULOUS thread like this??? Christ man step up and open your eyes. :confused:
rondane

Wicked Performance Boats
01-11-2007, 09:58 AM
is it anymore intelligent than posting on or even STARTING a thread like this one? Come on be honest. This is a Class AA bench racer thread if i ever saw it! I asked some pertinent questions in the other thread on a jetters SETUP and his supposed 12mph gain and everyone who belittles me any other time is avoiding it. Every other thread i post with regards to htp their on me like flies on shit. I think the higher powers gave the order to let that one die. Lord know that wont let this one go away. I think it very interesting....SORRY. :sleeping:
How about if YOU answer my question Mr. jetboatbuilder guru, would you take a practically brand new "BLUEPRINTED" pump and replace ALL of the internals FOR ANY REASON without working with them first??? Wouldn't you question WHY or FOR WHAT REASON or would you just say "ok, anything you say"??? Honest questions should get honest answers.
Is that intelligent enough for ya and is that question that i just asked YOU worth contributing on a REDICULOUS thread like this??? Christ man step up and open your eyes. :confused:
rondane
Rondane, If that is your best shot at trying to sound intelligent and savy, you're pathetic! I will answer your STUPID questions this once.
1. I am not or ever expect to be a jetboat builder guru.
2.I would never accept or change anything in any pump until I disassembled said pump and evaluated what's inside. Then \after consulting with people that have at least the same or more knowledge about jet pumps. I will purchase parts from suppliers[yes maybe HTP] and assemble the best setup I can.
3. I don't talk to liars if I can help it. So I will talk to people that I think are honest. Answers are an interpretive thing on on mechanical issues given the information. There are reasons for the "given information "as , time limits, business that needs to be conducted, machines are running, customers are waiting, or need to get something ready to ship as UPS or FedEx is waiting.
You come on here and make a feeble attempt at talking down to people. I believe you have a boat. But you have an alter ego [board name], and you don't want anybody on here to be able to identify you so you keep hidden in the bushes on the shore, feeling sorry that you can't participate on a intelligent level so you nit pit at Duane and everybody else. Come out of the closet and show what YOU got and tell us how you achieved it. Budlight

Jetaholic
01-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Hey jetaholic, i quoted the "pump rebuild" for ya mister.... "i dont see anywhere where he said he rebuilt his pump".
I believe it was YOU who said above...
I did the math since you want to get involved with this. 9.3mph. Going from a worn out pump to a rebuilt one. Seems like a normal gain to me.
NOW do you see it!!!????
To answer your question...
Why would he if he's already happy with what he's got?

SmokinLowriderSS
01-11-2007, 03:44 PM
is it anymore intelligent than posting on or even STARTING a thread like this one? Come on be honest. This is a Class AA benchracer thread if i ever saw it! I asked some pertinant questions in the other thread on a jetters SETUP and his supposed 12mph gain and everyone who belittles me any other time is avoiding it. Every other thread i post with regards to htp their on me like flies on shit. I think the higher powers gave the order to let that one die. Lord know that wont let this one go away. I think it very interesting....SORRY. :sleeping:
How about if YOU answer my question mr. jetboatbuilder guru, would you take a practically brand new "BLUEPRINTED" pump and replace ALL of the internals FOR ANY REASON without working with them first??? Wouldn't you question WHY or FOR WHAT REASON or would you just say "ok, anything you say"??? Honest questions should get honest answers.
rondane
Sure it is inteligent, since the whole purpose of the thread was "play with Ronjane like a wind-up toy". Heavilly thought out, and working like a charm.
Hey ronjane, as much free "advertizing" as this is getting Duane, are you sure it isn't YOU on his payroll? A few kickbacks here and there, all for the purpose knowing that opposition winds up the support much better than "nut swinging". Sure looks likely to me. Anyone else see the potential?
Oh, and ronjane, the question about "replacing the newly detailed and TIGHT impeller and wear ring" is stupid, working from a stupid premise, but hey, you ARE quite good at that premise.
If I wanted to, I could dig up where you've claimed Don was the only man who knew squat about working on jet boats. I just don't have time currently. Maybe this weekend, better go start editing your posts now, you get a 2-day head start. :eek:
And after all that, you paste Don as a rip-off artist, selling overly large impellers, with unneeded inducers, on mild motors. Oh well, I guess there really IS no limits to your bahavior.
Kinda like:
here's a deal for ya PUSSY...tell ya what ....i will send duane my credit card for a new snoot for YOU...if you go on the board and say that his prices are too high(of course say how great he is...good lord thats everthing...swing swing) and you found tom's prices(and a few others) to be ALOT cheaper.
Sorry, my bowl won't accept a snoot, or a droop (whether they are "proven to work better" or not) So I don't need ya to buy me one.
Funny thing is, the above was the next to last paragraph, after about 5 paragraphs of insults to 396's inteligence, integrity, AND cock size (you WOULD know tho I suspect).:idea:
Where's my linky-poo to the other thread I asked so nicely for Ronjane? I sure wanna hang on more than just THIS thread if it'll irritate ya like another scorching case of scabies (did you finally get that cleared up?) :jawdrop: I have heard of folks with it who say it is a major annoyance. Don't know myself. :rolleyes:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-11-2007, 05:56 PM
I've seen those! Real sweet machines there. :D
WAY outta my driving skills but ought to be just perfect for ronco.
Agreed lolo:D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-11-2007, 05:57 PM
tom at jetboatperformance hooked up my old miller with a blueprinted jet ,diverter ,msd, billet dist,new 750 holley, new gauges ,shifter and much more last year and i can say that my boat ran flawless and the money went a long way.
this is a solid reference
Tom is cool as phuk!!! I talked to him 2 days ago for about 30 minutes;) I deal with alot of guys across the board;) Tom is very straight up like Duane,Tom Papp(RIP),Dan Nelson,Gary Snow,Greg Shoemaker,etc;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-11-2007, 06:00 PM
do what i told 396 to do(be honest instead of swing) then your have a deal. Where do i send the money?
FYI, duane NEVER said that the snoot would make my boat faster!! He just said that it could possibly make it faster. My boat was already fast from the get go....

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-11-2007, 06:03 PM
rondane
Technically that pump wasnt that bad! It had cavitation upon holeshot but once on plain it was fine. That is why we opted to refresh it.....
Fyi, we did a pump rebuild and I did about 2 hours of bowl work to the bowl as well;)
Please tell me this. WHY WOULD YOU TEAR INTO A FRESH PUMP AND REPLACE PARTS????????????????????:confused:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-11-2007, 06:05 PM
You bet your sweet ass!! Because the clearance from the face of the impeller to the wearring was about .085 clearance. Does this make sense to you?????????????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-11-2007, 06:06 PM
You act like people jump right up and start changing shit because he said, if you read my post before i said that he told me straight up not to buy the snoot because he thought it wouldnt work. Hmmmmm, sounds like he is a business man, not a scam artist.
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Every other thread i post with regards to htp their on me like flies on shit. I think the higher powers gave the order to let that one die.
rondane
Peeps are on you because you add gas to a fire:idea: Why dont you question the MPD/Tom Papp/Jetboatperformance threads? :idea: Maybe you have it out for duane:idea: Its only obvious. So what if he is $15 more than someone else. Do you do the same thing at a grocery store when they are higher than wal-mart? What about a mom and pop market? I guarentee that they are slightly higher than a cooperate owned establishment:idea:
How about if YOU answer my question mr. jetboatbuilder guru, would you take a practically brand new "BLUEPRINTED" pump and replace ALL of the internals FOR ANY REASON without working with them first??? Wouldn't you question WHY or FOR WHAT REASON or would you just say "ok, anything you say"???
rondane
Ill answer this for pat AFTER you answer this simple and honest question. What do you consider a BLUEPRINTED pump?
Is that intelligent enough for ya
rondane
It sure just like the one I just asked;)

jrork
01-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Been awhile since we had a good quality ***boat bitch session. For the record, I WISH I could gain damn near 10mph that easy. Sounds like it was a good move to me.....
:coffeycup :coffeycup :coffeycup :coffeycup

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-11-2007, 06:21 PM
. For the record, I WISH I could gain damn near 10mph that easy. Sounds like it was a good move to me.....
:coffeycup :coffeycup :coffeycup :coffeycup
You and me both;) The funniest thing of all is that I built that pump on top of a trashcan:D:D That my friend is some ghetto schit and it does wonders;)
396 aka the ghettoest of them all:D

RIVERTIME247
01-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Tom is cool as phuk!!! I talked to him 2 days ago for about 30 minutes;) I deal with alot of guys across the board;) Tom is very straight up like Duane,Tom Papp(RIP),Dan Nelson,Gary Snow,Greg Shoemaker,etc;)
damn striate ! im still blow away how all these guys have no problem helping you out even knowing your not coming in to have them do it. just got my new stainless impeller from duane from christmas special..always nice to save some bones to put into something elese you need.

jrork
01-11-2007, 08:29 PM
You and me both;) The funniest thing of all is that I built that pump on top of a trashcan:D:D That my friend is some ghetto schit and it does wonders;)
396 aka the ghettoest of them all:D
I'm all about the trashcan. If you get one of them zinc'd ones at HomeDepot and squint real hard they almost look chrome......purdy..:D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-11-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm all about the trashcan. If you get one of them zinc'd ones at HomeDepot and squint real hard they almost look chrome......purdy..:D
Naw man, we got these thick plastic ones out here in Az. Ill take a pic of the can I used! You will laugh your azz off:D I do alot of porting on it. Its actually perfect height for me;)
But on the other hand, aint nothing better than being purrrdy:D

Rondane
01-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Fyi, we did a pump rebuild and I did about 2 hours of bowl work to the bowl as well;)
here ya go jetaholic...he stated it again. P U M P R E B U I L D.
Please tell me this. WHY WOULD YOU TEAR INTO A FRESH PUMP AND REPLACE PARTS????????????????????:confused:
I dont know 396 why you would replace parts in a almost new factory blueprinted berkeley pump. I asked the same question and you posted on that thread remember? Of course you said nothing worth while except to take a ride in the htp swing. Why didnt you ask that same question on the other thread? Maybe duane can come on here and tell us why he "sold" kiwijetter on that idea along with selling him almost everything but the kitchen sink for his boat?
Oh, and ronjane, the question about "replacing the newly detailed and TIGHT impeller and wear ring" is stupid, working from a stupid premise, but hey, you ARE quite good at that premise.
at least you both agree with what i'm getting at. Your hometown guru i think did just that if you read that thread. Matter of fact i think 396 just dug that thread up for you. :)
rondane

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-12-2007, 12:22 AM
I dont know 396 why you would replace parts in a almost new factory blueprinted berkeley pump. I asked the same question and you posted on that thread remember? Of course you said nothing worth while except to take a ride in the htp swing. Why didnt you ask that same question on the other thread? Maybe duane can come on here and tell us why he "sold" kiwijetter on that idea along with selling him almost everything but the kitchen sink for his boat?rondane
I wouldnt replace anything in a pump that was suppose to be a BLUEPRINTED pump;) There would be a civil answer for ya;)
Now my turn;) Please explain to me what a blueprinted pump is;) i answered yours now please answer mine;)
396 aka jetaholic;)

SmokinLowriderSS
01-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Ronjane, let's take a quickie look at Kiwi's thread you want to piss about in here.
SITUATION
Major cavitation out of the hole, and severe porpoising at 64mph (GPS) at 5,000rpm, trimming out didnt help....just couldnt push any faster and stay safe.
Sounds like the pump wasn't very tight from the cavitation, and the setup on the boat was in bad shape from the porposing.
Just exactly what says that the factory got the wear ring clearances spec'd right?
SOLUTION
40+ emails to Duane at HTP (seemed like a credible guy on this site) - he never tried to sell me stuff, just asked me what I wanted to achieve. Based on reading too many websites and posts, I was misguided and confused and thought I knew what I needed - how wrong I was.!! Finally bought from Duane an HTP snoot, HTP ultimate wear-ring, loader, Aggressor B cut bronze impeller and Inducer impellor (both detailed) and a new set of roller cams (my 509 was cammed for a high perfomance car)
Snoot to give the pump leverage to help controll hull attitude.
UWR (yes, I know, you hate them, but you can't get a tighter seal to the impeller)
Loader (to help with cavitation and higher speed feeding)
Bronze impeller. Bad karma to hook up a Berkeley ALUMINUM impeller to a 543HP 509, I don't care if IMPATIENT! does manage to get away with it, he has some really good luck. I consider it asking for a grenade-job, sooner or later.
Inducer (I bet it was a DPS inducer). Launch cavitation was mentioned as a problem............
Sure looks like the US supplier (prob the berk factory) did a crappy job.
I don't care if it WAS "race-prepped". If it was prepped BADLY, or WRONG, IT NEEDED MORE, AND BETTER WORK, period. Why does this concept confuse you so?
New cam apropriate to a jetboat engine, not to a 1969 LS-7 Chevelle or such. Engine marts missmatch issue, solved.
RESULT
On flooring the gas pedal from standing start, the engine jumps to 4,000 rpm and the acceleration is PHENOMINAL -ZERO cavitation - just ACCELERATION. Now topping out at 5,200rpm and 76mph (GPS)... picked up 12mph and perfectly flat boat attitude - no porpoising. Am I happy??..you betcha...and I havent even fitted the cams yet ! :D
Duane, from 10,000 miles away, you have one happy customer down in New Zealand. Thanks:)
The engine is still miss-matched so I'd be willing to wager his performance will improve. 5200 RPM, Agressor B, 450HP.
That last line is the one that pisses ya off so.
Duane, from 10,000 miles away, you have one happy customer down in New Zealand. Thanks:)
Sucks to be you ronjane, such a sad little man.

Rondane
01-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Ronjane, let's take a quickie look at Kiwi's thread you want to piss about in here.
Sounds like the pump wasn't very tight from the cavitation, and the setup on the boat was in bad shape from the porposing.
Just exactly what says that the factory got the wear ring clearances spec'd right?
That great you mention that smokin.....suppose the wear ring clearances weren't spec'd??? "RACE PREPPED"..hmm....i'd be surprised if there was a mistake. Do we know? maybe kiwi can elaborate. I'm sure your guru mentioned that to kiwi BEFORE he sold him ANOTHER impeller and wear ring to the tune of over $600.00.. Proper thing to do i would think. What do you think CP's spec's are for a BLUEPRINTED pump? What was wrong with the original impeller and wear ring? There were practically brand new no?
Cant be "tuned" with a droop snoot,rideplate,diverter BEFORE spending an additional $500?????(i'm sure he got'em for the accessory kit :D)
UWR (yes, I know, you hate them, but you can't get a tighter seal to the impeller)
Tighter seal? Are you an expert? Don used to tell me the only tighter seal was the one used around customers pocketbooks with that concept.:D What was wrong with the wear ring that kiwi already had? does anyone know? I'm sure it had to be in new condition.
One thing we MIGHT agree on....maybe...just MAYBE the loader was causing the CAVITATION??? Wonder if that was suggested before spending more money? do you know? That berkeley loader is quite popular for all around performance from what i have read. Did he really need to put it on the shelf for the htp "midnight special" that only works with a snoot,inducer and NEW impeller and WEAR RING. Cost $200.00 EXTRA.
Bronze impeller. Bad karma to hook up a Berkeley ALUMINUM impeller to a 543HP 509, I don't care if IMPATIENT! does manage to get away with it, he has some really good luck. I consider it asking for a grenade-job, sooner or later.
Matter of opinion....doesnt have ANYTHING to do with his CAVITATION or PORPOISE does it? I forgot though, CP know nothing abut berkeley pumps. :rolleyes: Still dont know what they had to say about their "screwup" now do we, IF there was one? There are alot of jetters out there running aluminum with more than 543 hp. Anyways....good way to scare an extra few bucks out of him.
Inducer (I bet it was a DPS inducer). Launch cavitation was mentioned as a problem............
So do we even know what caused the cavitation? LOTS AND LOTS of factors here. Again, ALOT of jetters have 543hp WITHOUT an inducer and have a GREAT HOLESHOT no?. So since launch cavitation was mentioned.........tack on another $400.00. Good way to sell a newbee on a inducer! Right or wrong! Must have learned that from don. Come to think of it did he replace the shaft or get it machined? hmmm.....Wonder if he got THE 17-4 shaft in the pricetag?
I don't care if it WAS "race-prepped". If it was prepped BADLY, or WRONG, IT NEEDED MORE, AND BETTER WORK, period. Why does this concept confuse you so?
Doesnt confuse me at all, what does "confuse' me is why all the extra parts were bought and replaced on a practically NEW "race prepped" pump. How do YOU know it was prepped wrong? Who put it together kiwi or htp?? Needed more what? (It was a FACTORY "RACE PREPPED pump!) Does anyone know? do we have details on what happened and why the berk factory didnt help the guy out? Did htp do the honerable thing and tell to talk to CP first BEFORE spending all that money? No, all we have is another nut swingin thread about the inhouse favorite guru who used his salesmanship to pursuade a newbee jetter to change his WHOLE setup at his own EXTRA expense.
New cam apropriate to a jetboat engine, not to a 1969 LS-7 Chevelle or such. Engine marts missmatch issue, solved.
Good point here too, cams should have been changed BEFORE all the additonal and UNNEEDED pump parts to get an RPM and baseline. BEST $200.00 i've seen spent so far!
The engine is still miss-matched so I'd be willing to wager his performance will improve. 5200 RPM, Agressor B, 450HP.
Ditto again......should have been addressed BEFORE the pump parts change. Who's the guru here....you? Common sense. What's the RPM chart for a "race prepped" berkeley impeller? Wonder if that was better suited for his application since here ALREADY HAD IT! Do you know?
Sorry smokin it really sucks to be kiwi.......i feel for that guy who spent ALOT of UNNECESSARY cash that wasnt needed to make his boat right. Just didnt know any better yet your guru sure did and took FULL ADVANTAGE it appears. Sad to think a sale was more important which is clearly the case here. Customer is happy as his problem is solved and that is all you have to say. Come on? Step up to the plate and just admit it smokin. Truth hurts i know. Cost him an extra $1700.00 when the problem could have been solved for roughly 25% of that. Wonder how happy kiwi would have been if he could have had his problem solved and saved that money by using the PARTS he already had just by TUNING them?:idea: Now that be something to swing about. Sad little man....if you say so. Better look back into your smoke and mirror.
rondane

fleetimus
01-13-2007, 11:40 AM
I have not entered this foray for obvious reasons. I do not know anything about boats:confused: But, the vast knowledge you posess, makes me want to see your boat. It has to be a fine piece!!! Could you please post pics and specs?
Thank you

Duane HTP
01-13-2007, 12:41 PM
I've had several people Email and Pm me and ask why I don't get on this thread and defend myself. Thanks for your concern, but there is no real need. Just read a few of Rondane's posts and you'll soon see that the guy does NOT have a clue what's going on here. All he does is advertise for me. Thanks to all for reading these great threads.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-13-2007, 12:42 PM
I have not entered this foray for obvious reasons. I do not know anything about boats:confused: But, the vast knowledge you posess, makes me want to see your boat. It has to be a fine piece!!! Could you please post pics and specs?
Thank you
Yo Fleet, get over it because he will not show his boat!!! I have asked him anout 25 times and still no pic or specs:idea: Hell he cant even answer my question about a race prepped pump:idea:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Now my turn;) Please explain to me what a blueprinted pump is;) i answered yours now please answer mine;)
396 aka jetaholic;)
I will again requote my origional quote!!!!! Dammit ron, answer the muthaphukking question:mad:

SmokinLowriderSS
01-13-2007, 03:33 PM
That great you mention that smokin.....suppose the wear ring clearances weren't spec'd??? "RACE PREPPED"..hmm....
Care to 'splain to me what the clearance spec on "race-prepped" is? Make me as smart as you ronjane. Educumate me.
Cant be "tuned" with a droop snoot,rideplate,diverter BEFORE spending an additional $500?????(i'm sure he got'em for the accessory kit
Apparently it didn't liek the droop snoot ronjane. As much as you prefer to think not, some boats don't perform as well with a droop.
Now, why run a proposing setup, fight to make it stable with the plate & diverter, fighting the tendancy to porpose the whole way. A sure way to run S L O W E R. Better way is to get it to run smooth, and then refine the setup. THAT is "tuning", not "cobling a mess together".
Makes me glad you aren't "tuning" on Lowrider. :jawdrop:
Tighter seal? What was wrong with the wear ring that kiwi already had? does anyone know? I'm sure it had to be in new condition.
Excess stupidity deleted out on this one.
Can you yet tell me what the "race-prepped" spec on the wear ring clearance is/was? Just how "tight" is/was "new condition".
Get out your tape measure and tell me this ronjane. "Which is "tighter", 20-thousandths of an inch space, or a brushing contact? .020" or .002" Ron jane, which is "tighter?
I seem to recall a year or so ago Duane offering to 'splain how a "rubber" seal ring worked. I can now safely assume, you never called to waste Duane's time. He & I are both grateful, I am sure.
just MAYBE the loader was causing the CAVITATION??? Wonder if that was suggested before spending more money? do you know? That berkeley loader is quite popular for all around performance from what i have read.
Apparently, the Sport-Loader only works properly where the water spins clockwise going down the drain. HTP markets one that works in BOTH directions, clockwise AND anti-clockwise. I'm surprised Don never filled you in on this phenomena.
I wonder just how many of the guys going fast are running the factory Berk "Sport-Loader"? Care to give us the numbers Ronjane? I'm sure you know.
There are alot of jetters out there running aluminum with more than 543 hp. Anyways....good way to scare an extra few bucks out of him..
And when the companies that MAKE the aluminum impellers say not to put more than 400 HP or 4,800 rpm on the Aluminum impeller, I'll defer to them and play my cards safe.
Did you see the pic last year of a bowl after an Al impeller let go, completely? No, I guess not. At least the boat didn't sink. The bowl was 2-piece afterward. I looked it over in person.
Go ahead ron and put your 800 HP thru the magic white-metal. I will put my 600 thru the gold stuff. I sleep just fine.
So do we even know what caused the cavitation?
Doesn't really make a damn to Kiwi, does it. He's happpy as a clam on the beach at high-tide, and that pisses you off. Go ahead and speculate your ass off ronjane, you are officially the only one who cares.
ALOT of jetters have 543hp WITHOUT an inducer and have a GREAT HOLESHOT no?. So since launch cavitation was mentioned.........tack on another $400.00. Good way to sell a newbee on a inducer! Right or wrong!
Most folks would have expected you to be happy Duane sold him an inducer from DON'S (since you've said they are having such a tough time of things, what with all us here crapping on DPS constantly).
Besides, bottom line, his pump WORKS now, no launch cavitation, and Kiwi is so happy he has trouble seeing straight from the ear-to-ear grin.
Hell, you are actually BRIBING people to say HTP is expensive, and nowadays you sit here alluding to Don ripping people off on a regular basis:
Must have learned that from don.
Doesnt confuse me at all, what does "confuse' me is why all the extra parts were bought and replaced on a practically NEW "race prepped" pump.
Because the pump did not perform properly as delivered.
How do YOU know it was prepped wrong? How do you know it was prepped right? It did not work properly.
Who put it together kiwi or htp??Sounds like one did, and the other could have, done a better job than CP did on this one. Ho hummm Are we almost done yet?
Needed more what? (It was a FACTORY "RACE PREPPED pump!) Does anyone know? do we have details on what happened and why the berk factory didnt help the guy out? Did htp do the honerable thing and tell to talk to CP first BEFORE spending all that money? No, all we have is another nut swingin thread about the inhouse favorite guru who used his salesmanship to pursuade a newbee jetter to change his WHOLE setup at his own EXTRA expense.
Yep, and everyone on here (well, with one exception) is enjoying the s**t out of watching your wheels spin ronjane.
Ronjane, why don't YOU own a pump shop? :confused: With all the knowledge you have, and the service you would honorably give, you'd run your hated nemesis High-Tech Performance out of business in no time. :idea: You might just corner the market on jet pump work.
Let me know when you come out with a catologue, I may need parts and will surely want advice on how to speed my tub up. :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-13-2007, 04:59 PM
FYI Ronjane, take a look at cp's prices:eek: Then you will see who is doing the price pumping:eek:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Here is a little proof....
Stainless Impeller
150-L-05021
Brand Name: Berkeley Jet Drive
A Cut Impeller Stainless Steel
Sale Price $1,388.95 $1,295.99
Brand Name: Berkeley Jet Drive
Performance Tuned Impeller, Stainless
Sale Price $1,961.95 $1,695.99 <------THis is thier detailed impeller:eek:

dragboat
01-14-2007, 05:15 PM
He will not show his boat. Kinda shady... its got to be an also known as...
So your best guess...
Rondane... aka...=:eek:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-14-2007, 06:18 PM
I hit a nerve. He's a FAKE!
What did he say to you? :idea: He has sent several pm's to me about duane. He is LAME!

SmokinLowriderSS
01-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Hell yea dragboat, send-em arround or post-em up. He learn't real early on not to send me stupid sh!+. :D
He has tried bribing 396 & I to say bad stuff about Hi-Tech tho. Has he made you any good "offers" (his sister or his own azz don't count)? :D

Emanon Performance Marine
01-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Hell yea dragboat, send-em arround or post-em up. He learn't real early on not to send me stupid sh!+. :D
He has tried bribing 396 & I to say bad stuff about Hi-Tech tho. Has he made you any good "offers" (his sister or his own azz don't count)? :D
That is funny shit !:D

Emanon Performance Marine
01-14-2007, 06:35 PM
i voted for him......i know this country is in great shape with bush at the helm :rolleyes: How's the $3.00 gal gas fellas? Dont forget all the jobs going overseas. If kerry is that bad.....bush aint much better.
This here used to be treason.

Rondane
01-14-2007, 06:53 PM
But, 396, I thought HTP was absurdly higher than everyone, Mr-ripoff to the tune of something like 20%. Ain't that what ronjane said? I'm sure ronnie wouldn't lie to us 396. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
do the math smokin....look up jetboatperformances prices and compare them to yours....could be even more than 20%. :) LOOK IT UP! He wont sell the plastic ring either for SOME reason. I asked him. :)
I wouldn't lie to ya honest, so try not to lie to everyone else here. :D Step up and tell the truth for once. Oh and btw, reading kiwi's thread again, looks like he didnt really GAIN 12mph...he couldnt go any faster until he fixed the porpoise. So no one really knows how fast he was going to start with. Interesting huh? Maybe that thread was just a setup to begin with from the higher powers above?
rondane

dragboat
01-14-2007, 06:57 PM
I don't like soaps. rondane has no credibility, is building no credibility. I hate bullies. rondane is nameless, faceless, boatless? So rondane comes on here talking sheet? Who's going to like that?

IMPATIENT 1
01-14-2007, 06:57 PM
hey get it rite smokin, IMPATIENT was turnin a alum. berk a with 750+hp bbf, and on days i was out gunned, i'd drop in the 300hp shot jets and beat on the alum impellor with 850hp:D .ran it that way for 16 hard races(won em all:devil: ) and lots of trips to the lake.pulled off the bowl outta curiosity at seasons end and before sellin the boat( this bein the 1st time i'd used a ulti. wearing) impellor looked like the day i installed it and wearing looked the same.it stayed together because i never cavatated it on the bottle, i knew my pumps limit and i tried to destroy it:D just never happened.

SmokinLowriderSS
01-14-2007, 08:10 PM
I try to give ya credit where credit is due IMPATIENT, the ammount of HP you are getting away with on an Al impeller dives me the willies. :(
I won't smack on ya for doing it, but I just think it'll catch up with ya sooner or later. :)
Ronco, jesus man, pathetic.
Even IF one supplier of something is more expensive, how does that supplier stay in business? Wouldn't the cheaper guy soon have all the business? How come so many people pay "extra" to Hi-Tech and then do it again, and again, and again? Explain THAT to us here ronjane. If some people aren't out searching under every rock for the low-ball price, just what concern of that is yours??
Lessee here ....... HTP vs JBP ..... How do you want to compare prices ronjane. A lot of what Hi-Tech carries are Agressor parts, not counting the HTP parts Duane makes in house and/or owns patents on. All the parts I am seeing on JBP are American Turbine Jet parts.
Do they both sell Don's Pump Shop inducers? If so, their prices are $4 apart. If not, pointless to compare.
What brand bowls do JBP sell?
What brand Loaders does JBP sell?
Hi-Tech sells it's own snoot, it's own stuffer, it's own E/F berk shoe/rideplate setup, it's own driveline disconnect (the standard in the industry), it's own wear ring (Urathane "rubber", not plastic which drives you nuts, but the users sure love it both lake boaters and all-out drag racers).
Do the liners of metal wear rings push out from behind the ring under high bowl pressures Ronjane?
The UWR has no such trouble, under even the highest bowl pressures. Go ahead, ask the "over 1,000HP" guys.
Are you certain you are no relative of Chet, the ATJ god? You sure sound a lot like him.
Just why do you give a damn what Hi-Tech charges anyhow if he somehow (miracle of US-54/400) keeps coming up with happy, repeat customers?
Since when did you become the "value police" anyhow?
As an adult, it is MY JOB to decide just how much I want to pay for something I want, not yours. If I want to pay a friend of mine $5 more, or even $555 more, then so be it, it's MY business, sure as hell not yours.
The exact same is true of 396, Quickjet, IMPATIENT1, Dragboat, Kiwi, steelcomp, moneypit, and every other adult one of us in the world taday. What we pay, to whom we want to pay it to, is our choice, our decision, our perogative, and if we see fit to violate every tennet of tight-assed "wisdom" you claim to have, SO BE IT.
Open a shop ronjane, and take over the industry, or go sink your tub next to Later's. It's in Lake Mead I think. Make it a road trip with a purpose.

dragboat
01-14-2007, 08:25 PM
If you enjoy doing business with someone,
you should pay them enough to stay in business.
Seems like common sense to me.
:)

IMPATIENT 1
01-14-2007, 08:37 PM
lol, i know smokin. i was really pushing my luck, but that's how i roll:D

SmokinLowriderSS
01-15-2007, 03:23 AM
It's all good IMPATIENT1. :) You're just 1 lucky sum-beach. :D
The Al one in my Taylor was dying fall of '05, found it cracking when I rebuilt that winter and went mag-bronze. :( I was only pushing 350 HP but we do get pretty bouncy here at times. It's still on my garage wall.

SmokinLowriderSS
01-15-2007, 03:30 AM
As much as Ronjane keeps crying about HTP baeing overpriced, he was REALLY pissed when Duane put out the holiday sale circular last month.
Sent Duane at least 1 really "nice" e-mail or PM about it "thanking" him for having a sale. :rolleyes:

Rondane
01-15-2007, 06:21 AM
Even IF one supplier of something is more expensive, how does that supplier stay in business? Wouldn't the cheaper guy soon have all the business? How come so many people pay "extra" to Hi-Tech and then do it again, and again, and again? Explain THAT to us here ronjane. If some people aren't out searching under every rock for the low-ball price, just what concern of that is yours??
You must make alot of money smokin? Remember the saying, "the harder you ****em, the better they like it" It's expensive so it must be good? How does Walmart stay in business?? JPB has been in business a long time, has GREAT customer service, has ALL the parts(or can get for you) you mention and has BETTER prices than you so what are you saying? Trust me, there are more people looking for good deals than what you think. With all your vast knowledge i see you posess(even the rehearsed statement from the man above we see here, are you his spokesperson?) you should already know that.
Lessee here ....... HTP vs JBP ..... How do you want to compare prices ronjane. A lot of what Hi-Tech carries are Agressor parts, not counting the HTP parts Duane makes in house and/or owns patents on. All the parts I am seeing on JBP are American Turbine Jet parts.
JPB can get ANYTHING you want, he recommends ATJ as they are a better quality hands down. I'm sure you could ask ANYONE on here about the quality of ATJ parts over berkeley or aggressor. That is all DON swore by also in case you didnt know. Said you could put the aggressor stuff right next to the rubber rings....in the dumpster. :sqeyes: He ran 2500 HUNDRED HP with the liner style rings in case you didnt know. Besides from what i read on that xmas list of yours i didnt see any ATJ parts just aggressor and some leftover stuff you OBVIOUSLY didnt or couldn't sell throughout the year so you gave it away. JBP doesnt need to do that...his prices are ALL YEAR LONG like that. SO, why not SUPPORT someone who is trying to support YOU all YEAR LONG? Common sense isnt it?
Do they both sell Don's Pump Shop inducers? If so, their prices are $4 apart. If not, pointless to compare.
What brand bowls do JBP sell?
What brand Loaders does JBP sell?
Hi-Tech sells it's own snoot, it's own stuffer, it's own E/F berk shoe/rideplate setup, it's own driveline disconnect (the standard in the industry), it's own wear ring (Urathane "rubber", not plastic which drives you nuts, but the users sure love it both lake boaters and all-out drag racers).
open your eyes smokin....make a phone call out of that state you live in or out of that shop you work out of mr. spokesperson. Sorry to say but their prices are WAY more than $4.00 apart. JPB carrys it all from what i see....wait he doesnt have the rubber rings or the snoots for SOME reason. Says you need to contact yourself for that. Rumour has it your pretty close to the deal on dons inducers? The son has no other choice now but to go back to flippin burgers....feel proud on that one!:mad:
Do the liners of metal wear rings push out from behind the ring under high bowl pressures Ronjane?
The UWR has no such trouble, under even the highest bowl pressures. Go ahead, ask the "over 1,000HP" guys.
Is this an HTP "edit" mr. spokesman?
What we pay, to whom we want to pay it to, is our choice, our decision, our perogative, and if we see fit to violate every tennet of tight-assed "wisdom" you claim to have, SO BE IT.
Are you going to sit here and tell me you dont like to get a deal? You feel the need to "pursuade" people to buy YOUR stuff with your propaganda posters? You should pay extra cuz he's a friend of yours? What are you smokin? Is that how it's supposed to work? :rolleyes: Price is the bottom line with anyone even YOU. No smoke and mirror you have can deny that. This post is so rehearsed by the man upstairs to you it's the only thing i see thats pathetic. I called you on parts and prices compared to others and you twist words to make yourself look good. Kiwi still didnt have to pay all that extra money and replace his already NEW stuff to achieve his goal. He got SOAKED in broad daylight. You know it and i know it. Obviously everyone else does to as they are keeping quiet. Are we done now or are you going to try another tangent? :D
rondane

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-15-2007, 07:22 AM
Too bad he hasnt learned to stop flamming Duane:yuk:
ROGAINE SHOW US YOUR BOAT

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-15-2007, 07:31 AM
boy what a soap opera.....i asked why he gets involved if he has nothing really to add aside from me not showing my boat so i must be someone else crap. :rolleyes: KenF showed my some of my info a while back remember 396?? That was my PM to him if you must know...nothing more nothing less. He obviously likes soaps too so he has to post "ron just PM'd me". OH BOY, I didnt know i was that popular? Besides,Why dont you step up with my offer for the snoot instead of passing my PM's around like a pussy saying i'm bribing you? I just want you to tell the TRUTH and swing on some nuts that really dont get the credit they deserve is all like JBP. Why dont you take my CASH offer of $2500 for that old boat of yours without a motor instead of wasting posting space with your "serious offers' only? What is a serious offer then mr. "i need to move this boat to make room for the new one? I see this path thread already, no one is getting involved to speak the truth. I pointed out a fact and i sleep at night knowing i did. Truth hurts i know.
rondane
Ill take your offer on the snoot when my new boat is ready! There is no need to sugarcoat a DAMN thing. If Dons shaft seal didnt I would post it and the same thing about the Ultimate Wearring.
As far as $2500 for my boat rigged less motor is too damn funny. Go ahead and make your comment. I already know what your going to say:idea: REPEAT after me" The neighborhood kids will use it for a sandbox,before I sell it to Ronjane".
Answer to your question: A serious offer would include a pm from a serious buyer. I would like to move the boat so I have more room. Unlike your self, I do own 3 boats:idea: What truth are you referring to? Explain this one! Once again you have no FUKKING clue.
For the last fukking time.....

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-15-2007, 07:33 AM
But, 396, I thought HTP was absurdly higher than everyone, Mr-ripoff to the tune of something like 20%. Ain't that what ronjane said? I'm sure ronnie wouldn't lie to us 396. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
If ronjaqne had a boat on the lake, and it ran, and nobody was arround to hear it: :idea:
Would it really make noise?
Would anybody care?
Things to make ya say "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm".:D
He doesnt want to tell us that I am right about Cp!!!!:idea:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-15-2007, 07:42 AM
do the math smokin....look up jetboatperformances prices and compare them to yours....could be even more than 20%. :) LOOK IT UP! He wont sell the plastic ring either for SOME reason. I asked him. :)
I wouldn't lie to ya honest, so try not to lie to everyone else here. :D Step up and tell the truth for once. Oh and btw, reading kiwi's thread again, looks like he didnt really GAIN 12mph...he couldnt go any faster until he fixed the porpoise. So no one really knows how fast he was going to start with. Interesting huh? Maybe that thread was just a setup to begin with from the higher powers above?
rondane
Why are you dodging the fact that cp's prices are high?????????:idea:
I will say that tom has killer prices! That is a know fact, thats why my credit card is on file @ his place.
Why dont you talk about how high Cp's,Rexmarine's, and Eddie marine's pump prices are????? :idea: :idea: Let me know when they have high points championship boats as well. Let me know when they cater to ONLY jetboats!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-15-2007, 07:50 AM
I don't like soaps. rondane has no credibility, is building no credibility. I hate bullies. rondane is nameless, faceless, boatless? So rondane comes on here talking sheet? Who's going to like that?
Exactly!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-15-2007, 07:59 AM
Since when did you become the "value police" anyhow?
As an adult, it is MY JOB to decide just how much I want to pay for something I want, not yours. If I want to pay a friend of mine $5 more, or even $555 more, then so be it, it's MY business, sure as hell not yours.
The exact same is true of 396, Quickjet, IMPATIENT1, Dragboat, Kiwi, steelcomp, moneypit, and every other adult one of us in the world taday. What we pay, to whom we want to pay it to, is our choice, our decision, our perogative, and if we see fit to violate every tennet of tight-assed "wisdom" you claim to have, SO BE IT.
Open a shop ronjane, and take over the industry, or go sink your tub next to Later's. It's in Lake Mead I think. Make it a road trip with a purpose.
it dont get any better than that!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-15-2007, 08:09 AM
lol, i know smokin. i was really pushing my luck, but that's how i roll:D
I did the same thing but i scattered my pump:eek:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Serious questions for Rondane!!!!!
What have you bought from Tom? Have you ever bought anything from Tom?
These are LEGIT questions. All B.S aside so answe them!!!!!!

Jetaholic
01-15-2007, 11:56 AM
My question is...
ROGAINE WHY WON'T YOU SHOW US YOUR FOCKING BOAT!!!???

dragboat
01-15-2007, 02:42 PM
the fake rondane pm'd me told me to stay the **** off his thread :eek: . What a phony!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-15-2007, 03:11 PM
the fake rondane pm'd me told me to stay the **** off his thread :eek: . What a phony!
Who the fukk does he think he is:devil: Screw him!! he cant even answer the nice questions I asked him:yuk:

SmokinLowriderSS
01-15-2007, 05:40 PM
This would be some funny shi+, if it weren't so assanine.
And yes, it sure reads like a JBP cheerleader post. He's gone from pumping DPS to pumping JBP, and calling Don a crook.
I guess it HAS TO, since DPS is apparently closing (see paragraph 3). Well, I wonder who'll be the next supplier of good inducers. Ronjane'll absolutely DIE if Duane buys the molds. :D
You must make alot of money smokin? Remember the saying, "the harder you ****em, the better they like it" It's expensive so it must be good? How does Walmart stay in business?? JPB has been in business a long time, has GREAT customer service, has ALL the parts(or can get for you) you mention and has BETTER prices than you so what are you saying? Trust me, there are more people looking for good deals than what you think. With all your vast knowledge i see you posess(even the rehearsed statement from the man above we see here, are you his spokesperson?) you should already know that.
Fine, if people want to find the deals, let them. If someone wants to pay a friend $20 extra, WHAT BUSINESS IS IT OF YOURS? You need to un-bunch your panties ronjane and figure out 2 things:
1- You are NOT the international "value police".
2- NOBODY gives a shi+ what you say.
3- My income is also NUNYA, but I'll bet my disposable income available to spend on my boat is less than yours.
JPB can get ANYTHING you want, he recommends ATJ as they are a better quality hands down. I'm sure you could ask ANYONE on here about the quality of ATJ parts over berkeley or aggressor. That is all DON swore by also in case you didnt know. Said you could put the aggressor stuff right next to the rubber rings....in the dumpster. :sqeyes: He ran 2500 HUNDRED HP with the liner style rings in case you didnt know. Besides from what i read on that xmas list of yours i didnt see any ATJ parts just aggressor and some leftover stuff you OBVIOUSLY didnt or couldn't sell throughout the year so you gave it away. JBP doesnt need to do that...his prices are ALL YEAR LONG like that. SO, why not SUPPORT someone who is trying to support YOU all YEAR LONG? Common sense isnt it?
What was that 2500HP engine build ronjane? The bullshit flag is up. :idea:
Is that 2500 e-bay HP? Kinda like 100mph e-bay boats?
Not my x-mas list jane, I had zero input. A lot of folks here on the board requested items tho, and were rewarded. You shoulda bought some good parts. Woulda made your induced ATJ AA aluminum impellered 455 Don set up for you go faster.
open your eyes smokin....make a phone call out of that state you live in or out of that shop you work out of mr. spokesperson. Sorry to say but their prices are WAY more than $4.00 apart. JPB carrys it all from what i see....wait he doesnt have the rubber rings or the snoots for SOME reason. Says you need to contact yourself for that. Rumour has it your pretty close to the deal on dons inducers? The son has no other choice now but to go back to flippin burgers....feel proud on that one!:mad:
Why should I make phone calls checking on prices on parts I have no need of jane? Send me your phone card ### and I'll be happy to make all the L.D. calls you want. :D
If Don's sun is headed back to Wendy's, I guess it means Don didn't teach him the business well enough. Don's fault, his son's problem, not mine.
What's the price on the inducer molds jane??? I might be able to find an interested party. :D
Is this an HTP "edit" mr. spokesman?
edit of what?
Ask Unchained about the above phenomena, and a lot of others I have read of on here.
Go back and dig up one of your bag-ass threads on wear rings and READ the thread jane. It is a known phenomenae, and not a rarity.
You see, I can remember stuff you and others posted, and I know how to work the "search" function.
Are you going to sit here and tell me you dont like to get a deal? You feel the need to "pursuade" people to buy YOUR stuff with your propaganda posters? You should pay extra cuz he's a friend of yours? What are you smokin? Is that how it's supposed to work? :rolleyes: Price is the bottom line with anyone even YOU. No smoke and mirror you have can deny that. This post is so rehearsed by the man upstairs to you it's the only thing i see thats pathetic. I called you on parts and prices compared to others and you twist words to make yourself look good. Kiwi still didnt have to pay all that extra money and replace his already NEW stuff to achieve his goal. He got SOAKED in broad daylight. You know it and i know it. Obviously everyone else does to as they are keeping quiet. Are we done now or are you going to try another tangent? :D
rondane
No, I'm not done, but only you care.
If Kiwi got soaked, he's all wet, and HAPPY ABOUT IT. Really pisses you off, don't it? LMAO. Have you ever been happy jane? I'll venture not. You are a very sad, angry little bich. I'm not only glad you don't tune on Lowrider, I'm doubly glad you are not my neighbor.:)
Ms Value Police, find me the cheapest price on an MSD 83606 distributor. You won't like where I order it from, so where would YOU get it at, and for how much? :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-15-2007, 05:43 PM
This would be some funny shi+, if it weren't so assanine.
And yes, it sure reads like a JBP cheerleader post. He's gone from pumping DPS to pumping JBP, and calling Don a crook.
I guess it HAS TO, since DPS is apparently closing (see paragraph 3). Well, I wonder who'll be the next supplier of good inducers. Ronjane'll absolutely DIE if Duane buys the molds. :D
Fine, if people want to find the deals, let them. If someone wants to pay a friend $20 extra, WHAT BUSINESS IS IT OF YOURS? You need to un-bunch your panties ronjane and figure out 2 things:
1- You are NOT the international "value police".
2- NOBODY gives a shi+ what you say.
3- My income is also NUNYA, but I'll bet my disposable income available to spend on my boat is less than yours.
What was that 2500HP engine build ronjane? The bullshit flag is up. :idea:
Is that 2500 e-bay HP? Kinda like 100mph e-bay boats?
Not my x-mas list jane, I had zero input. A lot of folks here on the board requested items tho, and were rewarded. You shoulda bought some good parts. Woulda made your induced ATJ AA aluminum impellered 455 Don set up for you go faster.
Why should I make phone calls checking on prices on parts I have no need of jane? Send me your phone card ### and I'll be happy to make all the L.D. calls you want. :D
If Don's sun is headed back to Wendy's, I guess it means Don didn't teach him the business well enough. Don's fault, his son's problem, not mine.
What's the price on the inducer molds jane??? I might be able to find an interested party. :D
edit of what?
Ask Unchained about the above phenomena, and a lot of others I have read of on here.
Go back and dig up one of your bag-ass threads on wear rings and READ the thread jane. It is a known phenomenae, and not a rarity.
You see, I can remember stuff you and others posted, and I know how to work the "search" function.
No, I'm not done, but only you care.
If Kiwi got soaked, he's all wet, and HAPPY ABOUT IT. Really pisses you off, don't it? LMAO. Have you ever been happy jane? I'll venture not. You are a very sad, angry little bich. I'm not only glad you don't tune on Lowrider, I'm doubly glad you are not my neighbor.:)
Ms Value Police, find me the cheapest price on an MSD 83606 distributor. You won't like where I order it from, so where would YOU get it at, and for how much? :D
Preech on Mah Botha;)

SmokinLowriderSS
01-15-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm betting we get 8 pages of stupid out of Jane this time, AND we wind up in benchracers where Jane is more at home.
Any takers?? Odds are 3:2.7. :D

SmokinLowriderSS
01-15-2007, 06:52 PM
I did the same thing but i scattered my pump:eek:
You sir, have MY kind of luck. :(
Hey ronjane, SHOW US YOUR BOAT.

Jetaholic
01-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Got my Jet-A-Way installed on my pump. It looked so badass I had to rub one out on it ... :D:D:D

SmokinLowriderSS
01-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Hey Ronjane,
Experiences of wear rings blowing out the insulator (why I educate this maroon :confused: ) :
From an old Unchained post, picture is gone, Feb 2005
Has anyone else had this happen?
Evidently the bowl pressure forced the nylon insulator from around the wear ring forward and it has started to extrude it out the front.
Kojac, Feb 2005.
We pulled the boat and started inspection and found the insulator had come loose and blocked the water supply line from the pump.
It destroyed his new pump and new blown motor. $30,000.00 +
I have seen a few pumps with the insulator popped out and usually they just spin the wear ring. I hate thought of having an insulator in there knowing the damage they can cause when they disintergrate.
Kojac
I'd be willing to get they are not the only 2 instances in the world jane.
Showing my age:
From SNL, the great years: "Jane, you ignorant Slut". :D

Rondane
01-16-2007, 09:29 PM
LMFAO!!!!!
I hear tell it that Don (RIP) formerly of DPS invented the ratchet. At least, that's what I heard ....... from ..... a little birdie ........... named ron. :D
You didnt know this? Hate to break it to ya but he did. FACT! Ever seen one? You just love callin me out dont ya? About the insulators coming out under pressure..hmmm...why dont you ask the west coast jetters about that? I've never read anything about that problem with them on this board. They are at the top of their game it seems. Whadiathink spokesman? Come to think about it, maybe thats why kiwi was instructed(BS'd is more like it sad to say) to replace his BRAND NEW "race detailed" :sqeyes: berk impeller and wear ring huh? All that 543hp would be sure to squirt it out. Maybe the INSULATOR was causing the CAVITATION????:rolleyes: Better be safe(to the tune of $600.00) right?:sqeyes: If you cant "dazzlem" with brilliance, "bafflem" with BULLSHIT!!
rondane

Jetaholic
01-17-2007, 09:39 AM
You didnt know this? Hate to break it to ya but he did. FACT! Ever seen one? You just love callin me out dont ya? About the insulators coming out under pressure..hmmm...why dont you ask the west coast jetters about that? I've never read anything about that problem with them on this board. They are at the top of their game it seems. Whadiathink spokesman? Come to think about it, maybe thats why kiwi was instructed(BS'd is more like it sad to say) to replace his BRAND NEW "race detailed" :sqeyes: berk impeller and wear ring huh? All that 543hp would be sure to squirt it out. Maybe the INSULATOR was causing the CAVITATION????:rolleyes: Better be safe(to the tune of $600.00) right?:sqeyes: If you cant "dazzlem" with brilliance, "bafflem" with BULLSHIT!!
rondane
And the last time I talked to Duane, he never denied this fact. The only difference between his and Don's was that Duane figured out how to put a neutral on his.

SmokinLowriderSS
01-17-2007, 07:18 PM
You didnt know this? Hate to break it to ya but he did. FACT! Ever seen one?
No, never saw one, don't own a v-drive, and never did. Won't fit on my Taylor, and don't give a damn either. Just yanking your chain.
YANK!!
You just love callin me out dont ya?
Only every time you post stupidity, which seems to be almost daily lately.
About the insulators coming out under pressure..hmmm...why dont you ask the west coast jetters about that? I've never read anything about that problem with them on this board. They are at the top of their game it seems.
Jesus Jane, I even looked it up for ya. How is it you deny reality like this?
Do you REALLY think Unchained and Kojac's friend are the only 2 isolated examples of wear ring extrusion the world has ever seen??? I would wager not, and I would win.
Whadiathink spokesman? Come to think about it, maybe thats why kiwi was instructed(BS'd is more like it sad to say) to replace his BRAND NEW "race detailed" :sqeyes: berk impeller and wear ring huh? All that 543hp would be sure to squirt it out. Maybe the INSULATOR was causing the CAVITATION????:rolleyes: Better be safe(to the tune of $600.00) right?:sqeyes: If you cant "dazzlem" with brilliance, "bafflem" with BULLSHIT!!
rondane
I've already wasted too much time explaining to someone with blinders on why it is obvious to a normal person that the pump was apparently NOT RIGHT.
Since you know so much Jane, What would you have reccomended to fix the "race-prepped" pump that was "perfect", but NOT WORKING?
Keep in mind the $500 shipping each way to/from the US. Send it back to CP, spend $1,000, and perhaps nothing changes.
Why don't YOU run a shop jane, you know soooo much about jet pumps & value pricing?
What's the price for the DPS inducer molds jane, since DPS is closing anyhow and the boy is going back to Burger King?

SmokinLowriderSS
01-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Oh, and Jane, I'm sure that in Duane's 30+ years of tuning boats, he's NEVER SEEN an Eliminator Bubble Deck like the one Kiwi had shipped from the USA. Yes, Duane would have NO IDEA just what that hull might like to perform well with because I'm sure he's never worked with one before. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm sure CP's work was better just selling him a generically "race-prepped" pump. :rolleyes:

publicnuisance
01-18-2007, 05:05 AM
Only every time you post stupidity, which seems to be almost daily lately.
Funny thing happened yesterday when I spoke to Don's son Steve ,he is not going out of bussines,and for you who don't know he has served a life time apprenticship at DPS and knows more about pumps than most!!!!! DPS holds the patant on the rachet,which has a neutral on it...Just a little note on humanity,how would any of you like to work in the shop every day where your father died with all of your emotions raging,pretty tough!!!So instead of saying things like you do, one should think about all help Don and his family gave jetters over the years.We all should be helping and thinking about our own mortality......Glenn
I've already wasted too much time explaining to someone with blinders on why it is obvious to a normal person that the pump was apparently NOT RIGHT.
Since you know so much Jane, What would you have reccomended to fix the "race-prepped" pump that was "perfect", but NOT WORKING?
Keep in mind the $500 shipping each way to/from the US. Send it back to CP, spend $1,000, and perhaps nothing changes.
Why don't YOU run a shop jane, you know soooo much about jet pumps & value pricing?
What's the price for the DPS inducer molds jane, since DPS is closing anyhow and the boy is going back to Burger King?[/QUOTE]

Duane HTP
01-18-2007, 06:12 AM
Don's pump service is open and doing business. Steve is keeping things going. I'm sure it's been a very tough situation to pick up and go on in the same shop where his dad used to be every day. I just talked to him and bought another batch of inducers and seals from him last week.

SmokinLowriderSS
01-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Seems Don's son ISN'T going "back to flipping burgers".
Maybe someday ronjane, you'll shut up long enough to find out what "credibility" feels like.
Is there ANYTHING you've gotten right ronjane?

HammerDown
01-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Ok Jetters, Lets get back to talking Jet Boats
...or the thread gets locked.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-19-2007, 07:07 PM
OK...I'll start.
RONJANE SHOW US YOUR BOAT!!! :D
LMFAO!!!!
My new gullwing weighs 525lbs;) THis new hull should fly!!!!

dragboat
01-19-2007, 09:12 PM
LMFAO!!!!
My new gullwing weighs 525lbs;) THis new hull should fly!!!!
How much power is in the plans?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-19-2007, 09:22 PM
How much power is in the plans?
850-900;)

dragboat
01-19-2007, 09:25 PM
850-900;)
And then some!:eek:

NUTHIN
01-19-2007, 09:55 PM
850-900;)
:jawdrop: ate honded fiddy :jawdrop: DAMN:D

SmokinLowriderSS
01-20-2007, 08:42 AM
He's putting a lot of time and effort into making the right decisions on that motor, I think he'll get it into that ballpark. Sure gonna be a thumper!
So, Jane, what is your setup in, and just what IS your setup combo?
You aren't afraid of spreading lies and slamming people you don't know publicly on here, so grow a spine, stand up, and play a new game.
Play SHOW AND TELL ON YOUR BOAT, WITH PICTURES INCLUDED.
If a few photochoppers have fun, it's because you deserve it from all the BS you've posted. Pay your pennance and man up.
I have a slow tub, but at least I show it, and tell about it, honestly, her abilities and limits, hell, it's my avatar, with me in the photo.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Foe Shizzle;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
01-20-2007, 09:22 AM
I think Im going to a twin turbo honda v-tec motor now:D That should spin the pump to 9500r's

cruser
01-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Just in the interest of keeping the facts true here and not to stir up the pot. Have you seen the patent for the ratchet? I searched the patent site for filings by Don/Donald/D Bowers and, although several came up, I didn't find anything that looked like a Jet ratchet. I think that if Don has a patent on this device, Duane would be paying him a royality for each one sold. Sounds like a win-win to me.
Remember, don't take everything said on the Internet as gospel. I could be incorrect also.