PDA

View Full Version : Thars a new sheriff in town

Not So Fast
12-06-2006, 08:01 AM
Well, a new sheriffs boat. Nice job Conquest. NSFhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2431misc_boats_008.jpg

BajaMike
12-06-2006, 08:03 AM
Well, a new sheriffs boat. Nice job Conquest. NSFhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2431misc_boats_008.jpg
Nice, it even has a roll bar....I mean wake board tower :idea:
:rollside:

Tom Brown
12-06-2006, 08:03 AM
They could use a couple more light bars on that tower. :idea:

BajaMike
12-06-2006, 08:06 AM
What brand of boat is that.....oops, never mind, I see "Conquest" on the side.

HavasuSelect
12-06-2006, 08:08 AM
I'm just curious, what does it have for power?

catman-do
12-06-2006, 08:10 AM
We were talking to those guys on Saturday. I would like see how the conversations were going on the build of the boat. Need for supercharger to catch bad guys. Need for wakeboard tower for lights (yeah right). Need for bangin system for the bad guys to hear their command. Need for extra beer cooler (i mean ice chest) to put suspects face in for torture when trying to get information out of them.

boatsnblondes
12-06-2006, 08:10 AM
All you ballers are focked!!!!! No more outrunnin' the cops..... :crossx:

Havasu_Dreamin
12-06-2006, 08:11 AM
Lets hope SBSD has better luck with theirs than the Buckskin FD did with theirs.

Hardly Satisfied
12-06-2006, 08:14 AM
What, Were's Keith at. This post should be coming from him, Mr Conquest himself. Just my .02

Jbb
12-06-2006, 08:16 AM
And some new deputies .....to man that thing!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860DuelingBanjos-0001428.jpg

prosthogod
12-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Revenue on tickets and arrests pays--Thats got to be a 100k boat. I wonder what the stereo is like.

NOTALENT
12-06-2006, 08:36 AM
Curious about power as well.....They should be able to keep up with alot more people now.....but shit...they will enjoy the ride to the drunk tank now!!! :crossx: No need to rent a boat I guess... :p

Havasu_Dreamin
12-06-2006, 08:38 AM
Revenue on tickets and arrests pays--Thats got to be a 100k boat. I wonder what the stereo is like.
I don't live in San Bernardino County but I would hope that SBSD received it at a deeply discounted price.....Much better than the old Advantage they had and most likely more power.

havaduner
12-06-2006, 08:42 AM
I don't live in San Bernardino County but I would hope that SBSD received it at a deeply discounted price.....Much better than the old Advantage they had and most likely more power.
Why should they receive a discount?

Havasu_Dreamin
12-06-2006, 08:43 AM
I think it would be a nice gesture on the part of Conquest in the interesst of giving back to their community. Especially if they did not jack the price up the way most government contractors do.

Not So Fast
12-06-2006, 08:52 AM
I'm just curious, what does it have for power?
496 HO I believe, not enough to catch the fast boats but better than that old Advantage was. Besides radios cover a lot of ground,er, water really fast and I dont think they would ever get into a pursuit anyway. NSF

Riomouse911
12-06-2006, 09:03 AM
Pretty darn hard to hide on the open lake.. and not even a Skater with Sterling 1150's can outrun Motorola...
and I hope the SBSD did get it at a lower than retail price, because we, the taxpayers, paid for it. Reduced price = Win-Win for all involved... Conquest gets their name out there on a boat everyone looks at and possibly drums up extra business... and the citizens don't get fleeced.

NOTALENT
12-06-2006, 09:10 AM
I wonder if the city shopped around, or Conquest stepped up...They could have ended up with some koolaid... :p

ChumpChange
12-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Don't think of it as a discount, think of it as a tax deduction for Group1. Give a $100,000 boat to the county for $60,000. There's a $40,000 deduction for them.

Moneypitt
12-06-2006, 09:41 AM
496 HO I believe, not enough to catch the fast boats but better than that old Advantage was. Besides radios cover a lot of ground,er, water really fast and I dont think they would ever get into a pursuit anyway. NSF
I disagree about the pursuit part. You can bet your last dollar if you run they will chase you. LE lives for that chance and the "heat of the chase", the stories they get to tell, and the odds that if someone is running they must have something serious to hide.........Same on land and sea......Ask the Coast Guard about drug interdiction. The chase is most of the fun......Now LE has a new toy, you know they're gonna use it!..............MP

riverbound
12-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Why did they put the roll bar/tower on Backwards??

Kilrtoy
12-06-2006, 10:14 AM
SWEET more room to place all the dirt bag gang bangers on

Hardly Satisfied
12-06-2006, 10:15 AM
SWEET more room to place all the dirt bag gang bangers on
Well said KILR

pixilatedpussy
12-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Wow! Beautiful boat !!! :rollside: More room for retards! :mad:

sigepmock
12-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Why did they put the roll bar/tower on Backwards??
They were going for that Miami Vice radar tower look. :crossx:

riverbound
12-06-2006, 10:41 AM
I cant wait for those to make a comeback. :rollside:

Cole Trickle
12-06-2006, 10:58 AM
There has been a Conquest search and rescue boat on Parker for quite some time.
Rumor has it that the fire/rescue team saved a young kids life and the father was so gratefull that he bought them a boat.
I am sure boatcop will know the whole story. :)

JB in so cal
12-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Rumor has it that the fire/rescue team saved a young kids life and the father was so gratefull that he bought them a boat.
I'll put my money on a drug/crime seizure.

RitcheyRch
12-06-2006, 11:05 AM
That thing can haul a lot of delinquents, boob flashers, drunks, etc.

Kilrtoy
12-06-2006, 11:09 AM
I would have to say SBSO deals with the shit bags unlike others out there

riverbound
12-06-2006, 11:09 AM
and people that are just having a good time in the channel.

Jbb
12-06-2006, 11:10 AM
That boat was purchased......to apprehend......Public Enemy #1....
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/181rd_21.jpg

Boatcop
12-06-2006, 11:23 AM
I just love rumors. :cool:
The Buckskin Fire Dept Conquest was bought through a State Grant. The same Grant Fund that we buy our boats from.
While it's flashy and fast, they've gone through a couple of engines and several outdrives in the past few years. Enough so, that they got another grant this year just for a spare engine and drive to reduce down-time, which has been way un-proportional to the hours on the rig.
While I could go out and buy flashy boats for us as well, I prefer substance over style. Hence, we'll be sporting 2 new 21' Boston Whalers w/ 250 Merc Verados this upcoming season. I'll be ordering them in a few weeks. Speed isn't as big of an issue on relatively restricted inland waters as it is off-shore.
I ran "flashy" Coast Guard boats in the '70s (the old Spectras) and found that they absolutely did not function well as a LE platform. You need a boat built for the mission, rather than for looks.
I'm pretty sure that SBCSO obtained their Conquest on a California State Grant, also.

Cole Trickle
12-06-2006, 11:30 AM
The Buckskin Fire Dept Conquest was bought through a State Grant. The same Grant Fund that we buy our boats from.
While it's flashy and fast, they've gone through a couple of engines and several outdrives in the past few years. Enough so, that they got another grant this year just for a spare engine and drive to reduce down-time, which has been way un-proportional to the hours on the rig.
While I could go out and buy flashy boats for us as well, I prefer substance over style. Hence, we'll be sporting 2 new 21' Boston Whalers w/ 250 Merc Verados this upcoming season. I'll be ordering them in a few weeks. Speed isn't as big of an issue on relatively restricted inland waters as it is off-shore.
I ran "flashy" Coast Guard boats in the '70s (the old Spectras) and found that they absolutely did not function well as a LE platform. You need a boat built for the mission, rather than for looks.
I'm pretty sure that SBCSO obtained their Conquest on a California State Grant, also.
Gotta love rumors!!:D
Now I can combat the drunk talk back around teh campfire with facts!!
Is it true that Riverbound is gay?;) :crossx:

RitcheyRch
12-06-2006, 11:32 AM
I cant imagine the people they have to deal with.
I would have to say SBSO deals with the shit bags unlike others out there
Can only hope they going after the scum bags and not people actually having fun.
and people that are just having a good time in the channel.

dumbandyoung
12-06-2006, 11:33 AM
cool . now they can wakeboard on there lunch break with that tower.. who made that?
13th floor?haha

dumbandyoung
12-06-2006, 11:34 AM
any idea of what power they have

Boatcop
12-06-2006, 11:36 AM
I cant imagine the people they have to deal with.
Sure you can. Just click here. (http://www.***boat.com/forums/memberlist.php?)
:D

RitcheyRch
12-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Thats a lot of scum right there.

Kilrtoy
12-06-2006, 11:47 AM
ROTFLMAO

Nord
12-06-2006, 12:16 PM
So should they send the drivers through some sort of boat driving class so they don't ruin them?????
:) ;)
~NORD~

riverbound
12-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Gotta love rumors!!:D
Now I can combat the drunk talk back around teh campfire with facts!!
Is it true that Riverbound is gay?;) :crossx:
That is about as true as the Rumor Boatcop just put to rest.

riverbound
12-06-2006, 12:26 PM
So should they send the drivers through some sort of boat driving class so they don't ruin them?????
:) ;)
~NORD~
LOL.

Deano
12-06-2006, 12:27 PM
I would think/hope the FD and PD boats were put out on a bid type contract to build. That way, all the qualifying builders would have a chance to supply the boat. I would have a bad taste in my mouth if I owned any of the deckboat manufacturing companies in Havasu other than conquest.

Havasu1986
12-06-2006, 12:34 PM
I would think/hope the FD and PD boats were put out on a bid type contract to build. That way, all the qualifying builders would have a chance to supply the boat. I would have a bad taste in my mouth if I owned any of the deckboat manufacturing companies in Havasu other than conquest.
Doesn't Advantage have a SBCSD Boat?

Boatcop
12-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Government purchasing requires that anything over a certain dollar anount (for us it's $5,000) go out for sealed bid. Between $2,000-$5,000 has to have at least 3 quotes.
Unless, as in the case of Boston Whaler, they have a Government contract. Boat builders, and thousands of other providers, have to bid for the contract, so the process has already been covered.
However, a skilled spec-writer can put out specifications that can limit the number of qualifying bidders to ensure that the product is what's desired, rather than based soley on bid price.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Doesn't Advantage have a SBCSD Boat?
No, SBCSD has an Advantage boat. :p It's a 22 I believe.

Makinitdrip
12-06-2006, 01:57 PM
yes it is. I believe the Conquest has a 503

THATJEFFGUY
12-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Nice, it even has a roll bar....I mean wake board tower :idea:
I saw that parked at HQ a couple weeks ago, before the lights were put on. Too bad I didn't have my camera handy for some close-ups
:frown:

THATJEFFGUY
12-06-2006, 03:46 PM
It's hard to outrun Motorola...and pretty tough to outrun the new A-Stars at 172mph too !
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2493SBSO_ASTAR.jpg

RiverDave
12-06-2006, 04:16 PM
That's good for San Bernadino County! I always wished that parker would have some nicer rides, but honestly for govt work it is pretty hard to beat a whaler.. Nice to know they'll float no matter what.
My last encounter with San Bernadino was pretty interesting.. LOL I told my guys to get the bouies out, and they told me to shut up and told my guys to sit down. I responded with "Put the bouies out" Maybe they'll be more apt to want to care more about other peoples equipment now that they have something nice of their own?
RD

voodoomedman
12-06-2006, 04:29 PM
That's good for San Bernadino County! I always wished that parker would have some nicer rides, but honestly for govt work it is pretty hard to beat a whaler.. Nice to know they'll float no matter what.
My last encounter with San Bernadino was pretty interesting.. LOL I told my guys to get the bouies out, and they told me to shut up and told my guys to sit down. I responded with "Put the bouies out" Maybe they'll be more apt to want to care more about other peoples equipment now that they have something nice of their own?
RD
Umm yeah kindly remind them that their department will somehow be responsible for the damage to your boat if you are not allowed to put your fenders out.
And that's right I said fenders. Bouy's (which is the correct spelling by the way) are the markers and such that are floating out in the water.
Look at me finally getting one up on RD. :D

Jbb
12-06-2006, 04:32 PM
RD
Is it they're normal demeanor to be that rude to the public?

Makinitdrip
12-06-2006, 04:42 PM
no. they are usually pretty laid back. unless you were doing something very stupid

bwillieb
12-06-2006, 04:53 PM
...............The light bar reminds me of last summer at Lake Arcadia, near Ok. City..........(me an her)was a standin on the shore pondering how the area was going to take to our, probably not too legal, runner and flat ............... well along came a well lit boat... way to hot,... into the cove;.........we agreed that they'd be lucky if the Sheriff missed that deal.........they were headed toward a boat house on the opposite shore...........for what ever reason they opted not to lift till the last second...........As we soon discovered........ it was the Sheriff.........this particular night they miscalculated......and with the bow in the air they removed every light on the light bar ............. in a split second the overhead door...... that had just removed the lights, was pulled down............we were there at least another hour and never saw anyone come out of the boathouse...............my guess is they stayed after work practicing their creative... report writing ...........I wonder if it went like this.............I Dunno?.........was like this when I came to work?...........................true story....

propellator
12-06-2006, 05:14 PM
does it have mufflers?

CRACKWHORE
12-06-2006, 05:53 PM
I hope they got it the way they ordered it. I DIDN't :mad: I'll bet they get alot better customer service than I ever did ( you know what I mean Keith [WINDSHIELDS]). :umm: Next time I'm going to Eliminator or DCB.................Does anyone want to buy a new deck boat?

Desert Rat
12-06-2006, 06:03 PM
The should have had Kachina do up the graphics for them.... All flying pigs and such :crossx: Now don't any LE get their panties in a bunch over the comment it was a FU(KIN JOKE

JB in so cal
12-06-2006, 06:26 PM
I hope they got it the way they ordered it. I DIDN't :mad: I'll bet they get alot better customer service than I ever did ( you know what I mean Keith [WINDSHIELDS]). :umm: Next time I'm going to Eliminator or DCB.................Does anyone want to buy a new deck boat?
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

Beer-30
12-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....
Yeah.
There's always that pink elephant that arises.
I don't think I have ever heard one person talk bad about Conquest, either here or in person.
There's always that "special" one.

voodoomedman
12-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Ummmmm. If you have a legitimate beef with Conquest or Keith and have tried to work it out with them and haven't gotten any resolution then we would be happy to hear about it. That is if it's in a civilized manner stating what happened and why your upset. Coming in without anyone knowing you and just start doing body slams on top of them doesn't exactly give you much credibility.

GABACHOS_LBC
12-06-2006, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=Beer-30]Yeah.
I don't think I have ever heard one person talk bad about Conquest, either here or in person.
I would have to 2nd this comment for sure. Nothing but stand up peeps around Conquest. Just my .02

Ultracrazy
12-06-2006, 08:57 PM
The boat was donated.........

98 Vector 21
12-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Havasu Vice I like it!

havasu5150
12-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Saw the boat as it was being built....my understanding as well is that it was donated.
I'm sure they'll be as pleased with theirs as I am with mine

CRACKWHORE
12-06-2006, 09:28 PM
I am not trying to slam the boat or Keith Sayer. It is a great boat. It rides, handles, and looks great. Keith is a really nice guy and was always pleasurable to deal with. There were a couple of things on the boat that did not get done the way I wanted and it just seemed like it was a big deel to get these problems fixed. I made a comment about the windsheilds because that problem still has not been fixed and I know Kieth is on hot boat all the time and would see this and probably laugh. ( I said NO windshields Kieth). I know S**t happens especially when you custom make something but I just figured if I am shelling out 100+ G's it would have been alot easier to get things fixed. I ordered the boat with no windshields and when I went to pick it up the windshields were on it. I asked them why they were put on there and response was "we don't think it will look good with out them". If I wanted windshields I would have bought a bayliner. Now if I take them off I am left with a bunch of holes in the boat. I asked if they were going to pay to fix them they said NO. Maybe I am being a big baby :cry: but again for that kind of money you think they would make it right.
Kieth I am sure you will read this, I don't blame you at all. I am sure you would understand my frustration with the windshield issue. You are a super nice guy and if I offended you I am sorry.

goin' for broke
12-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Hmmmm.....nice but it lacks a cage for the "screen test".
Light bar, wakeboard tower, nope.....with a good rope you could "stretch a fella out".
The old SBSO Advantage 21' sits at the county yard waiting for its deployment to Big Bear Lake.

Keith E. Sayre
12-07-2006, 01:40 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1106sbsd_andtruck.JPG
Yes the new boat for the SBSD is a donation. They got us
the radios and the lights and they also helped make them
work! We donated the boat and the 496HO package and
the trailer. Already knew alot of the deputies but they
came from all over to see this. Nothing but a pleasant
experience dealing with all of them.
Over the years they put ten gazillion hours on those 21SR
Advantage open bows. Hats off to Advantage for providing
those boats. They were certainly rode hard for alot of years.
Someone asked about the "reverse radar arch" position of
the wakeboard-light bar. This location puts the lights and the siren right on top of the drivers helm and seat. This
position will provide a minimum amount of bright reflections and ear piercing noise from the lights and siren
when they're in use. The "normal" position would have put
it back further and would have made the siren incredibly
loud and the lights blinding at night.
Beautiful boat. I hope they like it. We did one for the
BLM 2 years ago. I'll attach a couple photos.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Attn: Tim Potter: With regards to your windshields. Your boat has 2 registers cut into it right from the mold to hold the bottom of the windshields in place. We have never
sold a Top Cat II without the windsheilds and we never will. We would be forced to fill in that area with a filler and
then refinish it in gelcoat. It wouldn't look right and it
wouldn't feel right, therefore we don't do it. I did promise to cut them down for you if you thought that you needed it.
About a month after you bought your boat, we did cut them down for you at "no charge." Now you want to cut
them down again. It is our our opinion that they would not be safe if they were cut down again. They would also
look odd if they were any shorter. You're the first customer
that I've heard that didn't love our windshields. If you
would like to discuss this matter further, you know my number, I'm willing to listen. Say hello to your wife and
your kids pleasehttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1106DSCF3530.JPG .

Keith E. Sayre
12-07-2006, 01:47 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1106blm.JPG
Here's the BLM boat that we did last year.
Keith Sayre

phebus
12-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Keith Sayre= Straight shooter. :) More people in the boating industry should be like him.

Beer-30
12-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Keith Sayre= Straight shooter. :) More people in the boating industry should be like him.
Agreed. But, so far, I only know of one.

Froggystyle
12-07-2006, 03:41 PM
I am not trying to slam the boat or Keith Sayer. It is a great boat. It rides, handles, and looks great. Keith is a really nice guy and was always pleasurable to deal with. There were a couple of things on the boat that did not get done the way I wanted and it just seemed like it was a big deel to get these problems fixed. I made a comment about the windsheilds because that problem still has not been fixed and I know Kieth is on hot boat all the time and would see this and probably laugh. ( I said NO windshields Kieth). I know S**t happens especially when you custom make something but I just figured if I am shelling out 100+ G's it would have been alot easier to get things fixed. I ordered the boat with no windshields and when I went to pick it up the windshields were on it. I asked them why they were put on there and response was "we don't think it will look good with out them". If I wanted windshields I would have bought a bayliner. Now if I take them off I am left with a bunch of holes in the boat. I asked if they were going to pay to fix them they said NO. Maybe I am being a big baby :cry: but again for that kind of money you think they would make it right.
Kieth I am sure you will read this, I don't blame you at all. I am sure you would understand my frustration with the windshield issue. You are a super nice guy and if I offended you I am sorry.
Um... "Crackwhore"...
If they suck that badly just put some polished button head allens in the place of the holes... or, gelcoat some of the same bolts white and forget they are there at all.
Not to stir the pot here, but that seems like a bad reason to try to sell your boat, even jokingly. You have already said you love the boat, it handles and looks great etc... I am not making excuses for Conquest... you should get what you want, but it sounds a little trivial to complain so vocally about.
I don't know you, but I imagine that if Keith had offered to do the no-windshield option but had to charge you the $5K+ it would cost him to build a filler plug for the mold, clay it all in before shooting your boat, do a bunch of gel repair afterwards to make it look right and then deliver it without one of the feature lines... all the while tying up a busy mold and holding up production you probably would have just gone with a shorty windshield vs. the extra cash.
One last option... Keith, could you gelcoat the windshields to match the boat? I do that with a couple of our parts and it looks pretty good and will stick to the lexan very well. Just a thought...

BajaMike
12-07-2006, 11:41 PM
While I could go out and buy flashy boats for us as well, I prefer substance over style. Hence, we'll be sporting 2 new 21' Boston Whalers w/ 250 Merc Verados this upcoming season. I'll be ordering them in a few weeks.
I agree with that....forget the flash.....hard to beat an unsinkable Boston Whaler with Merc Verados.
Sounds like someones doing some good buying in that department !!
:idea:

Moneypitt
12-07-2006, 11:55 PM
What a sorry ass post about sucking the LEs ass...............get a real life and a real business..............MP

Ultracrazy
12-08-2006, 04:03 AM
What a sorry ass post about sucking the LEs ass...............get a real life and a real business..............MP
Speaking of sucking.............why don't you go suck your own ass.