PDA

View Full Version : Can your Wimpy Rhino do THIS?

Wet Dream
12-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Not a chance in hell (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860hillclimb.wmv) :D

ZBODaytona
12-06-2006, 01:08 PM
ahh power....
those guys race over water then up the side of hills....it is cool....

Kiddunot
12-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Yah you overrated Rhinos...give it a shot

Parker Dreamin
12-06-2006, 01:13 PM
that is amazing

Cole Trickle
12-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Those stock Rubicons sure do sound different on video!!! :idea: :crossx: :crossx:
I am selling my Rhino and heading for the dealership....:D

Jyruiz
12-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Wow.

76ANTHONY
12-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Those stock Rubicons sure do sound different on video!!! :idea: :crossx: :crossx:
hey, take that djunkie dude with you :crossx: :crossx:

ULTRA26 # 1
12-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Not a chance in hell (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860hillclimb.wmv) :D
Great video. Nothing like raw power
John M

jackpunx
12-06-2006, 01:41 PM
how the heck did that guy look at that hill and decide he could make it in the first place..
amazing..

OutCole'd
12-06-2006, 01:44 PM
I could make it down that hill, but not up it. Friggen insane.

TRUMP TIGHT
12-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Thought he was in trouble there for a sec. guys all you need is more HP to get yourself in and out of as much trouble as possible.

sigepmock
12-06-2006, 01:57 PM
We're currently working on getting the 525 from the boat into the Rhino.....had to ditch the passenger seat and move the gas tank....but we're close man...I mean really close!!! :crossx:

fat rat
12-06-2006, 02:00 PM
I wonder how he got down. :220v:

djunkie
12-06-2006, 02:06 PM
How much $ is in that thing. Plus I really didn't buy the Rhino to do that. I'll find another way up the hill with it. Your reaching. :rolleyes:

Ziggy
12-06-2006, 02:08 PM
How much $ is in that thing. Plus I really didn't buy the Rhino to do that. I'll find another way up the hill with it. Your reaching. :rolleyes:
Hey now, he just asked if the Rhino can do that, not if you find a different way around...LOL ;)
:D :D

h2oski2fast
12-06-2006, 02:09 PM
i'm more curious how many teeth the driver has ???? :skull: :cool:
Way to gay up the thread, Keyes

Wet Dream
12-06-2006, 02:12 PM
Does it matter? If he has twice as much into it as a Rhino, its still worth it. :D

djunkie
12-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Does it matter? If he has twice as much into it as a Rhino, its still worth it. :D
Looks like a waste of money to me. A vehicle built to just climb hills. How boring.

Wet Dream
12-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Looks like a waste of money to me. A vehicle built to just climb hills. How boring.
Are you really that ignorant? Please tell me you're not, because I'm not seeing it any other way. Yes, its trailered in the "nose up" position. Its then placed at the base of the hill "nose up" because it can't go anywhere other than up. That 4 wheel drive system, healthy motor, tires and steering won't allow it to go anywhere else, will it? :rolleyes: Now who's reaching?

djunkie
12-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Are you really that ignorant? Please tell me you're not, because I'm not seeing it any other way. Yes, its trailered in the "nose up" position. Its then placed at the base of the hill "nose up" because it can't go anywhere other than up. That 4 wheel drive system, healthy motor, tires and steering won't allow it to go anywhere else, will it? :rolleyes: Now who's reaching?
I think you should look in there mirror when your calling people ignorant. You think the hill climbing thing (whatever the hell that is) is cool. Thats fine, So do I. But you fail to see that some of us enjoy what the RHino does. Ignorance is bliss.

Todd969
12-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Just curious, but why would you compare that to a Rhino? Most people aren't into them for that type of purpose. Hell, I wouldn't even use my Rubicon like that. Nice video though :)

djunkie
12-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Just curious, but why would you compare that to a Rhino? Most people aren't into them for that type of purpose. Hell, I wouldn't even use my Rubicon like that. Nice video though :)
Because I think hes the one thats a little ignorant. :crossx: :crossx:

out of bounds
12-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Balls big fricken balls And a liitle thing called ponys Getty upppp

Wet Dream
12-06-2006, 02:43 PM
I think you should look in there mirror when your calling people ignorant. You think the hill climbing thing (whatever the hell that is) is cool. Thats fine, So do I. But you fail to see that some of us enjoy what the RHino does. Ignorance is bliss.
Ignorance at its finest! Keep em coming junk. When did I EVER state that I don't like the Rhinos? Yeah, keep looking. Sounds like you're getting defensive of your $16,000 shortcoming. Let me know when you're ready to sell it. :D

djunkie
12-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Ignorance at its finest! Keep em coming junk. When did I EVER state that I don't like the Rhinos? Yeah, keep looking. Sounds like you're getting defensive of your $16,000 shortcoming. Let me know when you're ready to sell it. :D
Can you honestly say you have not talked shit about them? Being a waste of maoney and such? You gonna make me go back through some past threads? Naww. Waste of time. And trust me, far from $16k. And I'm not hurting for money so I think I will keep it and enjoy it.

Wet Dream
12-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Can you honestly say you have not talked shit about them? Being a waste of maoney and such? You gonna make me go back through some past threads? Naww. Waste of time. And trust me, far from $16k. And I'm not hurting for money so I think I will keep it and enjoy it.
Still wrong, and right. I like the Rhino, the base price is fine. $16,000 is crazy, and all I'm doing is waiting out the market and seeing the reaction when the next models come out and see what kind of return you get on it. :D

djunkie
12-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Still wrong, and right. I like the Rhino, the base price is fine. $16,000 is crazy, and all I'm doing is waiting out the market and seeing the reaction when the next models come out and see what kind of return you get on it. :D
Well I hope you like waiting a couple years. Right now I bet I could make money off mine. But it is just an overpriced toy. And in a couple years when the next fun toy comes out maybe I'll sell this and get it.

Wet Dream
12-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Well I hope you like waiting a couple years. Right now I bet I could make money off mine. But it is just an overpriced toy. And in a couple years when the next fun toy comes out maybe I'll sell this and get it.
And I'll be picking one up just like it, clean, all the mods, hardly used, owner didn't have time, and hand him about $8,500 cash. :D Maybe a little more, but not much. Before you can refute that, you might want to check the market for the prices of a modded up 4 wheeler and tell me where they sell compared to new. I'll give you a hint:
(60%) :D

djunkie
12-06-2006, 03:01 PM
And I'll be picking one up just like it, clean, all the mods, hardly used, owner didn't have time, and hand him about $8,500 cash. :D Maybe a little more, but not much. Before you can refute that, you might want to check the market for the prices of a modded up 4 wheeler and tell me where they sell compared to new. I'll give you a hint:
(60%) :D
4 Wheelers are a dime a dozen. They're everywhere. These aren't. The market is hot on them (and will be for a while) unlike the overpopulated 4 wheeler. They are 2 things that are totally uncomparable IMO.

Wet Dream
12-06-2006, 03:06 PM
4 Wheelers are a dime a dozen. They're everywhere. These aren't. The market is hot on them (and will be for a while) unlike the overpopulated 4 wheeler. They are 2 things that are totally uncomparable IMO.
We'll see about that. Good luck.

djunkie
12-06-2006, 03:14 PM
We'll see about that. Good luck.
Yes we will. I'm just glad I got mine and am enjoying it.

echo
12-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Like a generation gap, this seems like a west coast east coast thing.

djunkie
12-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Like a generation gap, this seems like a west coast east coast thing.
I think its more than that but I'd rather not say. I've wasted too much air on this today as it is.

FlatStupid
12-06-2006, 03:24 PM
You guys are serious? I am assuming that you also own boats! Yea, really big retun on all this motorized shiaat! This thread is useless without pics!!

djunkie
12-06-2006, 03:25 PM
You guys are serious? I am assuming that you also own boats! Yea, really big retun on all this motorized shiaat! This thread is useless without pics!!
What makes you think I would own a boat? :crossx:

lucky
12-06-2006, 03:26 PM
big stick Montana - is that your location -- Hey ya buddy :)

Quality Time
12-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Saw a video clip sent via e-mail of the same hill, but this person didn't make it. Based on the background conversations this hill may be in Europe.

Wet Dream
12-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Thats exactly my point. How much do you have in the boat, junk? Could you ever sell it for what you have in there? Only property, for the most part, has been able to appreciate in value. Machinery or electronics? Never. Unless its rare, or specialized, not gonna happen. Its the trend, and thats how depreciation works. Someone will school you on it...when you sell it. ;)

djunkie
12-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Thats exactly my point. How much do you have in the boat, junk? Could you ever sell it for what you have in there? Only property, for the most part, has been able to appreciate in value. Machinery or electronics? Never. Unless its rare, or specialized, not gonna happen. Its the trend, and thats how depreciation works. Someone will school you on it...when you sell it. ;)
Let me explain this to you. Sure maybe 2 years from now you could pick up a used Rhino for say $7k in decent shape. But you still have to wait 2 years. I wanted one now. I had the money to get a new one now, so I did. If I use it for 2 years and sell it for $7-8k I think I did pretty well. What is it exactly that is a problem to you? I'm trying to understand your thinking on all of this.

djunkie
12-06-2006, 03:33 PM
And I hate to tell you but If I sold my boat right now I could make money off of it. I've had multiple offers within the last year for well over what I paid for it 6 years ago.

FlatStupid
12-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Thats exactly my point. How much do you have in the boat, junk? Could you ever sell it for what you have in there? Only property, for the most part, has been able to appreciate in value. Machinery or electronics? Never. Unless its rare, or specialized, not gonna happen. Its the trend, and thats how depreciation works. Someone will school you on it...when you sell it. ;)Dear Mr Dream I have a life time of schoolin'. As for you Mr. Lucky stand back you could get hurt in the crossfire of these two wizards.

Wet Dream
12-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Let me explain this to you. Sure maybe 2 years from now you could pick up a used Rhino for say $7k in decent shape. But you still have to wait 2 years. I wanted one now. I had the money to get a new one now, so I did. If I use it for 2 years and sell it for $7-8k I think I did pretty well. What is it exactly that is a problem to you? I'm trying to understand your thinking on all of this.
Thats perfectly fine. I just bought my wife a 4 wheeler last week, and bought the kids their own over the weekend, and still wating for the right one for me. All for a fraction of the price.

ratso
12-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Funny... Nobody EVER makes money selling motorized stuff lmao... Let's see, I owned a KTM dealership... made money. I sell cars and boats, a few bikes and 4 wheelers, and still make money... Damn, I must be a broke ass MOFO!!! :rolleyes:

Wet Dream
12-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Dear Mr Dream I have a life time of schoolin'. As for you Mr. Lucky stand back you could get hurt in the crossfire of these two wizards.
I'm no wizard by any means. Junk on the other hand is getting butt hurt because I keep pointing out that the Rhino is not the best thing since sliced bread AT THAT PRICE, and is most likely going to get bit when the time to sell comes.

djunkie
12-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Dear Mr Dream I have a life time of schoolin'. As for you Mr. Lucky stand back you could get hurt in the crossfire of these two wizards.
Ya it is pretty stupid isn't it? Maybe I'll go join in a more intellectual thread like that Sunk the boat B.S. :crossx: :crossx:

djunkie
12-06-2006, 03:41 PM
I'm no wizard by any means. Junk on the other hand is getting butt hurt because I keep pointing out that the Rhino is not the best thing since sliced bread AT THAT PRICE, and is most likely going to get bit when the time to sell comes.
Too each his own.

Wet Dream
12-06-2006, 03:42 PM
Funny... Nobody EVER makes money selling motorized stuff lmao... Let's see, I owned a KTM dealership... made money. I sell cars and boats, a few bikes and 4 wheelers, and still make money... Damn, I must be a broke ass MOFO!!! :rolleyes:
Not what I said. Go back and reread it. Buy cheap, sell for a profit is the game in your "expertise". What I said is that machinery does NOT USUALLY APPRECIATE IN VALUE. Do you see it now?

djunkie
12-06-2006, 03:43 PM
wow, i step away for a minute and this thread did turn "gay" :rolleyes: ;) you can't fight over a rhino and a hill climbing machine "apples vs oranges" :argue:
Unless your name is Wet Dream I guess. :rolleyes: :crossx:

djunkie
12-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Not what I said. Go back and reread it. Buy cheap, sell for a profit is the game in your "expertise". What I said is that machinery does NOT USUALLY APPRECIATE IN VALUE. Do you see it now?
Not usually? So you say theres a chance? :crossx: :crossx:

Wet Dream
12-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Unless your name is Wet Dream I guess. :rolleyes: :crossx:
I'm walking away from this one smiling. :) Quit fuming junk.

riverbound
12-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Thats perfectly fine. I just bought my wife a 4 wheeler last week, and bought the kids their own over the weekend, and still wating for the right one for me. All for a fraction of the price.
Congratulations...you want a F*cking cookie or what??
They are toys not investments. What all are you trying to prove?? Obviously you are not in the financial position to afford a Rhino and build one the way you want, so you are stuck waiitng for someone to get tired of theirs and be ready to sell it for pennies on the dollar.
Funny thing is, when I sold my first Rhino, people were saying the same thing you are...and now that I am looking for antoher they are actualy more expensive now then they were then. Looks ike you will be waiting for a while.

Wet Dream
12-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Not usually? So you say theres a chance? :crossx: :crossx:
Not unless they become as rare as a prime Fastback Mustang, '55 Vette, you get the idea?

djunkie
12-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Not unless they become as rare as a prime Fastback Mustang, '55 Vette, you get the idea?
So now your comparing a boat to a classic car? :rolleyes: I may not make the same amount but I am definately ahead. Lucky for me, I don't buy my toys to make money off them. It just has worked out that way. :rollside:

riverbound
12-06-2006, 03:55 PM
funny thing is...in the day these cars werent that rare. They became rare over time. Im pretty sure in 40-50 years a Prime Rhino will fetch a pretty penny ;)

Wet Dream
12-06-2006, 03:56 PM
They are toys not investments. What all are you trying to prove?? Obviously you are not in the financial position to afford a Rhino and build one the way you want, so you are stuck waiitng for someone to get tired of theirs and be ready to sell it for pennies on the dollar.
Funny thing is, when I sold my first Rhino, people were saying the same thing you are...and now that I am looking for antoher they are actualy more expensive now then they were then. Looks ike you will be waiting for a while.
Yes, actually. Oatmeal raisin would be great. Soft though. ;)
And you're way off on the financial situation.

djunkie
12-06-2006, 03:57 PM
You can be such an asshole at times RB. :crossx: :crossx:

riverbound
12-06-2006, 03:59 PM
You can be such an asshole at times RB. :crossx: :crossx:
Just a Broke Wigga here ;)

squirt'nmyload
12-06-2006, 04:01 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/2550popcorn.jpg

Jbb
12-06-2006, 04:15 PM
All the infighting notwithstanding.......thats a pretty cool video....

Froggystyle
12-06-2006, 04:22 PM
I am still figuring out what angle that guy was actually on. If you look at the rooster tails from the sand, they aren't falling down like you would expect. That angle makes it look near vertical, but I think it is taken from another hill, above this one with a telephoto lens which killed the depth of field and the reference angles.
I think it was steep and bad ass, but the video makes it look like it defied gravity and climbed a wall. You can't drive sideways on a wall in any case. I bet the Rhino could do it actually.
In any case, I have a whole pile of cool toys including my paintball gun, my boats, my Chevy 2500HD, the Bmw etc... that couldn't do it either. I don't think that makes them wimpy though.
As long as it can out-climb anything you own... you should keep your mouth shut about how wimpy they are. Mine WAY out peforms my 427 Chevy Scout with the rockcrusher 4 speed and Atlas transfer case. Nuts in its face in fact.

Froggystyle
12-06-2006, 04:24 PM
funny thing is...in the day these cars werent that rare. They became rare over time. Im pretty sure in 40-50 years a Prime Rhino will fetch a pretty penny ;)
Honda Pilot's are selling for WAY more than new right now...

OCMerrill
12-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Honda Pilot's are selling for WAY more than new right now...
I looked for one (a nice one) for over 6 months. Came accross only one cherry machine and 3 other JUNKERS. The guy (orig owner) wanted $8k and it was like new.
I walked away and gave up. Now I'm thinkin :idea:
Good freind has had one sense new. Every time we go out someone is riding that thing. Never quits. He has a Cr500 cylinder on it. Goes good, real good.
Oh sorry, I know this thread is about Rhino's.

76ANTHONY
12-06-2006, 06:16 PM
And I hate to tell you but If I sold my boat right now I could make money off of it. I've had multiple offers within the last year for well over what I paid for it 6 years ago.
fock yeah, i'll buy your tugboat right now, or steal that biatch and your rhino and your guns and your truck beotchhhhhh :crossx:

Eliminator 4 Life
12-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Im with you lets go Cole work a double deal :cool:

INSman
12-07-2006, 01:37 AM
I am still figuring out what angle that guy was actually on. If you look at the rooster tails from the sand, they aren't falling down like you would expect. That angle makes it look near vertical, but I think it is taken from another hill, above this one with a telephoto lens which killed the depth of field and the reference angles.
I think it was steep and bad ass, but the video makes it look like it defied gravity and climbed a wall. You can't drive sideways on a wall in any case. I bet the Rhino could do it actually.
In any case, I have a whole pile of cool toys including my paintball gun, my boats, my Chevy 2500HD, the Bmw etc... that couldn't do it either. I don't think that makes them wimpy though.
As long as it can out-climb anything you own... you should keep your mouth shut about how wimpy they are. Mine WAY out peforms my 427 Chevy Scout with the rockcrusher 4 speed and Atlas transfer case. Nuts in its face in fact.
Well said :cool:

Ultracrazy
12-07-2006, 03:04 AM
Your kidding me right.......? I don't have a rhino or anything close to that and have no stake in this stupid thread........but a Rhino would NOT make up that hill.

djunkie
12-07-2006, 03:11 AM
Your kidding me right.......? I don't have a rhino or anything close to that and have no stake in this stupid thread........but a Rhino would NOT make up that hill.
In all reality it probably wouldn't. But you would definately be shocked at what it will climb. It may not do it in as much style as that beast in the video but it just goes.

RiverRatMike
12-07-2006, 05:03 AM
yeah, get your damn story right. Rhinos rule!

Ultracrazy
12-07-2006, 05:08 AM
In all reality it probably wouldn't. But you would definately be shocked at what it will climb. It may not do it in as much style as that beast in the video but it just goes.
The Rhinos I've seen in town can barely make it up Jamaica.........

Froggystyle
12-07-2006, 08:32 AM
Point to the hill on a map and I will tell you if it will or not. There are some trick angles in there for sure.
Just look at the sand and the way it falls. It isn't as steep as it looks.
BTW, out at the dunes right now you will see plenty of Rhinos going up stuff that tricked out trucks and buggies aren't. Stock Rhinos go all the way up Comp Hill without much problem. Stock Jeeps can't make it, neither can a lot of 2WD buggies.
Put paddles on it and I personally wouldn't rule it out of making it up any sand hill a truck could make it up. It just might do it slower.

djunkie
12-07-2006, 11:47 AM
The Rhinos I've seen in town can barely make it up Jamaica.........
Your probably seeing the Rangers. :crossx: Like I said, they won't be as flashy as that high horsepower hillclimber but it just crawls up the steep stuff and just keeps going and going. They really are amazing.

ZBODaytona
12-07-2006, 01:13 PM
OK sorry froggy the rhino wouldn't make it....those things run over in iceland...they sometimes set up a course over a river, pond or some sort of water that heads into a very steep hill side...Object shoot across the water without sinking onto the hill side and then make it to the top...and actually they usually have about 10 feet of vertical on the top or a couple i have seen..no jeep either...i would say a dirty bike probably would have a tuff time... I stated earlier i have seen them run on the discover channel, it is insane......AGAIN they are iceland maybe maybe not rednecks....not sure why it got so personal about the rhino..
like jbb said the video is cool..
ps i have a rhino and yes they can climb...but that one is a little beyond their relm, and i wasn't slaming them either.....

Froggystyle
12-07-2006, 01:20 PM
OK sorry froggy the rhino wouldn't make it....those things run over in iceland...they sometimes set up a course over a river, pond or some sort of water that heads into a very steep hill side...Object shoot across the water without sinking onto the hill side and then make it to the top...and actually they usually have about 10 feet of vertical on the top or a couple i have seen..no jeep either...i would say a dirty bike probably would have a tuff time... I stated earlier i have seen them run on the discover channel, it is insane......AGAIN they are iceland maybe maybe not rednecks....not sure why it got so personal about the rhino..
like jbb said the video is cool..
Video is totally cool, and I showed it to a lot of people the first six times it was posted on here... No doubt that rig has some cojones, but I just don't think it is as steep as it appears. Physics is physics... trucks don't go vertically. As long as the CG of the vehicle is above the bottom of the tires, it won't go vertical. Every inch towards vertical actually makes it compoundingly worse. I have jumped a 2' vertical ledge at the end of a long uphill crawl with the Scout, and with momentum it would settle the front end over the hill and you would just bounce the back end over it. With any vertical longer than the wheelbase of the truck though, you just can't physically make it without a JATO rocket.
My Rhino out-climbs my old Scout by a lot. The scout was sick, and among the top rock-crawlers at any event I took it to. We ran right behind the Warn "Black Diamond" jeep and myriad quarter-eliptical suspended crazy crawlers. We had articulation devices on it with over 44" of articulation and it would ramp over 1300. This Rhino WAY out climbs and crawls it.
I just don't buy that it is as vertical as it looks. I bet it is steep as hell, and I bet the Rhino could climb it better than anything that isn't a full-bore climbing rig.
I have owned both... the Rhino is more capable. Not as powerful or brutal, nor does it sound as cool... but it is a climbing son of a bitch.

lurid
12-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Iceland jeeps
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/144089/iceland_jeep_action/
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/141959/waooooaw_iceland_jeepin/

ZBODaytona
12-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Well i have gone up some vertical in my day. Though it was on a 4wheeler. Its all about momentum, and i know those guys carry a lot as i did on the banshee.... I have climbed some steep stuff on the rhino but at some point it will run out of momentum and doesn't have the power to keep it going up....and i know the guys in iceland have vertical at the top of climb, they have to clear it like i did on the banshee, enough momentum and they make it up...sometimes they don't and they do as you say "they come tumbling down to earth end over end"
Of corse there is no way to compare those two. that is a tube framed buggy with tons of HP and paddle tires that can skim across large amounts of water and climb some nasty stuff. not sure i would want to take it riding in the woods where i ride the rhino....heck if it wasn't my rhino i would try it......wanna find me one to use...

Froggystyle
12-07-2006, 02:20 PM
Well i have gone up some vertical in my day. Though it was on a 4wheeler. Its all about momentum, and i know those guys carry a lot as i did on the banshee.... I have climbed some steep stuff on the rhino but at some point it will run out of momentum and doesn't have the power to keep it going up....and i know the guys in iceland have vertical at the top of climb, they have to clear it like i did on the banshee, enough momentum and they make it up...sometimes they don't and they do as you say "they come tumbling down to earth end over end"
Of corse there is no way to compare those two. that is a tube framed buggy with tons of HP and paddle tires that can skim across large amounts of water and climb some nasty stuff. not sure i would want to take it riding in the woods where i ride the rhino....heck if it wasn't my rhino i would try it......wanna find me one to use...
You know what I am saying... there is no way it is as steep as it looks. It looks like he is just going up a damn wall. But look at the sand and the way it falls.
Like I said, steep, but not vertical. I think it goes vert right at the end, but he punches through a bunch of it with the front tires and smashes over it.
Again, great video. I would like to see another view of the hill though. I bet it isn't that much crazier than what we see at Patton or Comp...

Froggystyle
12-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Iceland jeeps
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/144089/iceland_jeep_action/
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/141959/waooooaw_iceland_jeepin/
Nuts... those guys clearly have nothing else to do... :D
But even so, those hills were steep as hell, but nowhere near as steep as that one in the first video "looked". From the way the sand fell in the first video you posted, it looks like it is about as steep as the original. It also doesn't go vertical at the end, other wise he wouldn't have been 5' over the edge when he came down. Again... the physics dictate...

Cole Trickle
12-07-2006, 02:52 PM
agereed...
Rhinos were not making it half way up comphill at dumont a couple weeks back.
I have made it up olds at glamis....slowly;)
A suped up regular cab Silverado Z71 made it up. (Small lift and it sounded like it had some motor work)
Rhinos will go alot of places but they would need about an extra 100 hp to be exciting climbing steep dunes or big bowls.

Wet Dream
12-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Ok, I would retract it if I could. If I had the chance to retitle the thread, I would take out Wimpy.

Froggystyle
12-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Ok, I would retract it if I could. If I had the chance to retitle the thread, I would take out Wimpy.
Deal... ;)

jrod
12-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Just wondering how fast (top end) is a stock 660 rhino?

Cole Trickle
12-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Just wondering how fast (top end) is a stock 660 rhino?
42mph (Limiter restricted)
with a CDI box you will get a tad over 50
With another $300.00 in bolton mods you will get 60.

ZBODaytona
12-08-2006, 12:36 PM
42mph (Limiter restricted)
with a CDI box you will get a tad over 50
With another $300.00 in bolton mods you will get 60.
what would those $300 mods be...

djunkie
12-08-2006, 01:18 PM
what would those $300 mods be...
Intake/filter, rejet, exhaust.
The stock air filter is very restrictive. Open that baby up and it frees up quite a bit of power.

Cole Trickle
12-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Intake/filter, rejet, exhaust.
The stock air filter is very restrictive. Open that baby up and it frees up quite a bit of power.
Don't forget the KMS sheave.
Intake $99
Billet tip $35
Jet kit $50
Sheave $100

superdave013
12-08-2006, 02:32 PM
so any of you Rhino drivers racing this weekend?
Sure sounds like fun.
Last night I was checking out a full race Rhino that's under construction. It was looking pretty bad azz.

superdave013
12-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Video is totally cool, and I showed it to a lot of people the first six times it was posted on here... No doubt that rig has some cojones, but I just don't think it is as steep as it appears. .
All the MTB videos I see never look as steep or gnar as they do in person. I'll watch it and think "no problem" then get out there and think "holy crap!". lol

Bense468
12-08-2006, 03:10 PM
BTW, out at the dunes right now you will see plenty of Rhinos going up stuff that tricked out trucks and buggies aren't. Stock Rhinos go all the way up Comp Hill without much problem. Stock Jeeps can't make it, neither can a lot of 2WD buggies.
HUH???
You are talking dumont or Glamis? Comp hill at glamis a honda could go up at glamis (old days are different) so I know your not saying a jeep or buggy can't go up that. We climbed olds in a 454 suburban with no 4x4 2 years ago, and I have seen rhinos get up that but not by much. A jeep No problem, buggys no problem unless its a 1600 (4 seater) which had about the same horsepower as a rhino. So compare apples to apples.
I don't doubt rhinos capabilities in the dirt, but in the sand momentum, weight, horsepower and Tire footprint all play a big role. Only thing going for the rhino is weight...Bottom line is the rhinos are fun in the sand, but in no way will it beat a properly setup rail, bike, or even jeep.

Sleek-Jet
12-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Nuts... those guys clearly have nothing else to do... :D
That's what happens when winter last 10 months...

Kilrtoy
01-04-2007, 07:20 PM
GOD I love this video

SmokinLowriderSS
01-05-2007, 07:28 AM
Sure it can, after you bolt a BIG winch on the front, to hold a LOT of cable. :D