PDA

View Full Version : The Z06 and Cobra killer.

dmontzsta
12-06-2006, 05:39 PM
http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/0508_nissan_skyline_gtr/
4.5l V8 Twin Turbo with 500hp and AWD in a small platform car for $70k?
A big F U to Porsche also. :)
Unlike Chevy and their future cars (Camaro) Nissan will release this in 2008, so expect it on the streets sometime late next year.

THOR
12-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Gay :crossx:

76ANTHONY
12-06-2006, 05:57 PM
im not really into rice cars, but the old skyline was fast as hell and had grip power, so now they make it look futuristic and bam, 70g's later your a rice racer :crossx:

quadracr
12-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Nice, can't wait until they release the new Supra

TexasChopper
12-06-2006, 07:49 PM
give me the vette... American muscle baby!!!

Phat Matt
12-06-2006, 08:14 PM
I'd drive it.

Jordy
12-06-2006, 08:20 PM
And at the end of the day you're still driving a ricer... :notam: :rolleyes: :D

98 Vector 21
12-06-2006, 08:22 PM
And at the end of the day you're still driving a ricer... :notam: :rolleyes: :D
Yep....We need to get on that ricer bandwagon (G.M. Ford)

Jordy
12-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Yep....We need to get on that ricer bandwagon (G.M. Ford)
I'm all about it. Going to put a big FART can exhaust on my truck, and maybe some LED chromies for the valve stems. :D :D :D Oh, and a wing... :notam:

YeLLowBoaT
12-06-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm all about it. Going to put a big FART can exhaust on my truck, and maybe some LED chromies for the valve stems. :D :D :D Oh, and a wing... :notam:
atleast a wing on your RWD truck would actaully do something...unlike having one ona fwd car... yeah lets put alot of down force on the wheels that do nothing :) Don't forget you have to "lambo" the door.

voodoomedman
12-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Okay so it takes twin turbo's to get to that 500 horsepower instead of a the raw horses in the z06. There is no replacement for displacement. Now let's take the z06 and add the twin turbo's if you want to level out the field so to speak. Now let's see what happens.

Jordy
12-06-2006, 08:50 PM
atleast a wing on your RWD truck would actaully do something...
Hey, mine is a 4WD, so I should put one over the tailgate for downforce on the rear wheels as well as a big one on the hood to really help the fronts get traction right??? :D :D :D

Fast Freddy
12-06-2006, 09:14 PM
my viper will rape it

FryJet
12-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Rice??????????????? Nahhhhhh.
here's a couple vids of ricekiller.com.
This one is sweet. The Mustang is BAD. The blue Z28 and the vette were both on Pinks all out, They both run in the low 10's.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7255965419822843648&q=ricekiller
Here's the Z28 running a Supra. I bet he has way more money in the Supra, lol. So who won?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=699926149673042220&q=ricekiller
F.J.

SmokinLowriderSS
12-07-2006, 04:51 AM
And STICKERS!!!!!!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Rexone
12-07-2006, 04:57 AM
http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/0508_nissan_skyline_gtr/
4.5l V8 Twin Turbo with 500hp and AWD in a small platform car for $70k?
A big F U to Porsche also. :)
Unlike Chevy and their future cars (Camaro) Nissan will release this in 2008, so expect it on the streets sometime late next year.
It's still a ricer. And the front end looks like a D9 (as in Caterpiller) or some kind of military assult vehicle. Whatdya bet some jackass is already making rear bolt on wings up for them.

SmokinLowriderSS
12-07-2006, 05:21 AM
Twas the night before Christmas and caught at the light,
Was a domestic V8 and no cops in sight,
I will try, I will try, I will try with this small motor,
To beat this damn Camaro, even with its big blower,
As the light goes green and I pull like no joke,
The Camaro erupts in clouds of tire smoke,
Now Smasher, now Rev-ver, now Stroker, now Blitzin,
These are the names of my four VTEC pistons,
Racing ahead I'm the star of the action,
But I know I'm in trouble when V8 gets traction,
Grabbing second, I hear the RPM's sing,
My mirror is blocked by my shopping kart wing,
I now hear the roar of the big monster gaining,
All I can do is keeping the four-banger straining,
In a second, the shock wave hits with a blast,
And my stickers go flying now a thing of the past,
Don't bother with third, cause now it's too late,
Just try to act cool, like you can relate,
Looking up at the taillights as they get smaller,
The driver back off just to give me a holler,
"You can't win them all," he says in fling,
"You may not win any, in that silly thing,"
I smiled and revved as he pulled out of sight,
With my new mods tomorrow.it will be a better night.
Credit goes to Kimmie Hanson, I just saved it 'cause it was good.

prosthogod
12-07-2006, 06:55 AM
I'll take my viper today, and just wait for the '08 viper to really blow away everything.

dmontzsta
12-07-2006, 07:44 AM
You may not have to like ricer shit, I personally think a jackass with a huge wing on a fwd car should be shot. This car is in a different class, to call it rice is just ignorant. For those that do not know the Skyline, you have to respect this car, it will out handle the competition.

lucky
12-07-2006, 08:29 AM
Donald , donald donald - they can't band ya for your princiaples , but we sure can about liking the ricers -- :) I would name that car "uncle Bens " as it would be done in a minute or less :) -- kinda like your sex life -- FAGGGGGG - love ya man :crossx:

catman-do
12-07-2006, 08:37 AM
my viper will rape it
Sorry to let you know, but your Viper wont do jackshit to a skyline. I used to have a 98 skyline right hand drive that i imported to the US from Japan directly. The car in Japan was 38k, importing fees were about 7k and the doc'ing/dot costs ran about another 5k. This thing is the real deal. I would smoke vipers, porshe, nsx, corvette's, saleen stangs. You name it that car in its true for will eat it alive. However I do believe that the restrictions the US will put on the car will limit its hp. I brought the acr here stock for about 55k, put about another 16k into the motor and drive and was getting over 750 horse out of it. For dollar to dollar America is getting their ass's handed to them by imports (japanese and european). Face it we are in an age of technology and if I can put more reliable power with less weight then why not? Right? The car was then sold to HKS America and is supposed to be running low 7's, still street drivable.

Kiddunot
12-07-2006, 08:46 AM
there are plenty of exotic cars that beat the viper besides ITS A DODGE! you will be coasting backwards to pick up the tranny after your race....If its American I am going with the Vette, if you want to go german then i will go with the mercedes mclaren and if its italian I am going with the ferrari f430. Remember just because it is a prototype doesnt mean it will actually do the speed it is claiming until it is released. I'll take my viper today, and just wait for the '08 viper to really blow away everything.

Legal Chemistry
12-07-2006, 08:49 AM
This car is in a different class, to call it rice is just ignorant. For those that do not know the Skyline, you have to respect this car, it will out handle the competition.
Thanks for pointing the (not-so) obvious out. This is not your "typical" ricer. Yes, it is manufactured in Japan, but this is not a sub-compact mpg go-getter that has a trashcan muffler and cut springs. These have given out many ass-whoppings over several years. Those that track their cars probably know. The current G35 stateside is 300hp 3.5L inline-6 that pulls .92g out of the box. This one ain't a 'vette killer by any means but not bad. I doubt the talked about Skyline coming stateside in '08 will look like the above... but with 450-500bhp TT and AWD corning at over 1g (reported from Nurenburg testing...) , bye bye ye good 'ol american steel (er fiberglass)

Big Kahunaa
12-07-2006, 08:55 AM
the duramax is a isuzu motor so rice rice baby

RUSHIN ROULETTE
12-07-2006, 09:12 AM
You may not have to like ricer shit, I personally think a jackass with a huge wing on a fwd car should be shot. This car is in a different class, to call it rice is just ignorant. For those that do not know the Skyline, you have to respect this car, it will out handle the competition.
Skylines are bad ass.... :cool:

THOR
12-07-2006, 09:28 AM
However you slice it up, its still a ricer

dmontzsta
12-07-2006, 09:37 AM
It is good to see there are folks on the boards that actually know what they are talking about.
Those of you calling it "rice", I question what you know about cars.

Bense468
12-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Sorry to let you know, but your Viper wont do jackshit to a skyline. I used to have a 98 skyline right hand drive that i imported to the US from Japan directly. The car in Japan was 38k, importing fees were about 7k and the doc'ing/dot costs ran about another 5k. This thing is the real deal. I would smoke vipers, porshe, nsx, corvette's, saleen stangs. You name it that car in its true for will eat it alive. However I do believe that the restrictions the US will put on the car will limit its hp. I brought the acr here stock for about 55k, put about another 16k into the motor and drive and was getting over 750 horse out of it. For dollar to dollar America is getting their ass's handed to them by imports (japanese and european). Face it we are in an age of technology and if I can put more reliable power with less weight then why not? Right? The car was then sold to HKS America and is supposed to be running low 7's, still street drivable.
ITS ALRIGHT DONALD YOUR NOT ALONE...
this shit is making me roll right now. So what your saying is for 70k you had 750 ricepower and that dollar for dollar you can't beat that. LOL. Go back to watching fast and the furious and jerkin off. Cause at the end of the day the Charger was still the best part of the fockin movie
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2742/chargerblastoffwj0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

THOR
12-07-2006, 09:44 AM
It is good to see there are folks on the boards that actually know what they are talking about.
Those of you calling it "rice", I question what you know about cars.
I know nothing except what is a Nissan and what isnt. I am actually borderline moronic, but I can figure out the simple things.

dmontzsta
12-07-2006, 09:48 AM
I know nothing except what is a Nissan and what isnt. I am actually borderline moronic, but I can figure out the simple things.
Most everything import is rice, except for Skylines, Zs, Supras, etc... :)
Now you know. :)

spectras only
12-07-2006, 10:14 AM
I should work hard to get an older Ultima GTR off of a friend
, so I could up the HP a bit of the lowly 350 sbc that's in it now ,and see what Skyline could beat it :p . Here are some specs on them >
http://www.supercars.net/cars/1858.html

Deano
12-07-2006, 10:46 AM
I am not one for ricer cars, but the "reliable" horsepower these things are putting out per liter are insane.
apples to apples or liter to liter, a 454 would have to produce a reliable 1,000+ hp to equal the skyline.
I am trying to get ahold of two toyota v12s right now to be built and rigged in my new boat next winter. I plan on boring and stroking it, getting whatever one off custom parts (rods,cams,pistons,intakes) made and making atleast a 1,000 "reliable" horsepower each. :) wish me luck,lol

Cole Trickle
12-07-2006, 11:02 AM
Okay so it takes twin turbo's to get to that 500 horsepower instead of a the raw horses in the z06. There is no replacement for displacement. Now let's take the z06 and add the twin turbo's if you want to level out the field so to speak. Now let's see what happens.
Pointless argument the LS7 is an amazing NA high compresion motor. The Motor in that skyline will handle quite a bit more than the LS7 and is built for boost.
The LS7 is bad to the bone but adding turbos or a blower to that motor would be a huge mistake.
Skylines are the real deal. I drove the one that was in the need for speed game quite a bit when it had 500-700 AWHP. The car was a slug until the boost hit and then things got very exciting!!!!! In stock form the car was as exciting to drive as a G35.....zZZzzzz
I would love a 500HP AWD car but if I had to chose one I would go with the 06+Z06.
I think the Skyline would win from a stop light and the Z06 would kill it from a roll. :)

Cole Trickle
12-07-2006, 11:03 AM
Most everything import is rice, except for Skylines, Zs, Supras, etc... :)
Now you know. :)
I wouldn't call Evos or STI's rice either.;)

dmontzsta
12-07-2006, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't call Evos or STI's rice either.;)
hehe. I thought about adding those in there, but I cannot get passed the huge wings on them, but they are a great bang for the buck car and put down some good numbers. :)

NoCal NoBoat
12-07-2006, 11:59 AM
All I can add is that I always chose the Skyline in Gran Turismo 3.
Best combination of speed, power, and handling for gaming-impaired people like me...

PHOTOGLOU
12-07-2006, 01:03 PM
The way I read it, it says it will have a 450 hp v-6 for $70k and the writer is asking for the Infiniti v-8 motor.... Am I wrong???

dmontzsta
12-07-2006, 01:10 PM
The way I read it, it says it will have a 450 hp v-6 for $70k and the writer is asking for the Infiniti v-8 motor.... Am I wrong???
I just re-read it and you are right.
VQ3.5l V6 TT with 450hp, now everyone can really talk about liter to liter HP. :D

Cole Trickle
12-07-2006, 01:55 PM
I just re-read it and you are right.
VQ3.5l V6 TT with 450hp, now everyone can really talk about liter to liter HP. :D
I don't think the Z06/ 997TT owners are gonna be all that worried with 450hp in a V6;)

lucky
12-07-2006, 02:42 PM
I don't think the Z06/ 997TT owners are gonna be all that worried with 450hp in a V6;)
do you still have your sweet ass rice eater :) dat vetted is swaeeeet :cool:

SnoopJonnyJon
12-07-2006, 03:56 PM
I am getting sicker and sicker of rice. One of my best friends has a 1994 Supra twin turbo. I certainly wouldn't call it a POS, as it is certainly a nice car, but it isn't nearly as nice as a 12 year old $40K car should be. The HP numbers on these jap cars is just hype. He claims with the turbo mods it should be 450rwhp. I have no idea if it does or not, but I do know that it feels slow. And cruising around town I can quite handily keep pace with an essentially stock late 80's TPI Trans Am. And I always hear about how great the reliability is on jap stuff. The same guy has a 4 runner for the winter and has had nothing but trouble with it, I bet I've taken him to the toyota dealer 6 times this fall/ winter getting parts for his toyota, driving my notoriously shitty ford ltd... which I haven't had to fix a thing on.

Cole Trickle
12-07-2006, 04:01 PM
do you still have your sweet ass rice eater :) dat vetted is swaeeeet :cool:
I do:D
The pixilators just got done touching up some rock chips on the rocker panels.
Car is officially going in the trader next week. :cry: :p :crossx:

Cole Trickle
12-07-2006, 04:04 PM
I am getting sicker and sicker of rice. One of my best friends has a 1994 Supra twin turbo. I certainly wouldn't call it a POS, as it is certainly a nice car, but it isn't nearly as nice as a 12 year old $40K car should be. The HP numbers on these jap cars is just hype. He claims with the turbo mods it should be 450rwhp. I have no idea if it does or not, but I do know that it feels slow. And cruising around town I can quite handily keep pace with an essentially stock late 80's TPI Trans Am. And I always hear about how great the reliability is on jap stuff. The same guy has a 4 runner for the winter and has had nothing but trouble with it, I bet I've taken him to the toyota dealer 6 times this fall/ winter getting parts for his toyota, driving my notoriously shitty ford ltd... which I haven't had to fix a thing on.
The factory turboed supras can be anywhere from mild to wild.
That factory motor will handle up to 800-1000hp (To get the big HP you go with a Big single turbo....Lots of lag and lots of power when the turbo does spool :) )

LAND_LOVER69
12-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Twas the night before Christmas and caught at the light,
Was a domestic V8 and no cops in sight,
I will try, I will try, I will try with this small motor,
To beat this damn Camaro, even with its big blower,
As the light goes green and I pull like no joke,
The Camaro erupts in clouds of tire smoke,
Now Smasher, now Rev-ver, now Stroker, now Blitzin,
These are the names of my four VTEC pistons,
Racing ahead I'm the star of the action,
But I know I'm in trouble when V8 gets traction,
Grabbing second, I hear the RPM's sing,
My mirror is blocked by my shopping kart wing,
I now hear the roar of the big monster gaining,
All I can do is keeping the four-banger straining,
In a second, the shock wave hits with a blast,
And my stickers go flying now a thing of the past,
Don't bother with third, cause now it's too late,
Just try to act cool, like you can relate,
Looking up at the taillights as they get smaller,
The driver back off just to give me a holler,
"You can't win them all," he says in fling,
"You may not win any, in that silly thing,"
I smiled and revved as he pulled out of sight,
With my new mods tomorrow.it will be a better night.
Credit goes to Kimmie Hanson, I just saved it 'cause it was good.
WAAAA HAAAA HAAAA HAAAAA!!!!!! :cry: :D :cry: :D :cry: :D
That's the funniest damn poem I've ever read.
Thank's, I needed that

catman-do
12-08-2006, 08:02 AM
ITS ALRIGHT DONALD YOUR NOT ALONE...
this shit is making me roll right now. So what your saying is for 70k you had 750 ricepower and that dollar for dollar you can't beat that. LOL. Go back to watching fast and the furious and jerkin off. Cause at the end of the day the Charger was still the best part of the fockin movie
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2742/chargerblastoffwj0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
There are a couple things wrong with this. I worked on that movie and that charger had a bar underneath it that lifted the front end. That Charger was a showcar and in no way, shape, or form could ever pull wheel stands like that. So before you go believing a movie version get the facts. Whats nice about the skyline is the awd. So while rwd's are trying to "hook-up" on the streets im already an 1/8th mile down. If we went from a rolling start my buddies z06 would keep up and he had it supercharged putting out a little over 600hp but the weight of that car is much less. I also went from twin turbo to a single t26e larger turbine. Would get much more lag and due to the awd it was hard to get around the lag without making the 1st gear real short. Once the thing hit boost it was pumping out 27lbs and threw you into the seat. It had enough power to do awd slides on dry streets. From the line he wouldnt come within 10 lengths of me. I dont doubt that muscle cars are nice, because im a car guy and that means i love any car that can be appreciated. Chargers are nice, just not for me. Im not a big muscle car fan, more on the side of the bel-airs, old mercs, and cruizer style coupes. They had more style then the muscle cars in which they threw together a box with as big a motor as they could create. We've build (my dad and I) a 57 nomad showcar, 26 bucket (extended frame), 34 coupe, honda civic, mitsubishi 300gt vr4, skyline gtr, lexus is300 (the first body style), and s2000. The most compliments in which people actually knew what they were talking about came from the 57 nomad. However the funnest car to drive and by far the fastest was the skyline. Im not bashing any particular style, but i dont agree with anyone that says they love cars and then only likes one style. BTW in 98' you could get a skyline for 38k, and easily pump that kind of hp for the money.

Bense468
12-08-2006, 08:25 AM
I was not saying I believe in that charger doing wheel stands and I know it was rigged. Shit my 67 wanted to keep pulling the wheels, and I had to work to keep them on the ground. our pantera...has some cool factor, even the viper for being a production car, has the look to turn heads. My camaro, the 60 vette all had a look that look. Sorry man you will never convince me that a skyline or any other ricer is bad ass. Just don't sound it, guess i'm old skool and i'm young like you too.

Sleek-Jet
12-08-2006, 08:36 AM
A 959 comparrison... hmmmm... from what I understand those cars ran like a raped ape... when they ran...
Hope Nissan has better luck....

eliminatedsprinter
12-08-2006, 03:08 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. The Corvette and Vipers are here on the road today. I can't tell you how many great concept cars I've seen come and go.
By the time (if ever) this car is in production and sold here in Ca, it will most likely either be a shadow of the above or it will cost a mint. But who knows? Chevy and Dodge have produced their rockets, perhaps Nisson will up the bar. That's what market compitition is about isn't it??

h2oski2fast
12-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Bottomn line, it's still a rice burner. Cobra killer?
Not this one:
http://www.hillbankusa.com/mkiii/gallery/mkiii4.jpg
And what are all these Corvette fans crying about NA for? The Skyline has a smaller displacement.

dmontzsta
12-08-2006, 03:36 PM
There are a couple things wrong with this. I worked on that movie and that charger had a bar underneath it that lifted the front end. That Charger was a showcar and in no way, shape, or form could ever pull wheel stands like that. So before you go believing a movie version get the facts. Whats nice about the skyline is the awd. So while rwd's are trying to "hook-up" on the streets im already an 1/8th mile down. If we went from a rolling start my buddies z06 would keep up and he had it supercharged putting out a little over 600hp but the weight of that car is much less. I also went from twin turbo to a single t26e larger turbine. Would get much more lag and due to the awd it was hard to get around the lag without making the 1st gear real short. Once the thing hit boost it was pumping out 27lbs and threw you into the seat. It had enough power to do awd slides on dry streets. From the line he wouldnt come within 10 lengths of me. I dont doubt that muscle cars are nice, because im a car guy and that means i love any car that can be appreciated. Chargers are nice, just not for me. Im not a big muscle car fan, more on the side of the bel-airs, old mercs, and cruizer style coupes. They had more style then the muscle cars in which they threw together a box with as big a motor as they could create. We've build (my dad and I) a 57 nomad showcar, 26 bucket (extended frame), 34 coupe, honda civic, mitsubishi 300gt vr4, skyline gtr, lexus is300 (the first body style), and s2000. The most compliments in which people actually knew what they were talking about came from the 57 nomad. However the funnest car to drive and by far the fastest was the skyline. Im not bashing any particular style, but i dont agree with anyone that says they love cars and then only likes one style. BTW in 98' you could get a skyline for 38k, and easily pump that kind of hp for the money.
Do you remember Craig Lieberman? He had two cars in the movie, cool guy. He really went above and beyond the call of duty while he was running NIRA, gave me and my friends the VIP treatment.
I would take the charger over the other cars in that movie though, just for the toughness factor.
BTW: That was the longest 1/4 in history in that movie. :)