PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic Diverter has a loose wire...

75MillerJet
12-06-2006, 08:53 PM
The wiring for my steering wheel mounted control unit for the diverter is loose. I was out last weekend and the diverter stuck all the way up and I didn't think it was goin anywhere but I wiggled the wiring while holding the down button and she went down. Anyone else have this problem or have yours mounted somewhere else? I find it kinda awkward with the wheel turning also. Any pics would be awesome. Thanx guys.

Cas
12-06-2006, 10:02 PM
I don't have pics and my boat is down at Jet Boat Performance so I can't take any right now. I put the switch on the gunnel just forward of the forward/reverse handle. Basically, I rested my arm on the gunnel as I always do when driving and mounted it where I can easily get to it with my thumb.

jetboatperformance
12-07-2006, 07:13 AM
Feel free to call or e-mail me I'm happy to help you trouble shoot it Thanks Tom
www.jetboatperformance.com 805 466 4719

DUCKY
12-07-2006, 08:23 AM
You could also use a "turn-signal" style switch like we do on the outboard stuff. Then the wires can be fastened securely, as they don't move with the steering.
I can't find a pic of what I am reffering to, but it's a Teleflex PT1000P.
As far as troublehooting goes, you should have 3 wires at the switch. If it was wired industry standard, then you will have a red (constant hot) or purple (hot with ign switch) and a green (down) and a blue (up). Check their operation with a test light, and also disconnect them at the pump and check them for a short to ground.

75MillerJet
12-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Well thanx for the replies guys. I pulled the switch took it apart to find that the green wire had broken loose from the solder. I soldered it back on and relocated it just forward of my forward/reverse lever and next to the rest of my switches. Here's a pic: