PDA

View Full Version : Immigration, cut it or leave it alone?

Rexone
12-06-2006, 11:46 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4094926727128068265&pr=goog-sl&h
Some very educational reality here. Math is one thing that doesn't lie. Unlike most our elected politicians.
If we could only get Congress to absorb this scenario and realize that non-action is dooming their children to lives of mediocrity at best, disaster at worst.
The video is long but worth the watch imo.
(credit to shaken not stirred for the link btw)

SmokinLowriderSS
12-07-2006, 04:38 AM
Yes, very good. To bad I don't have a lot of faith in the politicians to comprehend it these days. We freaking can't take everybody!
Speaking of numbers, stopped at Sonic for lunch Tues, had to tell the girl how much change I got back from a $10, and then correct her when she flubbed the "$0.76" part. :mad: 2 quarters, 1 each, dime, nickel, & penny.
She managed the $4 ok tho. :220v:
My damn kids who aren't old enough to have a job can make f'ing change!
(sorry for the sidetrack soapbox but there is some of what it's doing to the government schools we have today. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: )

Blown 472
12-07-2006, 04:49 AM
Yes, very good. To bad I don't have a lot of faith in the politicians to comprehend it these days. We freaking can't take everybody!
Speaking of numbers, stopped at Sonic for lunch Tues, had to tell the girl how much change I got back from a $10, and then correct her when she flubbed the "$0.76" part. :mad: 2 quarters, 1 each, dime, nickel, & penny.
She managed the $4 ok tho. :220v:
(sorry for the sidetrack soapbox but there is some of what it's doing to the government schools we have today. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: )
Gubment isn't there to teach and raise your kids, that is your dealio, what with being a parent and all, gee sorta liberal speak there dontcha think?

Old Texan
12-07-2006, 05:56 AM
Gubment isn't there to teach and raise your kids, that is your dealio, what with being a parent and all, gee sorta liberal speak there dontcha think?
SS stated his kids could count change, it was the "Lib's" kid behind the counter making minimum wage that couldn't count. :crossx:

SmokinLowriderSS
12-07-2006, 09:25 AM
Is the hangover THAT bad blown?
I think here we have a prime example of a need for the "blown WTF did he just say" thread.
Gonna have to put a developer on it to get a blown plugin for the Hansalator.
You really need to work on your comprehension blown, here, I'll try to help ya.
The original quote:
The important parts highlighted:
Now trimmed of the additives that confused you:
My kids can make change!
Freshman HIGH SCHOOL english blown, give up on spanglish.
By the way blown, who runs the public schools?
By the way blown, who sets the curiculum of the public schools?
By the way blown, who sets the graduation criteria of the public schools blown?
STATE GOVERNMENTS blown (as well as the unions who own them).
Yep, one more arguemnt for vouchers and school choice, blown's reading comprehension. Thx blown. :)
By the way blown, who pays for the public schools if you put your kid in private school?
Sorry about the hijack Rex. :p

Rexone
12-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Ah, the subject here is immigration.....

bigq
12-07-2006, 09:00 PM
That is quite the eye opener. To bad all I hear is crickets in Congress... :cry:
It will be the death of the USA and along with it comes political correctness from lack of assimilation.

Rexone
12-07-2006, 10:34 PM
I believe the US will cease to exist within a few decades at least in it's present form, either from revolution within (civil war) or defeat from outside force like the terrorists, china, or some other group or country. The present climate of political correctness and pussified government that refuses to do what needs to be done regarding immigration and other issues will be the demise. The route the US is traveling is leading right into a black hole.
I also believe it could be avoided if government grows some balls and ditches the PC I'm offended bs approach on every damn thing that comes along. Limit immigration to historical levels and crack down on illegal immigration even if that means letting those who are here stay (they should still go through the citizenship process to be allowed to stay permanently imo. Give em 2 years to comply or leave). Would it be expensive to implement? Yes. What we're doing right now is far more expensive though. It's going to cost us our soverignty down the road and plenty in the interim.
Protect our borders and stop the wide open bs. There are those coming in with intent to eventually attack our cities. They are very patient. Shut it off. We have the technology to do so, just not the balls or desire.
Crack down on crime and stop the frivilous litigeous atmosphere that currently we call a legal system. They need to take a lesson from the AZ sheriff. Scumbag criminals have no rights. Lock em up and kick the illegal ones out. Shoot em if they try to return. Not too many would try after a few dead ones. Let Mexico and other countries deal with their own criminal element and not export it here. We have plenty of our own without their additions.
Use the military on the borders as necessary to enforce the laws instead of wasting our efforts overseas trying to change a world that we can't and doesn't want to be changed. Eliminate threats to our country overseas quickly and totally and get the f back home. A couple devastating responses to aggression by terrorists would probably change the whole atmosphere. Not the present state of affairs and quagmire like Iraq is becoming and what Viet Nam became many decades ago. (Yes I was alive to witness it first hand, not from history books. I remember the body counts on the news, night after night, year after year). As illustrated in the immigration video, we cannot save the world by trying to force change. Offer help where received, otherwise butt out unless a threat to us or our allys, then take care of business and leave. And enough with the imbedded reporters bs. If necessary to go to war, get the job done and get the f out, no tv shows. War and tv shows have nothing in common and should not be made to appear alike or politically correct.
I wonder what those in charge during the WW2 era would think of what the US has become. My guess is they would not be too impressed.
The response to Pearl Harbor vs 911 is quite revealing of what the US has become. In both cases we were attacked by a known adversary, in one case a country, the other a terriorist entity. In both cases about the same # of lives were taken in the initial attack. In the case of 911 we had the technology to eliminate this enemy and failed to use it effectively. In the case of Pearl Harbor we did not, but perservered and built up an ability to kick their ass over roughly the same time period the Iraq war has lasted. That's the difference between what this country was in 1941 and what it is today. Pussified point blank.
And had our immigration laws been enforced "properly" and followed, 911 wouldn't have ever happened imo not to mention the need to eliminate the threat a decade or more ago when it first became apparent.

HighRoller
12-08-2006, 02:11 AM
Well put, Rex. I think the bottom line is that we need to remember that we are the most powerful, most prosperous country in the history of the world. As such, we could exercise our will anywhere in the world with impunity at almost any time of our choosing. Instead of this ridiculous guilt everyone is trying to make us feel, we need to exercise the afforementioned impunity every once in a while to keep people in line.
I agree that all foreign involvement for the most part needs to stop. Let Israel and Hezbollah have at it and let Iran do what they want. But with that comes the reminder that ANY act of aggression against our country will be met and responded to at a level 100 times worse. And it won't be our troops coming to visit either. It will be a bomb delivered by a plane you can't see or hear that wipes out your capital city. F collateral damage, what do you think 9-11 was? The withdrawal will include kicking the UN out of NY City and telling them we don't need them any more. The only thing the UN is good for is giving piss ant midget nations a soapbox to stand on so they can kick us in the shin. We provide 50% of the funding, have 20% of the voting power and can be vetoed by a terrorist!! No thanks...
As far as the cockroaches from the south, I laugh everytime someone says we "can't" enforce the borders. No, the correct assertion is that we "won't" do it. Don't get the two confused. In a day where we have attack helos with FLIR, sniper rifles that can shoot a fleas balls off from a mile and AWACS planes we could stop the flow of illegals over our southern border in about 5 minutes. All we have to do is declare the border a "terrorist watch zone" and let everyone know that any unidentified persons within the zone will be considered terrorists and will be eliminated on sight. After the cockroaches find Uncle Jose splattered all over the desert they'll think twice about continuing on. Am I saying we should kill illegal immigrants? Yeah, if that's what it takes to deter them from coming here and destroying my country.
The second front would be employers, more specifically the punishment of those who hire illegals. The first offense penalty would be 6 months in prison. No fines, since a fine can be absorbed in a price increase. Second offense will be revocation of the company's business license and deportation of those responsible. You want to do business with illegals, do it in their country. And if you're thinking about sneaking back, watch out for that terrorist watch zone!!!
We need to go back to the days when other nations respected and feared us because they knew what we were capable of. What we have now is a joke.

lucky
12-08-2006, 07:18 AM
the melting pot will overflow and put out the fire - then its no chow for anyone :) ----

Rexone
12-09-2006, 01:30 AM
the melting pot will overflow and put out the fire - then its no chow for anyone :) ----
That's a pretty concise way to put it.
Since you are a bench racer and have no ability to reason I can only assume you are just lucky to have come up with that. :)

dragboat
12-09-2006, 05:49 AM
Rexone, HighRoller, lucky, I agree. Well said, so whos running that we can vote for?

OKIE-JET
12-09-2006, 08:15 AM
Rexone, HighRoller, lucky, I agree. Well said, so whos running that we can vote for?
Theres not, there wont be. Having common sense in government was legislated out years ago. I think what REX said in his first statement was as close to reality as anything. We've set out on this path of PCness and dont believe theres room for a U-Turn. In this day and age people in this country are all about "whats in it for me?", instead of whats best as a nation and a peoples. A nation full of different factions that are slowly widening the gap between each other are heading down the path of civil war, or at least weakening themselves and making it easier for terrorists or opposing governments to smash us. An opposition force is'nt going to slaughter us because were too white, too black, too brown, too yellow, too christian, too jew, too muslim, too left, too right, too republican, too democratic, their going to slaughter us because we're just too damn AMERICAN.

steve d
12-09-2006, 09:08 AM
This should be front page, six o'clock news material. Fact is. it isn't and will never be. Even if it was, I'm not sure this new society would be watching.
We have over 40 homes on our block, only 7 newspapers hit the deck. As much as I hate our local liberal rag it does give some Info. With interest such as this
and head in the sand syndrome, the "People" will not make a difference.
When it finally gets close to touching everyone.....it will be too late!
Thanks for the Video Mike....

DILLIGAF
01-05-2007, 01:45 PM
I just watched that video and it was very interesting and alarming.....
I hope something actually gets done and soon!

Rexone
01-06-2007, 02:46 AM
I just watched that video and it was very interesting and alarming.....
I hope something actually gets done and soon!
This is the real deal.
Unfortunately no one in government, democrat, republican, or otherwise will do a damn thing about it. Short of a revolution (yes I'm serious) the groundwork and direction has been set to let any number of immigrants in that can walk over the borders. Plus support them at the expense of US citizens.
The only positive thing about the above is that the terriorists will probably destroy the country before the illegal immigrants can take over, again open borders being a factor.
I'm really disgusted with how our government has sold this country down the river on the immigration and open borders issue. Originally I thought Bush would do something about it. Especially after 911. He hasn't done shit and I'm sure won't barring some terriorist attack that kills many times that of 911. Hopefully our next administration will have the balls to do the right thing. Hopefully it won't be too late.

YeLLowBoaT
01-06-2007, 03:03 AM
Thats not good :eek: I would willing to bet that the 1mil that comes in is not including all the ones that walk across the boerder... I keep loving how he is refering to CA...makes me really glad that i bought some land up in OR.