PDA

View Full Version : thinking about sales job options

axkiker
12-08-2006, 07:38 AM
Hey I was currious what you all thought might be a good market right now for a sales rep. I currently work for a staffing co. that im not all that happy with and am thinking about a change. Ive been in sales for a few years now and really like the work. However the way this company works and the way I think it should work are very different. Any ideas out there. Pharm sales are out. I dont think its all that great of a career any more plus I only have a 2 year degree. I did mortgages for 2 years and thought about getting back into that with another co. However I dunno if I wanna go back into 100% commission.
any help
thanks

catman-do
12-08-2006, 08:08 AM
It all depends on what you are knowledgable in. I did pharm sales before i did mtg and the job was great. Good hours, decent pay, and a product that will always be in high demand especially as the baby boomers are getting older. The mtg industry is also fairly hard to enter into right now due to the current market. Many markets will require some sort of degree as well to enter into that are on the higher end of the payscale. Im in mtg and love it, but im sure there are markets that i would like better. Ive thought about getting into the medical equipment sales. Have a friend with Glaxo and likes it on the equip side selling replacements and orthopedic implants such as screws and pins.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
12-08-2006, 11:55 AM
I have a semiconductor distribution company. It is incredibly lucrative if you apply yourself. It is largely tele-sales (cold calling, etc) so maybe your mortgage background might help you here...

axkiker
12-08-2006, 12:48 PM
I have a semiconductor distribution company. It is incredibly lucrative if you apply yourself. It is largely tele-sales (cold calling, etc) so maybe your mortgage background might help you here...
Yeah I would be interested in something like that. My education is an associates of applied science in computer / electronics engineering. I also went back to complete the cisco courses just never took the test.
Im trying to get back into the tech field but stay in sales. Ive always been a gear head so I wanna be able to sell something that I can relate to and enjoy. I am selling staffing now, the $$ is good but I just dont relate to it. Plus everyone is a freakin illegal and im sick of that bs. Another story all together.
Do you have any leads on companies in the KY area
thanks again