PDA

View Full Version : iPod Question

Do F150's Float?
12-08-2006, 01:43 PM
So, I'm planning on upgrading to a real iPod and letting my little sister have my 4G Mini (of course... have to delete a few of the songs outta there... :hammerhea ). But, here's the issue... She doesn't have a computer, so i would be the one adding/modifying everything for her. Can I have 2 ipods on one computer??
Thanks for your help! :) :rollside: :)

vmjtc3
12-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Yes you can. They will both sink to your i-tunes. I have a few and they all work fine.:cool:

NOTALENT
12-08-2006, 01:50 PM
yup....it will create its own playlist for each. I have 4 on my pc...:mix:

Do F150's Float?
12-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Awesome. I knew iPods were smarter than me :D
... now if i could just find my way outta this paper bag, i would be set!

superdave013
12-08-2006, 02:40 PM
tell Bruce there is some tri tip in the bag and he'll get it opened real quick! :mix:

BajaMike
12-08-2006, 02:54 PM
You might want to set ITunes to "manually sync" so it doesn't put all your songs (ie the ones you don't want on her IPod) on both Ipods.
I bought one for my mom for her birthday, and I just have a playlist for her songs, and drag them to her IPod when we add her music.
:idea:

Water Romper
12-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Hey IPOD fans,
Anyone ever have one just stop working, Mine will not charge or anything..it's just dead. Know where a can a guy send it to have it fixed? Apple is not very helpful.
Thanks

h2oski2fast
12-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Hey IPOD fans,
Anyone ever have one just stop working, Mine will not charge or anything..it's just dead. Know where a can a guy send it to have it fixed? Apple is not very helpful.
Thanks
Take it to an Apple store, they can send it in for repair.

Water Romper
12-08-2006, 04:12 PM
Excellent,
Will do this weekend!
Thanks

Longtime Lurker
12-08-2006, 04:32 PM
You might want to make an appointment at the apple store, as their spots fill up fast. You can do it online for the same day. I did it at midnight for the following Saturday morning. good luck.

THATJEFFGUY
12-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Hey IPOD fans,
Thanks
My daughters 4G nano is doing the same thing. It seems to work when it's plugged in. I took it to the apple store, they dicked with it for 20 minutes, then said it was working fine..WRONG !

vmjtc3
12-08-2006, 04:36 PM
I had one do that one time. I pluged it in to the laptop and updated the software, that took care of it. If that does not work i would guess the batt's are dead. I dont think it cost's much to have it changed. You may be able to do it yourself?

quadracr
12-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Dumb question, but can you use any MP3 format songs on the IPOD or do they need to be a special download?

vmjtc3
12-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Dumb question, but can you use any MP3 format songs on the IPOD or do they need to be a special download?
mp3 are bueno

h2oski2fast
12-08-2006, 09:52 PM
In short, yes. You can also play wave files with the ipod, drawback is the size of the file as wave files are about 10x the size of a mp3 but the sound quality is much better.