PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass Shotgun Scoop

tittyman
12-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Which one of you fiberglass guys out there can make a fiberglass scoop that looks just like the Injegster or the Shotgun scoop out of fiberglass for a reasonable price...it does not have to have the operational butterfly openings like the shotgun...just look like the shotgun scoop...how much would it cost..it has to be a lot less than the 350.00 they get for the polished shotgun scoop at Speedwaymotors.com

BrendellaJet
12-09-2006, 04:48 PM
would need an actual scoop to sacrifice as a plug, build the mold, & then the part. Would likely cost more than buying the real thing. Why bother?

old rigger
12-09-2006, 05:08 PM
would need an actual scoop to sacrifice as a plug, build the mold, & then the part. Would likely cost more than buying the real thing. Why bother?
Sacrifice?
Nothing gets ruined when making a mold. It's very a easy easy thing to do. Hell, I took part in popping a mold off a rented car once. Piece of cake. :)

tittyman
12-09-2006, 05:11 PM
It would have to be by someone who is in the fiberglass buisiness...making fiberglass parts...scoops...etc...it would not be a one time thing..it would be another product that could be added to there line of products...someone who already makes fiberglass scoops..it would be a great looking scoop at a more than reasonable price..

IMPATIENT 1
12-09-2006, 05:35 PM
development cost wouldn't be nothing compared to the demand for "new" style scoops. there's nothing new out there in the fiberglass scoop market that really catches the eye anymore. if i had the skill ,i'd absorb the cost of the alum. scoop for the mold, and laugh all the way to the bank!! be a real seller i bet.

moneysucker
12-11-2006, 01:21 PM
When you look at the price of a fiberglass scoop from summit or jegs and the paint and bottom plate and zues fittings you might as well go fot the aluminum one. I decided to go with an injection hat to save $ over carbs and a scoop. Just another way to go.

DUECE'SDAD
12-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Im interested in building the shotgun scoop if you guys can let me know who or how many wants them !!! It would definately help on set up cost as far as plug and mold work like the other guy spoke of but if i can get 5 or so of you interested in them i can get the cost down. Let me know what you guys want and if you want the same size of a little smaller or little bigger. Im thinkin flat base like the other scoop that i build that way you dont really have to spend all the money mentioned for mounting base and such. Dustin

tittyman
12-11-2006, 03:26 PM
How much do you think each one would sell for...and then what would be the additional costs if you wanted a little bit of paint..

41willyscoupe
02-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Hey Men..... I make fiberglass shotgun scoops.... I made the molds from my shotgun years & years ago! I dont make the butterfly plates or the rod that goes though that hold them on, only the scoop and carb mounts..... I sell then fresh out of the molding needing finished , mold seames sanded etc..... or finished and primed ready for paint. $200.00 raw or $250.00 finished... I also sell fiberglass Hilborn style, Rat Rod 60s dragster style and a few others. ....
Thanks
Go Fast Fiberglass Baltimore & West Grove PA

OverKill
02-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Im interested in building the shotgun scoop if you guys can let me know who or how many wants them !!! It would definately help on set up cost as far as plug and mold work like the other guy spoke of but if i can get 5 or so of you interested in them i can get the cost down. Let me know what you guys want and if you want the same size of a little smaller or little bigger. Im thinkin flat base like the other scoop that i build that way you dont really have to spend all the money mentioned for mounting base and such. Dustin
Im In let me know how I can help.

OverKill
02-16-2007, 03:47 AM
DUECE'SDAD
I did some more thinking as to what I feel would look very unique. Check out (pro53) avitar. If you disgaurd to top peice and fab a Fiber Glass Shotgun air scoop to that, I think that would be what I'm looking for. Can you help??

pro53
02-16-2007, 05:01 AM
DUECE'SDAD
I did some more thinking as to what I feel would look very unique. Check out (pro53) avitar. If you disgaurd to top peice and fab a Fiber Glass Shotgun air scoop to that, I think that would be what I'm looking for. Can you help??
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/pro53/100_1227-1.jpg

Devilman
02-16-2007, 05:13 AM
C'mon George, try not to post such a big picture next time.... LOL :D

pro53
02-16-2007, 06:33 AM
;) C'mon George, try not to post such a big picture next time.... LOL :D
I am being conserative;)

tittyman
02-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Hay 41willyscoup...you said you make fiberglass shotgun scoops..please post some pics...sounds very interesting..also the Hilborn..

OverKill
02-16-2007, 06:36 PM
pro53
You gotta let me in on where you got your scoop.

OverKill
02-16-2007, 06:36 PM
pro53

mirrorimage
02-16-2007, 09:13 PM
ohhhh ohhhh i want one too :D

tittyman
02-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Still waiting for a photo of this fiberglass scoop that is a knock-off of the original shotgun scoop...I'm interested in buying one..also a link to your web site so I can see any additional scoops you might have..if no web site post the photos..

4trax
02-17-2007, 11:12 AM
pro53
www.up22.com
http://www.up22.com/scoopw2.htm#SC-150

mirrorimage
02-18-2007, 08:48 AM
im looking for a scoop like pro 53 for a friend. his needs to be retired and it would be a good b day present the one im looking for is an old can am style and im gonna get pictures today ...:)

jetboatperformance
02-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Our scoop builder/supplier "folded up" last month but the new guy should be on line PDQ. I Kind of like the Shot gun Idea myself and I'll run it by him . I'm personally looking for a "small footprint" mini pro stock type scoop for my cruiser most all like the Harwoods are way large if anybody has any Ideas Thanks in advance Tom
btw Bobby ,havent forgot about you ,still waiting for pics! George did ya get your parts??

pro53
02-19-2007, 05:23 AM
pro53
Got the scoop of ebay for 45.00 I think.It was a while back.I made my own scoop tray out of .125 aluminum.I had a buddy of mine paint it.He painted it for free.So actually I only have about 45.00 dollars in my scoop.If you bought every thing new and had it all done you proably would have around 500 or more in it?Hey Tom I got everything.
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/pro53/100_1227.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/pro53/100_1228.jpg

tittyman
02-20-2007, 10:06 AM
They guy who makes these fiberglass scoops asked me to post his pics for him..he said he gets $200 for them primed and ready to paint or $175 right out of the mold..

pro53
02-20-2007, 10:44 AM
those look nice, do they come with the carb to scoop base like in the picture?

tittyman
02-20-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm pretty sure they do..here is the guys email address..we need to get a phone number..
gofastfiberglass@comcast.net

41willyscoupe
04-05-2007, 12:13 AM
I dont know how many ways to say it.... I make the scoops, I have the molds.... the price are on this link.... Comes with what you see in the pics... Plain & Simple... thats it, and Thats That.. Done & Said.. Over and Out... Put Up or Leave me alone to make parts for the race car guys who spend the cash to have thier parts.... And to the man who posted my pics.... Thank you very much sir... Im only sorry that lots of these boat owners are very bright in the 2 + 2 = 4 Department.:confused:

Cs19
04-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Expect mad businees with an attitide like that Willy's.
:rolleyes:

IMPATIENT 1
04-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Expect mad businees with an attitide like that Willy's.
:rolleyes:
:D i was thinking the same thing

BigBlockOldsJet
04-05-2007, 09:35 AM
I dont know how many ways to say it.... I make the scoops, I have the molds.... the price are on this link.... Comes with what you see in the pics... Plain & Simple... thats it, and Thats That.. Done & Said.. Over and Out... Put Up or Leave me alone to make parts for the race car guys who spend the cash to have thier parts.... And to the man who posted my pics.... Thank you very much sir... Im only sorry that lots of these boat owners are very bright in the 2 + 2 = 4 Department.:confused:
English translation please

LGCDEVIL
04-05-2007, 12:12 PM
do you guys take cheks?

old rigger
04-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Yeah, us boat guys aren't none too bright in the 2 + 2 = 4 dept. Kinda like...well kinda like you I guess 41willys. See this is how it works...
you say (like you did above) " I have the molds.... the price are on this link". And most guys that would say that would actually POST A FOCKING LINK to their website so that you might be able to sell one of your scoops to the not so bright boaters.
See, it really is Plain and Simple.

jrork
04-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Yeah, us boat guys aren't none too bright in the 2 + 2 = 4 dept. Kinda like...well kinda like you I guess 41willys. See this is how it works...
you say (like you did above) " I have the molds.... the price are on this link". And most guys that would say that would actually POST A FOCKING LINK to their website so that you might be able to sell one of your scoops to the not so bright boaters.
Thats is just flat funny Rigger!
Don't know what the fiberglass ones go for but I just bite on a polished one from Speedway.......ouch that hurt the wallet bad!

4trax
04-05-2007, 03:01 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D