PDA

View Full Version : Carlsbad Raceway and Marty

riverroyal
12-09-2006, 06:12 PM
since the other thread has been tainted with drama.....I drove down Melrose today taking my boys mini golfing in Vista.Melrose goes directly through the old track.I slowed down and looked at the sections that are still there.It was just a weird moment,truely a sad week in motox.Please dont mess this thread up with drama like the other one,Thanks RR

W.O.T
12-09-2006, 06:19 PM
i miss the old track. i drove up there recently also just to see how it looked with all the new construction. lots of history there. i remeber getting rick johnsons autograph when he was racing out of a box van. times have changed.

SummitKarl
12-09-2006, 06:26 PM
since the other thread has been tainted with drama.....I drove down Melrose today taking my boys mini golfing in Vista.Melrose goes directly through the old track.I slowed down and looked at the sections that are still there.It was just a weird moment,truely a sad week in motox.Please dont mess this thread up with drama like the other one,Thanks RR
wish I could see it now, they were just starting to grade melrose when I moved away, spent some time with your parents today and just relaxed in the sunshine.
I remember being at the USGP Marty won. he was dicing it out with "To Tall" most of the race, it was Santa ana conditions and hot as hell in that valley, I came home with a sunburn that hurt for a week

riverroyal
12-09-2006, 06:29 PM
wish I could see it now, they were just starting to grade melrose when I moved away, spent some time with your parents today and just relaxed in the sunshine.
I remember being at the USGP Marty won. he was dicing it out with "To Tall" most of the race, it was Santa ana conditions and hot as hell in that valley, I came home with a sunburn that hurt for a week
with my dad,made me think about driving down melrose today.I miss the old drag strip and skatepark.

77charger
12-09-2006, 06:30 PM
I remember racin there almost 18 years ago was a fun track esp when they ran it backwards.The uphill part was the best IMO.

riverroyal
12-09-2006, 06:31 PM
I remember racin there almost 18 years ago was a fun track esp when they ran it backwards.The uphill part was the best IMO.
the uphill

SummitKarl
12-09-2006, 06:35 PM
with my dad,made me think about driving down melrose today.I miss the old drag strip and skatepark.
relive it the way I do....
go play the drag race game at
www.JBAracing.com

riverroyal
12-09-2006, 06:37 PM
that kicks ass!!! Its carlsbad,very cool,nice find

SummitKarl
12-09-2006, 06:39 PM
the uphill
rattle snake gultch was a favorite for me, the off camber drop off was a spine crusher on 4in travel 74 DT360:supp:
my first bike my first dog and Foxes Harbor is about 500ft to the right
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734dt360.jpg

JB in so cal
12-09-2006, 06:51 PM
I have skid marks in my shorts:hammerhea

Riverkid
12-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Funny you said that. We were working a job down by Palomar Airport on Friday and I drove through there too...:(

phebus
12-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Memries,
Like the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were :)

TOBTEK
12-09-2006, 07:03 PM
WAY bummer to see that table top jump down there when you go across melrose :(
miss the days my buddy got us in there mid week to ride. Was nice to ride 5 mins from the house. Remember my first 250cc race there, so much arm pump couldnt even hang on...was praying big time dropping off the down hill.
Royal....you meeting us up at Disneyland tomorrow?

SummitKarl
12-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Memries,
Like the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were :)
Skinny---in shape---and hair:mix:

77charger
12-09-2006, 07:17 PM
the uphill
aka the freeway

riverroyal
12-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Funny you said that. We were working a job down by Palomar Airport on Friday and I drove through there too...:(
I think I still owe you a beer or 2.Call me next time,Im 2 miles from that area

riverroyal
12-09-2006, 08:36 PM
WAY bummer to see that table top jump down there when you go across melrose :(
miss the days my buddy got us in there mid week to ride. Was nice to ride 5 mins from the house. Remember my first 250cc race there, so much arm pump couldnt even hang on...was praying big time dropping off the down hill.
Royal....you meeting us up at Disneyland tomorrow?
I dont think sooooooo,what time are you going?Leave you cell on,you never know what we will do....By the way its pourin rain right now

phebus
12-09-2006, 08:39 PM
By the way its pourin rain right now
:confused: :confused: :confused:

riverroyal
12-09-2006, 08:40 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:
it rains here,remember?

JB in so cal
12-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Don't be skeerd. It'll dry.

Riverkid