PDA

View Full Version : CNC head porting recommendations?

g935
12-10-2006, 10:34 AM
I have a set of Pro Topline heads that I am considering having them ported. Anybody have a recommendation for a shop? Website preferred. CA. preferred but not necessary. Thanks, Geoff

Moneypitt
12-10-2006, 08:56 PM
I have a set of Pro Topline heads that I am considering having them ported. Anybody have a recommendation for a shop? Website preferred. CA. preferred but not necessary. Thanks, Geoff
Were the heads offered with CNC porting? If so, send them back to the manufacturer, they are probably set up the best to finish the job they started. I'm not sure, but I think the tooling/set up would be the same and a different, longer, more precise program used to detail the heads a little further than the non CNC ported ones.........The set up involves the positioning of the material, either raw or roughly finished, for the final program to run..........MP

lilrick
12-11-2006, 06:38 AM
I hear good things about Juan Mendoza in Garden GRove, porting is primarily what he does.

don johnson
12-11-2006, 07:17 AM
If you have the 365's they flow, if memory serves me; 404 CFM at .700 stock and 414 at .700 CNC ported. The casting of those heads is real nice right out of the box.... May not be worth the efforts....
I run these heads on my blower motors and they work REAL good.

lilrick
12-11-2006, 08:51 AM
I just ordered a set of RHS 360's. I believe they bought Topline.

g935
12-11-2006, 08:56 AM
If you have the 365's they flow, if memory serves me; 404 CFM at .700 stock and 414 at .700 CNC ported. The casting of those heads is real nice right out of the box.... May not be worth the efforts....
I run these heads on my blower motors and they work REAL good.
I have the 320's. The printed flow numbers are 374@700 on the intake and 265@700 on the exhaust. I'm running a blown gas 468. The flow on the intake is OK. The flow on the exhaust could use a little help. I may be wrong. They might be fine. I'm not sure what gain I would get. I was just curious if someone had a program already in place for these heads and could tell me what flow rates they achieved. If they were a substantial improvement, I would have them done. If the gains were minimal, I'll leave them alone.
Geoff

gnRacer98
12-11-2006, 10:56 AM
I hear good things about Juan Mendoza in Garden GRove, porting is primarily what he does.
I'd be really, really careful of this guy.

gn7
12-11-2006, 04:04 PM
if your not to afraid, jump in there with a tootsie roll and clean up the valve pocket area, remember, that exhaust port is the same one they use on the 360 head with a 2.30 intake vlave, and if is good enough for the larger head it should flow just fine for the smaller one. Don't think that just because it's blown that you need a ton more exhaust port, what you may really need is a valve that opens a little sooner

g935
12-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the info. guys.
Geoff

HONDOG
12-12-2006, 12:52 AM
If you are looking for a central CA guy i recommend Wes King in Stockton. Great, work reasonable price, very knowledgable.( he was trained by Grumpy Jenkins many moons ago). Flowing heads is his only business. Does a lot of NHRA guys stuff.

ERV JR
12-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Call Eric @ Cfo Racing, They Have A Web Site And He Can Get Some Killer Numbers, He Does Alot Of Stuff For Psca Cars And Nhra Stock Elem, If The Cost Is Too Much Check With Juan As Stated Above. Oh Also Joe Sherman Does Really Good Work We Have A Set Of Heads For One Of The Race Cars There Now And His Prices Are In The Middle Of The Other Two Guys And Also Has A Web Site

469 the coyote
12-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Wes King is one bad ass mofo. Joey Grose does CNC porting and hand porting also. Wes does it all by hand.