PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Fastest Motorcycle..on Speed

Flyinbowtie
12-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Right now, on Speed Channel, is a documentary about the Motorcycle LSR record set at Bonneville set by the "Bub Special", with Chris Carr on the seat.
This bike was built right here in my little town, during some of the early tests of the engine on the dyno, I was there. The engine guru, Richard Farmer, owned a machine shop up here for years, and built my last hotrod Small Block.
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of talent, dedication and skill that exists in this peaceful little town in the Sierras.
Check it out. 350.884 two-way average.
And it has more. Lots more.

Fast Freddy
12-10-2006, 01:40 PM
i just got through watching that. much better than watching nascrap. so how much boost and HP was that streamliner putting out when he made those runs? i see that it was a V-4 with 3000 cc's.

shockwaveharry
12-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Not often you see grown men cry on a gearhead show...

cola
12-10-2006, 04:25 PM
That bike is at the Long Beach show this weekend. That motor is a work of art. 500 hp.
Late, Mike

Flyinbowtie
12-10-2006, 05:09 PM
It's awesome.
They really don't release HP numbers or boost info that are accurate, so I won't disrespect you by tossing out PR stuff.:D
If the "Bub" name sounds familiar to some of you guys, Dennis Manning is thc president of the company of the same name thay builds high-end motorcycle parts, primarily for the V-twin market.