PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody Else See A Probem With This Pic??

carreraelite
12-10-2006, 03:36 PM
http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/uploads/post-2-86602-Nordic_Regatta.jpg

Brian
12-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Nah, nothing a little natural selection won't take care of...
:D

Kilrtoy
12-10-2006, 03:41 PM
WHAT, that the boat is running, must have been before.. oh never mind

ratso
12-10-2006, 03:42 PM
It looks like about 9 people from Arkansas pooled their money together and bought a boat...

carreraelite
12-10-2006, 03:43 PM
It looks like about 9 people from Arkansas pooled their money together and bought a boat...
And we wonder why our Insurance rates are through the roof!!

Noisy Nova
12-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Looks OK to me.

carreraelite
12-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Looks OK to me.
I hope that's sarcasim!!

2forcefull
12-10-2006, 03:52 PM
ok I give up, whats the problem:confused:

Boatcop
12-10-2006, 03:52 PM
It says something.
It says..........
"Hey BoatCop! Pull me over!"

ratso
12-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Too many people!!!

Sleek-Jet
12-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Too many people!!!
And where are some of those people ridding??? :confused:

Tom Brown
12-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Hey..... is that KROOZIN doing a 100 mph run past copper canyon?
Also.... 5 guys and 4 girls is a little gay.

2forcefull
12-10-2006, 03:57 PM
It says something.
It says..........
Why?

ratso
12-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Why?
People on the back deck while underway and overloaded, but that's just a guess...

djunkie
12-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Not enough chicks on board. :D :D

Tom Brown
12-10-2006, 04:02 PM
People on the back deck while underway and overloaded, but that's just a guess...
If those sun deck riders were to fall off and become eviscerated by the propellers, that boat would be a lot less gay. :cool:

2forcefull
12-10-2006, 04:04 PM
OK, doubt that it's overloaded!!!!
it's 42' and I would bet yacht certified
[ the captain says how many on board]
now I guess a cop could pull them over cause
It looks like they are hav'n fun and make sure
that they have enough life vests

Havasu_Dreamin
12-10-2006, 04:06 PM
No. They'd get pulled over because they are above wakeless speed and have people sitting on the sundeck. Big NO NO.

anchorman
12-10-2006, 04:06 PM
too many fat chicks>? :confused:

2forcefull
12-10-2006, 04:07 PM
i thought you quit drinking :hammerhea :mix:
I did thats why i can see the picture,go back and look titties:supp:

ratso
12-10-2006, 04:08 PM
too many fat chicks>? :confused:
That SHOULD be against the law, but unfortunately it isn't...

2forcefull
12-10-2006, 04:09 PM
No. They'd get pulled over because they are above wakeless speed and have people sitting on the sundeck. Big NO NO.
what makes you think they are above wakeless speed?:confused:

Slacker
12-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Wheres the beer?

YeLLowBoaT
12-10-2006, 04:10 PM
It says something.
It says..........
LOL... I would bet the USCG would do a very good check to make sure they had every thing they were supose to... :hammerhea

2forcefull
12-10-2006, 04:10 PM
well???:confused:

Havasu_Dreamin
12-10-2006, 04:11 PM
what makes you think they are above wakeless speed?:confused:
Well, everyone's hair that is blowing in the wind, except for the bald guy, and the towel. But in case someone wants to say maybe it was just windy, how about all of the white water in the lower right corner of the picture in addition to being able to see the that the step is out of the water which would not be the case at idle. But hey, that's just a guess.....

2forcefull
12-10-2006, 04:11 PM
only problem I see is in the spelling!!!!:mix:

Sleek-Jet
12-10-2006, 04:12 PM
i'm trying to look for the sign that says ::: "we're going to rd's" :supp: :cry:
I bet it's on the towel the bald guy is laying on... :D

2forcefull
12-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Well, everyone's hair that is blowing in the wind, except for the bald guy, and the towel. But in case someone wants to say maybe it was just windy, how about all of the white water in the lower right corner of the picture in addition to being able to see the that the step is out of the water which would not be the case at idle. But hey, that's just a guess.....
good guess, but look at the seas, if that boat was on plane the two idots on the sun deck would be gone, or hang'n on for dear life
next,
the dudes hat would have done blowed off,
the chick with her hair blow'n the most is blow'n sideways from the chopper
the dudes hair on the front [next to the driver] is blown from the back of the boat to the front:confused:
the chicks hair on the passenger side aint blow'n at all

Tom Brown
12-10-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that's HH on the far side of the sun deck. :idea:

YeLLowBoaT
good guess, but look at the seas, if that boat was on plane the two idots on the sun deck would be gone, or hang'n on for dear life
next,
the dudes hat would have done blowed off,
the chick with her hair blow'n the most is blow'n sideways from the chopper
the dudes hair on the front [next to the driver] is blown from the back of the boat to the front:confused:
the chicks hair on the passenger side aint blow'n at all
so then why can we see 2 steps?

Havasu_Dreamin
so then why can we see 2 steps?
Exactly!

2forcefull
12-10-2006, 04:33 PM
I BET THEIR DOING AT LEAST 35-40 to fast to be on the back
if they were going 40, the hat would be gone, his shirt would be stuck to the front of him, the towel would not be blown side ways from the chopper,
So ladies and Gentelmen of the jury,
judging from this one picture,
and this one picture only,
can you make a guilty verdict?
I think not, and if you have doubt,
A not guilty verdict is the only verdict

Tom Brown
12-10-2006, 04:42 PM
if they were going 40, the hat would be gone,
No. I wear a hat and cruise at 60. The bill of the hat holds the hat on, as long as you don't look up.
his shirt would be stuck to the front of him,
No. Loose shirts tend to inflate and flap at speed.
Guilty. .... and I hold you in contempt.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-10-2006, 04:43 PM
HE HAS HIS head down and the girl is holding on to her viser(sp)
But it's from the wind from the chopper!!!!! Neverrmind that we can SEE both steps, well one completely and one partially, of the bottom of the boat.....

Havasu_Dreamin
12-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Guilty. .... and I hold you in contempt.
LMAO

wsuwrhr
12-10-2006, 04:46 PM
If those sun deck riders were to fall off and become eviscerated by the propellers, that boat would be a lot less gay. :cool:
Eviscerated...damn brown, now that is a definitive adjective.
The mental picture is ugly.
Brian

Boatcop
12-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Eviscerated...damn brown, now that is a definitive adjective.
The mental picture is ugly.
Brian
Trust me. The real thing is a whole lot worse than the mental picture.
Ask me how I know. :(

wsuwrhr
12-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Personally I don't see a single thing wrong with it. Two grown retarded men doing something that might get them hurt. I say go for it. The best lessions in life are the hardest learned.
I wish the lawmakers would quit making stupidity illegal and profitable at the same time.
Darwin's theory is becoming largely ineffective. It is very unfortunate.
Brian

Tom Brown
12-10-2006, 04:56 PM
One of the really positive things about having you and other LEOs on here is we get to hear the reasons for some of the rules we all have to follow. Sometimes it can come across that a LEO is tweaking us just for the sake of tweaking us. The reality seems to be that pretty much all the time, LEOs are trying to keep us from killing ourselves.
Thanks, Boatcop. :cool:

2forcefull
12-10-2006, 04:57 PM
have you ever been 40 mph in a boat?:D
Got up to 35 and the foc'n oar broke:cry:

Brian
12-10-2006, 04:57 PM
LMAO
Now Scott, you should stop using logic and careful analysis of obvious evidence in your arguments. It's not nice to pick on the slow kids.

OCMerrill
12-10-2006, 05:02 PM
It says something.
It says..........
So how many peices of paper is that? I think at least two full pens might be needed to complete the paperwork.
This my friends is what happens when money finds water and they have never before met a spent time together.
What a captain. :confused:

Havasu_Dreamin
12-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Now Scott, you should stop using logic and careful analysis of obvious evidence in your arguments. It's not nice to pick on the slow kids.
Damn me! What can I say, I'm just a Cal Poly grad.....:p

2forcefull
12-10-2006, 05:04 PM
now for what could happen picture, looks to me like he's giv'n just enough sticks to keep the bow up and with all that weight in the back your lucky not to see his props, all to get a cool picture:confused:
next, one little thing goes wrong, little too much sticks, big roller or what ever, heavy girl looses grip and , chop suey ,or chop mikey!!!:hammerhea

Boatcop
12-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Personally I don't see a single thing wrong with it. Two grown retarded men doing something that might get them hurt. I say go for it. The best lessions in life are the hardest learned.
I wish the lawmakers would quit making stupidity illegal and profitable at the same time.
Darwin's theory is becoming largely ineffective. It is very unfortunate.
Brian
Problem is, the buck doesn't stop when the idiots kill themselves. It follows their spouses, their kids, their parents, the insurance companies, other boaters, trial lawyers, etc.
Idiots (including the driver for allowing it) don't care how their actions can harm other people. At least not until the dude shows up with the lawsuit supeona.
One of the really positive things about having you and other LEOs on here is we get to hear the reasons for some of the rules we all have to follow. Sometimes it can come across that a LEO is tweaking us just for the sake of tweaking us. The reality seems to be that pretty much all the time, LEOs are trying to keep us from killing ourselves.
Thanks, Boatcop. :cool:
We really don't give a shiat about the individual idiot. They can jump off a cliff, as far as I'm concerned. I'll be right their scoring them for style points.
It's just that individual idiots have a way about taking innocent people with them.

YeLLowBoaT
12-10-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm still waiting for you to explain why we can see to steps....

Boatcop
12-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Damn me! What can I say, I'm just a Cal Poly grad.....:p
Repeat after me......
"You want fries with that?"

YeLLowBoaT
12-10-2006, 05:07 PM
It's just that individual idiots have a way about taking innocent people with them.
Sad, but its the truth.

2forcefull
12-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Hey, how did you know I was from San Luis Obispo?
anyway, I stand corrected:argue: still don't think they are going
40, maybe fix'n to, but not yet!!!!:argue:

wsuwrhr
12-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Read profitable.
It is just unfortunate that common sense loses ground in a courtroom.
Brian
Problem is, the buck doesn't stop when the idiots kill themselves. It follows their spouses, their kids, their parents, the insurance companies, other boaters, trial lawyers, etc.
Idiots (including the driver for allowing it) don't care how their actions can harm other people. At least not until the dude shows up with the lawsuit supeona.
We really don't give a shiat about the individual idiot. They can jump off a cliff, as far as I'm concerned. I'll be right their scoring them for style points.

carreraelite
12-10-2006, 05:27 PM
still don't think they are going
40, maybe fix'n to, but not yet!!!!:argue:
Maybe Hot Boat can tell us, since it's in their latest magazine.....

Havasu_Dreamin
12-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Repeat after me......
Alan, I said Cal Poly, not $c. :crossx:

2forcefull
12-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Maybe Hot Boat can tell us, since it's in their latest magazine.....
would that be feb.?

carreraelite
12-10-2006, 05:36 PM
would that be feb.?
January 2007.....Nordic Regatta.....

Boatcop
12-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Alan, I said Cal Poly, not $c. :crossx:
I knew it wasn't SC, Scott.
Otherwise all your checks and credit cards would have your Daddy's name on them.

2forcefull
12-10-2006, 05:39 PM
January 2007.....Nordic Regatta.....

Havasu_Dreamin
12-10-2006, 05:40 PM
I knew it wasn't SC, Scott.
Otherwise all your checks and credit cards would have your Daddy's name on them.
LMAO :p

Brian
12-10-2006, 06:10 PM
$C, that's funny! I almost went there. Had a decent scholarship (not full ride) but couldn't afford the balance. Cow-Pie was a good enough school, but should have been called Cal-Poly Diamond Bar. Pomona was over the hill and definitely the "wrong" side of the tracks!
SLO always seemed like a cool place to go to school, better more prestigious reputation than Pomona. It was kinda far from home for me though.
:cool:

IN2-IN2MX
12-10-2006, 06:19 PM
That SHOULD be against the law, but unfortunately it isn't...
Ayyyy! :hammerhea That's mean...funny, but mean. :) :) :)

2forcefull
12-10-2006, 06:24 PM
$C, that's funny! I almost went there. Had a decent scholarship (not full ride) but couldn't afford the balance. Cow-Pie was a good enough school, but should have been called Cal-Poly Diamond Bar. Pomona was over the hill and definitely the "wrong" side of the tracks!
SLO always seemed like a cool place to go to school, better more prestigious reputation than Pomona. It was kinda far from home for me though.
Only one thing kept me out of cal-poly
High School!!!

Brian
12-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Repeat after me......
Can you translate that in Hindi for me please?

Devil's Advocate
12-10-2006, 06:40 PM
I'd have to agree.

Firecracker
12-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Well that is a 42 foot boat, and for the two steps to be showing like that, I would think it was safe to say that they had to be moving along pretty good.

Brian
12-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Only one thing kept me out of cal-poly
High School!!!
:D :D :D

2forcefull
12-10-2006, 07:08 PM
well I can't believe not one of the peeps in the boat got my back!!!
guess they all are idgets:hammerhea

Riomouse911
12-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Other than the folks on the sun pad while motoring.. I see NO shocker being thrown... That's like the fine in a construction zone.. double penalty!:hammerhea

carreraelite
12-10-2006, 07:53 PM
I see NO shocker being thrown...
In the front, right next to the driver.....

Nord
12-10-2006, 07:55 PM
I see the problem..........There is an IC at the end of NORD on that boat!
I do see a little spray coming off of the passenger side rear so it might be moving..........hmmmmmmmmmm.
~NORD~

carreraelite
12-10-2006, 08:15 PM
How about "These Idiots are dumb sumbitches"

Hardly Satisfied
12-10-2006, 08:17 PM
It says something.
It says..........
I agree, do they have enough life jackets

OCMerrill
12-10-2006, 08:56 PM
This thread looks to be GAY as well.
I WOULD NEVER let any guy lay on my (if I had one) sun pad like that. That is reserved for nice female booty only...this should be a MAN LAW.
There is no way any of this can be blamed on the passengers. The guy in the red cap is an ass. Look at him checkin his gauges or whatever. Hey dipshit how are those twins running?

Jyruiz
12-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Yeah, he needs a bigger boat to fit all those people inside of it.:D

73kona455
12-10-2006, 09:16 PM
i thought they might be from texas..........

carreraelite
12-11-2006, 07:31 AM
They are probably from Cal......

Howie Feltersnatch
12-11-2006, 08:36 AM
It says something.
It says..........
HAHAHA!

Kachina 34
12-11-2006, 08:53 AM
It says something.
It says..........
What doesn’t say, “Hey BoatCop! Pull me over” ?

Ziggy
12-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Well that is a 42 foot boat, and for the two steps to be showing like that, I would think it was safe to say that they had to be moving along pretty good.
When doing these running shots they tell you to go about 50 so the Heli can run with you and get optimal shots of your boat.
I'm on page 82 of last months HB mag, running 50 with everyone(4) in seats. These guys are asking for some trauma :(

Wheeler
12-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Good point! and welcome, to the "New Nazi State of America"

Kachina26
12-11-2006, 09:57 AM
Lot of boat out of the water for just idling.....
http://jtinc.com/NORDIC_06/RUN%202/images/NOR06_RS_0270.jpg
I can also see the rpm gauge is up there a ways, and the speedo looks to be a little under the half way point. I'm guessing at least 40. Anyone who doesn't think this is unsafe is just plain.... aw nevermind, they wouldn't get it.

Nord
12-11-2006, 10:04 AM
I knew I saw some spray........
How dumb does everyone feel after they argued the speed lol!!!!!
Hey Boatcop, I think this thread really showed love for the LEO's eh??

mxbundy
12-11-2006, 10:06 AM
I for one want to know what the actual statutes are for riding on the swim/sun deck.
I know that I should know them but I dont.
Now, with that being said I think that it is way more dangerous to be on the sun deck at trollin/docking speed than when the boat is on plane. It is simple phyisics that says that it would be pretty hard to fall off the back of a boat going at planing speeds and end up in the prop. In the time that it takes you to actually hit the water the boat has moved several feet, thus moving the props out of harms way. This is not counting that most boats have the props buried up underneath a built in swim step which moves them a couple feet under the point where you would actually be falling from.
Now at docking speeds you can see that it would be easy to end up in the prop, probably from just the act of trying to catch yourself. But if the boat was moving forward and you fell backwords off the back, still unlikely you would end up on the prop.
Now falling off the bow and getting keel hauled is a different story all together.
But I for one am a non pc thinker in that I feel that we live in a world where no one is responsible for our own behavior. I do not feel that we as a nation should be spending tax dollars in having a police force that for the most part are now safety inspectors instead of catching real criminals. Running around like worrisome mothers chasing after their snot nosed little kids.
Just like the helmet issue with motorcycles, I feel that as an adult I should be able to make my own choice as to wether I wear one or not ( although I allways do ) same with seat belts, I started driving way before there was a law enforcing seat belts in any state, that is how I learned to drive and that is how I am comfortable driving so I rarely drive with one. Once again as an ADULT I feel that it is my choice to wear one.

RiverDave
12-11-2006, 10:23 AM
MXBundy, I too am curious as to what the laws actually say about riding up there while the boat is on plane? I thought Honcho got pulled over for it back in the day and ticketed and ended up winning the case by bringing in evidence that boats were designed to have people up there or something to that effect? I think there's suppose to be grab rails or something though?
As far as the theory on the props.. I disagree with what you said. If you were riding on the boat, and you fell off the back of the boat, then your travelling at the same speed as the boat. At what point does the boat move forward and away from you? Only after you've hit the water and began slowing down. The question is would you get tangled up in a prop at speed? Probably not, if anything you'd bounce off the top of the outdrive and then out and away from the boat. If your hand ended up going in you might catch it which would suck in the 10's.
The reality of it is though, hitting the water even at 40mph without a life jacket on knocks the wind out of you pretty good.. I'd be more concerned about drowning then anything. It can happen pretty quick if your struggling to breath.
RD <---- gotta get back to writing my Trident review now.

OCMerrill
12-11-2006, 10:29 AM
I for one want to know what the actual statutes are for riding on the swim/sun deck.
I know that I should know them but I dont.
Basically you need to be inside the boat (no sitting on the bow or sunpad for example) above wake-less speed. Basically when underway there better be a seat for and with your butt in it. Its a common sense thing but peeps get caught up in the moment.
Boatcop will school you here soon I would think.
You can also ask him on his own site at Boatcop.com.

Nord
12-11-2006, 10:35 AM
I've seen people get pulled over in the channel and no wake area by the rock bar get pulled over the same reason. Isn't that a wakeless speed??? I'm confused. I thought people couldn't sit back there at all when the boat was running.
ALAN!!!!!!

Jordy
12-11-2006, 10:37 AM
I've seen people get pulled over in the channel and no wake area by the rock bar get pulled over the same reason. Isn't that a wakeless speed??? I'm confused. I thought people couldn't sit back there at all when the boat was running.
ALAN!!!!!!
I'm sure RD remembers the time we got rolled in the Nordic by SBSO when the girls were up on the gunwales for about 1/2 of a second to take off their shorts and coverups. Good old "safety check" time. :notam:

OCMerrill
12-11-2006, 10:41 AM
ALAN!!!!!!
Now you got me second guessing. :confused:

PHOTOGLOU
12-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Do you guys realize this is Randy Davis....... The RPMS look to be at about 2500 and in a 42' boat they don't move fast at 2500 RPMS...... Not saying it is legal just he is a VERY experianced boater..... BTW guy on the back of the boat is Gordon from Paul Pfaff racing......

Jordy
12-11-2006, 10:43 AM
BTW guy on the back of the boat is Gordon from Paul Pfaff racing......
He looks too tall to be Gorgy. :hammerhea
Other than that, what you're saying is that it's a bunch of people who should know better??? :confused:
Oh, and as I recall, there is/was some kind of verbage in the law that stated if there was a railing around the sides and back of the pad, it was legal. Still not something I'd want to be a part of though. ;)

mxbundy
12-11-2006, 10:46 AM
RD,
I know what you are thinking, but unlike the preverbial bug in your car, you have outside forces at work in your boat. The main one being the wind that is blowing everyone around in the picture. That wind is in effect exerting pressure to move you in the opposite direction of travel. Once you no longer have a physical conection with the boat, your body will start to slow signifacantly. Now I dont have all the specs of as to how many feet per second a body in motion is moving at any given speed, but I think that you can visualize that even a loss of a fraction of an mph will move the boat out from under you before you hit the water.Were only talking a couple of feet here. Obviously the slower you are going the less of an effect this has on everything.
Several people made mention of the fact that the drivers hat should have blown off. Well what happens when a hat gets blown off it goes flying.
This same thing will affect a body falling off the back of a boat, although because of the added mass its affects are less evident. One other effect would be that the water itself once anypart of you made contact would try to drag you off the boat, once again in the opposite direction of travel.
Hitting the water at speed is another thing altogether.
But I have tossed myself off my seadoo doing stupid things going probably
50ish and just skipped like a stone.
By the way let me take this opportunity to say for the first time RD SUX!:)

PHOTOGLOU
12-11-2006, 10:46 AM
He looks too tall to be Gorgy. :hammerhea
Other than that, what you're saying is that it's a bunch of people who should know better??? :confused:
Oh, and as I recall, there is/was some kind of verbage in the law that stated if there was a railing around the sides and back of the pad, it was legal. Still not something I'd want to be a part of though. ;)
Put down the beer and pick up your glasses.......

Jordy
12-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Put down the beer and pick up your glasses.......
My beer is in a glass!!! :D :D :D

RiverDave
12-11-2006, 10:50 AM
RD,
I know what you are thinking, but unlike the preverbial bug in your car, you have outside forces at work in your boat. The main one being the wind that is blowing everyone around in the picture. That wind is in effect exerting pressure to move you in the opposite direction of travel. Once you no longer have a physical conection with the boat, your body will start to slow signifacantly. Now I dont have all the specs of as to how many feet per second a body in motion is moving at any given speed, but I think that you can visualize that even a loss of a fraction of an mph will move the boat out from under you before you hit the water.Were only talking a couple of feet here. Obviously the slower you are going the less of an effect this has on everything.
Several people made mention of the fact that the drivers hat should have blown off. Well what happens when a hat gets blown off it goes flying.
This same thing will affect a body falling off the back of a boat, although because of the added mass its affects are less evident. One other effect would be that the water itself once anypart of you made contact would try to drag you off the boat, once again in the opposite direction of travel.
Hitting the water at speed is another thing altogether.
But I have tossed myself off my seadoo doing stupid things going probably
50ish and just skipped like a stone.
By the way let me take this opportunity to say for the first time RD SUX!:)
Wind isn't going to make that much of a difference. A hat in itself is light and acts as a parachute. If you stand in the middle of a boat run it 40 mph and then jump up and down your gonna land in the same spot on the floor.. It's not like you jump up, and then the wind carries you up and off the back of the boat.
RD

mxbundy
12-11-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm sure RD remembers the time we got rolled in the Nordic by SBSO when the girls were up on the gunwales for about 1/2 of a second to take off their shorts and coverups. Good old "safety check" time.
My point excatly, is it truly against the law, or just another opportunity for the man to harrass you. Is the law different for fishing boats? Most of them you stand up and drive, troll of the back etc. when in motion?

Sleek-Jet
12-11-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm sure RD remembers the time we got rolled in the Nordic by SBSO when the girls were up on the gunwales for about 1/2 of a second to take off their shorts and coverups. Good old "safety check" time.
My point excatly, is it truly against the law, or just another opportunity for the man to harrass you. Is the law different for fishing boats? Most of them you stand up and drive, troll of the back etc. when in motion?
I'm pretty sure the law says you have to be in the boat above wakeless speed... the sun-pad and on top of the rear bench seat don't count as "in the boat"...
I'll see if I can find the statute...

mxbundy
12-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Wind isn't going to make that much of a difference. A hat in itself is light and acts as a parachute. If you stand in the middle of a boat run it 40 mph and then jump up and down your gonna land in the same spot on the floor.. It's not like you jump up, and then the wind carries you up and off the back of the boat.
RD
Okay, I propose we settle this the manly way.
You bring the beer and I`ll smoke the Tri-tip and bring Patron and we can settle this once and for all by doing a few "scientific" tests!:idea: But only after a few shots!

Sleek-Jet
12-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Right from the AZ dept of Game and Fish website...
A person shall not operate a watercraft while allowing
a person to ride on the gunwales, transom, or
the decked-over bow of a watercraft propelled by
machinery operating in excess of wakeless speed.

Boatcop
12-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Every State and the Federal Govt. have laws/regulations that prohibit "Careless, Reckless, or Negligent" operation of a watercraft.
Loosely defined, that means any operation of a boat that can cause injury to persons or damage to property.
No one can argue that there is potential for someone to fall off the back of the boat in this particular situation. Getting blenderized by the prop aside, drowning/falls overboard is the leading cause of deaths on recreational boats.
There would be no way to specify each and every way that people kill themselves on boats. The law books would be bigger than the King James Bible, so the "careless, reckless, negligent" is a cover-all that we, as law enforcement, must articulate to get such a charge to stick.
Is there a specific law that says you can't ride on the roof, hood or trunk lid of a car? I don't know of any, but you sure as hell would get pulled over for doing it.
It's true that Honcho got out of a ticket for a similar action, but only because the Officer wasn't prepared to articulate in court his position. He knew it was wrong, but couldn't say why. The Judge can only rule on the evidence/testimony before him, and the Officer brought nothing to testify to.

Boatcop
12-11-2006, 11:35 AM
To further illustrate the point, here's an article that loosely applies to the discussion. Namely, riding on part of a vehicle not intended for passengers at all speeds.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Nextel Cup champion Jimmie Johnson broke his left wrist when he fell off a golf cart during a celebrity tournament, his team said Sunday.
The injury occurred Friday at a tournament in Lecanto, Fla., and will prevent him from driving for at least four weeks. The injury was to his non-shifting hand, and he should be able to participate in preseason testing at Daytona International Speedway next month.
"I was in a golf cart and the driver took a sharp turn," Johnson said in a statement. "I wasn't holding on tight enough, landed awkwardly on the ground and heard a little pop. It was a fluke deal, but fortunately we're in the offseason and I don't plan to miss any additional time."
The Citrus County Chronicle reported that Johnson was laying on the roof of the cart when he fell.
:hammerhea
Were any specific laws broken? Probably not. But it's obvious that riding on the roof of a golf cart can cause injuries.
Our jobs as Boating SAFETY Enforcement Officers, is to enforce laws and safe boating practices to prevent accidents and injuries.
Everyone who is injured in a boating mishap has the potential to be an insurance claim/lawsuit. That affects every one of us, as boaters, in the way of increased insurance costs. So the notion that things like this don't effect anyone but the idiot doing it, isn't a valid argument.

carreraelite
12-11-2006, 12:39 PM
The Citrus County Chronicle reported that Johnson was laying on the roof of the cart when he fell.
Maybe he was tired?? :sleeping: :hammerhea :hammerhea

Nord
12-11-2006, 12:47 PM
So the boat acts like a treadmill, but there is wind............

carreraelite
12-11-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm having a tough time beleaving there are people out there that call themselves "Boaters" that don't see the potential for a problem here, and think that riding like this is alright!! :hammerhea :hammerhea

H2oracer
12-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Whats wrong with the picture is the chick with the beard.

ZBODaytona
12-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Something similar was shown on the Jaxsonville poker run video this year. I guess to justify the riders and drivers prespective they said the driver tied a rope across the front seat grab rails giving the riders something to hold on, guess they said that to cover themselves from showing stuff like this on video. Well atleast they made a point to actually tell you why they were doing it, atleast that was better than nothing at all I guess!!!! I still think it is sketchy and it isn't allowed on my boat while on up and running, plus i don't need to be stopped makes the day longer.

moneypit
12-11-2006, 01:20 PM
[/COLOR]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/84yokopink3mt.gif http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/84woohooboobs.gif
Carry On

UnionJack
12-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Nah, nothing a little natural selection won't take care of...
Awesome

Ultracrazy
12-11-2006, 01:37 PM
if they were going 40, the hat would be gone, his shirt would be stuck to the front of him, the towel would not be blown side ways from the chopper,
Guilty

Sanger77
12-11-2006, 01:51 PM
I only see one "Dumb Ass" - :hammerhea
or hopefully just a moment of ego overload.
I hope the driver has a lot of money to cover the difference of the limits of his boat owners medical and liability insurance coverage. A lawyer would have field day if there was an accident.
Sanger77

RiverDave
12-11-2006, 01:57 PM
If what photoglue put up is true, then that is Randy Davis, the new owner of Nordic (which would make sense becuase the 42 Inferno just came out recently), and Gordon Jennings (K-Boat guy) on the engine hatch..
Randy has more then enough money incidentally, and to be honest is concerned by many to be an icon in the marine industry. Gordon Jennings is also a sort of icon in the circle boat community. Neither one of them are exactly "newbies" when it comes to powerboating. Point in fact either one of them probably runs faster, harder, and more often then... Well pretty much everyone on here.
I'm not making an excuse for the picture, just stating that I'm sure they were well aware of what they were doing when they decided to do it. Why they were doing it is a little beyond me, but I'm not one to critisize someone (either one) that arguably has forgotten more about our little hobby then I'll ever know.
RD

FlatStupid
12-11-2006, 02:09 PM
RD you are a real beauty you will counterpoint any position. LOL I think Saddam needs a good attorney and I'm sure there was a perfectly logical reason for gassing those Kurds!

carreraelite
12-11-2006, 02:17 PM
If what photoglue put up is true, then that is Randy Davis, the new owner of Nordic (which would make sense becuase the 42 Inferno just came out recently), and Gordon Jennings (K-Boat guy) on the engine hatch..
Randy has more then enough money incidentally, and to be honest is concerned by many to be an icon in the marine industry. Gordon Jennings is also a sort of icon in the circle boat community. Neither one of them are exactly "newbies" when it comes to powerboating. Point in fact either one of them probably runs faster, harder, and more often then... Well pretty much everyone on here.
I'm not making an excuse for the picture, just stating that I'm sure they were well aware of what they were doing when they decided to do it. Why they were doing it is a little beyond me, but I'm not one to critisize someone (either one) that arguably has forgotten more about our little hobby then I'll ever know.
RD
EGOS!! :hammerhea

PHOTOGLOU
12-11-2006, 02:24 PM
RD
Hey RD...... Photoglue is spelled Photoglou

Boatcop
12-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Why they were doing it is a little beyond me, but I'm not one to critisize someone (either one) that arguably has forgotten more about our little hobby then I'll ever know.
Someone owning a boat for 30 or 50 years, owning a boat shop, racing boats, working on boats, etc. doesn't mean they know everything about boating, or the rules that go with it.
A long time boater, shop owner and, as a matter of fact, writes a tech column for the magazine that sponsors this forum (yes, there actually is a magazine) attended a class I taught a few years ago. After it was done he told me he learned a few things he hadn't know before.
Just because someone's been doing something for years doesn't mean they've been doing it right.

Jordy
12-11-2006, 02:26 PM
RD you are a real beauty you will counterpoint any position.
RD SUX!!! :D :D :D

RiverDave
12-11-2006, 02:27 PM
RD you are a real beauty you will counterpoint any position. LOL I think Saddam needs a good attorney and I'm sure there was a perfectly logical reason for gassing those Kurds!
I didn't counterpoint it, I just simply said I'm not going to critisize them. Their grown adults and their not exactly new to the scene of boating so they make their own decisions and I'm not going to judge them (or start throwing personal insults at them) over this particular picture.
RD

RiverDave
12-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Hey RD...... Photoglue is spelled Photoglou
My apollogies.
RD

carreraelite
12-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Just because someone's been doing something for years doesn't mean they've been doing it right.
An HTM accident comes to mind....

RiverDave
12-11-2006, 02:32 PM
Someone owning a boat for 30 or 50 years, owning a boat shop, racing boats, working on boats, etc. doesn't mean they know everything about boating, or the rules that go with it.
A long time boater, shop owner and, as a matter of fact, writes a tech column for the magazine that sponsors this forum (yes, there actually is a magazine) attended a class I taught a few years ago. After it was done he told me he learned a few things he hadn't know before.
I would agree with that.. but when it comes time to get into that trophy truck, who are you going to get into it with? Robby Gordon, or the guy that gives you the driving test down at the DMV? ;) He may not be obeying all the traffic laws, but the boy can drive.. LOL These two are basically like that when it comes to boating. So again while it may not be smart, and may not be legal, I'll reserve judgement based on the fact they have far more experience then me with regards to the subject matter at hand..
RD

Sanger77
12-11-2006, 02:44 PM
RD,
I think most of us have had a moment of being a "Dumb Ass" - :hammerhea
I know I have, and looked back later and thought what was I thinking about when I did that. I was just lucky there was no camera or video around. So being a “Dumb Ass” is not always a personal insult – just a moment in time. I think the driver was having one of those momentary lapses of judgment and the demon that enforces Murphy’s Law was elsewhere.
Sanger77

carreraelite
12-11-2006, 02:49 PM
RD,
I think most of us have had a moment of being a "Dumb Ass" - :hammerhea
I know I have, and looked back later and thought what was I thinking about when I did that. I was just lucky there was no camera or video around. So being a “Dumb Ass” is not always a personal insult – just a moment in time. I think the driver was having one of those momentary lapses of judgment and the demon that enforces Murphy’s Law was elsewhere.
Sanger77
That's an honest and true answer!!

ratso
12-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Last year, if any of you remember, my nephew and two friends were out on my Stryker. The two passengers were sitting on the back deck with their feet resting on the back bench seat. They and witnesses said they were only running about 40 to 45 mph and hit a couple of wakes that threw the boat one way and then the other rapidly. Both of our friends riding on the back deck were thrown overboard. Bryans body was recovered about 5 days later...

wsuwrhr
12-11-2006, 04:35 PM
You got to love that.
Brian

Ziggy
12-11-2006, 04:40 PM
To me the biggest no-no about this whole thing is that HB printed this for all the dumbasses to try to imulate. They should be promoting safe boating rather than promoting poor choices by boaters, many of which are(as I like to call them) Monkey see-monkey do's.

73beast
12-11-2006, 04:47 PM
is the guy in the front tossn out a SHOCKER?
Actually it looks like he's showing the Texas Longhorn's salute..

Nord
12-11-2006, 05:42 PM
To me the biggest no-no about this whole thing is that HB printed this for all the dumbasses to try to imulate. They should be promoting safe boating rather than promoting poor choices by boaters, many of which are(as I like to call them) Monkey see-monkey do's.
Very good point here.

Havasu Doug
12-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Very good point here.
Bored tonight are we Nord? :)

Nord
12-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Bored tonight are we Nord? :)
oops...:)

Angry Inch
12-11-2006, 06:05 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/eek5chyper.gif

Havasu Doug
12-11-2006, 06:08 PM
I agree with you though. Ziggy did have a very good point. :)

Ziggy
12-11-2006, 06:10 PM
I agree with you though. Ziggy did have a very good point. :)
LOL...my point shows more now that my hair is thinning on top :D :D
Thanks Doug, Nord.

2forcefull
12-11-2006, 06:17 PM
I can also see the rpm gauge is up there a ways, and the speedo looks to be a little under the half way point. I'm guessing at least 40. Anyone who doesn't think this is unsafe is just plain.... aw nevermind, they wouldn't get it.
the proof is in the pudding there cowboy, where's the foc'n hat?????

carreraelite
12-11-2006, 06:19 PM
My point has been showing for several years now!! :p

carreraelite
12-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Maybe the guy in the back caught it.....

carreraelite
12-11-2006, 06:22 PM
The hat isn't really the point. It you look, You can clearly see the boat is on plane, and the people are still laying on the engine cover and on the back or the rear seat. Not too smart!!

2forcefull
12-11-2006, 06:27 PM
and how come you don't see two steps now, and also
went out in the arctic cat, no wind, between 23 and 27mph my hat flew off

2forcefull
12-11-2006, 06:31 PM
The hat isn't really the point. It you look, You can clearly see the boat is on plane, and the people are still laying on the engine cover and on the back or the rear seat. Not too smart!!
I know, I know, I was wrong!!!
just try'n to be a little bit right!!!!

Nord
12-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Same place as your glasses Chief dirty butt from the never wipe tribe.........;);)
:):)
~NORD~

Never Too Old
12-11-2006, 07:53 PM
There is a difference between 10 years experience and 1 year's experience 10 times.

Kachina26
12-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Underdeveloped cranium?

carreraelite
12-12-2006, 12:09 AM
Make the hat smaller next time!!:hammerhea

Noisy Nova
12-12-2006, 06:24 AM
I hope that's sarcasim!!
Yes, of course. On the other hand, one could say, 'it looks normal, see it all the time', but you won't get me on the sun pad while underway.:wink:

the real k-boat king
12-12-2006, 06:31 AM
Yes, of course. On the other hand, one could say, 'it looks normal, see it all the time', but you won't get me on the sun pad while underway.:wink:don't you people have any thing better to do than pick on other people, if you would take all this negative energy and turn it into something positive the world would be a better place but i can see thats to hard for some people.

FlatStupid
12-12-2006, 07:36 AM
don't you people have any thing better to do than pick on other people, if you would take all this negative energy and turn it into something positive the world would be a better place but i can see thats to hard for some people.That some pretty touchy feely cosmic energy stuff there King. I didnt know you had it in you!

Jetboatguru
12-12-2006, 07:37 AM
He is a house of fire these days!

carreraelite
12-12-2006, 11:10 AM
don't you people have any thing better to do than pick on other people, if you would take all this negative energy and turn it into something positive the world would be a better place but i can see thats to hard for some people.
If a picture wasn't published in a national magazine, that's supposed to be supporting safe boating, that is showing people being unsafe on a boat, it would make it alot harder to place the negative energy......

Nord
12-12-2006, 11:49 AM
don't you people have any thing better to do than pick on other people, if you would take all this negative energy and turn it into something positive the world would be a better place but i can see thats to hard for some people.
I got picked on, there for, I picked back :) I "cowboy" never found this pudding that the proof was located in;). I never go out of my way to pick on anyone except for the Closet gay guy who owns the boat I want..........you know who you are gaybob, but you got the wrong colors :)
Peace out!!
~NORD~

REAL HP
12-12-2006, 12:48 PM
YA!! Like say how to mount a stripper pole to that bitch and really get it done!! Gordy and Dennis on the pole, I can see it now.

rrrr
12-12-2006, 12:59 PM
:D :D
Written in the Kim Hanson style, eh? :hammerhea
I got picked on, there for, I picked back :) I "cowboy" never found this pudding that the proof was located in;). I never go out of my way to pick on anyone except for the Closet gay guy who owns the boat I want..........you know who you are gaybob, but you got the wrong colors :)
Peace out!!
~NORD~

PHOTOGLOU
12-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Bench Racers...... Bench Racers...... Come on over and get it............

superdave013
12-12-2006, 01:23 PM
cute pic of ya there Gordy. lol :)
Carry on

eliminatedsprinter
12-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Riding on the aft sunpad while underway (on a towel no less) is pretty stupid. Even if the boat is moving slowly.
The movement of the hair and the spray seen in the pic make it look like it might be moving along at a speed that makes sitting there almost asking to become victims of natural selection.

2forcefull
12-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Riding on the aft sunpad while underway (on a towel no less) is pretty stupid. Even if the boat is moving slowly.
The movement of the hair and the spray seen in the pic make it look like it might be moving along at a speed that makes sitting there almost asking to become victims of natural selection.
No $hit!!!

2forcefull
12-12-2006, 05:49 PM
you're freek'n kidding right:confused:
you just read 152 posts about two guys lay'n close to each other on the same swim deck, with everyone:argue: over how fast they are going and whats going happen when they get off,:cry: :cry: :cry:

2forcefull
12-12-2006, 05:52 PM
who got pick'd on:confused: :confused: :confused:

Nord
12-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Bench Racers...... Bench Racers...... Come on over and get it............
who got pick'd on:confused: :confused: :confused:
Come on........nobody is getting picked on. Just thin skinned people around here this time of year. Give it a couple months, they'll get there sense of humor back :)
~NORD~

2forcefull
12-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Same place as your glasses Chief dirty butt from the never wipe tribe.........;);)
:):)
~NORD~
dam nord, you stuck your head so far up my as$ you can see the top of my head?:confused: must be a smoke and mirror trick:hammerhea

Nord
12-12-2006, 06:05 PM
dam nord, you stuck your head so far up my as$ you can see the top of my head?:confused: must be a smoke and mirror trick:hammerhea
lol, see, you still have a sense of humor!!!! Even though you were wrong........bwahahahahaha:hammer2:

2forcefull
12-12-2006, 06:06 PM
After further review, My client would like to with draw his not guilty plea, and enter a guilty plea:(

2forcefull
12-12-2006, 06:07 PM
lol, see, you still have a sense of humor!!!! Even though you were wrong........bwahahahahaha:hammer2:
I've been wrong so many times they owe me a right:hammerhea

2forcefull
12-12-2006, 06:11 PM
ok i just spit beer all over:cry: :)
dam Titties and beerbelly, quit waist'n the beer,
oh well at least none got on your shoes!!!
I made a funny thar:rolleyes:

Boatcop
12-12-2006, 06:16 PM
I've been wrong so many times they owe me a right:hammerhea
You want rights?
OK.
You have the right to remain slient.
You have the right to an attorney.
You have the right to have the attorney present during questioning.
Any questions? (wait, let me check with my lawyer before I answer)

2forcefull
12-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Four things make a man do stupid things;
#1 drugs
#2 alchol
#3 women
#4 a camera
:hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

2forcefull
12-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Four things make a man do stupid things;
#1 drugs
#2 alchol
#3 women
#4 a camera
:hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

2forcefull
12-12-2006, 06:22 PM
You want rights?
OK.
You have the right to remain slient.
You have the right to an attorney.
You have the right to have the attorney present during questioning.
Any questions? (wait, let me check with my lawyer before I answer)
Hey wait , can't we just talk this over a couple dozen donuts

2forcefull
12-12-2006, 06:24 PM
your not going to get it here:hammerhea :cry: :)
Dam Titties , you're right again:cry:

Brian
12-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Noone at HB (they have a mag?) paying attention or smart enough to pull that photo before printing? Say it isn't so!

carreraelite
12-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Potential Darwin Award Winners......:hammerhea :hammerhea

2forcefull
12-13-2006, 05:51 AM
Potential Darwin Award Winners......:hammerhea :hammerhea
yeah what he said:hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

cap'n chuy
12-13-2006, 06:42 AM
dang its so early!! what do you have insomnia??:hammerhea

carreraelite
12-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Not yet!! :sleeping: :sleeping:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-13-2006, 12:26 PM
I just simply said I'm not going to critisize them. Their grown adults and their not exactly new to the scene of boating so they make their own decisions and I'm not going to judge them (or start throwing personal insults at them) over this particular picture.
RD
Well said Dave...:cool:

2forcefull
12-13-2006, 01:55 PM
don't pet the sweaty things??? bet you learned that the first week of work:p :p
now for me . the wetter the better, thats why they make the sheets so big,
[we call them table cloths at my house] :p :p :p :jawdrop:

carreraelite
12-13-2006, 08:11 PM
I didn't counterpoint it, I just simply said I'm not going to critisize them. Their grown adults and their not exactly new to the scene of boating so they make their own decisions and I'm not going to judge them (or start throwing personal insults at them) over this particular picture.
RD
So since they "aren't new to the boating scene" and you know them that makes it alright?? Come on Dave, tell me that you can look at either on of those pics and say that's safe.....

TBONE1904
04-12-2007, 11:36 PM
One question one opinion. Number one question: Someone asked about how you can see two steps, can someone enlighten us. I don't see any steps.
Number one opinion: I am a drag racer, have my NHRA license, and understand why the rules are there an why I follow them. However if we were talking about a Hot Rod, guess what I would exceed the rules of the NHRA to make a magazine shot. I will even go further to comment about true friends. Old school laws of buisness read "All things equal i would rather work with my friends". The point is that picture holds allot of high dollar people who make there living from boating, what better way to showcase then ***boat, not to mention the forums!

OCMerrill
04-13-2007, 05:38 AM
One question one opinion. Number one question: Someone asked about how you can see two steps, can someone enlighten us. I don't see any steps.
Number one opinion: I am a drag racer, have my NHRA license, and understand why the rules are there an why I follow them. However if we were talking about a Hot Rod, guess what I would exceed the rules of the NHRA to make a magazine shot. I will even go further to comment about true friends. Old school laws of buisness read "All things equal i would rather work with my friends". The point is that picture holds allot of high dollar people who make there living from boating, what better way to showcase then ***boat, not to mention the forums!
Well if they were looking for some press by showing us boaters that the boat "creators" think this is just a cool thing to do....then they got 188 replys on ***boat.