But congratulations.
Even if it is a Ford.
Brian

Wicked Performance Boats
12-10-2006, 08:09 PM
You can buy all kinds of trick shit for that!!! Merry Xmas Scott. Pat

wsuwrhr
12-10-2006, 08:12 PM
I friend rented the Hertz Cobra Mustang for the weekend.
I didn't ask what the liability insurance costs.
I can't imagine how they can afford to keep tires on those Mustangs.
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-10-2006, 08:13 PM
In addition I have to commend Ford for not dropping the Pony car after all these years.
The other big two have shot themselves a few times and never learn. Idiots.
Brian

steelcomp
12-10-2006, 08:55 PM
The bike has more thrills.
But congratulations.
Even if it is a Ford.
Brian
Yeah...Ford sucks. :p It's an all aluminum, overhead cam, 3 valve per cyl, fuel injected, 300 hp. V8 with a 5 spd (soon to be 6), in a medium sized rear wheel drive 2 door, for under 30K. Oh yeah, and 26 mpg. :hammerhea
It's my new commuter. :D Leather interior, 500w 6 CD changer, amp and sub, XM radio...just the creature comforts.
Outside I added 20" Foose wheels, Nitto 555's, (275's rear, 255's front)Bilstines, Eibach springs and Magnaflow exhaust. Pat's right...there are more aftermarket parts for this thing than you could possibly imagine. I've already ordered a cold air intake, computer, adjustable rear control arms and panhard bar, and a cool Hurst shifter. C'Mon!
I've seen the new Camaro. GM just dosen't get it. Now the new Charger is another story. That's very nice, but I'm sticking with the 'Stang. (this makes #12 for me)
Ford makes Hertz one helluva deal on those cars, and they don't rent for cheap.
Let the fun begin. I wonder how much power I can get of a mod motor? :idea:

steelcomp
12-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Oh yeah...on tight twisties, I'd run over that motorcycle. :D

dmontzsta
12-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Congrats. I was going to say lose the chrome, but I just read that you added it. :) The 3V's take to modifications very well. The newer Mustangs are very refined.
I drive my business partners 06 GT all the time, great car, but stock for stock I get him off the line up until around 65mph, then the 3 valve starts coming back at the very end. They are a little on the heavy side.

Beer-30
12-10-2006, 09:17 PM
did you (or maybe the dealership) sand/polish the paint? That looks like a far superior gloss to stock.

steelcomp
12-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Congrats. I was going to say lose the chrome, but I just read that you added it. :) The 3V's take to modifications very well. The newer Mustangs are very refined.
I drive my business partners 06 GT all the time, great car, but stock for stock I get him off the line up until around 65mph, then the 3 valve starts coming back at the very end. They are a little on the heavy side. Funny you should say that about the rims...I'm not crazy about them. They were a dealership deal, and the best ones they had. I'll probably swap them out for something with polished alum/ dark center. Maybe even go to 18's. The 3V lacks a little grunt stock, but a CAI and computer flash changes that easily. The Tremec 5 spd has a fairly tall 1'st, so switching from the 3.31's to 3.55's in the rear helps a bunch, too. The 6 spd. is much better.
Beer30...I haven't touched the paint. I was a little disappointed in some of the ones I looked at too, but this one isn't bad. It's going to get some accents, (not sure what yet) then probably a color sand and another clear coat. I really like the Alloy grey.

wsuwrhr
12-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Oh yeah...on tight twisties, I'd run over that motorcycle. :D
Now I know you are a pussy.:hammerhea :hammerhea
That poor bike doesn't even know what it is SUPPOSED to be. Probably thinks it is a cummuter.
Brian

QuickJet
12-10-2006, 09:52 PM
The car will be faster after 300 miles or 40 key cycles:)
Their is a resriction chip that burns out after it reaches one of the above pinacles. Bad ass car!

wsuwrhr
12-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Chargers suck, as well as EVERY OTHER Chrysler "hotrod". Damn 4 doors. Not even a two door option. Retards.
How many 4 door Mustangs, T-bird's, Camaro's, or Vette's have you seen?
Chrysler has no clue, don't even get me started.
Yeah...Ford sucks. :p It's an all aluminum, overhead cam, 3 valve per cyl, fuel injected, 300 hp. V8 with a 5 spd (soon to be 6), in a medium sized rear wheel drive 2 door, for under 30K. Oh yeah, and 26 mpg. :hammerhea
It's my new commuter. :D Leather interior, 500w 6 CD changer, amp and sub, XM radio...just the creature comforts.
Outside I added 20" Foose wheels, Nitto 555's, (275's rear, 255's front)Bilstines, Eibach springs and Magnaflow exhaust. Pat's right...there are more aftermarket parts for this thing than you could possibly imagine. I've already ordered a cold air intake, computer, adjustable rear control arms and panhard bar, and a cool Hurst shifter. C'Mon!
I've seen the new Camaro. GM just dosen't get it. Now the new Charger is another story. That's very nice, but I'm sticking with the 'Stang. (this makes #12 for me)
Ford makes Hertz one helluva deal on those cars, and they don't rent for cheap.
Let the fun begin. I wonder how much power I can get of a mod motor? :idea:

QuickJet
12-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Chargers suck, as well as EVERY OTHER Chrysler "hotrod". Damn 4 doors. Not even a two door option. Retards.
How many 4 door Mustangs, T-bird's, Camaro's, or Vette's have you seen?
Chrysler has no clue, don't even get me started.
Wait until that Challenger comes out! That's my next new car (if they build it). If not I'm getting the Mustang.

steelcomp
12-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Now I know you are a pussy.:hammerhea :hammerhea
That poor bike doesn't even know what it is SUPPOSED to be. Probably thinks it is a cummuter.
BrianDude...awwww, never mind. :sleeping:

steelcomp
12-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Wait until that Challenger comes out! That's my next new car (if they build it). If not I'm getting the Mustang.
My bad...I meant the Challanger. Brian's right about the Charger...stupid platform to put your best foot forward on. The Challanger has potential.

wsuwrhr
12-10-2006, 11:43 PM
I have no doubts that the production Challenger will be a 4 door also.
Why didn't they build a Cuda instead? That was not thought out either.
The Cuda had better looks and outsold the Challengers.
Don't give the excuse that Plymouth name is dead, look how quick the Plymouth PT Cruiser became a Chrysler PT Cruiser.
brian

wsuwrhr
12-10-2006, 11:47 PM
The Charger would have been an awesome hotrod and in my driveway had it been made in a two door car.
I have emailed them several times before and after telling them they are losing market share due to the younger generation refusing to buy a 4 door car.
Can you imagine the impact it would have had in the musclecar years not to be able to purchase a 2 door?
Frightening.
Brian
My bad...I meant the Challanger. Brian's right about the Charger...stupid platform to put your best foot forward on. The Challanger has potential.

72 Hondo
12-11-2006, 05:38 AM
Ive never been a FoMoCo person but, that is a damn nice car! My aunt has a bitchen 1999 35th anniversary and I think the new ones are by far a nicer car... Have fun with it!!

GofastRacer
12-11-2006, 06:45 AM
Nice toy!..:cool:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20844&d=1165848297

Infomaniac
12-11-2006, 06:59 AM
Way cool car man

LakesOnly
12-11-2006, 01:00 PM
got me a new toy...:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1729100_1232_0003.jpg
Very nice. Can't top that one, but I am looking at a 1993 GT with TFS heads and other engine parts, N20, and a Tremec 5-speed.
LO

Ryan00TJ
12-11-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm an 02 SS owner on the Dark Side but I still respect a nice car! I know a few guys with 05 GT's. With a CAI and Catback and a set of DR's they run in the high 12's @ 105-108mph. They are a marked improvement over the last generation GT's.

rrrr
12-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Are we talkin' about the '78 F250 or the Mustang? :D
Nice car!!

steelcomp
12-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Are we talkin' about the '78 F250 or the Mustang? :D
Nice car!!
LOL...don't be dissin my po' ol' truck. That's my Fred Flintstone mobile. You can put both feet through the floor. :D
Hey, it was free. :hammerhea

wsuwrhr
12-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Dude...awwww, never mind. :sleeping:
You are the guy on the sportbike with the titties STILL on the outsides of the tire, even when the middle is down to the cords, aren't you?
Mustang beat a bike in the twisties. Please.
Old Man.
:hammerhea :hammerhea
Brian

steelcomp
12-11-2006, 06:37 PM
You are the guy on the sportbike with the titties STILL on the outsides of the tire, even when the middle is down to the cords, aren't you?
Mustang beat a bike in the twisties. Please.
Old Man.
:hammerhea :hammerhea
BrianOK junior...I'm the guy who's had 20 stitches in his knee canyon racing. I'm the old guy that'll pinch your toes as I go by you on the outside, feet up, one handed power slide. Titties on the tires...yeah, right. I'm the guy who eats kids up on their R1's, and when we stop, and I pull off my helmet, they get this sick look on their face like their dad just whipped their ass...old man...have some respect. :D
I pretty much found the limits of that bike, and canyon racing isn't it's strong point. It's got two-stroke power and too much rake, rider sits too high, and the balance just isn't right. A Ducati would eat it alive. On a race track would be a different story, of course, but not on the twisties.

wsuwrhr
12-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Ok...a Duck is in a class of it's own. We aren't talking about beating another BIKE. We were talking about a car beating a bike.
FOCUS OLD MAN.....FOCUS!!!!
Brian
OK junior...I'm the guy who's had 20 stitches in his knee canyon racing. I'm the old guy that'll pinch your toes as I go by you on the outside, feet up, one handed power slide. Titties on the tires...yeah, right. I'm the guy who eats kids up on their R1's, and when we stop, and I pull off my helmet, they get this sick look on their face like their dad just whipped their ass...old man...have some respect. :D
I pretty much found the limits of that bike, and canyon racing isn't it's strong point. It's got two-stroke power and too much rake, rider sits too high, and the balance just isn't right. A Ducati would eat it alive. On a race track would be a different story, of course, but not on the twisties.

wsuwrhr
12-11-2006, 06:49 PM
maybe you are "going by" and pinching "NoTalents" toes bud. Not mine.
I put 40,000 miles each on two different bikes. Trust me, the greater portion was hanging off the seat, not sitting on it.
Brian
OK junior...I'm the guy who's had 20 stitches in his knee canyon racing. I'm the old guy that'll pinch your toes as I go by you on the outside, feet up, one handed power slide. Titties on the tires...yeah, right. I'm the guy who eats kids up on their R1's, and when we stop, and I pull off my helmet, they get this sick look on their face like their dad just whipped their ass...old man...have some respect. :D

steelcomp
12-11-2006, 07:18 PM
maybe you are "going by" and pinching "NoTalents" toes bud. Not mine.
I put 40,000 miles each on two different bikes. Trust me, the greater portion was hanging off the seat, not sitting on it.
BrianYeah yeah, I've heard the wind blow before. You got a long way to go to catch up, son.
Tell ya what...when I get the Stang set up, I'll come down there, and we'll find a road...say Box Canyon, Mulholland, somehting like that. You pick it.
I'll own it.

wsuwrhr
12-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Yeah yeah, I've heard the wind blow before. You got a long way to go to catch up, son.
Tell ya what...when I get the Stang set up, I'll come down there, and we'll find a road...say Box Canyon, Mulholland, somehting like that. You pick it.
I'll own it.
Dad,
I can't wait.
Baldy, Big Bear, Wrightwood, hell highway 2 through to Pasadena either way,
Highway74 through to San Juan Capistrano.
Crossing over your lane is a disqual, don't count old man. You have to actually make the turn.
I'll be having a nice turkey sandwich by the time you get to the other side. I'll order one for you as well.
Brian
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-11-2006, 07:50 PM
To make it fair, I'll even do it on my antiquated '95, not on a modern steed, such as your 9.
Brian
Yeah yeah, I've heard the wind blow before. You got a long way to go to catch up, son.
I'll own it.

wsuwrhr
12-11-2006, 07:50 PM
BTW, I still like your mustang.
Brian

steelcomp
12-11-2006, 08:39 PM
C'mon, B...those aren't tight twisties, those are mountain winding roads...big difference, but I'm thinkin you'd still have your hands full. I'd take my 9 over the 'Stang on those roads too. DUH! :hammerhea
Just goes to show you don't pay attention, son. I said tight twisties.:argue:
LOL...man, I'm bored. :sleeping:

wsuwrhr
12-11-2006, 08:46 PM
C'mon, B...those aren't tight twisties, those are mountain winding roads...big difference, but I'm thinkin you'd still have your hands full. I'd take my 9 over the 'Stang on those roads too. DUH! :hammerhea
Just goes to show you don't pay attention, son. I said tight twisties.:argue:
LOL...man, I'm bored. :sleeping:
Tight twisties? So you are saying you want to race in a circle?
Sounds like you are trying to backpeddle Dad......
Without racing in your pants, where are your tight twisties again?
Brian

steelcomp
12-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Tight twisties? So you are saying you want to race in a circle?
Sounds like you are trying to backpeddle Dad......
Without racing in your pants, where are your tight twisties again?
BrianI'm thinkin you couldn't handle a Cuban cigar any better than you could handle stayin with me, on a bike, in a car, tight twisties, mountain roads...it wouldn't matter. Results wold be the same...you'd turn green and puke.
There's a couple one-lane roads here in Santa Barbara...mostly second gear, sometimes third with an occasional 1/8 mi. straight. It's all about timing on those roads, and if you lose concentration, even for a second...well, you probably understand.
I had a friend who talked like you...I took him for a few laps at Mid Ohio in one of our Cobra's...he saw God. Then I asked him if he wanted to go for a few laps in an SCCA GT1 Vette...I'll never forget the look on his face. :D

wsuwrhr
12-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Freedom highway then. Should be more your speed o-wise-1.
If you are going to backpeddle anymore than you already have, you will have to reach down and pull it back yourself.
Brian
I'm thinkin you couldn't handle a Cuban cigar any better than you could handle stayin with me, on a bike, in a car, tight twisties, mountain roads...it wouldn't matter. Results wold be the same...you'd turn green and puke.
There's a couple one-lane roads here in Santa Barbara...mostly second gear, sometimes third with an occasional 1/8 mi. straight. It's all about timing on those roads, and if you lose concentration, even for a second...well, you probably understand.
I had a friend who talked like you...I took him for a few laps at Mid Ohio in one of our Cobra's...he saw God. Then I asked him if he wanted to go for a few laps in an SCCA GT1 Vette...I'll never forget the look on his face. :D

wsuwrhr
12-11-2006, 09:04 PM
'bout seeing God....
Smallzie's boat was a fun ride.
Let me know when I need to show up at Mid Ohio.
Brian

steelcomp
12-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Freedom highway then. Should be more your speed o-wise-1.
If you are going to backpeddle anymore than you already have, you will have to reach down and pull it back yourself.
BrianHeh heh...no backpeddlin'...just slowin down so you can keep up, that's all.
Get used to it.
Maybe ButtonWillow this summer. Should be able to get into the 2.0'hs on street tires.

JAY4SPEED
12-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Titties???? LMAO.... we call 'em chicken strips! :D
I sold my '03 600RR a few summers ago, man I miss that bike!
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/jay4speed/bike/DSC02037a.jpg
Jay

wsuwrhr
12-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Chicken strips is good words too.
They alway looked like titties to me. But what do I know? I am a youngun.
6's are good bikes as long as you always ride solo.
More power Scotty!!!!
Brian
Titties???? LMAO.... we call 'em chicken strips! :D
I sold my '03 600RR a few summers ago, man I miss that bike!
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/jay4speed/bike/DSC02037a.jpg
Jay

wsuwrhr
12-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Whatever makes you feel better old man.
Brian
Heh heh...no backpeddlin'...just slowin down so you can keep up, that's all.
Get used to it.

JAY4SPEED
12-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Nice ride there Scott. I was wondering where all that money was going from the part sales.
NOLA is flat as a pancake. No canyons around here. We had to travel a good ways into Mississippi to get some good twisty roads.
Jay

JAY4SPEED
12-11-2006, 09:27 PM
Chicken strips is good words too.
They alway looked like titties to me. But what do I know? I am a youngun.
6's are good bikes as long as you always ride solo.
More power Scotty!!!!
Brian
The best part was I could catch the 'busas in the twistys (heavy ass pig of a bike) but didn't have a prayer in the straights....lol
I got the 6 because you can toss it pretty good in the turns. Was going to turn it into a track bike and get me a 1K for the street. But, I got a boat instead :hammerhea

wsuwrhr
12-11-2006, 09:31 PM
You got that right. No match for that one in the straights, 180HP or some shit like that? Unbelievable.
The best part was I could catch the 'busas in the twistys (heavy ass pig of a bike) but didn't have a prayer in the straights....lol
I got the 6 because you can toss it pretty good in the turns. Was going to turn it into a track bike and get me a 1K for the street. But, I got a boat instead :hammerhea

JAY4SPEED
12-11-2006, 09:48 PM
You got that right. No match for that one in the straights, 180HP or some shit like that? Unbelievable.
They are really popular around here. Since twistys are a long haul from here, most of the racing thats done is straight line drags. So, lots of 'busas at bike night. The technoligy and aftermarket on those bikes is just out of hand. There are a few around here that run turbos and are in the neighborhood of 475+ horsepower. Talk about power to weight ratio.....
Which 9 do you have, Brian? The Ducs are super nice. There is nothing the sound of a Duc screamin through a turn.
Jay

steelcomp
12-11-2006, 09:52 PM
You got that right. No match for that one in the straights, 180HP or some shit like that? Unbelievable.Guy here has one...he had a very hard time pullin the 954...we stopped at about 175 or so. (He was a bike ahead after starting from about 75) I could definately take him on the corners. The one bike I couldn't keep up with here is a guy here with a Repsol...now that thing was serious. 200mph street bike.

JAY4SPEED
12-11-2006, 10:12 PM
You may have seen this guy, Ghostrider from Europe. He is just a few doughnuts short of a dozen.
500 hp 'busa streetfighter
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6946569604612882573
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2896080808897013691&q=ghostrider
Now this is running on the edge, The Isle of Mann 2005
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7649710385816679127&q=isle+of+mann

wsuwrhr
12-12-2006, 07:57 AM
I have a '95 CBR900RR
There is nothing like the sound of a Duck period.
Brian
Which 9 do you have, Brian? The Ducs are super nice. There is nothing the sound of a Duc screamin through a turn.
Jay

wsuwrhr
12-12-2006, 07:58 AM
Busa have found thier way into a more suitable location in a sandrail frame.
Pretty cool car. Plenty of power.
I think that will be my next billet case endevor.
Brian

Blown 472
12-12-2006, 07:16 PM
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/upload2/3126938-css06.jpg
What about this factory offering?
The Charger would have been an awesome hotrod and in my driveway had it been made in a two door car.
I have emailed them several times before and after telling them they are losing market share due to the younger generation refusing to buy a 4 door car.
Can you imagine the impact it would have had in the musclecar years not to be able to purchase a 2 door?
Frightening.
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-12-2006, 08:35 PM
We'll see if Chrysler sticks their head up their ass and production cars come 4 door only.
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-12-2006, 08:36 PM
That car probably doesn't even run. Rolling chassis only
Brian

Cs19
12-13-2006, 09:44 PM
i couldnt read the whole thread, lost intrest at the chicken strips part.
bad ass ride scott.congrats.

QuickJet
12-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Hey blown, you got a pic of the orange one with flat black?

steelcomp
12-14-2006, 07:26 AM
i couldnt read the whole thread, lost intrest at the chicken strips part.
bad ass ride scott.congrats.LOL...thanks Chris.
Hate to say it, but this is just butt ugly.

roostwear
12-14-2006, 07:46 AM
There's 3 changes that (if made) would really clean up the look.
1- Get rid of that hideous hood scoop! A nice shaker would bring the frontend into proportion.
2- Again about proportions... the hood needs to be a little longer.
3- The fender extends down too far in front of the wheel well. Shorten it up a couple inches and it's there.
These 3 things would give it a more sleek look instead of the bulky look it has now. Dodge needs to remember... a short rear deck design needs a long hood to even it out.

GofastRacer
12-14-2006, 08:05 PM
In other words just use the "original" body with the modern upgrades, that's the way it should be with all of them!..