PDA

View Full Version : First break down, CRAP!!!!

Concept1
12-10-2006, 09:56 PM
O.K. so Im on the water today with some friends hanging out talking to a pretty cool guy with a Cheetah, just drifting about and getting close to shore so I start up and drive again to the center of the cove. After a while same thing I go to start it and NOTHING HAPPENS. I had to get towed in by a VERY nice old man in an aluminum dingy fishing boat, that had to look funny as hell to all that saw that! I got it home after a long tow and looked at all the wiring, and couldnt figure it out. I realized how IMPORTANT it is to have a small tool kit, test light and other odds and ends in case this happens again. Oh well I was hoping that since it was brand new this wouldnt happen but I guess I was wrong! Anyway, thanks a million to the nice guy and his wife on the Cheetah and the guy that towed me in!!

Kilrtoy
12-10-2006, 10:05 PM
So what went wrong:confused:

Concept1
12-10-2006, 10:09 PM
I still dont know to be honest, im pretty sure we got it narrowed to the Started or the solonoid we checked the woring and the key and those seem to be working fine. Going to the dealer tomorrow ro drop it off and see what happened.

Beer-30
12-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Could be a faulty neutral safety switch.

Kilrtoy
12-10-2006, 10:15 PM
DID you check the lanyard switch, maybe it got tripped...
is the boat cranking and not turning over

Concept1
12-10-2006, 10:18 PM
O.K. Not many people will admit this but I AM A F**KING IDIOT, I just went out to check on that and it wasnt all the way in neutral as I was trying to start it. OMG i feel like a total jackass!!!! Sorry for costing all of you that read this some IQ points LMAO

Throttle
12-10-2006, 10:19 PM
thats too bad, were you on havi today, it was a tad windy...

Throttle
12-10-2006, 10:21 PM
O.K. Not many people will admit this but I AM A F**KING IDIOT, I just went out to check on that and it wasnt all the way in neutral as I was trying to start it. OMG i feel like a total jackass!!!! Sorry for costing all of you that read this some IQ points LMAO
shit happens, now u know

Concept1
12-10-2006, 10:24 PM
DID you check the lanyard switch, maybe it got tripped...
is the boat cranking and not turning over
Yea we actually had that out of the body and checking that as well. Im a total dumb ass though!! I didnt have the gear selector in neutral.

Kilrtoy
12-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Im sorry , But that is some funny shit and now you should feel better that nothing is wrong

Concept1
12-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Im sorry , But that is some funny shit and now you should feel better that nothing is wrong
Yea its a catch 22 because im totally happy nothing was wrong but I have the thought of that little 5 HP dingy pulling my boat to shore LOL. I feel like the -->:hammerhea

Throttle
12-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Yea we actually has that out of the body and checking that as well. Im a total dumb ass though!! I didnt have the geal selector in neutral.
I hope you turn a wrench better than you type... thanks for the laugh...

Concept1
12-10-2006, 10:31 PM
I hope you turn a wrench better than you type... thanks for the laugh...
Talk about kicking a guy when he is down LOL thanks Throttle!!! Can I use the excuse that its kinda dark in here?

Throttle
12-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Yea its a catch 22 because im totally happy nothing was wrong but I have the thought of that little 5 HP dingy pulling my boat to shore LOL. I feel like the -->:hammerhea
that would have been great to see, actually I would have really liked to have seen your new boat, sorry I missed ya... soon

Throttle
12-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Talk about kicking a guy when he is down LOL thanks Throttle!!! Can I use the excuse that its kinda dark in here?
things are already gettin better for ya... you got your self laughin now...

Concept1
12-10-2006, 10:35 PM
that would have been great to see, actually I would have really liked to have seen your new boat, sorry I missed ya... soon
Yea soon indeed! Im sure you all go to Havasu so I plan on heading up there alot when it warms up, and as I get more familiar with the boat!

dumbandyoung
12-10-2006, 10:55 PM
damn, your boating this time of year?
haha
hey i did it in a car one time..i felt like an idot cause i was with a girl who noticed it was in drive.

BUSHWACKER
12-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Ya now know 1 more thing than you did before, people have done it with cars too! Always puterin neutral too cause I had mine start all by it self once, luckly on the trailer, and I was rite there. Ford type solinoid had got water in it, when it was submerged:redface: Mag switch was on on, and it can be started in gear!!!
You ain't & won't be the last to do that!

Concept1
12-10-2006, 11:49 PM
damn, your boating this time of year?
haha
hey i did it in a car one time..i felt like an idot cause i was with a girl who noticed it was in drive.
Yep just tryin to get my 20 hours in so I can get the service on it all taken care of and get some other stuff from Next done to finish it off. ITs was 70 today so it wasnt cold at all, it was pretty nice actually!

dumbandyoung
12-10-2006, 11:54 PM
Yep just tryin to get my 20 hours in so I can get the service on it all taken care of and get some other stuff from Next done to finish it off. ITs was 70 today so it wasnt cold at all, it was pretty nice actually!
raining here in orange co

dragboat
12-11-2006, 05:15 AM
At least you found it before everyone at the dealer had you for breakfast!

drejustice
12-11-2006, 05:47 AM
Hey, not to hijack this but I seem to recall you mentioning this being your first boat ever. You might want to take a boating safety course as it will give you a bunch of info to keep ya out of trouble once the warm weather is back and the lakes get crowded again. Best of luck with the new cat. Looks sweet.:mix:

Concept1
12-11-2006, 07:47 AM
Hey, not to hijack this but I seem to recall you mentioning this being your first boat ever. You might want to take a boating safety course as it will give you a bunch of info to keep ya out of trouble once the warm weather is back and the lakes get crowded again. Best of luck with the new cat. Looks sweet.:mix:
Yep I agree with you, I am already looking into that as well as going over the whole boat with my dealer so I know where all the wires and other important things are located on that boat! Eaiting some humble pie has a great effect on me wanting to learn alot more about my boat and safety.

mbrown2
12-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Concept....don't worry about it....that's how we all learn one mishap at a time...that's one thing you will now always check..:)
Nice boat btw...

Concept1
12-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Concept....don't worry about it....that's how we all learn one mishap at a time...that's one thing you will now always check..:)
Nice boat btw...
Thanks man, yea i look at it like this, I know almost the whole wiring system on it now so the more I know about it the better! Its not that bad of a thing, just gives you all something to laugh about so I figured id share! :-)

ULTRA26 # 1
12-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Concept1.
You aren't the first and you won't be the last to make this mistake. Glad it wasn't anything serious.
John M

blender over
12-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Yea we actually had that out of the body and checking that as well. Im a total dumb ass though!! I didnt have the gear selector in neutral.
Ha been there done that!!!
Mine is real picky on the shifter being exactly in the middle even though its in neutral:hammerhea

Concept1
12-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Ha been there done that!!!
Mine is real picky on the shifter being exactly in the middle even though its in neutral:hammerhea
Well at least it isnt that big a deal. I mean it kinda sucked to ruin a day at the lake like that but even after the problem it was a day on the water and not working, I guess the good news I finally got to see it on the water as we were dragging it down the dock onto the trailer.

boatnam2
12-11-2006, 04:56 PM
i went to the lake one day with a few other boaters(in laveycrafts)and one of the seasoned boaters(wont mention any names)brand new boat wouldnt start.so as i was getting ready to drive away in my boat i asked did he check is lanyard switch and all the sudden his boat started up.moral of the story you dont have to be a new boater to learn something new about boating!

DILLIGAF
12-11-2006, 04:59 PM
LOL....Just part of learning. Way to man up and let us know what the problem was.

slowinhavasu
12-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Look at the bright side, It's the last time you will ever have that problem......:mix:

sleekcraft137
12-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Well atleast you'll NEVER do that again right???

Concept1
12-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Well atleast you'll NEVER do that again right???
Yep alot of mistakes that will never happen such as leaving it in gear for starters, not knowing much about the boat and its components, NOT HAVING ANY TOOLS, and a couple other ones im sure!!

tomk
12-13-2006, 10:04 AM
You previously posted about selling your G3. Please call 918-289-1891 to discuss if you still have this available. Thx - TomK

Mandelon
12-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Easy and cheap lesson. I had the lanyard lesson again this summer.... Cranking over but not firing up.....WTF? Wife hold up the lanyard...could this be it? duh. :hammerhea

buzzaro
12-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Yep alot of mistakes that will never happen such as leaving it in gear for starters, not knowing much about the boat and its components, NOT HAVING ANY TOOLS, and a couple other ones im sure!!
And.....dont forget the drain plug!! Not that ive ever done that..........:cry: :D

EAZYKILLER2006
12-18-2006, 02:01 PM
O.K. so Im on the water today with some friends hanging out talking to a pretty cool guy with a Cheetah, just drifting about and getting close to shore so I start up and drive again to the center of the cove. After a while same thing I go to start it and NOTHING HAPPENS. I had to get towed in by a VERY nice old man in an aluminum dingy fishing boat, that had to look funny as hell to all that saw that! I got it home after a long tow and looked at all the wiring, and couldnt figure it out. I realized how IMPORTANT it is to have a small tool kit, test light and other odds and ends in case this happens again. Oh well I was hoping that since it was brand new this wouldnt happen but I guess I was wrong! Anyway, thanks a million to the nice guy and his wife on the Cheetah and the guy that towed me in!!
we all have our day, yesterday was my day. i have a job, its to back up the boat,drop it in the water and park. ~then i jump in the boat~thats all i have to do...well...when its time to put the boat away, i try to remember where i park and get the truck...this time i went to get the truck...i noticed i couldnt find a set of keys...mijo needs to go to work soo i have to find the keys~every one was frantic... looking for these keys...even some strangers on the pier helped...turns out LOL there are NO KEYS TO FIND...SHIT WE TURNED IN THE KEYS FOR MIJOS NISSAN TITAN TRUCK!!! GEEZ i felt bad getting everyone freaked out looking for keyz:supp: DANG AND I WASNT EVEN DRINKING...GEEZ http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/laurieKEYS.jpg NOTICE KEYS TO MY BELT LOOP...:supp:

Concept1
12-19-2006, 07:00 PM
we all have our day, yesterday was my day. i have a job, its to back up the boat,drop it in the water and park. ~then i jump in the boat~thats all i have to do...well...when its time to put the boat away, i try to remember where i park and get the truck...this time i went to get the truck...i noticed i couldnt find a set of keys...mijo needs to go to work soo i have to find the keys~every one was frantic... looking for these keys...even some strangers on the pier helped...turns out LOL there are NO KEYS TO FIND...SHIT WE TURNED IN THE KEYS FOR MIJOS NISSAN TITAN TRUCK!!! GEEZ i felt bad getting everyone freaked out looking for keyz:supp: DANG AND I WASNT EVEN DRINKING...GEEZ http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/laurieKEYS.jpg NOTICE KEYS TO MY BELT LOOP...:supp:
Nice! Isnt it just funny as hell how close the solution to a problem can be!!