PDA

View Full Version : Circle Boats for sale?

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 09:36 AM
Ok, now I'm seriously looking. Anybody have a good deal on a Circle boat? I prefer (in this order), Biesemeyer, D'Cucci, Revenge, Bezer, Daytona, etc. but will look at any boat, depending on the deal.

126driver
01-12-2003, 09:43 AM
Here you go: Circle boat for sale (http://www.superstockracing.com/K14/k14.htm)
I'm sure you could cut a good deal on the whole package. :D

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 09:45 AM
126driver:
I'm sure you could cut a good deal on the whole package. :D I was just looking at that before I started the new thread...I'd LOVE to have that setup, But....I only got 1 number on the lottery last night. frown

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 09:48 AM
Not too bad huh....I sold my Biesemeyer in September and started out immediately with symptoms of withdrawal... eek! So, I made it around 4 months huh? :D LOL

GofastRacer
01-12-2003, 10:02 AM
126driver:
I'm sure you could cut a good deal on the whole package. :D I talked to Chuck at Thanksgiving, he sold one of them, he had the other one out at Parker for $35000, it's the one with the hardware that came out of mine!.. :cool:

Morg
01-12-2003, 10:53 AM
BBT,
I'll make you a hell of a deal on a 1980 revenge, needs work. :D :D
Hull with complete hardware
Morg.

BILLY.B
01-12-2003, 11:02 AM
BBT, what about PS555's boat, I talked with him on thursday and it's still for sale.It's a bezer style boat at a fair price.

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 11:30 AM
Morg:
BBT,
Morg. Needs work? As in?

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 11:31 AM
BILLY.B:
BBT, what about PS555's boat, I talked with him on thursday and it's still for sale.It's a bezer style boat at a fair price. Billy B. I am interested in PS555's boat. I PM'ed him...waiting on a reply. I also spoke with JBG about it on the phone about an hour ago.

ps555
01-12-2003, 11:49 AM
BigBoyToys pics are on the way man :D

superdave013
01-12-2003, 12:04 PM
Boatguy222 has a hella nice one for sale also.

BILLY.B
01-12-2003, 12:05 PM
BigBoyToys:
BILLY.B:
BBT, what about PS555's boat, I talked with him on thursday and it's still for sale.It's a bezer style boat at a fair price. Billy B. I am interested in PS555's boat. I PM'ed him...waiting on a reply. I also spoke with JBG about it on the phone about an hour ago. BBT, the boat used to belong to Norm Brown who bought Biesmeyer from Julian; and he had two boats that he raced, this is the 2nd one. Mark says the boat is in great condition and raced at the nostalgic circle races and won with George Nordling driving. Truitt Beal who is respected in the circle arena says the boat is a great deal and can't understand why it hasn't sold yet. There are some negative things said about "Bezers," but Gordie had no problem beating Lance, George Stratton, or any of the other SS boats when he drove mine. The only difference in the two boats is the transom, 4" difference. The beam is the same. The reason I bought mine is because I got tired of looking at the same hull time after time. Hopefully, this helps you out.

GofastRacer
01-12-2003, 12:42 PM
Here's PS555's boat!....
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Deck.JPG
This is boatguy222's boat!..
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Raceboat_Arenas/Circle_Racers/voodoo_canoe.JPG

Sangster
01-12-2003, 01:10 PM
I don't get it. idea idea ..In another thread everyone wanted to know how BBT's could have sold his Bieser..And I agree to a point..Why did you sell to by a Jet...But besides that, Everyone posted how hard is is to find them anymore,Yet now that he's looking for one...Everybody & their brother has one for sale..Or maybe I read something wrong..... :confused: :confused: :confused:

GofastRacer
01-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Well, I only know three of them for sale, just happen they are for sale at the same time I guess!..Don't know about anybody else but, I sure don't see many for sale!!... frown

Omega21
01-12-2003, 01:42 PM
Circlejerk had said that one of the guys in his club was selling a Wickens flat bottom...you might want to get ahold of him & check it out.
Todd

BILLY.B
01-12-2003, 02:04 PM
BBT,sorry about the info I gave you on the boat, I get the two mixed up, those damn screen names.Both boats are a good buy.Sorry again sleeping sleeping

GofastRacer
01-12-2003, 02:07 PM
That's ok, I knew you would get it straight sooner or later!!... http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/roflmao.gif http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/roflmao.gif

BILLY.B
01-12-2003, 02:11 PM
Sangster:
I don't get it. idea idea ..In another thread everyone wanted to know how BBT's could have sold his Bieser..And I agree to a point..Why did you sell to by a Jet...But besides that, Everyone posted how hard is is to find them anymore,Yet now that he's looking for one...Everybody & their brother has one for sale..Or maybe I read something wrong..... :confused: :confused: :confused: Sangster,the boats you are hearing about are the same ones,the problem is there just aren't very many nice ones left around,they have either been wrecked, floor dilamanating, or just plain wore out, so when a good one comes along you'd better jump on it. I do know of at least 3 more, just depends on what they want to spend :cool: :cool:

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 02:16 PM
Sangster:
I don't get it. idea idea ..In another thread everyone wanted to know how BBT's could have sold his Bieser..And I agree to a point..Why did you sell to by a Jet...But besides that, Everyone posted how hard is is to find them anymore,Yet now that he's looking for one...Everybody & their brother has one for sale..Or maybe I read something wrong..... :confused: :confused: :confused: Sangster, Shhhh, Shhh....Let them sell'em. The more of them that are on the market, the lower the prices wink I started regretting selling mine on the way home from delivering it....and have been increasingly regretting it since. I sold mine due to a concession I had to make to keep a "happy marriage" argue But this time....Marina says I don't have to get rid of one to buy one!!! YES!!! Although, I'm gonna have to start banging on the neighbors doors to see if I can park a boat in their garage eek!

Sangster
01-12-2003, 02:16 PM
BILLY.B:
Sangster:
I don't get it. idea idea ..In another thread everyone wanted to know how BBT's could have sold his Bieser..And I agree to a point..Why did you sell to by a Jet...But besides that, Everyone posted how hard is is to find them anymore,Yet now that he's looking for one...Everybody & their brother has one for sale..Or maybe I read something wrong..... :confused: :confused: :confused: Sangster,the boats you are hearing about are the same ones,the problem is there just aren't very many nice ones left around,they have either been wrecked, floor dilamanating, or just plain wore out, so when a good one comes along you'd better jump on it. I do know of at least 3 more, just depends on what they want to spend :cool: :cool: That's the way it is when buying a Hydro too..They're either Junk, Shotout or to much money..

Sangster
01-12-2003, 02:18 PM
Morg:
BBT,
Morg.

Sangster
01-12-2003, 02:19 PM
Morg:
BBT,
Morg. Whoa..... :confused: eek! :confused: :confused:

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 02:20 PM
BILLY.B:
Sangster:
I don't get it. idea idea ..In another thread everyone wanted to know how BBT's could have sold his Bieser..And I agree to a point..Why did you sell to by a Jet...But besides that, Everyone posted how hard is is to find them anymore,Yet now that he's looking for one...Everybody & their brother has one for sale..Or maybe I read something wrong..... :confused: :confused: :confused: Sangster,the boats you are hearing about are the same ones,the problem is there just aren't very many nice ones left around,they have either been wrecked, floor dilamanating, or just plain wore out, so when a good one comes along you'd better jump on it. I do know of at least 3 more, just depends on what they want to spend :cool: :cool: I know where there are 7 or 8 of them for sale right now Billy B. But, you got it right, depends on what I want to spend on one. I never had much use in "saving" $$ when it comes to boats, but, when it has to go through the wife first, that's another story. Less $$ is a far better deal for me right now. Especially since this will be no more than a "play" boat for me(unless APBA drops their stupid capsule mandate....another issue for another time)

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 02:26 PM
Jim Codling's Boat is for sale, Bill Faulkner still has Bement's old boat, I think Wamsley's boat is still available, Kenny Well's boat is for sale, on and on and on. Lots for sale but $$ does matter here on this one. I was amazed that the Mrs said yes to begin with when we were talking about it this morning. That's why I love her I guess.... :D (I had to throw that in there because we all know that she is on these boards too) LOL

Hud
01-12-2003, 02:35 PM
BBT, just came through Woodland, I guess your cell phone was off.

boatguy222
01-12-2003, 03:17 PM
GofastRacer
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Raceboat_Arenas/Circle_Racers/voodoo_canoe.JPG [/QB]JUST A LITTLE SPAM!!
this boat is in Havasu now, you don't have to come to Rainy Oregon to look at it. It is $6500 less engine FIRM, but comes with a bunch of extras stuff! It never hurts to look!

Morg
01-12-2003, 03:18 PM
BigBoyToys:
Morg:
BBT,
Morg. Needs work? As in? BBT,
The hull is completely bare, The panels & kick board are out, The floor needs to be re-done, then new kick boards & panels installed. Then the outside needs some cosmetic stuff, Then paint.
The hull is structurly sound. I am doing all this work for the cosmetics.
Essentially I am in the same boat I think you are (No punn intended). I bought it cheap & my labor is free. But if the right amount of money were on the table I might let it go.
Hull w/ complete hardware, in boxes. No trailer.
Send me a PM if your interested.
Morg.

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 03:21 PM
Hud:
BBT, just came through Woodland, I guess your cell phone was off. Sorry 'bout that Hud, I thought I heard the cell ring but I was asleep. I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder that's really bothering me today so I took some meds and it knocked me out. :D Thought I was dreaming that the cell was ringing eek!

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 03:23 PM
boatguy222:
GofastRacer
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Raceboat_Arenas/Circle_Racers/voodoo_canoe.JPG JUST A LITTLE SPAM!!
this boat is in Havasu now, you don't have to come to Rainy Oregon to look at it. It is $6500 less engine FIRM, but comes with a bunch of extras stuff! It never hurts to look! [/QB]Rainy Oregon is closer to me than Havasu is....

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 03:32 PM
Hey Hud, PM your address to me and I'll drop it in the mail for ya tomorrow.

Hud
01-12-2003, 03:45 PM
BBT, right on. Check your pm's. Thanks.

BILLY.B
01-12-2003, 03:53 PM
Morg:
BigBoyToys:
Morg:
BBT,
Morg. Needs work? As in? BBT,
The hull is completely bare, The panels & kick board are out, The floor needs to be re-done, then new kick boards & panels installed. Then the outside needs some cosmetic stuff, Then paint.
The hull is structurly sound. I am doing all this work for the cosmetics.
Essentially I am in the same boat I think you are (No punn intended). I bought it cheap & my labor is free. But if the right amount of money were on the table I might let it go.
Hull w/ complete hardware, in boxes. No trailer.
Send me a PM if your interested.
Morg. Morg,I hope thats less motor, not just the trailer. :D :D

BILLY.B
01-12-2003, 03:59 PM
BBT,Bement's boat that Bill Faulkner has could be made into a nice lake boat if you can locate a v-drive, steering, turn buckles, etc. etc. etc. The great thing is you could put the word out for these parts and you might be able to save money over time,$2500, not bad, or if boat222 still has his in april you could look at it when you come to needles,LOL :D :D :D

SK48
01-12-2003, 04:27 PM
What do you guy's do for liability insurance on your flatbottoms. I have four boats insured with State Farm, and they just sent me a notice canceling the coverage on my Biesemeyer. With all the idiots on PWC's I just feel uncomfortable running it without insurance. Not much to worry about on week days, but its busy in Parker on the weekends.
Almost thinking of selling the Biesemeyer, cause I just can't afford the exposure.

superdave013
01-12-2003, 05:03 PM
SK48:
What do you guy's do for liability insurance on your flatbottoms. I have four boats insured with State Farm, and they just sent me a notice canceling the coverage on my Biesemeyer. With all the idiots on PWC's I just feel uncomfortable running it without insurance. Not much to worry about on week days, but its busy in Parker on the weekends.
Almost thinking of selling the Biesemeyer, cause I just can't afford the exposure. That was one of the main reasons I sold my flat. I didn't think about it when I didn't have anything.

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 05:06 PM
Insurance? ROFLMAO!!
It didn't do me a dang bit of good last Memorial Day weekend when a PWC rammed the side of my parked boat..... :( And do ya thing that the PWC had insurance? HAHAHA
But you can bet that the little SOB that did it will remember it....or at least the outcome of it! :D
[ January 12, 2003, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

SK48
01-12-2003, 05:13 PM
BBT I don't care if someone hits it while it is parked. I don't even want comp or collision on the Biesemeyer, I just want liability coverage.
Have acquired too many assets in the last few years. Maybe you don't have houses, business's etc. The exposure is just too great, one accident without insurance,and I couldn't afford the attorney's fees. Its simply for asset protection
Super Dave understands.

ps555
01-12-2003, 05:17 PM
Hey BigBoytoys did you get the pics I sent you early today?

dossangers
01-12-2003, 05:21 PM
SK48:
Almost thinking of selling the Biesemeyer, cause I just can't afford the exposure. I have my cruiser with state farm and the hydro with terhagen and molone in long beach they have been great on hot boats!! There is ins out there.

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 05:28 PM
ps555:
Hey BigBoytoys did you get the pics I sent you early today? yep...Got them! Thanks. I have showed them to the Mrs....She didn't say no :) We will probably make a decision within the next week or two. Gotta figure out where to put all these boats first :D

SK48
01-12-2003, 05:28 PM
Thanks Dossangers, my Hallett Vector, Malibu, and pontoon are all with State Farm, and I haven't ever placed a claim. I spend a lot of hours on the water and am a pretty good risk. Just supprised they dropped the Biesemeyer for no reason. What kind of money do you think I'm looking at for liability Ins. with the company that insures your Sanger.

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 05:33 PM
SK48:
BBT I don't care if someone hits it while it is parked. I don't even want comp or collision on the Biesemeyer, I just want liability coverage.
Have acquired too many assets in the last few years. Maybe you don't have houses, business's etc. The exposure is just too great, one accident without insurance,and I couldn't afford the attorney's fees. Its simply for asset protection
Super Dave understands. I understand and agree 100%. I haven't had any issues finding insurance for the boats. Our local Allstate broker signs us up over the phone for everything and anything wink Of course, we do have quite a few vehicles/RV's/Boats/House, etc insured through them so when the Mrs calls for more ins, I'm sure they just start rubbing their hands together in anticipation of the more $$ that they get from us. :D

SK48
01-12-2003, 06:31 PM
Hey BBT probably real reasonable rates when your powered by a paddle. Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 06:44 PM
LOL...Yep. That paddle thing is where my "Life Insurance" comes into play :rolleyes:

GofastRacer
01-12-2003, 06:46 PM
SK48:
Hey BBT probably real reasonable rates when your powered by a paddle. Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. May sound funny but there's a lot of truth to that!!.. :mad:

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 06:50 PM
But seriously, our agent just asks a few questions on the phone... what type,length,make, etc, when they get to the "how much horsepower" question, the answer is always "250 on a good day" eek! They also ask us how much we want to insure it for....
Just checked our insurance rate on our newest boat...CP Competition Tunnel Jet. We insured it for $15,000.00 and our rates are approx. $330.00 per year. That is full coverage...Liability, and Comprehensive. Keep in mind, that includes our multiple,multiple,multiple, etc policy discount :D

GofastRacer
01-12-2003, 06:55 PM
BigBoyToys:
But seriously, our agent just asks a few questions on the phone... what type,length,make, etc, when they get to the "how much horsepower" question, the answer is always "250 on a good day" eek! They also ask us how much we want to insure it for....
Just checked our insurance rate on our newest boat...CP Competition Tunnel Jet. We insured it for $15,000.00 and our rates are approx. $330.00 per year. That is full coverage...Liability, and Comprehensive. Keep in mind, that includes our multiple,multiple,multiple, etc policy discount :D Yeah, but if something happens and they find out that you have 800hp, that "250 on a good day" just went out the window and you're sucking wind!!.. eek!

SK48
01-12-2003, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I understand the multiple policy discount, have 12 policies with the same State Farm agent. Thats why I was supprised that they dropped the flatbottom. I even have eddie marine offshore manifolds and double jacketed stainless pipes so it wasn't an issue with header burns. They say there have been so many expensive claims from passangers getting burned on over the transom exhaust, that they no longer insure boats like that. I just can't figure out how to put through the transoms in a Biesemeyer.

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 07:04 PM
Through the transom in a Biesemeyer? No way! That just ain't right! Go to Allstate...they'll insure ya.

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 07:05 PM
GofastRacer:
BigBoyToys:
Just checked our insurance rate on our newest boat...CP Competition Tunnel Jet. We insured it for $15,000.00 and our rates are approx. $330.00 per year. That is full coverage...Liability, and Comprehensive. Keep in mind, that includes our multiple,multiple,multiple, etc policy discount :D Yeah, but if something happens and they find out that you have 800hp, that "250 on a good day" just went out the window and you're sucking wind!!.. eek! Well, it DID have 250 hp when I insured it.... :D LOL

smalls
01-12-2003, 07:12 PM
SANGSTER, SWEET NEW BOAT FOR YA! IT'S GOT YOUR NAME ALL OVER IT. You could load it up as advertised an have a blast. Hell the bud girls may even wanna ride with ya :D :D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31271&item=1876659427
[ January 12, 2003, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: smalls ]

GofastRacer
01-12-2003, 07:18 PM
BigBoyToys:
GofastRacer:
BigBoyToys:
Just checked our insurance rate on our newest boat...CP Competition Tunnel Jet. We insured it for $15,000.00 and our rates are approx. $330.00 per year. That is full coverage...Liability, and Comprehensive. Keep in mind, that includes our multiple,multiple,multiple, etc policy discount :D Yeah, but if something happens and they find out that you have 800hp, that "250 on a good day" just went out the window and you're sucking wind!!.. eek! Well, it DID have 250 hp when I insured it.... :D LOL Huh huh!!.. :D :D

FlatRacer
01-12-2003, 07:24 PM
Hate to tell you this 'cause I know you're anxious, but right now is not the time to be buying a circle boat.
A year from now, when the APBA mandates capsules, and this time it looks like they'll actually do it :rolleyes: , it's going to be a buyer's market for circle flats. Whatever you pay for a circle racer this year, it'll be worth half that next year. cry
If you have patience, you'll be able to get a killer bargain. :D
FR

A.SNEED
01-12-2003, 07:49 PM
COULD BE WRONG BUT DONT THINK THE CAPSULE THING WILL HAPPEN

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 08:31 PM
FlatRacer, I had the same feeling too...that was why I sold my old Biesemeyer in September. But, this time I'm buying one for a lake boat and we'll see what happens with the APBA.
A.Sneed, I know quite a few circle racers and they have ALL pretty much expressed the feeling that if they are required to have capsules, they're done. I've talked to many racers, past and present, and for the most part I think that the APBA can just plan on taking a big $$ hit by requiring capsules. I don't see there being enough boats to run SS,PS or K classes anymore with the capsule mandate. Is the APBA THAT stupid?

GN117 Big Dawg
01-12-2003, 08:31 PM
Hi flatracer! If the APBA

gnRacer98
01-12-2003, 08:39 PM
GN117 Big Dawg:
Hi flatracer! If the APBA Welcome to Hyper-Space Dawg.
Now calm down and try not to push all the buttons at once.

GN117 Big Dawg
01-12-2003, 08:44 PM
Hey FlatRacer...sorry about that, I pushed the wrong button! ( New guy on the computer!) I was going to say, if APBA does mandate capsules, the SS guys will simply strike a deal with the drag fags to run under their sanction, and probablly for more money than they are makin now! then they will take the Craker Boxes with them, and put on such a good show the drag fags will get jelous! Then watch the price of drag boats take a king size dump, every one knows that the sprinters are a better show. Think about it.

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 08:45 PM
Well, Just saw the new pics of how my old Biesemeyer is coming along....Now I gotta get another SOON. See the pics in the v-drive forum, serious issues racing thread

GN117 Big Dawg
01-12-2003, 08:47 PM
Hi GN98!!!! This fun !

ps555
01-12-2003, 08:49 PM
BigBoyToys mine has the right price tag on it buddy and its close to home, cant be those two things except of course if it was free :D

ps555
01-12-2003, 08:52 PM
I think people dont realize that the capsule deal wont hurt the ss boats at all, you will proably see the pro stock boats put ss motors in an run with superstocks, thats just what I thinking will happen.

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 08:54 PM
ps555:
BigBoyToys mine has the right price tag on it buddy and its close to home, cant be those two things except of course if it was free :D Yep...I can tell ya right now, you can count on me getting in touch with ya soon to have a look see.... Maybe Berryessa Saturday? Depending on weather? You're pretty close though, and JBG was telling me about your boat.... I've had folks calling me all day with Biesemeyers for sale....what's up with that (not that I mind it) but why is everyone selling them? Damn! I made that mistake once...

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 08:55 PM
Welcome to the Boards GN dudes! :)

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 08:56 PM
And yes, I have heard some talk about the SS boats jumping ship from the APBA and going over to a certain Drag Racing organization :D :) :)

gnRacer98
01-12-2003, 09:01 PM
ps555:
I think people dont realize that the capsule deal wont hurt the ss boats at all, you will proably see the pro stock boats put ss motors in an run with superstocks, thats just what I thinking will happen. I think what's going to hurt the SS deal is the people that want to buy them and turn them into trailer ornaments.
I don't mean to burst anybodies bubble but drag racing a Biesemeyer?
Wouldn't that be like riding your bicycle to Sturgis?

BILLY.B
01-12-2003, 09:03 PM
BBT, PS555's is the same hull as your old one. Saw the pictures of your old one, looks pretty clean. I kept thinking it was a newer style biesemeyer. A good friend of mine has an older one with a small block twin turbo'd chevy in his and the thing runs pretty hard, of course we relocated the motor about 11", and re-did the bottom and put 3" shorter plates on it. The thing is starting to handle alot better just need alittle more down on the launch and she'll be good to go. Of course the race guy's say there out dated but I bet Julian could spank most of them if Angel Fire was still around. :cool:

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 09:05 PM
BILLY.B:
BBT, PS555's is the same hull as your old one. Saw the pictures of your old one, looks pretty clean. I kept thinking it was a newer style biesemeyer. A good friend of mine has an older one with a small block twin turbo'd chevy in his and the thing runs pretty hard, of course we relocated the motor about 11", and re-did the bottom and put 3" shorter plates on it. The thing is starting to handle alot better just need alittle more down on the launch and she'll be good to go. Of course the race guy's say there out dated but I bet Julian could spank most of them if Angel Fire was still around. :cool: Yep! :D I'm looking at PS555's very seriously! Also got a call from Todd Hess out in Colorado who sent pics of his Biesemeyer for sale. That is definitely a nice one too.

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 09:08 PM
gnRacer98:
ps555:
I think people dont realize that the capsule deal wont hurt the ss boats at all, you will proably see the pro stock boats put ss motors in an run with superstocks, thats just what I thinking will happen. I think what's going to hurt the SS deal is the people that want to buy them and turn them into trailer ornaments.
I don't mean to burst anybodies bubble but drag racing a Biesemeyer?
Wouldn't that be like riding your bicycle to Sturgis? The SS boats won't be drag racing....But rather, running circle races at a drag event, such as with the ones that the SSRS does with IHBA at Red bluff and Firebird

GN117 Big Dawg
01-12-2003, 09:10 PM
GN98 ! Ridin your bike to Sturgis ! Hi Billy B!It's been a while brother!

ps555
01-12-2003, 09:11 PM
Billy B. I was told mine was one of Julians deals dont know if he raced or what but from what I was told he had it for a while.

GN117 Big Dawg
01-12-2003, 09:13 PM
Thats what I meant, the SS guys will run their sprint show to augment the drag show. Gees this is a tough crowd!

BigBoyToys
01-12-2003, 09:15 PM
Hey PS555, that boat of yours paint will kinda match my Suburban....it just might work! Damn I wish I didn't have so many projects going right now! Now I gotta build another engine for a Biesemeyer... :D
No worries, that will probably take priority over all the other projects wink
Uh oh...Just had a thought. K-Boat? Hmmm........
[ January 12, 2003, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

GN117 Big Dawg
01-12-2003, 09:17 PM
PS555! Was your piece Bill Simpson's deal that Gordie drove for a while?

BILLY.B
01-12-2003, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GN117 Big Dawg:
GN98 ! Ridin your bike to Sturgis ! Hi Billy B!It's been a while brother! [/QUOTE Whats going on Big Dawg? Sounds like someone is taking a little stab at our Biesemeyer river boats aka "Trailer Queens". It's quite simple actually, it's more fun at the river than playing the politics at the races and listening whining cry cry and complaining that goes on. It's a lot more fun to tip back a cold one at the end of the day after you have drag raced your Biesemeyer. You guys should come out and play! Needles Marina - April 27 - May 5

ps555
01-12-2003, 09:24 PM
gn117 no that boat sitting in his garage still I think, his k boat is in Az i think running on the river somewhere

ps555
01-12-2003, 09:28 PM
BigBoyToys what do you know mine is rigged to be a K boat wow all the pieces are falling into place for you :D :D

BILLY.B
01-12-2003, 09:29 PM
ps555:
Billy B. I was told mine was one of Julians deals dont know if he raced or what but from what I was told he had it for a while. I dont remember him driving it but that does'nt mean anything, I could call him and find out if you'd like?

gnRacer98
01-12-2003, 09:33 PM
Billy B.,
This will kill Sprint Boat racing faster than a capsule rule:
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=001779

ps555
01-12-2003, 09:34 PM
Billy B. if you get around to talkng to him I wouldnt mine know the real back round on my deal, helps when people ask me about it. Oh ya I talk to my buddy Bud with yellow rayson #5 turbo charged he says he coming back up needles to spank everyones ass again. lol smile_sp

A.SNEED
01-12-2003, 09:42 PM
GN98 WHY WOULD THAT KILL THE SPRINT BOAT CLASS?DOESNT MAKE MUCH SCENCE,THERES PLENTY OF DRAG CLASSES YOU CAN RUN ANY TYPE OF FLAT IN.

BILLY.B
01-12-2003, 09:46 PM
ps555:
Billy B. if you get around to talkng to him I wouldnt mine know the real back round on my deal, helps when people ask me about it. Oh ya I talk to my buddy Bud with yellow rayson #5 turbo charged he says he coming back up needles to spank everyones ass again. lol smile_sp Bud is alot of fun,Tell him my kids really appreciated the 50/50 ticket he gave them because him and Randy had to head home before we started the raffel. As far as kicking some ass, that boat definately hauls the mail, maybe Randy can stay in a straight line this time :D :D You should come with and play some golf with all of us! idea

BILLY.B
01-12-2003, 09:50 PM
gnRacer98:
Billy B.,
This will kill Sprint Boat racing faster than a capsule rule:
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=001779 You lost me. Or maybe it's getting to late for me to think,please explain :confused: :confused:

A.SNEED
01-12-2003, 09:52 PM
YES PLEASE EXPLAIN,CANT WAIT TO HERE THIS

ssmike
01-12-2003, 09:56 PM
Hey Billy,
Nice to see you around here...Need any legal advice.... Ha Ha.
Mike

gnRacer98
01-12-2003, 10:07 PM
A.SNEED:
GN98 WHY WOULD THAT KILL THE SPRINT BOAT CLASS?DOESNT MAKE MUCH SCENCE,THERES PLENTY OF DRAG CLASSES YOU CAN RUN ANY TYPE OF FLAT IN. If you keep siphoning the race boats for toys whats left to race with? Most of the racers can't afford new boats anymore than the river racers. Most can't afford a capsule either, but if that is what it takes to be safe I'm willing to find a way. If you want to drag race there are boats better suited to that purpose. I race circles because that's what I love and I don't let the politics get in the way.
I also tip a cold one at the end of the day knowing that APBA provides for a rescue crew and an ambulance when I'm out playing.
Who's provide rescue at Needles, CFW?
Is there an ambulance with paramedics or EMT if you break your neck or puncture a lung?

BILLY.B
01-12-2003, 10:13 PM
ssmike:
Hey Billy,
Nice to see you around here...Need any legal advice.... Ha Ha.
Mike Nice to know you moved chief.Didn't even know tell I saw it on these boards. Are you and your Dad coming to needles?

A.SNEED
01-12-2003, 10:14 PM
NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE LOOKING FOR A FLAT TO RACE THAT COULDNT FIND ONE AND PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BUYING USED ONES FOR A LONG TIME DONT THINK THERE GOING TO RUN OUT OF BOATS ANYTIME SOON.

BILLY.B
01-12-2003, 10:26 PM
gnRacer98:
A.SNEED:
GN98 WHY WOULD THAT KILL THE SPRINT BOAT CLASS?DOESNT MAKE MUCH SCENCE,THERES PLENTY OF DRAG CLASSES YOU CAN RUN ANY TYPE OF FLAT IN. If you keep siphoning the race boats for toys whats left to race with? Most of the racers can't afford new boats anymore than the river racers. Most can't afford a capsule either, but if that is what it takes to be safe I'm willing to find a way. If you want to drag race there are boats better suited to that purpose. I race circles because that's what I love and I don't let the politics get in the way.
I also tip a cold one at the end of the day knowing that APBA provides for a rescue crew and an ambulance when I'm out playing.
Who's provide rescue at Needles, CFW?
Is there an ambulance with paramedics or EMT if you break your neck or puncture a lung? We were walking around at long beach in august with some potential sponsors to try and help with a K program and when they looked at some of the equipment people were running and they could'nt believe the safety inspection people would let them run. I understand the money thing but alot of our river boats are better maintained then the race boats and hopefully people use there heads when running any boat. :cool: But you do bring up a good point, and thats what I say when a 28ft cat goes by at 100 mph with 6 people on board, what if!!

gnRacer98
01-12-2003, 11:04 PM
Remember when guys like Rudy Ramos, Irv Brendel and Jack Davidson made history with their racing innovations?
Why is it nowadays everyone just wants to talk about history?
Do I have to go hydroplane or outboard racing to be innovative now? I hope not. Thanksgiving I happened upon the outboard guys doing capsule training in the pool. I stopped to watch thinking it would be good entertainment. When I walked away, I was impressed, they were serious enough about safety to do something about it. Yet all I hear from the inboard guys is "I can't afford it" or "nobodies been hurt in my class for years".
The Outboards have evolved, the inboards are still running the same equipment they ran 30 years ago. Why? Are we too cheap or just too lazy?
Maybe we're just content to repeat history?

CircleJerk
01-13-2003, 12:57 AM
Why? Are we too cheap or just too lazy?
Maybe we're just content to repeat history? [/QB][/QUOTE]
Why indeed! Because I just love the old classic flatbottoms and yes, I'm cheap! We race two boats on a budget of 1500 per year with a total investment under 10Gs!!
Lets repeat the fun we had way back when flats made boating history with Nostalgic Circle Boat Racing!! Staying capsule free by staying under 80 mph! That's just one smile_sp JeRks opinion....
[ January 13, 2003, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: CircleJerk ]

BigBoyToys
01-13-2003, 05:33 AM
ps555:
BigBoyToys what do you know mine is rigged to be a K boat wow all the pieces are falling into place for you :D :D PS555, check your PM's

Bad Meds
01-13-2003, 06:54 AM
This ones for sale now with no motor http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/dave1.JPG http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/dave21.JPG contact Dave 530-945-7573

Morg
01-13-2003, 07:31 AM
After last fathers day at cfw, I would deffinatly call that Sanger a circle boat, or at least it tried to turn (spin). eek! eek! eek! jawdrop
Morg.

BILLY.B
01-13-2003, 07:37 AM
gnRacer98:
Remember when guys like Rudy Ramos, Irv Brendel and Jack Davidson made history with their racing innovations?
Do I have to go hydroplane or outboard racing to be innovative now? I hope not. Thanksgiving I happened upon the outboard guys doing capsule training in the pool. I stopped to watch thinking it would be good entertainment. When I walked away, I was impressed, they were serious enough about safety to do something about it. Yet all I hear from the inboard guys is "I can't afford it" or "nobodies been hurt in my class for years".
The Outboards have evolved, the inboards are still running the same equipment they ran 30 years ago. Why? Are we too cheap or just too lazy?
Maybe we're just content to repeat history? Again you bring up a very valid point. I know what your saying about the speeds at these river outtings and lack of emergency equipment if something were to go wrong,and believe me we try to talk to anybody who we feel could be driving over the edge without making it seem like were more on top of it then they are. I started wearing a helmet about 2 years ago, should have before then, ("NOTHING CAN HAPPEN") but figured people would think LOOK AT THAT DICK (PROBABLY DO ANYWAY) :D :D But Jack Landers knows first hand, He said to me after I ran my boat at Red Rock that if he was going anywhere near my speed he was going to buy a helmet and jacket, Luckly he did because he crashed the following day, And thank GOD he was o.k., Boat was destroyed. GN 98 it takes alot of "MONEY" to maintain these things as well you know, and I agree that people figure it wont happen to me but when it does(GOD Forbid) there is always finger pointing. I have my prop shaft, props and rudder x-rayed every year, and replace my kill switch regularly, blower-mag-fuel pump checked, just that cost me about $1500, but in the long run I think it's worth it. Better SAFE then SORRY. cry :cool: :cool:

GofastRacer
01-13-2003, 08:02 AM
BILLY.B:
gnRacer98:
Maybe we're just content to repeat history? Again you bring up a very valid point. I know what your saying about the speeds at these river outtings and lack of emergency equipment if something were to go wrong,and believe me we try to talk to anybody who we feel could be driving over the edge without making it seem like were more on top of it then they are. I started wearing a helmet about 2 years ago, should have before then, ("NOTHING CAN HAPPEN") but figured people would think LOOK AT THAT DICK (PROBABLY DO ANYWAY) :D :D But Jack Landers knows first hand, He said to me after I ran my boat at Red Rock that if he was going anywhere near my speed he was going to buy a helmet and jacket, Luckly he did because he crashed the following day, And thank GOD he was o.k., Boat was destroyed. GN 98 it takes alot of "MONEY" to maintain these things as well you know, and I agree that people figure it wont happen to me but when it does(GOD Forbid) there is always finger pointing. I have my prop shaft, props and rudder x-rayed every year, and replace my kill switch regularly, blower-mag-fuel pump checked, just that cost me about $1500, but in the long run I think it's worth it. Better SAFE then SORRY. cry :cool: :cool: AMEN!!, a lot of people should read this!!... eek!

SERIOUS ISSUES
01-13-2003, 08:30 AM
HEY BBT, GLAD YOU LIKE THE BOAT. THE WIFE SAID SHE WOULD SELL IT BACK FOR 12,500.

Morg
01-13-2003, 08:36 AM
I second the Amen.
I personly believe everyone who gets in one of these boats & goes fast, Is totaly responsible for their own safety. I know that is a given but the point I am trying to make is this. I have raced in a number of arena's, dirt bikes, street bikes, cars ect. The one given In all these different types of racing is. It's not whether or not you are going to have a problem it's "when" are you going to have a problem. I do my best to make shure my equipment is in excellent condition & as safe as possible. I also know that even with the best preppared stuff "Things go wrong". Personaly every time I get in a fast boat I wear my kevlar shorts & SRP jacket.
I am not trying to rain on the parrade but, I beleive we should all be preppared for the worst & enjoy the amazingly good times we have at the river & lakes.
Morg.

GofastRacer
01-13-2003, 09:10 AM
Yup, I hear ya, I see so many people haulin ass in a boat and not even a ski vest on, I hate to even watch!!..... eek!

dossangers
01-13-2003, 11:54 AM
Im guilty ! after red rock the boats running the best its ever had im buyiny a race jacket and will have my helmet next year.Also after talking to v drive tom i went thru my drive line cracked strut. never thought about the safty before but when i heard about jacks crash it sobered me up anything over a 100 mph is fast on water already visited lifeline thanksgiving and picked out a jacket!!

superdave013
01-13-2003, 12:09 PM
Yup, Now I know they were not in a v drive but it's been just a little over a year now that the HTM deal happened. 1-11-02, don't forget!

GofastRacer
01-13-2003, 12:59 PM
superdave013:
Yup, Now I know they were not in a v drive but it's been just a little over a year now that the HTM deal happened. 1-11-02, don't forget! May not have been a v-drive, but they were HAULIN ass, that's all it takes!!.. eek!

BigBoyToys
01-13-2003, 06:52 PM
SERIOUS ISSUES:
HEY BBT, GLAD YOU LIKE THE BOAT. THE WIFE SAID SHE WOULD SELL IT BACK FOR 12,500. Yep...REALLY NICE BOAT :D But, seems like I sold a boat not too long ago for a pretty good price and it sorta left me in the hole wink J/K.
You folks have fun with it. I know I did. Keep me updated on the progress of the boat and the trips out to the races.

BILLY.B
01-14-2003, 06:28 AM
PS555, I talked to Julian last night and he does not know anything about the boat other then he built the hull, and according to him he only had one bottom mold and two deck molds, yours is the ski deck which you may or may not know. wink

FlatRacer
01-14-2003, 07:39 PM
Billy B:
Doesn't the ski deck mean that the hull has a straighter bottom (by that I mean less rocker), and is therefore more suited to lake duty than racing? Or, does the configuration of the deck have no relationship to the shape of the bottom? I believe the Kelron Spitfire hull was splashed off this version of Biesemeyer, was it not?
I'd like to learn more about Biesemeyer mold history, but most of what I think I know is from observation, inference and conjecture. Please, if you can, set the record straight for us. Maybe, if you have a relationship with Julian, you can give us the straight poop on the evolution of the Biesemeyer hulls.
I used to talk occasionally with Ray Brown, back when I was buying my last hull, a "Bezer", but I have since lost contact with him. Is he still in AZ?
Eric Tolnes
NY, NY

ps555
01-14-2003, 07:51 PM
BillyB thanks for the info, I guess some guy with the last name Moore had it back east and he said he was national champion one year, also said Duff Dailey and Lance drove it at one time, but i think he was stroking his cock when said that stuff.

SK48
01-14-2003, 08:07 PM
Flatracer, Ray Brown is still in Havasu and running a company called Premier Golf Carts. Can you believe a guy with his knowledge of flatbottoms is building custom golf cars.

GofastRacer
01-14-2003, 09:02 PM
SK48:
Flatracer, Ray Brown is still in Havasu and running a company called Premier Golf Carts. Can you believe a guy with his knowledge of flatbottoms is building custom golf cars. Wow, Ray is building golf carts yuuukk, guess there's more money in golf carts than boats??.. :confused:

BILLY.B
01-14-2003, 09:48 PM
GofastRacer:
SK48:
Flatracer, Ray Brown is still in Havasu and running a company called Premier Golf Carts. Can you believe a guy with his knowledge of flatbottoms is building custom golf cars. Wow, Ray is building golf carts yuuukk, guess there's more money in golf carts than boats??.. :confused: Ray will still help some people from time to time,and I have tried to get him to come to one of these v-drive regattas but it just never seems to be the right timing.Ray is a super person and a very good friend of mine and his knowledge of a Biesemeyer hull, plate adjustment and set up's were a big help to me when we were racing, not to mention he's alot of fun to screw with. Deep dowm I think he really does miss the boats and all the friends he made through the years. :) :)

A.SNEED
01-14-2003, 09:51 PM
BILLY B DIDNT NO YOU RACED ANYTHING WHAT DID YOU GUYS RUN

BILLY.B
01-14-2003, 10:34 PM
A.SNEED:
BILLY B DIDNT NO YOU RACED ANYTHING WHAT DID YOU GUYS RUN A.SNEED, a good friend of mine named Don Christy & I ran a P.C. back in the early 80's named MR.BIG STUFF, he set the 5 mile record with the boat on Larwence Lake in Yelm WA, he got rookie of the year honors, flat bottom driver of the year and beat another great driver pretty often by the name of Jamie Jameson. HE quit racing after that and he helped me run my K boat (K-11)in the late 80's with Bob Bode driving. I had also helped a buddy of mine with his K (Bud Burnett) also K-11, with Tom Stolarz, Don Christy, Stevie Smith, Johnny Mccardle,and Julian Pettingill all sharing driving time, not exactly in that order. I also ran a SS with Gordon Jennings driving my boat called KRAZY KOLORS EXPRESS SS12.

GN117 Big Dawg
01-14-2003, 10:41 PM
Back when boat racin was fun huh Billy!

GN117 Big Dawg
01-14-2003, 11:03 PM
Racing is still fun, but the from the mid-eighties until the late ninties, boy did we have a ton of fun. We have all had such a tough couple of years, with the loss of so many dear freinds, it just doesn't feel the same. But, we go where our freinds would excpect us to go, compete as we would compete against them, and never ever lift! However, Billy,
your invitation to come out and play at Needles is sure tempting, although some one is going to have to teach us how to go boating recreationally instead of competitvly! I'll bet ya we can learn quickly.....ya think?

BILLY.B
01-15-2003, 06:15 AM
GN117 Big Dawg:
Racing is still fun, but the from the mid-eighties until the late ninties, boy did we have a ton of fun. We have all had such a tough couple of years, with the loss of so many dear freinds, it just doesn't feel the same. But, we go where our freinds would excpect us to go, compete as we would compete against them, and never ever lift! However, Billy,
your invitation to come out and play at Needles is sure tempting, although some one is going to have to teach us how to go boating recreationally instead of competitvly! I'll bet ya we can learn quickly.....ya think? BIG DAWG I think you would adapt very easily. There is plenty of evening passes for you to compete in or just sit back with a cold frosty/margarita some munches, like Lance said when he came to needles it's more like a endurance race, drinking,eating, and running your boat, it just does'nt get any better then that! I must be getting older/wiser because of the recent loss of some good buddies, the tipping of a cold one during the day when the boat is in the water is now a memorie, things happen way to quick and every time I go out I think about our buddies and if I don't feel like going fast I don't, thats the beauty of the v-drive outtings you can cruise or throttle to the floor, no pressure, but every once in a while the competitive nature comes out. BIG DAWG you are one of the reasons people do have fun at the races so as long as "YOU" continue to have fun I think thats great, but you will always be welcome to hang with us anytime you wish! Be safe out there and hopefully we will see you at Needles. :D :D wink

LeE ss13
01-15-2003, 06:36 PM
Billy B.
Check your PM.

BigBoyToys
01-17-2003, 05:55 AM
PS555, check your PM

TX flat
02-06-2003, 09:27 AM
ok i have been reading all these post here. So what is "MR King of Circle Boats" ( Julian) doing these days???? I moved from CA in 1975 and havnt been to a circle race since. I now have my dads boat, '72 biesemeyer. My dad have to beg and beg Julian to sell it to him. He was afraid of them damn CA guys pulling a mold from it. We bought it for our family ski boat and assured him we were not gonna race it. He built us a clone of his less the flames. At the time we got it the only biesemeyers that race in CA were Julin's coldfire and George McDougal's red "fat rat". Will never forget the weekend at parker when he lost the original "coldfire". Paul's anglefire was one badass sk boat too!! I have just found this sight and sure do like seeing all this old talk.
Doug

TX flat
02-06-2003, 09:36 AM
forgot to add the picture of what the boat looks like now
http://www.geocities.com/harvick_29@sbcglobal.net/index.html

GN117 Big Dawg
02-06-2003, 09:50 AM
TXFlat if you are looking for a rightious, I mean 100% perfect Biesmeyer PS / SS give me a shout. I can tell you right now, the price is absolutly in line and it's totally race worthy.

TX flat
02-06-2003, 10:38 AM
big dawg. I have one already thanks, Look at the url on the post above your last reply. this is our old family ski boat i was talking about.
Thanks for the reply

BILLY.B
02-08-2003, 07:07 AM
TX Flat, Why don't you bring the boat out to Neddles? J.J.Beaver from Texas is coming out and would like to hook up with someone coming out from that direction. The dates are April27th-May4th. Lot of fun and a big turn out. I will be talking to Julian again soon and he has expressed interest in going to this event. :cool:

TX flat
02-13-2003, 08:53 AM
would love to go . Not a good time this year maybe another time, I would love to see Jullian again. I have e-mailed JJ a few times and think we wil get together this summer. have fun and someone take LOTS of pictures