01-24-2006, 12:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2304512
Discuss

Hardly Satisfied
01-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Looks like the kakers missed out on getting artest

dmontzsta
01-24-2006, 12:40 PM
damn, that sucks. Oh well, the Lakers have lots of options right now. I think they need to jump on spreewell, he just lowered his asking price too. They could use an experienced forward.

al cole'holic
01-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Looks like the kakers missed out on getting artest
..sucks :(
Artest, a little refining with O'dumb and Bynum...we would be the shizzy..

jdogginla
01-24-2006, 12:43 PM
damn, that sucks. Oh well, the Lakers have lots of options right now. I think they need to jump on spreewell, he just lowered his asking price too. They could use an experienced forward.
Sprewell will become a Clipper......... :)

dmontzsta
01-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Sprewell will become a Clipper......... :)
sucks for him.
:)

Jyruiz
01-24-2006, 02:06 PM
The Lakers are young and getting along great, so why bring in a cancer like Artest or Spree. The Kings are desperate, and unlike the Lakers, they are not improving with all of the injuries they have, they (the Kings) need to do something. Artest is a great talent, but he is not worth the trouble.

dmontzsta
01-24-2006, 05:50 PM
The deal is off...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2304512
Rumor in Laker town is Artest wants to play in L.A. He has always been a Kobe fan, he has also been spotted at atleast 2 games so far. Kobe was on AM 570 and said it would be nice to have Artest, cause he is a defensive presence and could really fit in well.
hmmm...
Smush Parker
Kobe Bryant
Ron Artest
Lamar Odom
Chris Mihm
I think the players they offered were Cook, George and Slava, but Indiana rejected it, cause they want Odom. The Lakers have already said Odom is not up on the block.
I cannot wait to see Turiaf on the court, I hear he is a monster. With him, a maturing Bynum and a better player Brown, the Lakers could be a strong playoff team.

dmontzsta
01-24-2006, 07:14 PM
The Lakers will never have a lineup with Artest and Odom. First, Indiana won't do it and second, the Lakers can't afford it. Personally, I'm glad that the deal for Maggette fell apart last month, I don't want Artest in a Clipper uniform. I do want Sprewell. He's an ass, but he's an ass that can play basketball and he's one of those guys that management hates but his teammates always like. He's the Carl Everett of the NBA. :D
It is a sticky situation, Artest seems to have the Pacers by the balls. Pacers have asked for Odom, Lakers say no deal. They only want to get rid of scrubs, George, Slava, Cook, etc...Artest only wants to play where he wants to play.

Woodster
01-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Deal is off as of now..Artrest rejected the trade. Maybe he will go to the Lakers afterall

dmontzsta
01-24-2006, 08:49 PM
At this point, Ron Artest has played like 10 games in a year in a half. How much do you want to invest in a guy with a bad attitude and no playing time?
Very true. But, he is one of those naturals. If he is happy, he will score a minimum 15ppg and play great D.

KineticoH20
01-24-2006, 08:57 PM
It is a sticky situation, Artest seems to have the Pacers by the balls. Pacers have asked for Odom, Lakers say no deal. They only want to get rid of scrubs, George, Slava, Cook, etc...Artest only wants to play where he wants to play.
Idon't think Stoacovich or however you spell his name is all that, i think he is very soft, he can shoot but so cak cook, if i was a gm i would take george a good player with good defensive skills, cook a very good shooter and slava well slave does have an upside somewhere, over what Sac offered.

dmontzsta
01-24-2006, 09:05 PM
I just got some more RUMORS.
"There were other deals on the table but the Los Angeles Lakers have refused to trade Lamar Odom for Artest and Austin Croshere, and the Pacers turned down a deal with the Clippers for Corey Maggette because Maggette's foot injury may be more severe than expected and backed out. They are not interested in any other Clippers."
"Also the Golden State Warriors were believed to have gotten involved as recently as today, offering a package of Mike Dunleavy Jr., Calbert Cheaney and another player for Artest. But Dunleavy, who signed a five-year, $45 million extension before the season, and has a contract that would complicate the deal. The Pacers would not take on his contract."
"Ron Artest has been summoned to a Wednesday morning meeting by the Indiana Pacers , who want to hear from the player himself on whether he is standing in the way of a trade to the Sacramento Kings for Peja Stojakovic,"
"Artest has went on record, stating he only wants to play for the Lakers or Knicks. The Buss Family seems to shoot down offers. They are not willing to part with certain players. The Knicks really do not have much to offer. Also, Artest might be concerned with their failing record."
"Meanwhile, the Kings now have an angry Stojakovic. They will need to make a deal for him very soon. "The way I was treated today, I was disappointed," Stojakovic told ESPN.com in Philadelphia. "I feel kind of disrespected with the way I found out. Thank God they have TVs here. I understand being traded, but this is situation is weird. I had already planned my flight back to Sacramento, and now everything is reversed.
"I guess this is just a business, but the way I was told and the way I found out, I feel I deserved better from [Kings owners Joe and Gavin Maloof]. Anybody can get traded in the NBA, but the way I found out, it was disrespectful. I deserve better after seven and a half years."
and the beat goes on... :)

dmontzsta
01-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Please quote your source.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2304942
I am pulling it from ClubLakers, RealGM, HoopsWorld, etc... Of course, I only believe 40% of what I hear from "fans" and average joes. They all seem to know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy who know a GM. hahaha. But still, it is interesting.

dmontzsta
01-24-2006, 09:21 PM
Every single one of those quotes was taken verbatim from the link I provided from ESPN.com.
I just read that link, you are right. Damnit, I went through slow ass forums to get them too. :)
I really hope Ron stays away, his attitude will be a conflict. I am hoping the Buss family is holding strong, cause they are sticking to their original plan. They were supposed to have big money to spend in 07/08 to try and sign James, Ming, or another big name. I know when Vlade was playing, they were thinking of trying to sign Peja, under his recommendation.

JetBoatRich
01-24-2006, 09:23 PM
The guy has a great history in his life :yuk: why would you not want him :yuk:

acatitude
01-24-2006, 09:50 PM
well going to a lot of kings games for years, I say to bad what peja feels like. he didnt seem upset earlier when he stated in the papers he wanted to go to chicago. and if artest goes nusto here i dont think we have lost much. we will just play kevin martin who is improving and I would rather have him playing then peja anyways.
To bad the kings didnt do this trade last year when they still had webber and bobby jackson around him, that would have been sweet
Kings problem is they have no keader to keep artest in check unless you say its bonzi, thats a deal huh>>> bonzi and artest. oh well sacramento welcome to the nba lol. ill take him over peja anytime. what bird sees in peja i dont anymore and to think pejas going to play any defense in the east lol he'll get killed over there

KineticoH20
01-24-2006, 09:58 PM
well going to a lot of kings games for years, I say to bad what peja feels like. he didnt seem upset earlier when he stated in the papers he wanted to go to chicago. and if artest goes nusto here i dont think we have lost much. we will just play kevin martin who is improving and I would rather have him playing then peja anyways.
To bad the kings didnt do this trade last year when they still had webber and bobby jackson around him, that would have been sweet
Kings problem is they have no keader to keep artest in check unless you say its bonzi, thats a deal huh>>> bonzi and artest. oh well sacramento welcome to the nba lol. ill take him over peja anytime. what bird sees in peja i dont anymore and to think pejas going to play any defense in the east lol he'll get killed over there
Dude you hit it right on, i think Peja is way over rated, yea he can shoot, but like you said in the east how many open 3s do you get? Bibby is a baller though! he's a stud and thats alot comming from a devout Laker fan.

acatitude
01-24-2006, 10:07 PM
well i lived in LA for years and it took a while for me to become a kings fan after going to all the old magic kareem worthy laker games(showin my age, lol).
just goes to show ya. the kings have a better team man for man then the lakers, but you dont win in this league without the superstar.
I was hopin wed trade peja miller and 1 more player for garnett. but ill take artest and good rythums to peja. he will be on the dl in a week in the east.