PDA

View Full Version : UPSux

BUSHWACKER
12-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Anyone else have a problem with them they blew 2 delivers in 3 days, 1 on Thur got here Fri the 1 for Mon they say will be here Tue
Last week it was left on the truck....I forgot!
Today forgot to put it on the truck... ooops!
NOT my first problem with them either, too many over the years
Can ya say FEDEX?

Cole Sanger
12-12-2006, 12:08 AM
I wish I had a dime for everytime they said it wasn't on the truck. Tracking number says out for delivery as of really early. One time I heard something drop inside the truck. Asked if item 5 out of 10 was on truck. Next day item 5 arrives with the box all messed up - from the drop. Fedex no problems.

BUSHWACKER
12-12-2006, 12:48 AM
Seems some have a problem with the truth, I did talk to a UPSux supervisor before I posted. Seems that too many of us have had a problem with them, read the comments on S&F so far. You really don't want to hear all my UPSux horror stories.

Forkin' Crazy
12-12-2006, 03:28 AM
I think it should be OOPS instead of UPS.
I had two packages 2nd day air. I figured if I orded it on Monday, it should be there on Friday at the least. Well, I tracked it and when it was only 50 miles away, it was put on a truck that went 150 miles the other side of me. I called the OOPS supe and I couldn't even drive to go pick it up because there would be no one there. It was for my son... so much for plans that weekend. :mad: Oh, I got a refund on my shipping, but if I had wanted cheap, I wouldn't have specified 2nd day..... I wonder if I would have gone Next Day if I would have gotten it in 3 days? :idea:
Also, they have this "package must be packed and be able to with stand a drop from 4 feet". HA!!! :rolleyes: Yea, what they don't tell you is "it had better be able to take a hit from a 75# box from 4 feet". It's more like the lottery... You might get it, you might not.....
And damages? Every try to make a claim? All they have to do is claim that it was not packaged properly, and that is their out. :redface:
Welcome aboard and believe it or not your FNG status won't interfer with the reception you'll receive here at ***boat Central even though you start out slamming one of our premier boat parts shipping companies.
LOL!!!! :hammerhea
"Premier boat parts shipping companies"....
:rolleyes:

Huckleberry
12-12-2006, 03:55 AM
And damages? Every try to make a claim? All they have to do is claim that it was not packaged properly, and that is their out. :redface:
Yep. That's what the fockers did to me when they f'ed up my cleavers. Never again with UPS!

Jbb
12-12-2006, 04:05 AM
LOL!!!! :hammerhea
"Premier boat parts shipping companies"....
:rolleyes:
Yep...I shipped 7 boxes from Santa Rosa Calif. to Atlanta a year ago...These boxes were heavy duty......from shipping electric motors.....Of the 7 boxes I shippped, only one arrive undamaged....and one took 3 weeks to get....:jawdrop:
I call to complain about the boxes being torn open ...and contents missing.....I fill out all the forms, I talk to Sfo...who says contact Atl..
Atl says Contact Sfo....
After talking to countless customer service people ...I finally get a local rep who wants to come out and see the boxes.....tells me she's coming...never shows up.......A few weeks later I make one last attempt....after what seems like an eternity on the phone ....and telling the story for the hundreth time,the woman says ..."I am going to be able to help you".....that was a year ago ....never heard back from anyone.... "Tightest ship in the shipping business"....:D ...I dont think so.. :p .....live and learn......I use FedEx alot....and have never had a problem.... Im sure overall UPS has good numbers......doesn't mean alot, when you are one that falls thru the cracks....

killerbeez
12-12-2006, 06:45 AM
My brother had sent me a package and when I recieved it,it had tire marks on it.:supp: :confused:

voodoomedman
12-12-2006, 07:09 AM
Im sure overall UPS has good numbers......doesn't mean alot, when you are one that falls thru the cracks....
That's exactly it right there. No one ships more packages on time and undamaged then we do. No one has a higher on time undamaged percentage either. Unfortunately if your the person who had the bad experience then you don't care about everybody else who didn't have a problem. I know I wouldn't. It's the same reason I get conversion's from the competition frequently. Usually because it's the other way around with packages being damaged and poor service from the competition. We have better service. I'm sorry for your guys problem but if you ever need help with a shipment then shoot me a PM. I'm not the President or anything but I will do all I can to help or steer you in the right direction, especially if the package is in my district.

KreatinKaos
12-12-2006, 08:50 AM
I switched to FedEx , and all my shipping problems ended :mix: It's been two years for me now without a damaged , late , or lost pakage :)

LAFD
12-12-2006, 08:57 AM
That's exactly it right there. No one ships more packages on time and undamaged then we do. No one has a higher on time undamaged percentage either. Unfortunately if your the person who had the bad experience then you don't care about everybody else who didn't have a problem. I know I wouldn't. It's the same reason I get conversion's from the competition frequently. Usually because it's the other way around with packages being damaged and poor service from the competition. We have better service. I'm sorry for your guys problem but if you ever need help with a shipment then shoot me a PM. I'm not the President or anything but I will do all I can to help or steer you in the right direction, especially if the package is in my district.
where is your district?

catman-do
12-12-2006, 08:58 AM
knock on wood, but ive never had problems with either. I dont send heavy boxes, just next day air mail and they all get there on time. Ive got a efw friends that work there and I hear about the stories though. Mostly of people that are assholes to them and the people will drop boxes of belts, grind them into belts etc... during the plane-ground. I figure just like everywhere you are going to have some people that are out for revenge.

HM
12-12-2006, 09:01 AM
I think it should be OOPS instead of UPS.
Hey...I was calling them that 20 years ago when I drove for them. Sheeeeet, today is mild compared to what used to happen years ago. We would have packages drop from belts that were 30ft off the ground. Then, we would play foot ball with the MSD boxes goint to and from Rex Marine. :D
I personally have had a major problem with FedEx and DHL. UPS does a good job around here. Plus, my driver owns a Cobra - so we get to talk boats here and there when he has a spare second.

voodoomedman
12-12-2006, 09:04 AM
where is your district?Southeast Cal District.
Basically San Gabriel Valley, Inland Valley, Inland Desert, High Desert and such.

Forkin' Crazy
12-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Thanks for your post. :) I think the UPS is a bit callous from prior insurance abuse... just like most of the insurance companies. I shipped with UPS the other day. :D I know a guy that sends off parts everyday, so when I need something shipped, especially business to business I use them, b/c it’s cheaper. I have had problems and everyone has been nice, but it’s frustrating sometimes. :o
Oh yea and....http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/767OOPSlogo_1_.jpg
;)

voodoomedman
12-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Thanks for your post. :) I think the UPS is a bit callous from prior insurance abuse... just like most of the insurance companies. I shipped with UPS the other day. :D I know a guy that sends off parts everyday, so when I need something shipped, especially business to business I use them, b/c it’s cheaper. I have had problems and everyone has been nice, but it’s frustrating sometimes. :o
Oh yea and....http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/767OOPSlogo_1_.jpg
;)
If it's declared value. I.E. over $100 and you are paying for that extra insurance then Crawford is denying the claim not UPS. If there is no insurance on the package than you are covered by UPS up to $100. If you truly packaged it correctly and it was damaged or if it was lost and the claim was denied then bark a little louder and you should be able to get it overturned. If nothing the PM me the tracking # and I will check into it. No promises but I will check into it.

YeLLowBoaT
12-12-2006, 04:01 PM
So who runs the Sacramento area... I want to give them a piece of my mind...I keep getting "talk to this person" when I call...

voodoomedman
12-12-2006, 04:38 PM
So who runs the Sacramento area... I want to give them a piece of my mind...I keep getting "talk to this person" when I call...
PM me with your situation and I'll see if I can help you or get you to the right person (not the hand off person). I don't think I know anybody personally up there but.........

Konabrent
12-12-2006, 06:19 PM
I paid for 2 day air to meet a VERY important deadline....got it a week and 2 days later...blew a big $$$$ deal!

upsman105
12-12-2006, 09:52 PM
I delivered 450 pkgs today, on time and without damages. It sure would be nice if one of my customers were on here and responded. I guess when things go right though, nobody has anything to say. I wonder how many pkgs you guys have received, or shipped through UPS without any problems??
But that was in the past, it doesn't count anymore.

YeLLowBoaT
12-12-2006, 09:56 PM
I delivered 450 pkgs today, on time and without damages. It sure would be nice if one of my customers were on here and responded. I guess when things go right though, nobody has anything to say. I wonder how many pkgs you guys have received, or shipped through UPS without any problems??
this year I have shiped out 4 packages with ups... 3 were damageed had 5 shiped to me 1 never made it 1 damaged( by the driver watched her throw it to my door) other 3 were fine.
so out of all my dealings with UPS this year...your 4/9 fedex is 1/1 PO is 3/3 on packages...

Eliminator 4 Life
12-12-2006, 09:58 PM
I did that and worked 12 hours:hammerhea
no one respects that though we still lost or damaged someones pacakage

voodoomedman
12-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Actually there a quite a few on here that have given us praise. The thing is that this is ***boat and this topic is a dead horse and the regulars are done with it. Get off of here and have a beer and relax. You have a long day ahead of you tomorrow. I'm guessing you won't be pulling a nine five anytime in the next week and a half.

voodoomedman
12-12-2006, 10:01 PM
I did that and worked 12 hours:hammerhea
no one respects that though we still lost or damaged someones pacakage
Now if we could just get you on the Ultra bandwagon. Hmmmmmmmmm.
Have to get Scott on it too. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Rexone
12-12-2006, 10:07 PM
As nearly always UPSman, folks rarely mention the 98% on time and undamaged, only the bad. I understand that too. When stuff gets lost and damaged its a pain in the ass for everyone involved. I had posted our on-time delivery report earlier but deleted it. It wasn't the focus of the thread. 98% overall, 100% on all air for October which represented around 1000 packages or more.
Doesn't matter though. This thread is all about the 2% bad. And I'm not belittling that, just putting it in perspective from a shippers point of view. All the shipping carriers have a small % of damage and mis-delivery issues. It's just a matter of when your number comes up.
The shipper itself has a lot to do with damage factor though. Much of the time it's mis-packaged or under-packaged that results in problems. I know this as we ship probably 15-20000 packages per year, and have for 2 decades. I can count the damage claims we've had from UPS from the past year on my fingers. Mis-shipments a little higher but not big. Just rambling. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. :)

Rexone
12-12-2006, 10:12 PM
this year I have shiped out 4 packages with ups... 3 were damageed had 5 shiped to me 1 never made it 1 damaged( by the driver watched her throw it to my door) other 3 were fine.
so out of all my dealings with UPS this year...your 4/9 fedex is 1/1 PO is 3/3 on packages...
Sounds like a specific driver problem. I have witnessed this too in the past and can relate. A decade or more ago we got a bad driver. Lots of issues from attitude to package abuse. I complained loud enough and another driver was assigned to our pickup and delivery. Problems eliminated.
I'm sure all the shipping companies deal with this as well just as all businesses have problem employees occasionally.

upsman105
12-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Now if we could just get you on the Ultra bandwagon. Hmmmmmmmmm.
Have to get Scott on it too. Hmmmmmmmmmm.
I am about ready for a bigger boat.:idea: :idea:

voodoomedman
12-12-2006, 10:27 PM
PM Ultra28, Rvrtoy, ShockwaveBD or JohnwithJM. Tell them I sent you. I'm still trying to get a commision deal from them. :D

voodoomedman
12-12-2006, 10:30 PM
As nearly always UPSman, folks rarely mention the 98% on time and undamaged, only the bad. I understand that too. When stuff gets lost and damaged its a pain in the ass for everyone involved. I had posted our on-time delivery report earlier but deleted it. It wasn't the focus of the thread. 98% overall, 100% on all air for October which represented around 1000 packages or more.
Doesn't matter though. This thread is all about the 2% bad. And I'm not belittling that, just putting it in perspective from a shippers point of view. All the shipping carriers have a small % of damage and mis-delivery issues. It's just a matter of when your number comes up.
The shipper itself has a lot to do with damage factor though. Much of the time it's mis-packaged or under-packaged that results in problems. I know this as we ship probably 15-20000 packages per year, and have for 2 decades. I can count the damage claims we've had from UPS from the past year on my fingers. Mis-shipments a little higher but not big. Just rambling. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. :)
Yep. We are doing around 20 million packages a day right now. No one else is even close to that. So basically more customer equals more complaints. It happens. We just need to take care of it when it does happen.
Sounds like a specific driver problem. I have witnessed this too in the past and can relate. A decade or more ago we got a bad driver. Lots of issues from attitude to package abuse. I complained loud enough and another driver was assigned to our pickup and delivery. Problems eliminated.
I'm sure all the shipping companies deal with this as well just as all businesses have problem employees occasionally.
Yep. In talking with him, it seems this is the case. I am trying to get some info from him to get him the right people to talk to.

Eliminator 4 Life
12-13-2006, 05:53 AM
Actually there a quite a few on here that have given us praise. The thing is that this is ***boat and this topic is a dead horse and the regulars are done with it. Get off of here and have a beer and relax. You have a long day ahead of you tomorrow. I'm guessing you won't be pulling a nine five anytime in the next week and a half.
Thursday and Friday last week were because of the train delay:)

Eliminator 4 Life
12-13-2006, 05:56 AM
Why dont you just buy an Eliminator from a fellow TEAMSTER:supp:

Tom Brown
12-13-2006, 07:35 AM
That's exactly it right there. No one ships more packages on time and undamaged then we do. No one has a higher on time undamaged percentage either.
If a package were deemed to have been packaged poorly, would it count as a damaged package in your statistic?

voodoomedman
12-13-2006, 07:49 AM
If a package were deemed to have been packaged poorly, would it count as a damaged package in your statistic?
I don't know for sure. I'll see if I can find that out. I believe when they look at the numbers it is packages that have been delivered on time and have no claims filed. So basically that would mean whether or not it was completely our fault.

Tom Brown
12-13-2006, 07:57 AM
I've been looking and can't find any detail on how the 98% statistic is calculated.
I believe it's a safe bet that number comes from positive insurance claims, which would be very few up here. That makes it BS and spin.
How many of the shipping damange stories entered the 'damaged' column? I recall being told, as I was handed a bashed up package, that there was a very low likelyhood of getting insurance.
From what I can tell, around here, unless your a business that ships quite a bit of product, you're not going to get a favorable insurance determination with any of the couriers.
I know there are jagoffs who ship things loose in big boxes. I've worked with guys like that. In fact, I couldn't believe what some of these guys shipped. Those packages should not count toward a shipping pass/fail assessment.
I don't believe the 98% to be a real number, though. I think it's spin.

Tom Brown
12-13-2006, 07:59 AM
I don't know for sure. I'll see if I can find that out.
Thanks. It would be interesting to find out what if that number means anything.
I believe when they look at the numbers it is packages that have been delivered on time and have no claims filed. So basically that would mean whether or not it was completely our fault.
I think it's probably based on successful claims.
I've never filled out a claim and yet I've received damaged packages. I wonder how many others have done the same.

Tom Brown
12-13-2006, 08:04 AM
I will add that I've had rotten luck with UPS. Many of my buddies have also had rotten luck.
... yet at work, where we receive hundreds of packages a day, I can only recall receiving one damaged package. That package was shipped FedEx overnight, the box was pretty heavily crushed in on one corner, but the contents were fine.
I'm sure we've had damaged packages but I walk by the shipping counter fairly frequently and I've never seen a damaged box set aside.

voodoomedman
12-13-2006, 08:07 AM
I've been looking and can't find any detail on how the 98% statistic is calculated.
I believe it's a safe bet that number comes from positive insurance claims, which would be very few up here. That makes it BS and spin.
How many of the shipping damange stories entered the 'damaged' column? I recall being told, as I was handed a bashed up package, that there was a very low likelyhood of getting insurance.
From what I can tell, around here, unless your a business that ships quite a bit of product, you're not going to get a favorable insurance determination with any of the couriers.
I know there are jagoffs who ship things loose in big boxes. I've worked with guys like that. In fact, I couldn't believe what some of these guys shipped. Those packages should not count toward a shipping pass/fail assessment.
I don't believe the 98% to be a real number, though. I think it's spin.
Regardless of how it's calculated. It would be calculated the same by the competition. Meaning that we still deliver more ontime and undamaged than anyone else. Seems like there maybe some issues in Canada though. I'll let you know what I find out.

ratso
12-13-2006, 08:10 AM
Regardless of how it's calculated. It would be calculated the same by the competition. Meaning that we still deliver more ontime and undamaged than anyone else. Seems like there maybe some issues in Canada though. I'll let you know what I find out.
Now we're "Keeping the Canatards down"???:jawdrop:

Tom Brown
12-13-2006, 08:19 AM
Now we're "Keeping the Canatards down"???:jawdrop:
It doesn't take a lot of effort.

Rexone
12-13-2006, 08:23 AM
Tom the 98 number came off my on-time report for October. Not something UPS wide. And had nothing to do with damage claims.

Jbb
12-13-2006, 08:24 AM
Tom the 98 number came off my on-time report for October. Not something UPS wide. And had nothing to do with damage claims.
Brown.....What a dumbass......:hammerhea :D

Rexone
12-13-2006, 08:29 AM
With all due respect, there definatly issues with UPS to Canada. Like why it costs a customer 3-5 times as much to receive a package (customs) via UPS there vs US Airmail. We ship almost exclusively to Canada via US Airmail now (thanks mostly to Tom bringing this fact to our attn a couple years ago). We were wondering why our Canadian biz was so slow before. :hammerhea
By the time an overnight package gets through UPS customs clearance US Airmail 4-10 days usually beats it to the customer's hands too.
UPS has definately got a weak link there somewhere that needs massive correction to become competitive for US to Canada shipments.

Rexone
12-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Brown.....What a dumbass......:hammerhea :D
I try to help him JBB but I think his brain is froze or just geeked out, not sure which. :)

Jbb
12-13-2006, 08:44 AM
I try to help him JBB but I think his brain is froze or just geeked out, not sure which. :)
Decades of Cheap booze,Labaneese hash,Hookers,and Nintendo ...have definately taken a large toll on the old boy....
Then there was......"the incident"...:(

Starloans
12-13-2006, 08:54 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6242712113442620098&hl=en
What can Brown do for you?