PDA

View Full Version : ATTN Scott dominator

e514jet
12-12-2006, 05:37 PM
here's your intake.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-460-Offenhauser-Intake_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36474QQihZ006QQi temZ160060820829QQrdZ1

Dominator Scott
12-13-2006, 08:56 AM
here's your intake.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-460-Offenhauser-Intake_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36474QQihZ006QQi temZ160060820829QQrdZ1
Man does that thing ever look beat up.

e514jet
12-13-2006, 12:03 PM
a little blasting and powder coating it would look good as new.....E

Dominator Scott
12-13-2006, 03:09 PM
a little blasting and powder coating it would look good as new.....E
Is that any taller than my Torker460?

e514jet
12-13-2006, 04:05 PM
They are probably pretty close.....Gain by going to the portosonic? not sure
there either.....I've have just heard that it was the intake to have and my
buddy had one...The main thing was a single plain over a dual for my motor
was better. E

Dominator Scott
12-14-2006, 08:54 AM
They are probably pretty close.....Gain by going to the portosonic? not sure
there either.....I've have just heard that it was the intake to have and my
buddy had one...The main thing was a single plain over a dual for my motor
was better. E
The Torker460 is a single plenum also. But the carb opening looks like a severe choke point on the intake. I haven't decided if I will leave it for now or change to the Victor intake over the winter. My father informed me that he will be handing the boat down to me in the near future and I will most likely pull the Ford motor out and stuff a 454Mag or 502Mag in it,so I don't want to sink a ton of money in this motor. For that matter I would like to find somebody that has a Chevy big block that would like to do a trade for a complete Ford big block.

Wicked Performance Boats
12-14-2006, 09:26 AM
[I would like to find somebody that has a Chevy big block that would like to do a trade for a complete Ford big block.QUOTE][/QUOTE] Good luck, I think there could be a long waiting list if there was one. And an even longer waiting list for olds swap to chevy. Budlight:hammerhea

LakesOnly
12-14-2006, 10:39 AM
...I will most likely pull the Ford motor out and stuff a 454Mag or 502Mag in it,so I don't want to sink a ton of money in this motor.Boy talk about going backwards; there's a money wasting mistake if I ever heard one. You will spend so much more money doing the motor swap and then making the BBC engine the way you want it, versus a proper (existing) 460 buildup. Most iron 460's (non-aluminum heads) can push jet boats into the 80's no problem if you set everything up right. Hell, mine does 85+ and I don't even have a shoe or ride plate. Adding those would get me into the 90's.
LO

Dominator Scott
12-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Boy talk about going backwards; there's a money wasting mistake if I ever heard one. You will spend so much more money doing the motor swap and then making the BBC engine the way you want it, versus a proper (existing) 460 buildup. Most iron 460's (non-aluminum heads) can push jet boats into the 80's no problem if you set everything up right. Hell, mine does 85+ and I don't even have a shoe or ride plate. Adding those would get me into the 90's.
LO
Eventually I want to put a blower motor in this boat and from what I am told this Ford motor is around 330HP and has all cast internals as to where the 454Mag or 502Mag have forges internals and are 385-425HP out of the box. Plus you can find a blower set-up for a Chevy all over the net like Offshore Only,Speedwake,ect. Not to mention I am finding out that everything for these Ford motors seems to cost more than it's Chevy counter part.
I can get a low hour MerCruiser 454Mag 385HP for about 3K for the entire motor from carb to oil pan. Correct me if I am wrong but the only other thing that would need changing is motor mounts,starter and bell housing. Unless a Berkley jet is designed for a specific brand of motor which I would doubt.
Don't get me wrong,the 460 runs great but when I started pricing cam,pistons decent heads ect., the price started climbing quite fast.
This boat does about 65mph now and to get up into the 80's is gonna take some serious motor modifications to gain 15-20mph. Not to mention the cost factor to do it.
What makes you say switching to a Chevy would cost so much? Is there something I have missed?

e514jet
12-15-2006, 07:41 AM
Why don't you just build on the ford that you have? I'm sure you could
easily find a stroker set up to make an easy 500+ hp motor set up.
My buddy on here is running a aluminum headed motor simular to mine pushing
close to 600hp. he's running around 85 like LO. ...E

Dominator Scott
12-15-2006, 08:32 AM
Why don't you just build on the ford that you have? I'm sure you could
easily find a stroker set up to make an easy 500+ hp motor set up.
My buddy on here is running a aluminum headed motor simular to mine pushing
close to 600hp. he's running around 85 like LO. ...E
Until the boat is officially passed down to me I won't do much more of anything. I would prefer to have a blower motor in this thing purely for that wow factor if nothing else. That and I am very happy with the blower motors in my Dominator and they have given me zero problems.
I will have to price it out both ways and see if it makes sense financially to build the 460 it currently has or switch to GM power. For now though the 460 is stayin' in the boat and my father is fine with that.