PDA

View Full Version : Sucked up weeds

75MillerJet
12-12-2006, 07:44 PM
So my buddy that bought my Miller from me and I went to Casitas 2 weekends ago... I had my boat out there as well and we were out havin' fun and he had his family out on his boat. Him and his dad are new to jets and they wanted to see my roost. So we take off and I roost him and long story short, he parks my ole' Miller right on top of a bed of 9 foot tall weeds. :supp: The boat was almost completely on land. My buddies hopped out and about 6 people ended getting it back into the water but when they started her up it didn't sound too good. I towed them back in and when we got it out of the water there were weeds sticking out the intake. Would you all say that his problem should lie around the impeller? And what is the best way to go about solving this? Never torn into a jet before so I don't really know the ins and outs of it. Thanx guys.

RCB19
12-12-2006, 08:00 PM
Call MPD STAT!!!:D

YeLLowBoaT
12-12-2006, 08:05 PM
pull the hand hole cover and see what you can get out by hand, just don't do it while your on the water unless the cover is out side of you boat. :hammerhea
If you can't get all of it thru the hand hole, pull the bowl( its the big round thing its got about 10 bolts)

4trax
12-12-2006, 08:55 PM
It's no big deal. Just like yellowboat said don't do it in the water unless your hand hole cover is out side the boat. If it's inside and you open it. It's like opening a 3" hole in the bottom of your boat cause that's exactly what your doing. Reach in there and clean all the weeds out and then crawl under neath and dig whatever you can out of intake that way also. Weeds can get in there pretty tight. MINOR!

wet77
12-13-2006, 02:54 AM
I understand the weed part but from what you are saying the boat ended up on the shore?
If so clear out the weeds first but if you went on shore make sure you did not get any rocks or such in the pump and bowl too. On the trailer reach through the cleanout and feel the edges of your impeller to start they might be dinged up badly bent or broke ect...
Then pull the bowl if there is still a problem and check the backside of the impeller and the inside of the bowl and make sure you do not have anything lodged in the veins of the bowl.
Good luck:)

75MillerJet
12-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone I'll be getting to it soon hopefully. He told me free beers and pizza until its fixed. Doesn't sound too bad so maybe I won't get as fat as I thought I would.

SmokinLowriderSS
12-13-2006, 04:23 PM
You'll be surprised, and pleased, at just how simple a jet pump is. Yep, on dry land, pull the cleanout cover and dig anything out that is in there, and look it over very well for damage to the impeller. Any bent, dinged, or rough edges on the impeller will cause cavitation and the resulting increased RPM and decreased performance.