PDA

View Full Version : Baja 1000 Video - Jesse James' truck @ Ojos Negros

Totally IncapASSitated
12-13-2006, 11:24 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3436875585218258250&q=jesse+james
Found this video over in the v-drive section and since most of us aren't in there I thought I would post it here. Short clip, but killer none the less... those spectators are LOCO!!!

pixilatedpussy
12-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Found this video over in the v-drive section and since most of us aren't in there I thought I would post it here. Short clip, but killer none the less... those spectators are LOCO!!!
His truck is awesome! Love it!

Waldo
12-13-2006, 12:49 PM
His truck is awesome! Love it!
I agree..
Too bad he only made it 58 or so miles.:hammerhea

Waldo
12-13-2006, 12:51 PM
There's also a vid foatin' around of one crazy local getting hit by a Trophy Truck coming over a jump at Ojos. Alan Plueger's TT clipped this guy trying to take a picture. Mashed his face and hand/arm up good. I'd load the vid but can't do it at work. Maybe later.

h2oski2fast
12-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Each year many of them don't live to see the next year.

Outnumbered
12-13-2006, 01:12 PM
I feel sorry for the drivers when people do stupid shit like that. The driver would have to live with it the rest of his life if he killed a dumb-ass who got a little too close.:(

Howie Feltersnatch
12-13-2006, 01:26 PM
WOW that looks dangerous. One slight error & you take out 50 people.

BoatFloating
12-13-2006, 02:43 PM
WOW that looks dangerous. One slight error & you take out 50 people.
I was thinking the same thing... One fart and you're taking out a few bright minds....:hammerhea

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-13-2006, 02:57 PM
There's also a vid foatin' around of one crazy local getting hit by a Trophy Truck coming over a jump at Ojos. Alan Plueger's TT clipped this guy trying to take a picture. Mashed his face and hand/arm up good. I'd load the vid but can't do it at work. Maybe later.
Jeff said Alan didn't even know he hit the guy until he was on the plane home. They originally thought he had died. Spectator was trying to take a picture of a jump and ended up having to have the camera surgically removed from his face (seriously).

Howie Feltersnatch
12-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Check this one out...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4340038355910549221&q=Ojos+Negros

Howie Feltersnatch
12-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Here's a longer one...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3340418958798654965&q=Ojos+Negros
Around the 5 minute mark you see the guy get hit in this one...

CA Stu
12-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Each year many of them don't live to see the next year.
I think it's less than one per year average, not "many".
And the fatalities are from mishaps amongst the spectators with no race vehicles involved.
I watched it this year from a pit area south of San Felipe.
AFAIK, there was just one fatality this year, a few miles south of San Felipe, about 40 miles nort of our pit.
Spectator hit an ATV in his truck, a person in the back came out and got killed.
There is something special about seeing a Trophy truck blaze past at 80 mph 10 feet in front you :crossx:
Thanks
CA Stu

Ivan Dan
12-13-2006, 06:09 PM
I've done that jump quite a few times durring Baja 500's and Baja 1000's and honestly the video's don't do it ANY justice of how nuts those fans are. They are like cockroaches and they swarm in close to get pics and swarm out when we come blasting through. You guys are right....one little mistake or technical difficulty (blow out, broken suspension, etc.) and a good amount of people are dead or injured. You definitely feel like a rockstar going through there in the race car though.

Phat Daddy
12-13-2006, 06:23 PM
I've done that jump quite a few times durring Baja 500's and Baja 1000's and honestly the video's don't do it ANY justice of how nuts those fans are. They are like cockroaches and they swarm in close to get pics and swarm out when we come blasting through. You guys are right....one little mistake or technical difficulty (blow out, broken suspension, etc.) and a good amount of people are dead or injured. You definitely feel like a rockstar going through there in the race car though.
I wanna ride... where do I sign up???

Waldo
12-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Good analogy Dan. I always say, from my experience, that its like you are parting the "rojo" sea. In previous years, they didn't fence off the start area (river bed) and it was hairball!
Another crazy thing is when/if you break down, the locals come from nowhere to help...I was wondering, where the heck were you guys watching?

Schiada76
12-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Ah the machismo of Mexicans, they crowd close to show they have balls. Same with the bullfights.
I watched a complete idiot in Cabo one night when a high power line arced and fell off of a power pole. We were in an outdoor restaurant on the second floor and the lights went out for about five blocks. The line was popping, jumping and arcing all over the street right below us. This guy comes running up with a STICK about as big around as his arm and strts chasing the power line around trying to PIN THE DAMN THING DOWN!:2purples: :220v: :220v: :220v:
I'll be gawdamned if he didn't pin the damn thing. How he didn't die I'll never figure out. The fire department showed up in about five minutes and relieved him.:hammerhea

h2oski2fast
12-13-2006, 07:34 PM
I think it's less than one per year average, not "many".
And the fatalities are from mishaps amongst the spectators with no race vehicles involved.
I watched it this year from a pit area south of San Felipe.
AFAIK, there was just one fatality this year, a few miles south of San Felipe, about 40 miles nort of our pit.
Spectator hit an ATV in his truck, a person in the back came out and got killed.
There is something special about seeing a Trophy truck blaze past at 80 mph 10 feet in front you :crossx:
Thanks
CA Stu
The San Felipe 250 doesnt draw 1/10th the crowd as either of the Bajas. There are many more spectator fatalities that happen that you don't hear of. It's amazing there aren't more with how they crowd the course.

mbrown2
12-13-2006, 09:16 PM
That's pretty crazy....got to be an intense experience...

h2oski2fast
12-13-2006, 10:37 PM
thanks "sal" .................:( :redface:
Easy now, don't you have to go chase for Steele or something?

h2oski2fast
12-14-2006, 07:42 AM
oh ya, thanks for reminding me "kato ettinger" .. :hammerhea :)
Wow, I'm dissapointed, that's all you can come up with? Since you swing from Cameron's nut sack, might want to ask him for some new material.

THOR
12-14-2006, 08:05 AM
Ah the machismo of Mexicans, they crowd close to show they have balls.
That is how Danny Hammel died. Ran into a Federali of all things doing over 100 mph on his KX500.

lucky
12-14-2006, 08:36 AM
yea fricken haw ---- I bet Jessie has to wipe the handprints off his ballz every ten minutes -- Lets put One of our token racers in there - we'll get er done -- the only thing i really appreciate about Jessie is his wife :)

Baja Big Dog
12-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Although Ojos is intence it has nothing over the finish of the San Felipe 250, your comming down a 1/2 mile straight line to the archs and finish line, trucks were radared at over 110 and the spectators are less than 1 foot (yes 12 inches) from the trucks, and they are 4 and 5 deep, you will hear about it one of these days whan someone gets crossed up and takes out a ton of people...dont wish it, but its gonna happen.

superdave013
12-14-2006, 09:19 AM
here is homeboy eating some rubber
http://youtube.com/watch?v=icPUw57piY0

boatnam2
12-14-2006, 09:26 AM
probaly just checking to see if they are toyo or bridgestone!

h2oski2fast
12-14-2006, 03:37 PM
there's a video out there showing a spectator getting clipped by alan pflueger in his monster trophy truck of the ojos jump in this years 1k.... maybe someone can find it and post it .... and rob junior, i've got nothing else for you, you know who and what you are :( :mix: d
That's the video keyes is talking about.

Cole Trickle
12-14-2006, 03:53 PM
That's the video keyes is talking about.
I wonder if he made it?
If he was 6 inches farther in the track it would have been alot messier!!!:hammerhea :(

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-14-2006, 04:59 PM
I wonder if he made it?
If he was 6 inches farther in the track it would have been alot messier!!!:hammerhea :(
He is alive. That is all I can tell you for sure. I should find out more this weekend.

Cole Trickle
12-14-2006, 05:02 PM
He is alive. That is all I can tell you for sure. I should find out more this weekend.
From the video that was what I was thinking. It looked like it brushed him back pretty hard but he didn't take the full forse of a 90mph 4,000lb truck:hammerhea :supp: