PDA

View Full Version : ***backspacing On Rims***

79 HUSTLER
12-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Please help, I am so tired of calling people and emailing with no avail. I am trying to find a set of rims for my F650 and am not having luck with the backspacing that I need. These rims are running all around down here in SoCal but the shops I have been calling are not being very helpful. I have the part# for 2 diff. rims that alcoa offers in a 22.5"/13" which is the size I need (according to their site and reps they only offer these two in a 13"). The part that I cannot figure out is the backspacing. I need 10"-11" of backspacing and these larger wheels go by offset and inset which I do not understand. Can anyone here help.
Rim#1- 22.5x13 - outset 6.42 / inset 5.3 (part#833660)
Rim#2- 22.5x13 - outset 3.5 / inset2.38 (part#833653)
I am just trying to get about 10"11" inches and am not sure which one is closer. I have called alcoa several times and they state that I need to figure out the outset/inset.
Please help as I am about to go nuts on this truck............ :mad: :mad:
Thanks, Kelly
****Outset (positive)/inset (negative) - The distance from the rim centerline to the mounting face of wheel. Inset (negative) places the rim centerline inboard of the wheel mounting face and outset (positive) places the rim centerline outboard of the wheel mounting face (1/2 dual spacing = offset).

voodoomedman
12-13-2006, 06:08 PM
pm ultra27jay

TexasChopper
12-13-2006, 06:22 PM
try these few companies I pulled out of the The Dupont Registry.
www.omearaford.com (mike magree) or (andy kastner)
www.mccandlessintltrucks.com .. these are the international p/u trucks but they may have some input on wheels
www.f650supertruck.com they do a lot of custom work on 650's
www.lacustomcoachinc.com turns them into limo's could have some input
www.craftsmenlimousine.com same as above
also try westcoast customs or Unique Auto Sports in New Jersey
I would also try this post on OSO, I'm sure a bunch of those guys have an
F650's
good luck