PDA

View Full Version : Mercy Air 2

UtlGoa
12-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Rest in peace Paul, the world is not going to be the same without you. I'm going to miss you!:(

Beer-30
12-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Uh oh. Did we have a Medi-Vac go down?

73kona455
12-13-2006, 06:12 PM
Three die in Mercy Air crash
Helicopter returning to SCLA from Loma Linda before going down
Tatiana Prophet December 11, 2006
CAJON PASS — A Mercy Air helicopter crashed in a remote area east of Interstate 15 Sunday night, killing all three crew members on board.
Mercy Air 2, which has carried so many injured patients to urgent medical care, was based at Southern California Logistics Airport in Victorville. It was coming back to Victorville from Loma Linda University Medical Center.
At about 6 p.m., drivers on I-15 began calling emergency services to report seeing an aircraft go down and a large explosion east of the freeway, north of Highway 138, said Tracey Martinez, spokeswoman with the San Bernardino County Fire Department.
Martinez did not release crew member’s names, pending notification of family members.
Fire Captain Pete Lawson of Fire Station 319, said firefighters were waiting at the station to learn what was going on and that they were all in shock.
“It’s kind of like not even real,” he said. “We can’t believe it because we just talked before they left.”
Officials with the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board were en route to the site on Sunday night, as well as of- ficials with Rialto-based Mercy Air Services Inc.
The fog, already heavy Sunday evening, grew heavier after the accident, and temperatures were quite cool. The accident started a small brush fire, but the area was so remote that officials were not able to bringin a fire engine, Martinez said.

73kona455
12-13-2006, 06:14 PM
http://www.vvdailypress.com/files/dailypress/slideshows/mercy_air_crash/
story here>>>>http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/20061211/three-die-in-mercy-air-crash

Beer-30
12-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Bummer.

Kachina26
12-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Right by my house, very sad deal. Sorry for your pain, UtlGoa.

squirt'nmyload
12-13-2006, 07:22 PM
it's always sad to hear when we lose the people that help us people when we are sick and injured:( :(

BajaMike
12-13-2006, 07:39 PM
So sad.....

Mattman
12-13-2006, 08:31 PM
R.I.P from all of us in the law enforcement community.:(

whiteworks
12-13-2006, 08:43 PM
One of my clients is a pilot for mercy air out of victorville. I always think of the risk he takes on a daily basis whenever I see them flying by. These guys are the kind of people you want on your team. Really a bummer when bad things happen to good guys

blackcloud75
12-14-2006, 01:28 PM
Godspeed....
It's hard to see people you know having a hard time with their losses......
Kish, Latour, Miller Families in our thoughts

little rowe boat
12-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Godspeed....
It's hard to see people you know having a hard time with their losses......
Kish, Latour, Miller Families in our thoughts
May all of them RIP.
The flight nurse, Kish husband works for CDF.

blackcloud75
12-14-2006, 01:39 PM
May all of them RIP.
The flight nurse, Kish husband works for CDF.
Tim is a stellar person...........
They both worked SBSO Aviation for years and and he still works out in the Desert.....
Services Monday in the High Desert

rrrr
12-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Bless 'em. Read about this yesterday. Last night I was outside around midnight, a beautiful clear night, and two CareFlite Agustas went over my house in trail formation, inbound to the trauma center. Made me tear up a bit.
Those crews put their lives on the line almost daily so others might have a chance to live.

gqchris
12-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Utlgoa,
I know exactly what you are going thru. 5 years ago Mercy Air claimed the life of one of my best friends and ex-co-worker I worked with in Las Vegas as an EMT, Her name was Anna. Her, a medic, and the pilot went down near state line. The crazy thing is that I met her in Ontario two weeks prior for her orientation. I asked her, since so many choppers had perished since we kenew each other, why she wanted to take the risk? She said it was her dream to fly. Ill never forget the day that I received the bad news. To this day, her parents left her pager voicemail active , if you dial it you can still hear her voice.
Chris
Godspeed ANNA, you are flying missions every day now!