PDA

View Full Version : Newport Boat Parade

ekbearly
12-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Who is going to be out this weekend? I will be on the water both Friday and Saturday nights. I hope to see some HB representation.

SOCALDETAIL1
12-14-2006, 12:54 PM
I will be out there tomorrow detailing a few boats for the parade.

barbigrl
12-14-2006, 03:18 PM
I live right above the harbor...I might be out there this weekend as well!

riverbound
12-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Everyone heading down there...be careful!!!
COSTA MESA POLICE DEPARTMENT
99 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, California 92626
http://www.ci.costa-mesa.ca.us/cmpdpress.htm
PRESS RELEASE
Release Date: December 12, 2006
Officer Tony Yannizzi
tyannizzi@ci.costa-mesa.ca.us
714-754-5108
Time: 5:00 a.m.
Sgt. Rich Allum
714-754-4963
rallum@ci.costa-mesa.ca.us
SYNOPSIS:
The Costa Mesa Police Department will be conducting a DUI/Driver’s license checkpoint on December 15, 2006, from 8:00 pm to 2:00 am. The checkpoint will be located on northbound Newport Blvd at Flower Street. The purpose of the checkpoint is to educate the public about the dangers of driving under the influence of alcohol and to remove suspended/revoked drivers from the roadway. The Checkpoint will occur during the hours of the Boat Parade in Newport Beach.
“A death at the hands of an impaired driver is so tragic because it’s easily preventable”, said Sergeant Rich Allum of the Costa Mesa Police Department’s Traffic Safety Bureau. “D.U.I. is not an accident, it‘s a choice. Everyone can make the decision to not be part of the problem when they are drinking, but rather to be part of the safe solution. They can plan ahead with a designated driver, take a cab, walk, or choose to get behind the wheel. Unfortunately, too many choose to get behind the wheel and risk their life, as well as the lives of everyone else on the road.” Allum stated, “D.U.I. fatalities could stop tomorrow if every person took responsibility for their decisions and made a commitment to never drink and drive. Until that day comes, the Costa Mesa Police Department will diligently pu rsue impaired drivers to help ensure everyone makes it home alive.”
The most recent statistics from Mothers Against Drunk Driving (M.A.D.D.) indicate that driving under the influence is the Nation’s most frequently committed violent crime, killing someone every 30 minutes. Half of the fatal traffic collisions in Costa Mesa in the calendar year of 2004 were DUI related.
The Costa Mesa Police Department has developed a close working relationship with M.A.D.D. and volunteers often help at checkpoints. M.A.D.D. also provides their “Crashed Car” trailer that is displayed at checkpoints as a reminder of the consequences of choosing to drink and drive. The trailer features a crashed car from a local fatal collision and has photos of the collision scene along with a narrative story of what happened.
Funding for this program was provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Safety Administration.
Media are invited to attend the checkpoint and encouraged to assist us in educating the public about the dangers of choosing to drink and drive. Help us make this a safe Holiday Season for all our citizens, so everyone can celebrate a Happy New Year.
“Drunk Driving. Over the Limit. Under Arrest”
SUPERVISOR WRITING / APPROVING RELEASE: Lt. Dave Andersen

It's all Good
12-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Newport Beach PD will have a chekpoint on Jamboree @ Santa Barbara, in front of the station.
http://www.nbpd.org/civica/press/display.asp?layout=12&Entry=96

Cs19
12-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Were hittin it tonight..somebody pick us up!!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-15-2006, 10:45 AM
oooh-ooooh! I wanna go!!!! I wanna go! Riverbound, are you going? Whare are you doing this weekend? Lets all go tomorrow night!!! Can we, please! Can We???????
:mix:

Cs19
12-15-2006, 06:54 PM
cassidy's after party!!
see you there.