PDA

View Full Version : switching to split bowl how?

jetboatjoe
12-14-2006, 02:41 PM
what do i need to do how hard is it do i just pull the standard pump and replace it with the split bow i have a berkley c pump now and switching to a split bowl with a stuffer any help

Jetaholic
12-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Yes...the split bowl will bolt right up to a JC suction housing.
While you have the bowl off you may wanna check and/or replace the bowl bushings along with the bowl seal for some added piece of mind.
Jon

jetboatjoe
12-14-2006, 02:48 PM
is switching bowls a easy process

Jetaholic
12-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Well if the pump is still in the boat, you gotta disconnect all your cables from the pump nozzle, then remove the transom housing/adapter. But you don't have to pull the entire pump to do it.
Then you just unbolt the old bowl from the suction housing and it should come right off.
However, once off you'll probably have to use a dead blow hammer on the transom adapter since it's stuck on the bowl pretty good.
Installation in reverse order of removal.

TIMINATOR
12-15-2006, 08:48 AM
With under 400 or so HP the boat will likely be slower with just the bowl change. This can usually be made up for with a droop, rideplate etc. If you don't have HP and are not gonna change other stuff, now or in the future, leave it alone. TIMINATOR

jweeks123
12-15-2006, 10:48 AM
with under 400 or so hp the boat will likely be faster with just the bowl change. this is usually due to a droop, fresh noz socket, rideplate etc. If you have HP and are gonna change other stuff, now or in the future, change it now.
jw

jetboatjoe
12-15-2006, 12:01 PM
after i change it i plan on putting a droop on and changine stuff later if possible is this a good idea or not if i change it out is it really goin to make my boat slower

FOURQ
12-15-2006, 01:59 PM
after i change it i plan on putting a droop on and changine stuff later if possible is this a good idea or not if i change it out is it really goin to make my boat slower
i doubt that changing the bowl will make your boat any slower or any faster without any other changes.. do you have the adapter you need to mount the nozzle on to the bowl? if not id look into a droop now. I just happen to have one for sale with no one interested $175 shipped to you.

bp
12-17-2006, 07:25 AM
with under 400 or so hp the boat will likely be faster with just the bowl change. this is usually due to a droop, fresh noz socket, rideplate etc. If you have HP and are gonna change other stuff, now or in the future, change it now.
jw