PDA

View Full Version : Billy Lane liquidating?

Kindsvater Flat
12-15-2006, 10:39 PM
Looks like he's cleaning house.
Billy's Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=250028618054)

GrapeApe
12-15-2006, 11:05 PM
He needs to pay for his Lawyer...:hammerhea
*** Grape Ape ***

mxbundy
12-16-2006, 12:42 AM
He needs to pay for his Lawyer...
Whats the scoop on this?
bundy

jag2
12-16-2006, 12:46 AM
He needs to pay for his Lawyer...
Whats the scoop on this?
bundy
The dumbass got boozed up, got behind the wheel and killed someone :hammerhea :skull:

cola
12-16-2006, 12:58 AM
They need to hang that asshole.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-16-2006, 04:40 AM
He's facing about 15 years in the hole.

Mr. Crusader 83
12-16-2006, 06:23 AM
i was at his shop durring thanksgiving weekend, and there was nothing going on. no bikes no customers. i think he knows hes going away

cola
12-16-2006, 07:47 AM
Only 15 years for killing a man while drunk driving. :mad:

Mr. Crusader 83
12-16-2006, 08:26 AM
thats what happens when you have money. i know a guy that killed his business partner while driving drunk and he did no jail time. he got house arrest for 6 month and lost his lic for a year.

Kilrtoy
12-16-2006, 08:27 AM
Those goldie locks are sure gonna look good in prison
I might change his name from
BILLY LANE
To
BILLIE LYING DOWN ASS DOWN FACE UP

phebus
12-16-2006, 08:40 AM
He probably figures he should liquidate now, and hide his money, before a civil judgement takes everything from him. To bad the courts can't step in, and audit all his assets now, and make sure no funds dissappear.

RitcheyRch
12-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Should have received life in prison.

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 08:59 AM
Being a former firefighter and current non-drinker and driver, I am a staunch advocate of not drinking and driving. I am usually the Designated Driver etc... but I think you guys are being awfully harsh with regard to punishment.
There is a HUGE number of people right here on HB that have been convicted of DUI. Many are on #2. Do a search of threads for some poor ***boater trying to get insurance and having a tough time just because they had a DUI.
From what I understand, Billy was not plastered. He had been drinking though.
Look around at our glass house before you start chucking rocks.
If you really feel this way, that he should be doing life in Federal **** me in the ass prison then great... but start treating anyone who drinks and drives this way. It is an odds and probablity thing as to whether they will get into an accident impaired, and if they get into an accident, it is likely someone will die. Think about that next time you start giving insurance advice or start coughing up your DUI lawyer that got you off...

Jordy
12-16-2006, 09:02 AM
From what I understand, Billy was not plastered. He had been drinking though.
According to the last reports I saw on the whole situation, the guy on the motorcycle who was killed was legally drunk as well. Does it make it any better? I'd say no, but just something else to consider.
According to autopsy results, Gerry Morelock, who was killed in a labor day accident with famous motorcycle builder Billy Lane, was also impaired.
Florida Today reports that a BAC test ordered by the Florida Highway Patrol revealed that Morelock’s BAC was .133 at the time of the accident where he was killed when he collided head on with a Dodge Ram driven by Billy Lane of Choppers, Inc. Lane’s BAC was .192, more than twice the Florida legal limit of .08. Lane was formally charged and plead not guilty to DUI manslaughter and could spend 15 years in prison.

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 09:05 AM
According to the last reports I saw on the whole situation, the guy on the motorcycle who was killed was legally drunk as well. Does it make it any better? I'd say no, but just something else to consider.
Don't get me wrong... my feelings on drinking and driving are similar to mine on terrorism... Make the penalty so harsh that even thinking about committing the act is deplorable to you.
It shouldn't be tolerated at all in our society. It is dangerous, stupid and puts others at great risk. I am as against it as can be, but I also think there is a lot of double standards going on here. F Billy Lane... but don't worry so much about our buddy over here who got hassled by the cops one night and was only barely drunk... :rolleyes:

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 09:06 AM
And from your post it looks like Lane was actually plastered. **** him and anyone who saw him get into a car, fed him a drink or has done so in the past.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Maybe do 2 1/2 to 7.
He is also reported a Crystal Meth head according to those that know him.

Mr. Crusader 83
12-16-2006, 09:17 AM
i heard that he wasnt trashed but there was drugs in his system also.

Kilrtoy
12-16-2006, 09:19 AM
Sorry Froggy, .192 is pretty fuc ked up
it is almost 2 and 1/2 times the legal limit....

Kilrtoy
12-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Look around at our glass house before you start chucking rocks.
And yes they all preach it and I watch them all drive around in the boats drunk, you are correct on that

Kindsvater Flat
12-16-2006, 09:23 AM
http://webinfo4.brevardclerk.us/fact...estTimeout=500
William David Lane
02/02/2007 09:00 AM MOORE JUSTICE CENTER 05-2006-CF-027824-AXXX-XX CAL: DOCKET SOUNDING JUDGE MERYL L. ALLAWAS
02/07/2007 01:30 PM TITUSVILLE HISTORIC COURTHOUSE 05-2006-CA-058089-XXXX-XX CAL: HEARING JUDGE JOHN D. MOXLEY, JR.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
05-2006-CF-027824-AXXX-XX NON CAPITAL MURDER ORIGINAL PEND 09/25/2006 STATE VS LANE WILLIAM DAVID DEFENDANT (1) 02/06/1970
Cnt Record No. Charge Dt Statute Charge Disp Dt Final Disp Citation No.
1 1 09/04/2006 DUI MANSLAUGHTER 20063322SGP
2 1 09/25/2006 DWLS RVKD OR CNCLD WITH SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH 10/19/2006 DISMISSED 20063323SGP
3 1 09/25/2006 DUI SERIOUS BODILY INJURY 10/19/2006 DISMISSED 20063324SGP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
05-2006-CA-058089-XXXX-XX AUTO NEGLIGENCE ORIGINAL PEND 10/02/2006 DOLORES MORELOCK VS W D LANE DEFENDANT (1) 02/06/1970

OKIE-JET
12-16-2006, 09:26 AM
Yeah, I'd also say .192 was fo@ked up, and he no real heavyweight.:hammerhea

Trailer Park Casanova
12-16-2006, 10:03 AM
http://webinfo4.brevardclerk.us/fact...estTimeout=500
William David Lane
02/02/2007 09:00 AM MOORE JUSTICE CENTER 05-2006-CF-027824-AXXX-XX CAL: DOCKET SOUNDING JUDGE MERYL L. ALLAWAS
02/07/2007 01:30 PM TITUSVILLE HISTORIC COURTHOUSE 05-2006-CA-058089-XXXX-XX CAL: HEARING JUDGE JOHN D. MOXLEY, JR.
05-2006-CF-027824-AXXX-XX NON CAPITAL MURDER ORIGINAL PEND 09/25/2006 STATE VS LANE WILLIAM DAVID DEFENDANT (1) 02/06/1970
Cnt Record No. Charge Dt Statute Charge Disp Dt Final Disp Citation No.
1 1 09/04/2006 DUI MANSLAUGHTER 20063322SGP
2 1 09/25/2006 DWLS RVKD OR CNCLD WITH SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH 10/19/2006 DISMISSED 20063323SGP
3 1 09/25/2006 DUI SERIOUS BODILY INJURY 10/19/2006 DISMISSED 20063324SGP
05-2006-CA-058089-XXXX-XX AUTO NEGLIGENCE ORIGINAL PEND 10/02/2006 DOLORES MORELOCK VS W D LANE DEFENDANT (1) 02/06/1970

CA Stu
12-16-2006, 10:06 AM
They need to hang that asshole.
+1
Dipshit killed a man while driving drunk, crossing a double yellow line to pass.
Thanks
CA Stu

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 10:08 AM
See post #16... I didn't realize he was that shit-faced. The original reports didn't give a BAC, just that he had "had a few drinks" at a reception/party and took off in his truck.
I think it is ****ed up and should fry for it. I also think that anyone who drinks and drives should too.

CA Stu
12-16-2006, 10:13 AM
See post #16... I didn't realize he was that shit-faced. The original reports didn't give a BAC, just that he had "had a few drinks" at a reception/party and took off in his truck.
I think it is ****ed up and should fry for it. I also think that anyone who drinks and drives should too.
Well, he killed another person, regardless.
He needs to be held accountable for the results of his actions.
Thanks
CA Stu

Froggystyle
12-16-2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks
CA Stu
I think people are getting the idea that I don't think he should be held accountable. Quite the opposite. I think that people who drink and drive should be held more accountable. I think it should be hard as hell to get out of, expensive and I think you should do some jail time. That is just me though. Easy to say shit like that when you don't drink and drive at all.
I know people have made bad decisions, driven when they didn't think they were drunk, had a dickhead cop, whatever... but if it was so aggressive a response by us, if you were UNINSURABLE and any price how would that affect drinking and driving?
We don't exactly enable drinking and driving as a society, but we have no problem making it just bad enough to profit heavily off of. Almost like they would rather catch you drinking and driving and make 10K than stop it altogether.

beerjet
12-16-2006, 10:30 AM
He should have gone to prison a long time ago for having that stupid head of hair and being a douche bag . Thats at least two counts.

jdogginla
12-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Who is he? :hammerhea

cxr133
12-16-2006, 11:13 AM
Thanks
CA Stu
i think iread in the paper a few weeks ago.. that he is fighting the case because the guy that died also had a high Blood Alcohol Level

ratso
12-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Wasn't the other guy on a moped??? Sounds like offsetting penalties, except one got death.

jdogginla
12-16-2006, 11:55 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Lane
Interesting that he was arrested for drunk driving in North Carolina 3 months earlier. Guess he didn't learn his lesson the first time when they let him off.
:hammerhea

ratso
12-17-2006, 09:21 AM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3036blane.jpg

beyondhelpin
12-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Who here has not drove their cars or boats while intoxicated? My guess is quit a few of you. This could very well have been you in his shoes. Life? For an involentary death.
Yea he screwed up big time. He should do some time but now near that much. Whether there was drinking or not, it was still an accident.

Kilrtoy
12-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Who here has not drove their cars or boats while intoxicated? My guess is quit a few of you. This could very well have been you in his shoes. Life? For an involentary death.
Yea he screwed up big time. He should do some time but now near that much. Whether there was drinking or not, it was still an accident.
Yeah your right he only killed somebody, why should he be punished.
Lets say it was your dad or son that he killed would you still feel the same?
Doubt it.
Everybody takes drunk driving as a victimless, harmless crime. Too bad its not

wsuwrhr
12-17-2006, 10:52 AM
WTF?
Daimler Chrysler is also named in the suit. Unbelievable
Brian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Lane
Interesting that he was arrested for drunk driving in North Carolina 3 months earlier. Guess he didn't learn his lesson the first time when they let him off.
:hammerhea

beyondhelpin
12-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Yeah your right he only killed somebody, why should he be punished.
Lets say it was your dad or son that he killed would you still feel the same?
Doubt it.
Everybody takes drunk driving as a victimless, harmless crime. Too bad its not
Just saying it is not murder. He did not pull a gun or knife and intintionaly shot or stab some one.
A guy at works son going thru this same thing. He works on my boat and vehicles on the side. His son comes over and helps him sometimes. I have met him on a couple of occasions. He is a good hard working family man who made a mistake. Maybe we should just shot him and be done with it.

Kilrtoy
12-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Just saying it is not murder. He did not pull a gun or knife and intintionaly shot or stab some one.
A guy at works son going thru this same thing. He works on my boat and vehicles on the side. His son comes over and helps him sometimes. I have met him on a couple of occasions. He is a good hard working family man who made a mistake. Maybe we should just shot him and be done with it.
Drunk driving, NO ONE EVER THINKS OF THE VICTIM
just the fool that is still alive.
Its a mistake, he did not mean it, it can happen to any of us.....But it didnt. It happened to them and they are always looking for sympathy.
WHAT ABOUT SYMPATHY FOR THE FAMILY OF THE VICTIM, WHAT ABOUT SYMPATHY FOR THE PERSON WHO LOST THEIR LIFE, WHILE THE PERSON WHO KILLED THEM, KILLED THEM DURING THE COMMISSION OF A CRIME.
WHAT ABOUT THAT FAMILIES LIFE SENTENCE, THEIR LIFE OF A NEVER ENDING NIGHTMARE.
AHHHHHH who cares that family it does not matter, lets worry about the guy who is facing prison time

spectras only
12-17-2006, 11:20 AM
WTF?
Daimler Chrysler is also named in the suit. Unbelievable
Brian
Guess a lawyer want's to blame [ cash cow] Chrysler not having a breathalyser system installed in their product , immobilizing Billy Lane's vehicle while he's plastered. We may have to fork out more money for these options in the future. Black boxes already exist to record info in the event of accidents . Drinking & driving and killing a person netted an automatic 8 yrs in prison in most of europe I think.

spectras only
12-17-2006, 11:27 AM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3036blane.jpg
Ratso , building a fugly bike like the one in your picture warrants a penalty alone :supp:

wsuwrhr
12-17-2006, 11:29 AM
It is unfortunate that a company has to consume their own recources to defend their products against improper use.
Firearms have the same problem.
Guess a lawyer want's to blame [ cash cow] Chrysler not having a breathalyser system installed in their product , immobilizing Billy Lane's vehicle while he's plastered. We may have to fork out more money for these options in the future. Black boxes already exist to record info in the event of accidents . Drinking & driving and killing a person netted an automatic 8 yrs in prison in most of europe I think.

HOSS
12-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Bet if they win a lawsuit and get bread it`ll make the victims death ,,,,,ah,,,,an accident. The victim was drunk too. No lawsuit should be allowed. Its a 2 way street. Hope the cat doesn`t do time. That hubless bike was cool as hell.
I have 5 1st offense DWI`s. No wrecks ever. Guess I`m a menace to society. 2 speeding tickets in my life. Couldn`t tell ya how many times I never got pulled over. But thats just me. On ***boat there are really GOOD people. You know,,,walk with GOD and shiit.

beyondhelpin
12-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Drunk driving, NO ONE EVER THINKS OF THE VICTIM
just the fool that is still alive.
Its a mistake, he did not mean it, it can happen to any of us.....But it didnt. It happened to them and they are always looking for sympathy.
WHAT ABOUT SYMPATHY FOR THE FAMILY OF THE VICTIM, WHAT ABOUT SYMPATHY FOR THE PERSON WHO LOST THEIR LIFE, WHILE THE PERSON WHO KILLED THEM, KILLED THEM DURING THE COMMISSION OF A CRIME.
WHAT ABOUT THAT FAMILIES LIFE SENTENCE, THEIR LIFE OF A NEVER ENDING NIGHTMARE.
AHHHHHH who cares that family it does not matter, lets worry about the guy who is facing prison time
.....But it didnt. The part of your statement that makes my point. Most of us can count our self as lucky we did not kill somebody from making a bad decision.
Hows your track record on having a few? Hows you track record for running fast on a lake as busy as yours? People die from other peoples mistakes everyday. People die because someone else was on the cell phone. They die because someone was tired. They die cause someone wasnt paying enough attention to what they were doing. They die because someone was going to fast. Should all these people be fried?
My heart goes out to the family and friends of the victim. It is a terrible loss to deal with. But does that mean I think anyone who plays a part in someone else death thru neglence and not malice should be fried? There is a difference whether you see it or not.

wsuwrhr
12-17-2006, 11:51 AM
You would have to be a cop to understand,
EVERYONE is guilty...of something.....
Typical arrogant cop response.
Brian
.....But it didnt. The part of your statement that makes my point. Most of us can count our self as lucky we did not kill somebody from making a bad decision.
Hows your track record on having a few? Hows you track record for running fast on a lake as busy as yours? People die from other peoples mistakes everyday. People die because someone else was on the cell phone. They die because someone was tired. They die cause someone wasnt paying enough attention to what they were doing. They die because someone was going to fast. Should all these people be fried?
My heart goes out to the family and friends of the victim. It is a terrible loss to deal with. But does that mean I think anyone who plays a part in someone else death thru neglence and not malice should be fried? There is a difference whether you see it or not.

ratso
12-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Ratso , building a fugly bike like the one in your picture warrants a penalty alone :supp:
I saw the build-off when he did that bike. I think he about caught the seat on fire as the exhaust exits out under the fender.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-17-2006, 12:13 PM
I saw the build-off when he did that bike. I think he about caught the seat on fire as the exhaust exits out under the fender.
He caught the frame on a manhole cover and laid it down too didn't he?
Broke his leg or arm.

ratso
12-17-2006, 12:25 PM
He caught the frame on a manhole cover and laid it down too didn't he?
Broke his leg or arm.
I remember something about his leg, but never heard what happened.:confused:

Seadog
12-17-2006, 12:50 PM
If we took everyone that should not be on the streets and made sure they could not drive, the car makers would go under. We need to get tougher on impaired driving of all types, but prison is not always the answer. If you send someone to jail, they will lose most of their assets to the lawyers and both their families and the victim's families will be the ones suffering.
it would be nice if they could figure out a way to make the criminal pay the victim's family the amount they normally would require to maintain their lifestyle, and then pay for their own family's way of life. And also put them where they could never get behind the driver's seat until their debt is paid.
And if they cannot earn any money because they are worthless, I would recommend selling them to some third world country as a slave. Use the proceeds to help the families.

ratso
12-17-2006, 01:41 PM
If we took everyone that should not be on the streets and made sure they could not drive, the car makers would go under. We need to get tougher on impaired driving of all types, but prison is not always the answer. If you send someone to jail, they will lose most of their assets to the lawyers and both their families and the victim's families will be the ones suffering.
it would be nice if they could figure out a way to make the criminal pay the victim's family the amount they normally would require to maintain their lifestyle, and then pay for their own family's way of life. And also put them where they could never get behind the driver's seat until their debt is paid.
And if they cannot earn any money because they are worthless, I would recommend selling them to some third world country as a slave. Use the proceeds to help the families.
It does help families... the attorney's families.:burningm: :mad: :mad: :yuk:

ratso
12-17-2006, 01:54 PM
...ain't getting any cheaper.
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insurance/InsureYourCar/DUIThe$10000RideHome.aspx

Kilrtoy
12-17-2006, 03:07 PM
That is the key word, nothing more
Hows your track record on having a few? Hows you track record for running fast on a lake as busy as yours? People die from other peoples mistakes everyday. People die because someone else was on the cell phone. They die because someone was tired. They die cause someone wasnt paying enough attention to what they were doing. They die because someone was going to fast. Should all these people be fried?.
Those are called accidents, getting drunk is no accident, making a decision to get behind the wheel after drinking is no accident, its a crime, big difference
This is the weekest part of your whole arguement. Driving drunk is not negligence.
It is a CRIME TO DRIVE WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS OR ALCOHOL

Flyinbowtie
12-17-2006, 04:53 PM
I don't, "take sides" here very often, and I sure as heck don't count myself as in with the cool folks or whatever, but Miguel has a point here.
It is difficult to see the suspect in a felony dui case as the victim of anything, other than living with the results of having made a decision to get in an automobile and drive after drinking, which led to somebody else dying.
How the courts turn this into involuntary manslaughter has never made sense to me.
I don't know enough about Mr. Lane's case to go deep into what his sentencing should be. I suspect his attorney does, however, and that is why
Mr. Lane is liquidating his assets. To me, he is just another wart on the ass of society who has been arrested for being drunk and killing somebody with his car. Upon conviction, of course.
One tends to get a little tired of scraping bodies, and pieces thereof, off of the asphalt and delivering death notifications to moms, dads, sons, daughters, etc, and frequently doing it because some idiot has decided to put the rest of the world at risk so they can move from point "A" to point "B" by driving under the influence.
Continuously doing this tends to impact a person's perspective.
Yep, we all make mistakes. Nope, nobody is perfect.
DUI is probably one of the most preventable mistakes out there. If somebody is DUI and gets "Lucky" and gets home, or gets "Lucky", and has multiple convictions for misdemeanor DUI, then the rest of the folks on the road are the ones who's luck I am most concerned about. I don't give a damn about the drunk who kills himself; choice made and dice rolled. The people who are unfortunate enough to be on the road with the drunk are the ones I worry about.
I was a cop for 25 years. Everyone isn't guilty of something. "Typical" cop responses come from seeing too much of things most folks only find in their ugliest nightmares.
But that is just my opinion. Clearly, there are other far more qualified experts here.

uselessgrant
12-17-2006, 11:57 PM
you can smell a cork and be .02 or gargle listerine and be .04.. SHIT HAPPENS TO INNOCENT PEOPLE. THATS LIFE. IT SUCKS BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT. I CAN GAURANTEE THAT A LOT OF US HAVE DROVE HOME WAY OVER THE " LEGAL LIMIT " AND DID JUST FINE. DONT HANG BILLY FOR DOING WHAT MOST HAVE DONE AND MORE THAN ONCE....WERE GONNA DRINK .WERE GONNA DRIVE AND WERE GONNA PULL IT OFF!!

YeLLowBoaT
12-18-2006, 12:02 AM
you can smell a cork and be .02 or gargle listerine and be .04.. SHIT HAPPENS TO INNOCENT PEOPLE. THATS LIFE. IT SUCKS BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT. I CAN GAURANTEE THAT A LOT OF US HAVE DROVE HOME WAY OVER THE " LEGAL LIMIT " AND DID JUST FINE. DONT HANG BILLY FOR DOING WHAT MOST HAVE DONE AND MORE THAN ONCE....WERE GONNA DRINK .WERE GONNA DRIVE AND WERE GONNA PULL IT OFF!!
I have never driven drunk...
I say that he should fry... I'll be more then happy to throw the switch.

uselessgrant
12-18-2006, 12:09 AM
I don't, "take sides" here very often, and I sure as heck don't count myself as in with the cool folks or whatever, but Miguel has a point here.
It is difficult to see the suspect in a felony dui case as the victim of anything, other than living with the results of having made a decision to get in an automobile and drive after drinking, which led to somebody else dying.
How the courts turn this into involuntary manslaughter has never made sense to me.
I don't know enough about Mr. Lane's case to go deep into what his sentencing should be. I suspect his attorney does, however, and that is why
Mr. Lane is liquidating his assets. To me, he is just another wart on the ass of society who has been arrested for being drunk and killing somebody with his car. Upon conviction, of course.
One tends to get a little tired of scraping bodies, and pieces thereof, off of the asphalt and delivering death notifications to moms, dads, sons, daughters, etc, and frequently doing it because some idiot has decided to put the rest of the world at risk so they can move from point "A" to point "B" by driving under the influence.
Continuously doing this tends to impact a person's perspective.
Yep, we all make mistakes. Nope, nobody is perfect.
DUI is probably one of the most preventable mistakes out there. If somebody is DUI and gets "Lucky" and gets home, or gets "Lucky", and has multiple convictions for misdemeanor DUI, then the rest of the folks on the road are the ones who's luck I am most concerned about. I don't give a damn about the drunk who kills himself; choice made and dice rolled. The people who are unfortunate enough to be on the road with the drunk are the ones I worry about.
I was a cop for 25 years. Everyone isn't guilty of something. "Typical" cop responses come from seeing too much of things most folks only find in their ugliest nightmares.
But that is just my opinion. Clearly, there are other far more qualified experts here.
EVERY DAY MONDAY THRU FRIDAY AND SOME TIMES SATURDAY FOR 6 YEARS IS NOT LUCK !! SOME OF US JUST DRIVE BETTER THAN OTHERS. CANT HELP IF SOME PEOPLE SMELL A CORK AND HIT A LIGHT POLE.

YeLLowBoaT
12-18-2006, 12:15 AM
.192 is not smelling a cork.
you said above using listern will give you a BAC... wrong...
If the cops followed procedure. you would have to worry about it... they are supose to not let you have anything in your mouth for 15-30 mins depend on state. Also if you had a BLOOD OR URINE test it would not matter.
Get off your high horse...

uselessgrant
12-18-2006, 12:22 AM
SORRY I WORK IN A TOWN{SUBURB OF KC} THAT I CAN GAURANTEE WRITES MORE DUI PER COP THAN ANY OTHER LAW JURISDICTION IN MISSOURI. AND I AM SICK OF THER'E SHIT.:mad:

YeLLowBoaT
12-18-2006, 12:32 AM
SORRY I WORK IN A TOWN{SUBURB OF KC} THAT I CAN GAURANTEE WRITES MORE DUI PER COP THAN ANY OTHER LAW JURISDICTION IN MISSOURI. AND I AM SICK OF THER'E SHIT.:mad:
sounds like you got nailed with one yourself...
i wish they would change the laws and make it .05... or better yet make it like for minors at .01.
if your really sick of it... VOTE THEM OUT or MOVE....

Nord
12-18-2006, 12:52 AM
Who here has not drove their cars or boats while intoxicated? My guess is quit a few of you.
:confused:

BigDoug
12-18-2006, 07:50 AM
ULG, you sound like a disgruntled worker, husband, boyfriend.........or whatever.........that you go through life mad at everything and pissed off with your local government ?.....................perhaps you should slow down and relax and stay away from drinking all together.
Iv'e never had a beer (taste nasty) nor been drunk in my life !!!! but you on the other hand sounds like you can do this and get away with it Mon-Sun.
I hope when your in this state of mind and myself or my family have to share the same road way with you that you get caught and fry in jail cause you will kill someone someday and it better not be one of my family members, you need to learn the hard way.
I don't drink cause it's a choice i make and it scares the hell out of me of what the outcome could be for you or i, someone will get killed !!!
It's all a matter of dicipline !!!,if you drink be responsible and have a friend take you home its that simple. :)

uselessgrant
12-18-2006, 07:57 AM
No i have not. just been playing their chess game of them scoping out the bar and them stopping people for leaving there no matter how good or bad they drive. I work there i dont live there. They also come up with some BS reason why they pull you over cause they know that is all they need. It is all about the money not keeping the road safe.

rrrr
12-18-2006, 07:58 AM
EVERY DAY MONDAY THRU FRIDAY AND SOME TIMES SATURDAY FOR 6 YEARS IS NOT LUCK !! SOME OF US JUST DRIVE BETTER THAN OTHERS. CANT HELP IF SOME PEOPLE SMELL A CORK AND HIT A LIGHT POLE.
You sure aren't afraid to exhibit your stupidity publicly. May I be the first to congratulate you on being a complete and total f*cking moron.
Meanwhile, a family in Fort Worth is preparing to bury their son, brother, and father because of an asshole like you.
Driver ID'd in crash that killed officer
By ALEX BRANCH and BILL MILLER
Star-Telegram Staff Writers
Officer's death renews doubts on Crown Vic
FORT WORTH -- A man identified as Samuel Lee Hilburn, 21, of Fort Worth remained hospitalized with severe burns early Monday after an accident along Interstate 35W that killed a Fort Worth police officer.
Hilburn faces a charge of intoxication assault/manslaughter after his Lexus slammed into the rear of the cruiser, igniting a fire that consumed both vehicles, according to a police report.
Hilburn, who was arrested at the scene early Sunday, was reportedly burned over much of his body and was taken by helicopter ambulance to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. He was admitted in critical condition.
Hilburn, whose address was listed as College Avenue in Fort Worth, was driving a 1996 Lexus at the time of the accident. Police said speed and alcohol contributed to the fatal crash.
Officer Dwayne Freeto, 34, a father of two young girls, died after responding to a call to help a woman stranded on Interstate 35W with a flat tire.
The Lexus crashed into Freeto's 2005 Crown Victoria squad car while he was parked on the freeway's shoulder, pinning Freeto in the front seat and setting both cars ablaze. A good Samaritan and passing off-duty police officer were unable to save Freeto.
Freeto, an Army veteran who graduated from the Fort Worth Police Academy in March, died at the scene about 4 a.m.
Speed and alcohol may have contributed to the crash, said Lt. Dean Sullivan, a police spokesman. Investigators will prepare and present a case to the Tarrant County district attorney, who will determine whether any charges are filed, Sullivan said.
Linda Freeto of Midlothian said her youngest son was "an amazing young man" and a best friend to his brother, Charles "Chuck" Freeto, a 36-year-old teacher in Waco.
"His wife and mother didn't like the idea of him going into police work," she said. "He just felt called into police work, and it's something he always wanted to do.
"We are very proud of what Dwayne did."
Freeto's death came a little more than a year after Fort Worth police officer Henry "Hank" Nava Jr. was shot and killed while investigating an identity theft ring. Nava also left behind a wife and two children.
"Today our city once again mourns the loss of a member of the Fort Worth family," Mayor Mike Moncrief said with moist eyes Sunday morning. Freeto "died doing the job he was sworn to do: protect our citizens -- in this case, a lady with a flat tire.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with his family."
Freeto was the 51st Fort Worth police officer killed in the line of duty. He is the third Fort Worth officer to die while assisting stranded motorists since 1992.
The crash occurred after the driver of a black BMW called police at 3:38 a.m. to report that she was stranded on southbound I-35W just north of Morningside Drive, Sullivan said. A man in a gray Dodge pickup had stopped to help the woman and was parked in front of her.
Witnesses said Freeto was sitting in his patrol car on the outside shoulder with his blue and red emergency lights flashing when the 1996 four-door Lexus hit the rear of his patrol car, Sullivan said. The impact caused a chain reaction, knocking his patrol car into the BMW, which then struck the pickup.
Freeto's patrol car and the Lexus burst into flames, Sullivan said.
"The impact into the officer's car forced everything forward and pinned the officer in his seat," Sullivan said. "The rear axle pushed into where the back seat was supposed to be. It was a very strong collision."
The Dodge pickup driver and a passing off-duty police officer tried to pull Freeto from the wreckage. The pickup driver, who suffered cuts and burns on his hands and was treated at the scene, later told investigators the fire was too intense.
Police did not release the names of the drivers of the pickup or the BMW; the latter was not injured.
Fort Worth police said it was too early to determine whether the design of the 2005 Crown Victoria contributed to the fire. The Crown Victoria's rear fuel tank is outside the rear axle, which experts say makes it vulnerable to puncture in high-speed rear-end crashes.
The Tarrant County medical examiner's office had not determined the cause and manner of death as of Sunday night.
Faye Henderson, who lives on Harvey Avenue just west of I-35W, said the crash awakened her in bed.
"It must have been really bad, because I could hear it from here," she said Sunday afternoon. "I came to the door and saw big flames up on the road. I knew someone was probably really hurt."
The off-duty officer helped extinguish the flames on the Lexus driver's body, and the man crawled from his burning car, Sullivan said. The driver reportedly was burned over much of his body.
Blood was drawn from the driver of the Lexus to determine his blood-alcohol level, but police believe that speed was the dominant factor in the crash, Sullivan said.
Recent graduate
Freeto graduated from Brock High School in 1990, his mother said. He studied criminal justice at McLennan County College, then enlisted in the Army in 1995. A four-year commitment with the 1st Calvary at Foot Hood took him to South Korea, Bosnia and Kuwait.
But before he left, he married his wife, Karen, in a small family ceremony officiated by Freeto's father, Carl Freeto, who is senior pastor of the 800-member First United Methodist Church in Midlothian. The couple would have celebrated their 11th anniversary Jan. 1, Linda Freeto said.
Back home, Dwayne Freeto worked for a time as a computer technician. But soon he began to dream of a police career, his mother said.
He joined the force in August 2005 and graduated from the Fort Worth Police Academy in March. He was assigned as a patrol officer to the South Division Neighborhood Policing District No. 8 at 1000 Magnolia St.
"Out of all the people, he was one of the few that everyone liked," said fellow patrol officer Allen Martin, a rookie classmate. "He loved his job. He was always taking calls, always making assists. He could tell a joke or two."
Freeto lived in Grandview with his wife and daughters, 9-year-old Jordin and 3-year-old Jenna, Linda Freeto said.
"It's too hard. Both girls were Daddy's girls," Linda Freeto said. "He just loved his family, more than life itself."
Mozell Brown, the Freetos' neighbor in Grandview, said Sunday that she cried when she heard of the crash.
"I'd been sick a while back, and he came over to mow my lawn and did some other things," she said. "I really enjoyed having him here. He was the only person on this street that I knew. He would always ask, 'Is there anything you need or anything I could do?'"
Moncrief met with Police Chief Ralph Mendoza at the Fort Worth training academy Sunday morning. After speaking briefly to reporters, Moncrief paused at the door of his sport utility vehicle. He noted that just a few weeks ago he and his wife, Rosie, visited Nava's widow, Teresa, to see how she and the children were doing.
Hank Nava, 39, died Dec. 1, 2005, two days after he was shot in a north Fort Worth mobile home.
Linda Freeto said that her son spoke of working crowd control at Nava's funeral and that her son had a lot of respect for the fallen officer.
"It's rather moving that their names were connected," she said.
Teresa Nava wrote Sunday on the Star-Telegram's online guest book offering her condolences and advice.
"Please hold close your family and friends as they are the ones that can be there to hold you up when you are down," Nava wrote. "I can't tell you enough times how sorry I am for your loss.
"Nobody should have to feel this pain. Know that your husband did not die in vain. He died helping others."
Linda Freeto said the family is planning services for 10 a.m. Thursday at First United Methodist Church in downtown Fort Worth.
A stream of officers and academy classmates visited the Freeto family Sunday. Moncrief was among those who planned to go.
"You just feel so helpless," the mayor said. "December has not been a good month for Fort Worth. Christmas is supposed to be a time of celebration, a time of giving, appreciation and reflection. It shouldn't be a time for mourning and loss."

uselessgrant
12-18-2006, 08:05 AM
IM gonna quit this take before the Karma gets me.

Boozer
12-18-2006, 08:17 AM
So this is what I don't get.
Some people say hang him, others are saying they hope he walks. Personally, I say hang his ass. Is hanging him a harsh punishment for what he did? Most definitely. But I'd say losing a father, son, brother, husband, etc. is a pretty harsh penalty too. especially when the people who are now dealing with the loss of a loved one did nothing wrong to deserve such a harsh penalty.
I have no sympathy for guys who go out and kill people while drunk in their cars. How much do you think it would have cost Billy Lane to get a cab, take a bus, or take a limo? It's not like the guy can't afford it. Now he is going to spend a hell of a lot more on attorney's costs then he would have spent on a cab ride. Not to mention someone is DEAD thanks to his poor decision making skills.
I am by no means a rich man. Yet I still ALWAYS manage to have safe transport ANY and EVERY time I go drinking. Typically I get a ride to my drinking spot and take a Taxi home. Taxi's aren't cheap but they cost a hell of a lot less then a DUI and I NEVER have to worry about someone dying because of my drunk ass.
For those of you who drink and drive... If you ever get caught I hope they put your asses through the ringer. If you kill someone then you are deserving of the same fate if not worse.

Froggystyle
12-18-2006, 08:39 AM
No i have not. just been playing their chess game of them scoping out the bar and them stopping people for leaving there no matter how good or bad they drive. I work there i don't live there. They also come up with some BS reason why they pull you over cause they know that is all they need. It is all about the money not keeping the road safe.
So, just so we are all sure about the facts here... the cops, knowing that from the sounds of it your area has a huge problem with drinking and driving have been staking out bars, waiting for people who have been drinking to get in their cars and drive, then pull them over?
The nerve of some people... How dare they use a pretty sound string of methodology to try to get some drunks off the road.
If I was the sherriff in that town, I would post people up in front of the bars and just follow people. A whole line of cop cars just waiting. See how long the drinking and driving lasts if you do that.
I don't give a shit how great you think you can drive while you have been drinking. It isn't as good as you can sober.
Bottom line, this is one crime that I don't think the police go far enough to try to prosecute, and I think the lieniency is too great for those convicted.
And anyone who uses the "everyone does it" excuse is just as full of it. I don't, and most of my friends don't. We are more scared of you on the water than any other single thing on any given weekend.

DaddyMack
12-18-2006, 09:41 AM
I have been a Judge for 11 years, and I handle DUI's (not Felony, like Lane's). I am speaking to the generalities here not the specific case of Lane. Mostly because I am not familier with the laws in the particular state and because almost always the info we get in the papers does not contain the entire set of facts and circumstances so I try not to judge anyone based upon what I read or hear, especially in the papers and news. Unless I am actually sitting in the courtroom to hear everything do I then make a decision. (but that is me due to my background for sure).
Although not quite as hard line as KilrToy, I completely agree with his last statements and that's the key. Drinking was a choice and then getting behind the wheel after drinking, is a choice. That is the difference.
I don't like the family argument because plenty of victims exist that don't have family and it does not make the crime any less horrible. Its an argument that is designed to pull at your heart not your head. Anytime you involve your emotions in a criminal outcome the criminal will always spend life in jail or get the death penalty. I understand the argument and certainly it is a consideration in sentencing but doesn't make the crime any less for those without families.
Generally speaking, manslaughter is the correct charge because it does not require the intent to kill. In other words, getting behind the wheel he certainly did not set out to kill someone as far as we know. Does that make his crime any less? Probably not, but the penalties differ from state to state and the feds have their own sentencing guidlines too for lack of the intent to kill. Someone setting out to actually kill someone on purpose carries the harshest penalties, as it should.
Maybe I can offer a little insight as to why the vicitms condition may be some consideration as well. Right or wrong, if the vicitim was drinking as well, his reactions as to seeing a car coming towards him would have been different. In other words, if he had been sober, he may have been able to avoid the accident. At least that is what the defense will probably argue, and it is a good point. Is it enough? that is what a jury is for. By the way for all of you that avoid Jury duty, this is probably one of the best reasons not to and commenting on how bad Juries are, when you yourself avoid them, carries little weight. If you avoid jury duty, then you really shouldn't complain about those that are willing to serve decide.
Typically a negotiation will occur if the prosecuter has some issues in their case that they are unable to overcome, and that might cause a lesser outcome or an aquittal all together. The defense would probably take such a deal so they don't have to roll the dice with the jury.
Specifically, with regard to Lane, as a rider, I know of Mr. Lanes good contributions to society as well, he has donated a lot of time and money to our troops and other charities, probably more than most people. Also, I have heard some stories of him pulling over on a frequent basis to help people stranded, repairing their bikes on the spot without asking for a dime. Again, more than most would do. Mr. Lane's "character" did not have anything to do with the choice he made.
Does that excuse him from what he did? Hell no. He made a choice that will affect the person that he killed. And he needs to pay for it. What that payment will be, however, depends on the laws of the state he is in, as well as the actual facts of the case (all of them, not just one).

Froggystyle
12-18-2006, 09:51 AM
I think that might be the best post in hot boat history...
We need to get rid of this guy before he spoils us with logic and intelligence.

DaddyMack
12-18-2006, 10:32 AM
Umm thanks? lol :hammer2:

Hustler
12-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Great post DaddyMack.
Now how is it that because he is selling one car and is asumed that he is "liquidating":hammer2:

SHOTKALLIN
12-18-2006, 11:03 AM
how manny previous dui's does he have? this should also be considered.

Froggystyle
12-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Great post DaddyMack.
Now how is it that because he is selling one car and is asumed that he is "liquidating":hammer2:
This is ***boat dude... we are some conclusion jumping MFers around here..

Racey
12-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Did anyone else hear that he was also gettin blown behind the wheel when the accident happened, i don't remember where i heard that, just wondering if anyone else did?
If so i'd say that had more to do with the accident than the booze

ratso
12-18-2006, 11:45 AM
I'll be highly upset if they start passing laws that you can't have sex while driving.

Racey
12-18-2006, 11:48 AM
I'll be highly upset if they start passing laws that you can't have sex while driving.
hahahahah

seanv
12-18-2006, 02:10 PM
:cry: already a no no in arizona :cry: g/f never would give roadies again:cry: :cry: :cry:

Flyinbowtie
12-18-2006, 02:45 PM
DaddyMack,
Well said, sir.
Being at the pointy-end of the spear, Kilrtoy, me and others who have spoken up here to deal with the hot-button emotion of the situation as it unfolds, not months later like you do. I testified many (250+) times on Felony DUI and msd. DUI in Ca. I was a Court Certified expert, DRE, 11550 H/S, etc. during my 25 years.
I am thankful in many cases that the antiseptic atmostphere of a courtroom is where the decisions are made, but sometimes I was very frustrated by it, too.
I really believe with all my heart that the invol. manslaughter sections usually filed in this state simply do not reflect the reality of the case. Someone who knowingly places themselves in a position to drink, become intoxicated, and then drive a car, that results in the death of another person, is something more than a simple uncontrollable series of events. The suspect makes a series of descisions, and engages in a series of willful activites. This does, IMHO, not necessarily rise to the level of premeditation, or malice of forethought, but it sure as heck isn't an accident. There is, in my opinion, an intent implied by the actions taken and decisions made.
The accountability / responsibility calculation does not reflect the nature of the event. And, no offense intended, but there are many people who share the bench with you that would be well-served by a stronger connection to the day-to-day world which is inhabited by real people.
People like some on here, who have shared, even bragged, about their ability to drive while intoxicated, the frequency with which they do it, and how good they are at it.
Clearly, they are not getting the message society is trying to send. After a jury of their peers decides guilt, You and your peers send the message. If, the behavior doesn't change, and they continue to ignore it, then society has a right to seperate themselves from people who don't seem to place the same value on human life that the rest of us do.
You are tasked with sending that message, too.
Frankly, I'd rather have done my job. I wouldn't have been good at yours.

Froggystyle
12-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Frankly, I'd rather have done my job. I wouldn't have been good at yours.
I wouldn't want either of yours. I knew that if and when the time ever came for me to do my job, at least I get to shoot a booger-eater in the head. Then, I got to go look for another booger-eater to shoot.
I don't have the mentality neccessary to scold or re-habilitate.

XtrmWakeborder
12-18-2006, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't want either of yours. I knew that if and when the time ever came for me to do my job, at least I get to shoot a booger-eater in the head. Then, I got to go look for another booger-eater to shoot.
I don't have the mentality neccessary to scold or re-habilitate.
Haha i'm glad i'm not the only one with this mentality. I could never be a cop. If someone was running from me i'd just pull out my side arm and shoot him in the leg or somethin. Screw running.:D

wsuwrhr
12-18-2006, 06:19 PM
:cry: already a no no in arizona :cry: g/f never would give roadies again:cry: :cry: :cry:
Didn't a former President of The United States state that oral sex is not sex?
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-18-2006, 06:21 PM
That makes three of us.
Haha i'm glad i'm not the only one with this mentality. I could never be a cop. If someone was running from me i'd just pull out my side arm and shoot him in the leg or somethin. Screw running.:D

DaddyMack
12-19-2006, 11:07 AM
I really believe with all my heart that the invol. manslaughter sections usually filed in this state simply do not reflect the reality of the case. Someone who knowingly places themselves in a position to drink, become intoxicated, and then drive a car, that results in the death of another person, is something more than a simple uncontrollable series of events. The suspect makes a series of descisions, and engages in a series of willful activites. This does, IMHO, not necessarily rise to the level of premeditation, or malice of forethought, but it sure as heck isn't an accident. There is, in my opinion, an intent implied by the actions taken and decisions made.
I agree with what you are saying for sure, BUT as you say, it does not necessarily rise to the level of premediation, or malice or forethought. To quote shakespeare "Aye, theres the rub". Its a difficult task at best, trust me. It has to fall somewhere, and while we might not always agree that the punishment fit the crime, isn't part of the punishment going through the entire process, the stress, the ridicule, financial distress, etc.? Unfortunately, no correct answer exists, only the best what our legislators and society has decided. Luckily the law is a living entity and as the societal perceptions change, so can the law.
Clearly, they are not getting the message society is trying to send. After a jury of their peers decides guilt, You and your peers send the message. If, the behavior doesn't change, and they continue to ignore it, then society has a right to seperate themselves from people who don't seem to place the same value on human life that the rest of us do.
You are tasked with sending that message, too.
To the extent I personally can, I do. I am, like most judges, tied by the statutes and the prsecutors as to what the outcome of most cases will be. But in Nevada at least, repeat offenders do pay higher prices with third DUI being a felony. Arizona has a more intense statutory minimum penalties for those caught with higher alchohol levels in their blood than we do, however, we send those caught with higher blood levels to be evaluated before sentencing and additional penalties are typically added which enhance the minimums. I happen to like our system better because it affords us more flexibility,and hopefully works better towards education and reform.