PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor Folded his Ford Dealerships

Trailer Park Casanova
12-17-2006, 10:07 AM
Neighbor Stan had 2 Ford dealerships. He closed them both.
Said the F series trucks were the only thing keeping his business afloat and The 6.0 mess sank him.
Past problems with the cars and vans eliminated repeat business.
"Customers don't trust Ford anymore" he said.
We were considering the '08 F450, but wanted to see how it holds up.
Shouldn't have to take that into consideration if ya think about it.
Sorry to see them go.
His family owned the dealerships since 1947.

dumbandyoung
12-18-2006, 09:14 AM
i dunno man,, fords a great truck.. i owned 3 chevys before it too. i think if anything the qaulity of a truck can only get better after the years.. theres gotta be another side to that story..id believe that if he owned dodge dealers:shift: :shift: :shift:

boatnam2
12-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Said the F series trucks were the only thing keeping his business afloat and The 6.0 mess sank him.
Sorry to see them go.
neighbor has a 06 ford dually,it has broke the last three times he went riding,including this weekend with us.he was right by raceway ford so he towed it in and got it fixed.

shadow
12-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Sorry to see them go.
Hate to say it but maybe the Customers didn't trust ol Stan's dealership.
Got to be more to it than that to close the doors.

Zaairman
12-18-2006, 11:13 PM
The 6.Uhohs were crap due to the fact that Ford rushed them into production, and didn't train any service departments on how to work on them. All of the mechanics assumed if they could work on the 7.3, then they could work on the 6.0. Wroooooooooong. The new 6.0s are a good motor, they just need to be WORKED HARD. Also, the new 6.4 motor is undergoing TONS of testing. And no dealer can sell them until their mechanics have undergone training on how to work on the new motor.

curtis73
12-19-2006, 01:43 AM
Read the latest Diesel Performance magazine issue... Ford diesels outsell Chevy and Dodge COMBINED. Shock to me.. I thought Dodge would have beaten them all, but despite the 6.0 crap, Ford continues to outsell the other two put together.
I think your friend's dealerships might have gone under for other reasons.

shadow
12-19-2006, 05:28 AM
The 6.Uhohs were crap due to the fact that Ford rushed them into production, and didn't train any service departments on how to work on them. All of the mechanics assumed if they could work on the 7.3, then they could work on the 6.0. Wroooooooooong. The new 6.0s are a good motor, they just need to be WORKED HARD. Also, the new 6.4 motor is undergoing TONS of testing. And no dealer can sell them until their mechanics have undergone training on how to work on the new motor.
No dealer can sell the 6.0 without having X amount of techs certified in the latest diesel.As far as that goes no Ford dealer can sell any of the vehicles they sell without X amount of techs Factory trained certified in every different area Gasoline engine,diesel,transmission,brakes,electrical,etc.. X amount depends on the dealer size and volume.
Job security.;)

Hardly Satisfied
12-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Sorry to see them go.
Sorry to hear this about neighbor

Hardly Satisfied
12-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Sorry to see them go.
Sorry to hear this about your Neighbor Stan

dumbandyoung
12-19-2006, 11:56 AM
my mom is a service manager for a ford dealer in so cal. all of her techs are trained on every new product before its put on the showroom floor..

Trailer Park Casanova
12-25-2006, 05:39 AM
We talked for hours one evening last week.
Honda and Chevy have proved that a limited interest car like the s2000 and the Corvette can be a benefit to a dealer.
Ford may have had this in the T Bird, but the dealers were whores in marking up the prices 10 grand on an already high priced car.
Stan mentioned that the T-Birds also appeared lot weary from both the high pricing, and that they sat in outdoor storage until Ford figured a fix for the bad cooling system. Some sat up to 3 years.
The T bird program collapsed.
The Windstar mini vans were all junk and families on tight budgets got stuck & fed upwith expensive repairs.
They've moved on to Honda.
Ford bought back more Mustangs for drivetrain issues than any other make, and the truck 6.0's comitting suicide on owners was worse than the public realized.
Ford bought back entire fleets.
The once best selling Taurus was a victum of in-fighting at Ford, and a ugly re-design.
People moved on to Camrys.
So, the family gave everyone 2 weeks pay, locked the front doors, and is selling the property of their Calif location.
Their out of state location burned down.

Sherpa
12-31-2006, 10:11 AM
my personal ford take.
parents bought an 86 f-250 4x4 xcab 6.9, w/c-6 auto. never had any troubles. dad had an ATS turbo and gear vendor OD.... all good.....
soo, I bought my first new car. 90 f-250 4x4 xcab 7.3-Non turbo e40d
sooo, the front brakes boiled fluid not once, but twice under towing..
scared the hell outt me and the wife both times. happend a third time
but with an easy stopping point since I already knew what was about to
happen.
at 130k on the odo the trans shit........ 2300 later, it lasted for 1 1/2 month.
the shop f-ed up by installing the odo gear wrong. I had to fix their mistake.
9 months later that new torque converter went. 900 later it was good again.
6 months later the torque converter went again. got it (reluctantly) replaced
free since a freind did that job. now I owe a favor.
1 year later the transfercase quits........... 900 in parts later, I built a new
case........
my point: way too much repairs have been required for this truck being mainly driven in town, some highway, never been used for work........
next will be chevy...........
as for cars: I just bought a 2007 Camry XLE....... it's so damn smooth
you can't tell if the motor is running....
--Sherpa----the wifes 97 Chevy astrovan will be replaced with a new Honda
minivan...................

randy77zt
01-21-2007, 11:10 PM
opinion from laid off ford dealer tech-ford sucks.the dealers up here in nothern ca seem to think they can replace the techs with illegal aliens and pay $10 per hour.the flat rate pay system guarentees your vehicle will be f^&ked up by some guy hurrying because nobody wants to work for free.ford is laying off 35000 workers in usa-hello hecho en mexico.i was working in a union shop-we did good work but the shop was absorbing a hit on every 6.0 diesel that got worked on because ford warrenty wont pay enough labor time to do the job correctly.if you were working flat rate you would be working about 20 hours for free on a 6.0 head gaskit job.truck drivers make more money.the owner of the dealership i used to work at blamed the techs for being slow-but we worked at a steady pace and didnt screw around.most of the dealership owners i know are only interested in playing golf all day and hiring and firing managers to try to make more money.if a dealership owner actually worked on some cars and worked on the sales floor they would know what is really going on.

F26
01-23-2007, 01:45 PM
I should have it this week...Never had a problem with my 05 or 06 6.0 but do know that the problem existed.
Let you guys know how it turns out:idea: