PDA

View Full Version : octillo past weekend

boatnam2
12-18-2006, 10:53 AM
anyone else go?have not been there in a year place sucked...dusty as hell,30mph wind all day and night.then our neighbor when for a night ride with the kid ate shit spent the night at the hospital 9 to 5am got back couldnt sleep because of wind.then for a little topper the kid rolls the neighbors brand new 22k rhino.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-18-2006, 10:56 AM
That sound like a crappy weekend. :( It sucks ass when the wind picks up!
Where did you guys camp?

Hustler
12-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Congrates on the new Rhino:hammer2: :D

boatnam2
12-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Congrates on the new Rhino:hammer2: :D
yea no shit,the guy was pretty cool about it...it only scraped the roll bar and a little part were skulls are painted which will need to be fixed.linda lucky you didnt go it sucked ass couldnt even people camping 100 yards from us.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-18-2006, 11:03 AM
We are going out there on wed. after Christmas thru New Years. What are you guys doing?

Chipster27
12-18-2006, 11:05 AM
OW is aweful when the wind blows. We were there for T-giving in '05 and scared as hell to run in the washes for fear of a buggy/truggy/Trophy Truck cleaning our clock.
Hope New Years won't be as bad!!

Hustler
12-18-2006, 11:07 AM
You know Jim I sure as hell hope my son doesnt cost me as much in hospital and repair bills as he's cost you.:cry:

boatnam2
12-18-2006, 11:07 AM
We are going out there on wed. after Christmas thru New Years. What are you guys doing?
unless it rains bigtime dont see myself going back to octillo for awhile.dont know yet maybe going to glamis or the river.

catman-do
12-18-2006, 11:09 AM
No more Ocotillo for me ever again. Been there 4 times, and twice i was injured and once the bike was trashed jumping the doubles back by shell reef. Too many people with little experience that come popping up out of nowhere. If its in the dirt i stick to tracks now. :mix:

boatnam2
12-18-2006, 11:09 AM
You know Jim I sure as hell hope my son doesnt cost me as much in hospital and repair bills as he's cost you.:cry:
i hope he dosent either,actually he is pretty good now he drove himself down and got surgery and pins put in all by himself.when is he going to start rididng?

boatnam2
12-18-2006, 11:12 AM
No more Ocotillo for me ever again. Been there 4 times, and twice i was injured and once the bike was trashed jumping the doubles back by shell reef. Too many people with little experience that come popping up out of nowhere. If its in the dirt i stick to tracks now. :mix:
yea the kid was all pissed because he couldnt jump because of the wind plus all the jumps are wind rutted which making big jumps a little scary.the hospital was a treat 8 hours to get a x-ray.the guy got off so good he cracked his helmet in half.

charlyox
12-18-2006, 11:13 AM
That sucks Mac Daddy. We went to the river. It was nice. No wind for a change. Drank lots of beer.:)

Captain Dan
12-18-2006, 11:16 AM
I went out to OW for the day yesterday.
Weather was great! Typical - it blows all weekend, people clear out and on Sunday when it's time to leave - it's beautiful. It was a good day for a Sunday only ride.

Hustler
12-18-2006, 11:16 AM
i hope he dosent either,actually he is pretty good now he drove himself down and got surgery and pins put in all by himself.when is he going to start rididng?
He'll start riding next year. He'll be cruising around with me on the ATC70 over New Years

boatnam2
12-18-2006, 11:19 AM
I went out to OW for the day yesterday.
Weather was great! Typical - it blows all weekend, people clear out and on Sunday when it's time to leave - it's beautiful. It was a good day for a Sunday only ride.
sunday was nice but i had been up all night,plus i had to hook all the guys stuff up and put everything away.his shoulder was broke so i put everything away and left.

boatnam2
12-18-2006, 11:19 AM
He'll start riding next year. He'll be cruising around with me on the ATC70 over New Years
that is so cool hustler...