PDA

View Full Version : Yogi, Huck, Fred, George, Scooby...

JB in so cal
12-18-2006, 07:29 PM
The passing of a childhood icon:(
Yogi Bear. Huckleberry Hound. Fred Flintstone. George Jetson. Scooby Doo. Space Ghost. Hours spent in front of the TV on after-school afternoons, Saturday mornings, prime-time evenings and, lately, late nights. Years spent repeating catchphrases — from "yabba dabba doo" to "ruh-roh" — that are as familiar to us as poetry was to an earlier age.
All those decades, and decades to come, watching the animated work of Joseph Barbera, who died yesterday of natural causes at the age of 95. If the name doesn't immediately ring a bell, link it with that of his late work partner William Hanna, who died in 2001.

Makinitdrip
12-18-2006, 07:32 PM
moment of silence.......................... Oggie doggie and oggie daddy say farewell

BIGAMIST
12-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Time to sell all my animation cels:D :eek:

slink
12-18-2006, 07:36 PM
These are the only cartoons I can stand to watch w/ my daughter. Hate the new ones. Good thing she is a Scooby Doo fanatic. RIP

Biglue
12-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Those were the days of good cartoons. Nowadays the kids have crap to watch during afternoons. If it's not a reality show it's a talk show. :mad:

98 Vector 21
12-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Had many of breakfast with that crew....& Snaks after School....

Flyinbowtie
12-18-2006, 08:09 PM
There oughta be a national day of mourning, or something.
Those guys were artists, and their art was the cartoons that we all grew up on. They ain't made no real cartoons in a long, long time. All this crap they got in the TV box nowadays sucks.
"My Huckleberry Hound goes to the Moon", book from 1963 is stashed in the wife's cedar chest.
Where are the next QuickDraw McGraws, Huckleberry Hounds, George Jetson, Jane hs wife, their boy Elroy, etc. going to come from?
Just another sign of a deteriorating society, if ya ask me.:confused:

BIGRRNU
12-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Time to sell all my animation cels:D :eek:
Wow! we figured we were the only ones that thought animation cells were cool enough to buy. Our 20 yr old is a huge Yogi Bear fan. She has a few signed by both Hanna & Barbera. Too bad we'd never sell. Everybody loves a PIC-A-NIC basket eh Boo-Boo?

Mr. C
12-19-2006, 08:19 AM
Wow! we figured we were the only ones that thought animation cells were cool enough to buy. Our 20 yr old is a huge Yogi Bear fan. She has a few signed by both Hanna & Barbera. Too bad we'd never sell. Everybody loves a PIC-A-NIC basket eh Boo-Boo?
Sad day indeed, cartoons will never be the same as they used to be. IMHO.
My dad worked at H-B for over 30 years. When he retired they gave him a 50th anniv cel (48" X 24") with all of the characters signed by both, it is pretty awesome. He also had one the animaters make up a cel with Yogi & Boo Boo and two of my kids sitting on a blanket around a picnic basket. Talk about priceless.
Don't think i could sell any of mine either.
The ranger is not gonna like this Yogi.

brianthomas
12-19-2006, 08:24 AM
My dad worked at H-B for over 30 years. When he retired they gave him a 50th anniv cel (48" X 24") with all of the characters signed by both, it is pretty awesome. He also had one the animaters make up a cel with Yogi & Boo Boo and two of my kids sitting on a blanket around a picnic basket. Talk about priceless.
Don't think i could sell any of mine either.
The ranger is not gonna like this Yogi.
I would love to see these, any pictures??????

Mr. C
12-19-2006, 08:33 AM
I would love to see these, any pictures??????
I'll try and get one tonight and have it tomorrow(the one of the kids). Not gonna be at my parents for a few weeks though.

BIGAMIST
12-19-2006, 04:11 PM
My dad worked at H-B for over 30 years.
Thats funny:) ..I worked there also.

ratso
12-19-2006, 05:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaJ-Zp1a7w8

Mr. C
12-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Thats funny:) ..I worked there also.
When and what departments? Dad and brother were in editorial.

BIGAMIST
12-20-2006, 12:24 PM
When and what departments? Dad and brother were in editorial.
Late 80's early 90's, I worked for Red Lindquest, my title was Mechanic but I did alot of stuff that was not in Red's depatment.