PDA

View Full Version : Riv Co OHV important read

Sportin' Wood
01-24-2006, 09:01 PM
I just returned from the Riverside County board of supervisors meeting. After a long testimony by concerned citizens Supervisor Bob Buster called for an Outright ban on OHV use on "PRIVATE" property throughout Riverside County. This means that no matter how much property you own you will not be able to use OHV's on your own property period! Not even your kids riding around on a 50 will be legal.
If you live in Riverside County I can't tell you how important it is that you contact your area representive and voice your opinion.
You can find out more info from
Meg Grossglass at ORBA
www.orba.biz
or AMA district 37
Both AMA reps left before the end of the meeting as it went late so they may not have the info yet.
Meg has all the details as she was sitting right next to me flabergasted at Mr Busters remarks.
I believe the next meeting is sched. March 28 at 1:00pm in Riverside.
Meg had worked 18 months on a compromised bill with the riverside planning dept, but that 18 months of work just went out the window. There where 3 anti offroaders to every one offroaders at this meeting. Again I can not tell you how important it is that you voice your opinion if you want to continue riding in Riverside County.
SW

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-25-2006, 07:00 AM
BUMP
No one is interested in this????? Bob Buster is calling for a BAN of OHV use on ALL PRIVATE PROPERTY in the ENTIRE county!!
I have 12 acres, that means no quads or motorcycles at all on my property. Even the ranch quads that we use to haul around horsie poo. Even if one had 150 acres. Anyone here live in Buster's district??? Hellooooooo. Is this thing on??? :D

Wet Dream
01-25-2006, 07:17 AM
BUMP
No one is interested in this????? Bob Buster is calling for a BAN of OHV use on ALL PRIVATE PROPERTY in the ENTIRE county!!
I have 12 acres, that means no quads or motorcycles at all on my property. Even the ranch quads that we use to haul around horsie poo. Even if one had 150 acres. Anyone here live in Buster's district??? Hellooooooo. Is this thing on??? :D
Good. Let RC set the precident for the rest of the state. Good ol' Cali. :yuk:
No, this isn't personal against you or anyone else. I just can't believe how the CA counties create such bullshit laws, and you guys and gals living there become more and more sterile. CA isn't the recreation state it once used to be.

Sportin' Wood
01-25-2006, 07:21 AM
http://www.pe.com/localnews/hemet/stories/PE_News_Local_D_offroad25.130cfb00.html
Heres a link to the Press Enterprise article

JetBoatRich
01-25-2006, 07:27 AM
This needs to stay at the top :rolleyes: I may not live in the same county, but it could give other cities an idea :yuk:

havaduner
01-25-2006, 07:31 AM
Good. Let RC set the precident for the rest of the state. Good ol' Cali. :yuk:
No, this isn't personal against you or anyone else. I just can't believe how the CA counties create such bullshit laws, and you guys and gals living there become more and more sterile. CA isn't the recreation state it once used to be.
Nice, thanks for your support, please do us sterile folks in Cali a favor: stay in PA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-25-2006, 07:33 AM
I don't live in Riverside but I think this is crap. :yuk: How can someone tell you what not to do on your own property?? Whats the reason, noise??

Sportin' Wood
01-25-2006, 07:48 AM
San Bernadino county is also currently working on a plan. This action will be a tool used in other counties and its possible other states.

Sportin' Wood
01-25-2006, 07:51 AM
I don't live in Riverside but I think this is crap. :yuk: How can someone tell you what not to do on your own property?? Whats the reason, noise??
According to Bob Buster riding OHV's on your property is not a right. Its an option. Noise, dust, Enviromental impact, among other things.

Wet Dream
01-25-2006, 07:56 AM
Noise, pollution, erosion of the land, name it. Remember the 2 strokes on the lakes? And Hava, don't get too carried away, I lived there for many years, got tired of the crap.

BarryMac
01-25-2006, 08:01 AM
According to Bob Buster riding OHV's on your property is not a right. Its an option. Noise, dust, Enviromental impact, among other things.
That's total bullsh!t, there trying to tell you where you can and can't ride your motorcycles? It's your property, you pay your taxes, next thing you know they'll be telling you when you can and can't poop. Focken politicians, makes me wanna throw up...

Sleek-Jet
01-25-2006, 08:02 AM
That's total bullsh!t, there trying to tell you where you can and can't ride your motorcycles? It's your property, you pay your taxes, next thing you know they'll be telling you when you can and can't poop. Focken politicians, makes me wanna throw up...
Don't shit on the flowers... :D
If I lived in RC, I'd be fighting this tooth and nail... get involved people.

casean
01-25-2006, 08:20 AM
http://www.pe.com/localnews/hemet/stories/PE_News_Local_D_offroad25.130cfb00.html
Heres a link to the Press Enterprise article
Thanks for the link. I just forwarded it to several friends of ours that just bought land over in the Temecula wine country. I can't believe they threw everything out after all those months of work the planning commission put into the proposal.

havaduner
01-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Noise, pollution, erosion of the land, name it. Remember the 2 strokes on the lakes? And Hava, don't get too carried away, I lived there for many years, got tired of the crap.
I apologize WD, just this was the first thread I saw this morning and it pissed me off.
I am getting tired of the fighting I have to do to enjoy what I do with my free time. The enviros are trying to take my sand dunes away from me, and seem to be getting help from politicians now. Somebody complained my boat was too loud, so I had to put mufflers on it. I am sick of the BS here too, but what happens in Cali can (and most likely will ) happen in other parts of the country.

pixilatedpussy
01-25-2006, 10:38 AM
I just returned from the Riverside County board of supervisors meeting. After a long testimony by concerned citizens Supervisor Bob Buster called for an Outright ban on OHV use on "PRIVATE" property throughout Riverside County. This means that no matter how much property you own you will not be able to use OHV's on your own property period! Not even your kids riding around on a 50 will be legal.
If you live in Riverside County I can't tell you how important it is that you contact your area representive and voice your opinion.
You can find out more info from
Meg Grossglass at ORBA
www.orba.biz
or AMA district 37
Both AMA reps left before the end of the meeting as it went late so they may not have the info yet.
Meg has all the details as she was sitting right next to me flabergasted at Mr Busters remarks.
I believe the next meeting is sched. March 28 at 1:00pm in Riverside.
Meg had worked 18 months on a compromised bill with the riverside planning dept, but that 18 months of work just went out the window. There where 3 anti offroaders to every one offroaders at this meeting. Again I can not tell you how important it is that you voice your opinion if you want to continue riding in Riverside County.
SW
That sucks! :yuk:

RiverDave
01-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Anything new on Bob Busters health?
RD

Wet Dream
01-25-2006, 12:06 PM
I apologize WD, just this was the first thread I saw this morning and it pissed me off.
I am getting tired of the fighting I have to do to enjoy what I do with my free time. The enviros are trying to take my sand dunes away from me, and seem to be getting help from politicians now. Somebody complained my boat was too loud, so I had to put mufflers on it. I am sick of the BS here too, but what happens in Cali can (and most likely will ) happen in other parts of the country.
Not a problem. I got so sick of the bullshit out there. You couldn't do shit without having someone up in your business. Smog laws was a good one. No biggie, but I have an 81 CJ7. That period had more BS smog equipment on it that was breaking or disconnected, CA wanted it fixed, and my income at the time...ain't gonna happen. I took my ball and played in someone elses yard. Long story short, the Jeep is here, getting a smallblock, headers and don't have to smog crap. Off roading in general? Forget it. I used to go to Pismo, and Hollister Hills. Anywhere else, you would get busted. No regrets about leaving CA, but I do miss some things.

bordsmnj
01-25-2006, 05:03 PM
this is just bullshit.where the **** do these poeple get off telling other poele what they can and can't do on their own land? outrageous. :mad:

Havasu Doug
01-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Don't all those Supercross guys have private tracks behind there homes in Riverside? This sucks.