PDA

View Full Version : clippers take another hit...

dmontzsta
12-19-2006, 12:40 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2702501
With Denver getting Iverson, that means the clippers are out. Reports are that Philly wanted Livingston, Magette and Cassell. Clippers should have done it, Cassell is done in a year, Magette already wants out and Livingston will never be great.
Now Denver will be a competitor.

Jyruiz
12-19-2006, 12:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2702501
With Denver getting Iverson, that means the clippers are out. Reports are that Philly wanted Livingston, Magette and Cassell. Clippers should have done it, Cassell is done in a year, Magette already wants out and Livingston will never be great.
Now Denver will be a competitor.
Sorry Don, but I think Livingston, Magette and Cassell was to much for Philly to be asking for Iverson. I would not have done that deal either. Look at what Philly is getting from Denver, a bunch of loose change.

MayDaze
12-19-2006, 12:48 PM
We shall see if the 2 ego's of Iverson and Anthony can well as we say in ***boat alot "just get along"

AirtimeLavey
12-19-2006, 12:49 PM
I think Clips should've pulled the trigger. Would have given them a legit superstar, and helped them in many ways. Now, they're just the same ole mediocre team they've always been...:sleeping:

Jyruiz
12-19-2006, 12:50 PM
We shall see if the 2 ego's of Iverson and Anthony can well as we say in ***boat alot "just get along"
Not only that, but if he does not show for practice, Karl won't be getting along with him either. And don't forget the fiery Martin, how will he get along with all of them as well.

eliminatedsprinter
12-19-2006, 12:53 PM
I would have givin them any 3 player deal that did not include Brand. The fan appeal alone is worth it. Clippers jerseys would sell a lot better if they offered one with Iverson on the back. I'll bet the folks on the teams promotional and business dept are pissed they didn't get him.
But hey they are the Clippers. The leagues historic leader in self inflicted wounds....

MayDaze
12-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Not only that, but if he does not show for practice, Karl won't be getting along with him either. And don't forget the fiery Martin, how will he get along with all of them as well.
Yeah I did not bring up 2 game Martin... I think if the Clippers can turn it around they are a better team then Denver. Iverson can score but I just don't see him wearing any rings in the future.

460 jus getn it
12-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Clippers suck almost as bad as the LAKERS.

dmontzsta
12-19-2006, 01:07 PM
Sorry Don, but I think Livingston, Magette and Cassell was to much for Philly to be asking for Iverson. I would not have done that deal either. Look at what Philly is getting from Denver, a bunch of loose change.
You think? Cassell is old and will be gone in a year. Magette wants out and I dont know if they can get much for him and Livingston has not proven anything.
Brand and Iverson would have made them one of the elite teams.

dmontzsta
12-19-2006, 01:08 PM
Clippers suck almost as bad as the LAKERS.
I hear the Arizona weed is good this time of year. :D

skygod73
12-19-2006, 02:24 PM
You think? Cassell is old and will be gone in a year. Magette wants out and I dont know if they can get much for him and Livingston has not proven anything.
I agree Livingston hasn't proven anything, and Magette along with Cassell are gone soon enough anyway. It would have been a good few years for Clipper fans with AI, Brand, Mobley, Kaman, and the rest. Staples would've had a buzz for Clipper games finally. Denver gave up 2 1st rd picks and some players. They better get it done soon cause no 1st rd picks will hurt down the line.

Jyruiz
12-19-2006, 02:29 PM
I know Cassell is old, but Iverson is not worth Magette and Livingston. I would not put a player that does not like to practice next to Brand. Clippers just need a better system, how is it that they were one of the best defensive teams in the L last year, and this year they stink at it. Dunleavys rotations have sucked and he tends to loose the players focus after a while, he is not a long term answer, for any team.