PDA

View Full Version : I quit my job today.........

PHOTOGLOU
12-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Actually, I quit last week but cleaned out my office today...... I will keep all of you aware of where the deals are until I find a new home (Don't think it will be too long)...... I am looking to become an investor in a new car store with a title of G.S.M. or G.M. as well as sell, and that was not available at Selman..... I'm gonna miss those guys. They truely are a GREAT bunch of people..... For those of you that don't know my cell it's 714 552 0300....

OnlyMoney
12-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Holy shit! I guess congrats, it probably feels pretty good. So, does this mean we can meet Friday night on our way down the 15 for a drink and to give you a little gift? :D

PHOTOGLOU
12-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Holy shit! I guess congrats, it probably feels pretty good. So, does this mean we can meet Friday night on our way down the 15 for a drink and to give you a little gift? :D
YES............... Drinking is in the plan for the next few weeks.........

squirt'nmyload
12-19-2006, 03:19 PM
good luck....judging from what peeps have said about you on here, it won't be long before you get what your looking for.

OnlyMoney
12-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Damn, I want that life! I'll call you when we leave town, give you a few hours heads up. :)

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Do you just realize you opened yourself up to drunk dialing?
Actually, I quit last week but cleaned out my office today...... I will keep all of you aware of where the deals are until I find a new home (Don't think it will be too long)...... I am looking to become an investor in a new car store with a title of G.S.M. or G.M. as well as sell, and that was not available at Selman..... I'm gonna miss those guys. They truely are a GREAT bunch of people..... For those of you that don't know my cell it's 714 552 0300....

TOBTEK
12-19-2006, 03:22 PM
WOW.......... hope all is well Jay! for my own selfishness, I hope you land at a Cady dealer. Need a new Esclade :)

Big Kahunaa
12-19-2006, 03:22 PM
get into a ford store i need to trade in

PHOTOGLOU
12-19-2006, 03:24 PM
And I have caller ID and I bet I can stay up later than you.......

Devil's Advocate
12-19-2006, 03:25 PM
Just what I was going to say.
He's getting drunk dialed at 2:00am.:D

PHOTOGLOU
12-19-2006, 03:26 PM
WOW.......... hope all is well Jay! for my own selfishness, I hope you land at a Cady dealer. Need a new Esclade :)
Joey at Nabors cadi 714 444 5206 SHE IS GREAT.....

Sportin' Wood
12-19-2006, 03:28 PM
I bet a man of your talent would fit right in over here.:D
http://www.pflueger-cadillac.com/en_US/
Let us all know where you land as the wife is bugging me for a new Tahoe.:)

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Doubtful Jay,
That is, unless you do work for Wes at Trident Custom Boats too.
haha
I was just messing with you.
Brian

PHOTOGLOU
12-19-2006, 03:35 PM
I bet a man of your talent would fit right in over here.:D
http://www.pflueger-cadillac.com/en_US/
Should have something lined up soon.......

superdave013
12-19-2006, 03:42 PM
no question there. I hear he has to be in bed by 7:30 on school nights. :)

Bense468
12-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Damn i bet Selman is gonna miss you.

PHOTOGLOU
12-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Damn guys, Starting to feel special..... 16 responses and 17 views..... Nice to know the ***boat family is behind me.... I will take care of you guy's with whatever I can...

Jbb
12-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Damn guys, Starting to feel special..... 16 responses and 17 views..... Nice to know the ***boat family is behind me.... I will take care of you guy's with whatever I can...
Photoglou Hyundai?:D

wsuwrhr
12-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Plan on working for a Dodge dealer anytime soon? I am anxiously awaiting whether the Charger, I mean Challenger, will be a foor door or not.
Brian

riverroyal
12-19-2006, 03:53 PM
my next truck was gonna be from you!!!!TOBTEK a cadi????awww shiattt

Member: 7673
12-19-2006, 03:57 PM
:idea: GMC

Tom Slick
12-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Good luck Jay! :D

PHOTOGLOU
12-19-2006, 04:03 PM
:idea: GMC
???????????

PHOTOGLOU
12-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Good luck Jay! :D
Thank You

Trailer Park Casanova
12-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Damn i bet Selman is gonna miss you.
I wanna see their numbers in six months compaired this year.
Geeeze Jay, this sux,, but it's right ya take the step to move up.
Oh brother, the legend moves on,,,, but be back even bigger and better.
This has been one really bad day,,, now this,,

Kilrtoy
12-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Selman Lost an asset and another dealer will gain a great one....
jay you know Im always good for a car, maybe next year two new ones,
That is if the wife lets me

JB in so cal
12-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Ya' know. You CAN just wash them, instead...:)

Member: 7673
12-19-2006, 04:18 PM
???????????
Im considering a Denali for my next vehicle.:)

Tremor Therapy
12-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Let us know where you land Jay.....the wife wants a new car and 2007 will be the year.

EmpirE231
12-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Def keep us updated!! would buy my next car from you again without a doubt! best car buying experience ever when I got my duramax!!

Froggystyle
12-19-2006, 04:24 PM
C'mon GMC!!!!
Only reason I don't own a Denali is I don't think I could look myself in the heated mirror after not buying my next truck from you.
Frankly, I'll buy whatever you're selling. I invest in people not brands.

OutCole'd
12-19-2006, 04:24 PM
How about moving to Nevada so you can lease me a car??

dicudmore
12-19-2006, 04:27 PM
dude--he'll still deliver it to ya from CA :rolleyes:

OutCole'd
12-19-2006, 04:28 PM
I tried before. He could sell me a car, but not lease one.

dicudmore
12-19-2006, 04:32 PM
I tried before. He could sell me a car, but not lease one.
well--ya know us service guys don't know nothin' about sales :eek:

BarryMac
12-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Good Luck Jay, I'm certain that whereever you land you will make the dealership a much better place... :)

PHOTOGLOU
12-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Let me know when you are ready.... Hope to see you soon......

Throttle
12-19-2006, 04:36 PM
danm, i was gonna have find me another rig...

PHOTOGLOU
12-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Ya' know. You CAN just wash them, instead...:)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...... Don't let him know that..... Your gonna cost me 3 new car deals a yr

Boatcop
12-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Move out here, Jay.
I'm sure Bradley would just LOVE to have you. :D

riverbound
12-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Dang.... and I was gonna stop by and pay you a visit today. I know you will let us know where you land, hopefully it will be Ford.

PHOTOGLOU
12-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Let us know where you land Jay.....the wife wants a new car and 2007 will be the year.
Will do...

Cole Trickle
12-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Hopefully this is a positive move for ya!!!
Good luck buddy....Hopefully you land at a good dealer that sells good cars and can put some extra coin in your pocket:D
Make sure you still sell Trucks/SUV's
<------- dosen't want to drive no stinking hyundai!!!:idea: :mad: :D

Throttle
12-19-2006, 04:44 PM
yep, i was just waitin till after the new year... keep us up to speed jay!

PHOTOGLOU
12-19-2006, 04:45 PM
C'mon GMC!!!!
Only reason I don't own a Denali is I don't think I could look myself in the heated mirror after not buying my next truck from you.
Frankly, I'll buy whatever you're selling. I invest in people not brands.
Thank You

PHOTOGLOU
12-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Def keep us updated!! would buy my next car from you again without a doubt! best car buying experience ever when I got my duramax!!
Thank you

HavasuSelect
12-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Congrats! I'm sure everything will work out in your favor. Enjoy the time off!

PHOTOGLOU
12-19-2006, 04:47 PM
I ca call out to a dealer in Henderson or Fletcher Jones now that I havemore time... Call me so we can go over the basic's..... You would prob have to drive to the dealer though

PHOTOGLOU
12-19-2006, 04:48 PM
I can sell but not lease out of state

PHOTOGLOU
12-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Good Luck Jay, I'm certain that whereever you land you will make the dealership a much better place... :)
Thank You

Kilrtoy
12-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Move out here, Jay.
I'm sure Bradley would just LOVE to have you. :D
Too bad Bradley dont deal and have the most over priced cars I have ever seen

Havasu_Dreamin
12-19-2006, 04:55 PM
Good luck Jay. Best vehicle buying experience I ever had! I definitley look forward to buying from you again in the future.....

NOTALENT
12-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Damn bro...good luck in your next venture, but till then I hear sutra calling and bottles poppin!:D

Kachina26
12-19-2006, 05:09 PM
I'll be working tonight, we'll see just how late you're up. But, I'll be sober dammit!

LaveyOne
12-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Jay, you are "THE MAN !!!"
Looking forward to seeing which dealership you bring to the top ...
Merry Christmas! :)

Trailer Park Casanova
12-19-2006, 05:23 PM
I dated a CPA who held some 'Vegas dealerships as clients. She mentioned once that a successful dealerships sales mgr, that is a core employee, is a significant piece of the company.
Holds a %.
You're moving the right direction.
If you don't go to work, no one does.
I gotta hand it to you Jay, ya got balls to make the big move.

H20 Toie
12-19-2006, 06:32 PM
dam now i know why you didn't get back to me. guess i should have bought it a week earlier :(

carreraelite
12-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Good Luck With Your Next Venture, Jay!!
I thought that she wanted a Durango??

TCHB
12-19-2006, 07:43 PM
I never even bought a car from you and you seemed like a nice guy. We also live in Huntington Beach and Havasu.

Mandelon
12-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Cool, Tob's gettin an Escalade, be sure to let us know when its for sale... :D

ULTRA26 # 1
12-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Jay,
You will kick a** where ever you end up. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
John Moreno
PS Please wish your Dad and Mom a Merry Chistmas too. I've known Mike forever. I'm a close friend of your uncle Jim, since 3rd grade.

PHOTOGLOU
12-19-2006, 08:24 PM
dam now i know why you didn't get back to me. guess i should have bought it a week earlier :(
Please call me at 714 552 0300 I will get it handled for you when you need it.........

PHOTOGLOU
12-19-2006, 08:25 PM
Jay,
You will kick a** where ever you end up. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
John Moreno
PS Please wish your Dad and Mom a Merry Chistmas too. I've known Mike forever. I'm a close friend of your uncle Jim, since 3rd grade.
Will do......

CornWater
12-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Good luck Jay, wish you the best in whatever you do.... I have no doubt you will land firmly on your feet.

duffster
12-19-2006, 08:45 PM
That just sucks

Nord
12-19-2006, 10:00 PM
Good Luck Jay!!

INSman
12-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Having dealt with dealers over the past 15 years, I have seen it oh too many times when an employee in sales, whether it was new/used/F&I was doing so well and figured out the pay plan so that it worked best in the employees favor, next thing you know the dealer/GM/GSM changes the pay plan so you make less money the following month. What amazes me is that these people are not too happy about writing big checks to a performing employee when all along, that usually means that the dealer/GM/GSM are all making big money as well.
I remember many years ago, there was this guy at Toyota of Cerritos when it was still owned by Lou Webb, and this guy was making upwards of $500k a year. Long story short, this salesman bought a home in the same exclusive neighborhood that Lou Webb was living in, next thing you know, this guy was showed the door (go figure). :messedup: :hammer2:

Flyinbowtie
12-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Don't know you Jay, I'm 600 miles north of you.
But, I have listened to many folks on here rave about how you take a personal interest in the people involved in every deal you make. In your industry, customer service is everything. You will land on your feet, and you'll get what you're after because you have earned it.
Best of luck...
If I ever buy another new car, I'll be looking in your direction.

Magic34
12-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Jay,
If you need referral letters for that GSM or GM gig, let me know. I would be glad to write one for you. I think I have some skills with that, and I'll throw my title at the bottom to make it seem like I am important :D :D :)
Whatever you need, let me know.

GETSOME
12-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Good Luck JAY! I bet Selman sales will be down next year with out your there:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-20-2006, 06:31 AM
Good Luck With Your Next Venture, Jay!!
I thought that she wanted a Durango??
I like them both. The Durango is just a hair smaller and a little easier to park.
Best wishes, Jay. Keep Jeff posted :D

OGShocker
12-20-2006, 06:41 AM
Thank You
No, Thank you! For all the wonderful service and your friendship. Don't forget me when the new 2500/3500s come out, daddy needs a new truck.
I would take this chance to offer you good luck, but with your commitment to providing great deals and you first class customer service, you'll be fine!
Mark

zerotollerance
12-20-2006, 07:23 AM
Jay,
been following many of your threads and sorry to hear of the change. But the good news is that a talented lad like yourself will find what ya want-stay focused and POSITIVE. There are lots of changes going on in the retailer world and be patient. Many reorgs going on and buysells a happening. It appears that the small stores many be a thing of the past for the next few years.
I am not sure if you have tried any of the autonations or Sonic stores, but they are always looking for hard working dudes- They are kinda like a corporate retail operation with processes as the guiding rule- less gun slinging, a little less paycheck peaks but in mgmt very stable if ya keep your nose clean. No I do not work for them yet but some close colleages are very happy with the changes they have created after they buysell.
best of luck-STAY PUMPED;) ;) ;)

sigepmock
12-20-2006, 07:30 AM
WOW I was fully expecting to read this and find out you we're quiting and going to race the POKER RUN circiut full time and I was going to start begging to be on your support crew along with Dave Evans :D
Good luck Jay although as most have said I don't think you'll need it. Make sure you let us know where you land.....it won't be long before we need a Suburban....
Merry Christmas,
Chris Mock

voodoomedman
12-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Jay,
been following many of your threads and sorry to hear of the change. But the good news is that a talented lad like yourself will find what ya want-stay focused and POSITIVE. There are lots of changes going on in the retailer world and be patient. Many reorgs going on and buysells a happening. It appears that the small stores many be a thing of the past for the next few years.
I am not sure if you have tried any of the autonations or Sonic stores, but they are always looking for hard working dudes- They are kinda like a corporate retail operation with processes as the guiding rule- less gun slinging, a little less paycheck peaks but in mgmt very stable if ya keep your nose clean. No I do not work for them yet but some close colleages are very happy with the changes they have created after they buysell.
I think he knows the industry quite well and will be somewhere else fast. He didn't get fired or layed off. It says he quit so he could find somewhere that he could become a General Manager. This guy is good but he changes dealerships like some change their underwear. When he lands somewhere it will be the 4th dealership I think since I've been on ***boat.

a catered life
12-20-2006, 08:08 AM
jay while i have never meet you i can tell from the many replies and post here you must be a decent guy:) ...also while i am not one to leave something before i have something else, i feel a person with your skills and track-record will be able to secure something fast:D .....good luck with your future:)

Big Warlock
12-20-2006, 08:56 AM
Jay:
Good luck to you! Maybe you can make your office at Kantina in Newport? At least we would run into you !!! ha ha
Good luck to you Jay! Never heard a bad thing about you! (And that's rare on Hot Boat!! :D
Rob

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Having dealt with dealers over the past 15 years, I have seen it oh too many times when an employee in sales, whether it was new/used/F&I was doing so well and figured out the pay plan so that it worked best in the employees favor, next thing you know the dealer/GM/GSM changes the pay plan so you make less money the following month. What amazes me is that these people are not too happy about writing big checks to a performing employee when all along, that usually means that the dealer/GM/GSM are all making big money as well.
I remember many years ago, there was this guy at Toyota of Cerritos when it was still owned by Lou Webb, and this guy was making upwards of $500k a year. Long story short, this salesman bought a home in the same exclusive neighborhood that Lou Webb was living in, next thing you know, this guy was showed the door (go figure). :messedup: :hammer2:
This is similar to what happend to me years ago......

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Don't know you Jay, I'm 600 miles north of you.
But, I have listened to many folks on here rave about how you take a personal interest in the people involved in every deal you make. In your industry, customer service is everything. You will land on your feet, and you'll get what you're after because you have earned it.
Best of luck...
If I ever buy another new car, I'll be looking in your direction.
Thank You

Ziggy
BEst of everything to you Jay..........A motivated person like yourself will be successful in whatever you tackle...........

PHOTOGLOU
Jay,
If you need referral letters for that GSM or GM gig, let me know. I would be glad to write one for you. I think I have some skills with that, and I'll throw my title at the bottom to make it seem like I am important :D :D :)
Whatever you need, let me know.
We'll be talking....... Thank You

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Good Luck JAY! I bet Selman sales will be down next year with out your there:D
Thank You. And as far as Selman's sales, I hope not, They are great people, I am just looking for alittle more future.

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 09:36 AM
I like them both. The Durango is just a hair smaller and a little easier to park.
Best wishes, Jay. Keep Jeff posted :D
Thank You. And will do with Jeff......

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 09:38 AM
No, Thank you! For all the wonderful service and your friendship. Don't forget me when the new 2500/3500s come out, daddy needs a new truck.
I would take this chance to offer you good luck, but with your commitment to providing great deals and you first class customer service, you'll be fine!
Mark
Mark the only time I forget you, is in Park Moabi...........:D .... I will contact you soon about the new trucks.

phebus
12-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Very bad timing Jay. Next time, try to schedule your off time during the summer.
Best of luck, and thanks for the deals of the past, and look forward to future deals.
Rick and Linda

Garrddogg
12-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Good luck Jay
dont think youll have very much trouble..
Oh yeah and thanks again for towin my boat home for me!!

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 09:47 AM
Jay,
MANY MANY MANY places are being sold... Autonation just sold El Monte power back to Scott Gunderson for close to 1/3 of what they paid for it Power in Corona (I understand, But don't know for sure) is for sale, Power in Long Beach just sold Yesterday, Mossy in San Diego CLOSED a few months back.... Things are tough on some dealers and think that has to do with the type of people they hire. I did work for Power in Corona for 3 months in 2004 (call this one a mulligan) the pay is way less and in a management position (at leaset at Autonation) NOTHING gets done without a call to Florida.... When Autonation was buying I think everyone who sold was happy at first. I have thought about Massey in Downey but not acted yet... Do you know something that might help me???? I would be interested to hear... Jay 714 552 0300

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 09:49 AM
WOW I was fully expecting to read this and find out you we're quiting and going to race the POKER RUN circiut full time and I was going to start begging to be on your support crew along with Dave Evans :D
Good luck Jay although as most have said I don't think you'll need it. Make sure you let us know where you land.....it won't be long before we need a Suburban....
Merry Christmas,
Chris Mock
That would be nice... As soon as this job thing works out I might be looking to go to Florida for the boat show and poker run (if I can find a way to get the boat down there and I can fly) So I will keep you posted... Jay

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 10:16 AM
I think he knows the industry quite well and will be somewhere else fast. He didn't get fired or layed off. It says he quit so he could find somewhere that he could become a General Manager. This guy is good but he changes dealerships like some change their underwear. When he lands somewhere it will be the 4th dealership I think since I've been on ***boat.
Very true.... I did leave so that other Dealers will know that I am serious and I won't just sell cars.... I did work at a store for 7 years. I started there and they were selling 40- 60 new cars per month. Got my pay plan based on that and it never changed.... So when the sales started topping 200+ per month the GM (owners son, protected my pay plan) got sick and within 2 weeks of the owner finding out what I made as G.S.M. and it was close to what his son G.M. was making Things started changing.... Here I was acting G.M. for 2 weeks and he is not happy with a $1,200 ad (on a $125,000 budget) this is the one thing that put me over the edge. Not knowing when the real G.M. (owners son) is getting back (ended up being several months later). I decide to let him do it his way and quit.
Then on to Power Corona (this was a mistake) The person that had hired me at my pervious job was now the GM and I thought I owed it to her to work for her and build a team..... after 1 month I knew Autonation was not for me Gave notice and it took 2 months to find a fit with Selman...
2 years now with Selman and I start taking to them about a MGMT position several months ago. It is not avail so I told myself I won't JUST sell cars next year and am sticking to that...
I know it seams like I have change jobs but if you take Power Corona out of the mix I have had 2 jobs in 9 years.....
Camino Real 7 years
Selman 2 years
Soon to be something else but I am sure that being an investor in a store will either lead to a life long career or enough money to go buy my own store......... Hope by the fact I am changing stores this dosen't mean I am stable (I am) but looking now to better myself.....
B.T.W. my first job I talked about........
They call often (owners son) to see if I will come back to work. In fact they are buying a store right now they want me to be a G.S.M. at. BUT I want an appoligy (sp?) and the owner would rather give me 5% ownership than the Appoligy...
I do take my job seriously, it is in my blood, and something that will always have a bad stigma to it because of dealers and sales people who don't care about future business, I do care more about my name and future busines than about today..... Sorry for the RANT
Thanks for the kind words....

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 10:20 AM
jay while i have never meet you i can tell from the many replies and post here you must be a decent guy:) ...also while i am not one to leave something before i have something else, i feel a person with your skills and track-record will be able to secure something fast:D .....good luck with your future:)
I hope so too..... Thank You

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Jay:
Good luck to you! Maybe you can make your office at Kantina in Newport? At least we would run into you !!! ha ha
Good luck to you Jay! Never heard a bad thing about you! (And that's rare on Hot Boat!! :D
Rob
Thanks and hopefully true.....

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 10:21 AM
BEst of everything to you Jay..........A motivated person like yourself will be successful in whatever you tackle...........
Thank You

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Very bad timing Jay. Next time, try to schedule your off time during the summer.
Best of luck, and thanks for the deals of the past, and look forward to future deals.
Rick and Linda
Looks like the only time next year will be for the Catalina Ski Race...... Thank You for the support

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Good luck Jay
dont think youll have very much trouble..
Oh yeah and thanks again for towin my boat home for me!!
You'd do it for me.... Thanks and your Welcome

voodoomedman
12-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Very true.... I did leave so that other Dealers will know that I am serious and I won't just sell cars.... I did work at a store for 7 years. I started there and they were selling 40- 60 new cars per month. Got my pay plan based on that and it never changed.... So when the sales started topping 200+ per month the GM (owners son, protected my pay plan) got sick and within 2 weeks of the owner finding out what I made as G.S.M. and it was close to what his son G.M. was making Things started changing.... Here I was acting G.M. for 2 weeks and he is not happy with a $1,200 ad (on a $125,000 budget) this is the one thing that put me over the edge. Not knowing when the real G.M. (owners son) is getting back (ended up being several months later). I decide to let him do it his way and quit.
Then on to Power Corona (this was a mistake) The person that had hired me at my pervious job was now the GM and I thought I owed it to her to work for her and build a team..... after 1 month I knew Autonation was not for me Gave notice and it took 2 months to find a fit with Selman...
2 years now with Selman and I start taking to them about a MGMT position several months ago. It is not avail so I told myself I won't JUST sell cars next year and am sticking to that...
I know it seams like I have change jobs but if you take Power Corona out of the mix I have had 2 jobs in 9 years.....
Camino Real 7 years
Selman 2 years
Soon to be something else but I am sure that being an investor in a store will either lead to a life long career or enough money to go buy my own store......... Hope by the fact I am changing stores this dosen't mean I am stable (I am) but looking now to better myself.....
B.T.W. my first job I talked about........
They call often (owners son) to see if I will come back to work. In fact they are buying a store right now they want me to be a G.S.M. at. BUT I want an appoligy (sp?) and the owner would rather give me 5% ownership than the Appoligy...
I do take my job seriously, it is in my blood, and something that will always have a bad stigma to it because of dealers and sales people who don't care about future business, I do care more about my name and future busines than about today..... Sorry for the RANT
Thanks for the kind words....
Nice. Now how about M.K. Smith.
I know I know I'm just dreaming.

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 10:27 AM
M.K. Smith..... Does a dina work there???? Do you work there????

voodoomedman
12-20-2006, 10:31 AM
M.K. Smith..... Does a dina work there???? Do you work there????
No I don't work there. I work for UPS. A Dina works there. Used to be Jim Davis's assistant I guess. Then she went to work for Tom Bell. Jim was our Chevy guy for years as my Father in law started buying from him many moons ago. When we bought our truck Jim had to send us to Dina at Tom Bell as no one in their right mind is going to dealer trade a Wheatland Yellow Silverado. Jim has retired finally and now I get crap in the mail from Dina saying that she has moved blah blah blah. Little does she know that I know that Photoglou can get better deals and service. M.K. Smith is in my city though.

LHC30Victory
12-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Jay, for what it's worth, my opinion of car salesmen and lawyers has always been sceptical at best. You have changed at least the first part of that because you are not a salesman, you are a customer advocate! Thank you for your help with our truck and make sure we know where you land so we can bother you for our DIESEL SUBURBAN!!!!
Merry Christmas and best wishes for your future.

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 10:35 AM
No I don't work there. I work for UPS. A Dina works there. Used to be Jim Davis's assistant I guess. Then she went to work for Tom Bell. Jim was our Chevy guy for years as my Father in law started buying from him many moons ago. When we bought our truck Jim had to send us to Dina at Tom Bell as no one in their right mind is going to dealer trade a Wheatland Yellow Silverado. Jim has retired finally and now I get crap in the mail from Dina saying that she has moved blah blah blah. Little does she know that I know that Photoglou can get better deals and service. M.K. Smith is in my city though.
I have known dina for years....

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Jay, for what it's worth, my opinion of car salesmen and lawyers has always been sceptical at best. You have changed at least the first part of that because you are not a salesman, you are a customer advocate! Thank you for your help with our truck and make sure we know where you land so we can bother you for our DIESEL SUBURBAN!!!!
Merry Christmas and best wishes for your future.
Thank You... working on the Diesel Sub

Jyruiz
12-20-2006, 10:44 AM
MANY MANY MANY places are being sold... Autonation just sold El Monte power back to Scott Gunderson for close to 1/3 of what they paid for it Power in Corona (I understand, But don't know for sure) is for sale, Power in Long Beach just sold Yesterday, Mossy in San Diego CLOSED a few months back.... Things are tough on some dealers and think that has to do with the type of people they hire. I did work for Power in Corona for 3 months in 2004 (call this one a mulligan) the pay is way less and in a management position (at leaset at Autonation) NOTHING gets done without a call to Florida.... When Autonation was buying I think everyone who sold was happy at first. I have thought about Massey in Downey but not acted yet... Do you know something that might help me???? I would be interested to hear... Jay 714 552 0300
Do it Jay, I llive around the corner from that dealer.:)

Havasu1986
12-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Jay
Stay with the GM family, my dad worked at South Gate GM for 35 years and I get the family discount. :)

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Jay
Stay with the GM family, my dad worked at South Gate GM for 35 years and I get the family discount. :)
I will be with th GM family..... Looking at Chev as a first priorty....

voodoomedman
12-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Are there any stores that sell both Chevy and Cadi???????

Froggystyle
12-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Just because you don't want to be stuck driving a Solstice instead of your 'Vette and an Aztek instead of the 'burb.. ;)
C'mon GMC!!!! :D

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Not for sale...... I would love that though....

PHOTOGLOU
12-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Just because you don't want to be stuck driving a Solstice instead of your 'Vette and an Aztek instead of the 'burb.. ;)
C'mon GMC!!!! :D
That is a possibility

Phat Matt
12-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Just get a job in the IE so you can buy ads from me. :D

OGShocker
12-20-2006, 05:41 PM
There is a place that NEEDS to be bought out!:idea:

LHC30Victory
12-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Hey Jay, I almost forgot (again) I need some H2 non-auto inflate take off rims for my Dmax......Any out there for cheep???( 25-35$ ea)......

River918
12-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Haven't been on HB for about a week and I come back to this!!!!. WOW!! Selman lost a great representative for their business.
Jay,
Through all the issues the wife and I have been having over the last few months with her vehicle, it was refreshing having you available to assist me with our problems. You were the ONLY person that would return calls and/or messages that I left for the dealership and that was greatly appreciated. Good luck and let us know where you land.
Brian

welk2party
12-21-2006, 03:43 PM
I am truly happy for you Jay. While I have attempted to buy a vehicle from you...could not make it happen on my end...you were tue epitomy of servie and professionalism. No matter what industry you work in, I believe you would be one of the best.
Keeping in mind that I know little about the car industry, but my initial thought would be for you to broker the deals yourself for all makes and models. Is that a viable option? I am sure you have considered all available avenues, but wanted to throw my two cents in the mix.
Anyway, good luck and have a great new year!

SHOTKALLIN
12-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Keep us posted Jay. You are the man!

River918
12-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Massey Chevrolet in Downey California is also Massey Cadillac......Two different dealers with the same owners, same property, ran by the same people...
http://www.masseycadillacdowney.com/Default.aspx
http://www.donmasseychevrolet.com/

voodoomedman
12-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Massey Chevrolet in Downey California is also Massey Cadillac......Same owners, same property, ran by the same people...
Dude. Theres the ticket. As long as he would be able to deal both.

IN2-IN2MX
12-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Great! Call us. We'll drive down. :D

Redwing247
12-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Hey Jay, I almost forgot (again) I need some H2 non-auto inflate take off rims for my Dmax......Any out there for cheep???( 25-35$ ea)......
Ted, let me know if you find some. I want 'em too.
And Jay, I bought the LBZ from you.. :D

BoatPI
12-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Good luck Jay. i was involved in the car business for years, and I know the games they play when you end up too successful. BTW Poer Ford in Huntington beach just sold too, now Huntington Beach Ford. A lot happening.

al cole'holic
12-21-2006, 08:20 PM
...wow, sounds like you outta pick up one of them dealerships for sale at 1/3 the price...there's enough 'blue genie' mascots for you around here. Man wouldn't that be an insane dealership....:D

INSman
12-21-2006, 08:59 PM
I have a buddy at Sonic, you want to me see if they are planning on unloading any stores in the near future ?!?

PHOTOGLOU
12-23-2006, 01:47 AM
I have a buddy at Sonic, you want to me see if they are planning on unloading any stores in the near future ?!?
Massey is owned by Sonic...........

INSman
12-23-2006, 05:35 AM
Massey is owned by Sonic...........
That is what I remember him saying, I put a call into him anyway as I have heard of them off loading stores for way less than they paid for them. :D

dicudmore
12-23-2006, 08:30 AM
unfortunately that is a very normal part of that industry--in sales and service.
In 12 years I worked at 8 dealers in 2 states--every position from washing cars to management.

INSman
12-23-2006, 08:34 AM
unfortunately that is a very normal part of that industry--in sales and service.
In 12 years I worked at 8 dealers in 2 states--every position from washing cars to management.
Hey WTF, you never washed my truck when I brought it in to you !!??!! :mad:

dicudmore
12-23-2006, 08:35 AM
Rally in Palmdale

dicudmore
12-23-2006, 08:38 AM
Hey WTF, you never washed my truck when I brought it in to you !!??!! :mad:
ok 2 things--you brought it to me dripping wet from the detailer on more than one occasion...didn't want to mess up a good thing....
two, I think I washed it myself at least once when my car washer type person was hiding--felt a little funny out back washing a big ole lifted crew-cab in my shirt and tie but it had to be done :D

charlyox
12-23-2006, 08:50 AM
Good luck Jay. It's been real.

charlyox
12-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Good luck Jay. I know you will be fine with the next chapter in your life. Keep us up to date.

INSman
12-23-2006, 12:43 PM
ok 2 things--you brought it to me dripping wet from the detailer on more than one occasion...didn't want to mess up a good thing....
two, I think I washed it myself at least once when my car washer type person was hiding--felt a little funny out back washing a big ole lifted crew-cab in my shirt and tie but it had to be done :D
You KNOW that I am just giving you a hard time, Merry X-Mas buddy !! :cool:

PHOTOGLOU
12-23-2006, 12:44 PM
Looks like I might be close to a deal... I will keep you updated...... This is now gettng fun... Sorry to keep this a secret but for now it is best so I don't jinx this....

Phat Matt
12-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Looks like I might be close to a deal... I will keep you updated...... This is now gettng fun... Sorry to keep this a secret but for now it is best so I don't jinx this....
Good Luck GM Jay. :)

CornWater
12-23-2006, 01:08 PM
I don't think you'll jinx it Jay, pretty sure you'll make it happen....

No Name
12-23-2006, 01:18 PM
I quit my job today
I quit mine back in January of 03 and haven’t got a new one since….:D
Goodluck.

dicudmore
12-23-2006, 01:27 PM
You KNOW that I am just giving you a hard time, Merry X-Mas buddy !! :cool:
yup you too sir, and happy holidays to Robin and the other red-heads too :D

dicudmore
12-23-2006, 01:27 PM
new year, new store--I like it :D

INSman
12-23-2006, 03:47 PM
new year, new store--I like it :D
I am sort of in the same boat.. Changed companies last week after 10 years of loyalty. Now my clients will get the benefit of doing business with me and a Fortune 150 company, COUNTRYWIDE :D

INSman
12-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Don't forget to let me take care of those pain in the ass insurance headaches for you and your new dealership, I am the man !! ;)
Call Universal Underwriters for the Garage Package, until my Travelers program is up and running in 2007, but for Work Comp and Group Health Benefits, I have all the right carriers, plans and services.

4day!!
12-23-2006, 06:16 PM
danm, i was gonna have find me another rig...
Damn dude, what are they paying you on C shift. Is there a bonus i'm not aware of?:D :confused:

slingingsmoke
12-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Hope to hear you moved to GMC....Momma wants a Denali!!!
In all seriousness, I hope that what you are looking for happens soon. Have a safe and Merry Chrismas. God Bless.

PHOTOGLOU
12-26-2006, 09:23 AM
Sitting in Playa Del Carmen Mexico working this out but it looks like I will be coming back to a Chevrolet dealership in Orange County as General sales manager and investor-owner... Minority owner but still what I wanted..... Happy Holidays to everyone and Again Thanks for all of the support
Jay

Jyruiz
12-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Sitting in Playa Del Carmen Mexico working this out but it looks like I will be coming back to a Chevrolet dealership in Orange County as General sales manager and investor-owner... Minority owner but still what I wanted..... Happy Holidays to everyone and Again Thanks for all of the support
Jay
Congrats Jay and happy holidays to you too.

GETSOME
12-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Jay
Must be nice! Congrats on the new job!

Ultracrazy
12-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Jay
Seee.......... I never told any one Jay :D

INSman
12-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Jay
Great news !!!!
Don't forget to have me help you guys with the insurance program and save you guys some $$$ right out of the chute and make that investment start paying off for you and your new partners. :D

purrfecttremor
12-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Conrates Jay. That sure didnt take long !

PHOTOGLOU
12-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Not done yet..... But this could be huge..... Putting money together through e mails right now just in case my offer is accepted..... Pretty stressful sitting in Mexico trying to explain things and waiting for e mails and not yet knowing if the offer will be accepted.... I´m pretty sure it will be and could have the answer as soon as tonight.....
***boat contact me regarding advertising PLEASE...... 714 552 0300
P.S. I won´t be able to call you back till Jan 2nd.......

XtrmWakeborder
12-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Not done yet..... But this could be huge..... Putting money together through e mails right now just in case my offer is accepted..... Pretty stressful sitting in Mexico trying to explain things and waiting for e mails and not yet knowing if the offer will be accepted.... I´m pretty sure it will be and could have the answer as soon as tonight.....
Does this mean cheaper prices!?

NOTALENT
12-27-2006, 06:31 AM
Congrats Jay...Sounds like your just anxious....:D Definatley good news for you. Hope it all works out.:)

Froggystyle
12-27-2006, 08:59 AM
I'm sitting here with my fingers crossed waiting to hear what brand my next car is going to be!

LaveyOne
12-27-2006, 11:12 AM
Sounds rough ... In Mexico, sippin' Margs and slammin' Patron! :( :D
Good luck on your deal and I look forward to getting my new truck from "YOUR" new dealership !!! :cool: :D

PHOTOGLOU
12-28-2006, 08:47 AM
Anaheim Chevrolet............................... Get back from Mex on Jan 1st and start on Jan 2nd..... I am really excited.... See you guys soon

NOTALENT
12-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Anaheim Chevrolet............................... Get back from Mex on Jan 1st and start on Jan 2nd..... I am really excited.... See you guys soon
So its all said and done...offer accepted??? Congrats Jay. Hope it all works out for you.

Froggystyle
12-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Awesome! Congrats Jay. I will be ordering a 3500 Passenger Van from you here shortly if I can move my truck. Need the diesel though. I went on the site trying to figure out the trim packages and everything for you but can't figure out how to spec a diesel, so I will leave that to you...
I will call you when you get settled in.

voodoomedman
12-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Congratulations!!!

PHOTOGLOU
12-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks will be starting Jan 2nd.... This store is a perfect fit for me and I am looking forward to the challenge..... Once again I will be posting deals after the first of the year..... Again thanks for the sùpport.... Jay

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Thanks will be starting Jan 2nd.... This store is a perfect fit for me and I am looking forward to the challenge..... Once again I will be posting deals after the first of the year..... Again thanks for the sùpport.... Jay
Congrats from Key west:D

River918
12-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Let me know where you land Jay...I'll never spend another dime at the old place....(I'm still gettin' the runaround there)

PHOTOGLOU
12-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Let me know where you land Jay...I'll never spend another dime at the old place....(I'm still gettin' the runaround there)
Sorry to hear that...... I hope you know I tried everything I could..... Everything will work out just be patient and let me know if I can be of more help....

Havasu1986
12-28-2006, 08:01 PM
I read he's going to Anaheim Chevy..To bad it's not Classic Chevy in Anaheim Hills..closer for me.

River918
12-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Sorry to hear that...... I hope you know I tried everything I could..... Everything will work out just be patient and let me know if I can be of more help....
I know you did Jay........I appreciate all the help

caroftheweek
12-28-2006, 08:24 PM
hopefully you can turn that store around. that place has had a rough few years. get there inventory going. Andy @ connell metioned that was were you ended up. i have seen you work miracles, so make it happen. good luck Jay.
Ryan

Newcastle
12-29-2006, 12:52 AM
Anaheim huh...You're just trying to make it easier for us to shop with you. Nice.

Parker Dreamin
12-29-2006, 07:41 AM
great to hear Jay.... from what I have seen you will do great.
Have a good New Year.

PHOTOGLOU
12-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Anaheim huh...You're just trying to make it easier for us to shop with you. Nice.
No just in case I'm late for work I KNOW I WON'T BE.........

PHOTOGLOU
12-29-2006, 12:52 PM
hopefully you can turn that store around. that place has had a rough few years. get there inventory going. Andy @ connell metioned that was were you ended up. i have seen you work miracles, so make it happen. good luck Jay.
Ryan
Andy is a GREAT GUY I would be lucky to end up working with a guy like him..... Thanks for the well wishes.... They will now be doing dealertrades too. That was a huge portion of the reason sales were slow......

IN2-IN2MX
12-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Congrats Jay. You're that much closer to taking over the world. :D
Love ya and Happy New Year! :) :) :)

PHOTOGLOU
12-29-2006, 12:53 PM
great to hear Jay.... from what I have seen you will do great.
Have a good New Year.
Thank you for the well wishes..... Have a Happy new year too.....

PHOTOGLOU
12-29-2006, 12:55 PM
Congrats Jay. You're that much closer to taking over the world. :D
Love ya and Happy New Year! :) :) :)
Just looking to leave a mark on both sides of the fence...... Helping customers get better service at a lower price AND sell more vehicles than the average new car dealer to end up with a profit..... Happy new year guys....

PHOTOGLOU
12-29-2006, 01:00 PM
I read he's going to Anaheim Chevy..To bad it's not Classic Chevy in Anaheim Hills..closer for me.
Well for 1 1/2 years Classic Chevrolet has been owened by the Selman crew and called Weir canyon Chevrolet.... I had thought that was where I would end up back in late July but it didn't..... We're not that much further at Euclid and Lincoln and if it is worth it look for a special of a free oil change in any Chevrolet vehicle just after Jan 2nd just for stopping by and saying hi..... We will be trying to do this on appointment bases to have everyone in and out in a half hour

PHOTOGLOU
12-29-2006, 01:01 PM
I know you did Jay........I appreciate all the help
Looking forward to talking to you Jan 2nd to hopefully help you expedited the process from here.....

PHOTOGLOU
12-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Awesome! Congrats Jay. I will be ordering a 3500 Passenger Van from you here shortly if I can move my truck. Need the diesel though. I went on the site trying to figure out the trim packages and everything for you but can't figure out how to spec a diesel, so I will leave that to you...
I will call you when you get settled in.
We will talk Jan 2nd... Thanks for the support

PHOTOGLOU
12-29-2006, 01:04 PM
So its all said and done...offer accepted??? Congrats Jay. Hope it all works out for you.
Said and done but not signed as I'm out of the country....... This could not be any better of a situation for me...... Thanks

OnlyMoney
12-29-2006, 01:08 PM
Congrats Jay! Maybe you should go on vacation more often...seems things always come together then. :D
Have fun and I left you a message, we've still got your shipment.
Shelby, aka. official ***boat patron distributor ;)

PHOTOGLOU
12-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Congrats Jay! Maybe you should go on vacation more often...seems things always come together then. :D
Have fun and I left you a message, we've still got your shipment.
Shelby, aka. official ***boat patron distributor ;)
Did you know in Mexico they do not sell Patron because of some thing to do with Las Vegas and thats were Patron is located.......

HatenWinter
12-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Congrats Jay on the new endeavor! I have a couple of questions for you and was wondering if you could help out. Sent you a PM. Best of luck to ya!

PHOTOGLOU
12-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Congrats Jay on the new endeavor! I have a couple of questions for you and was wondering if you could help out. Sent you a PM. Best of luck to ya!
Didn´t get the PM please send it again........ Thanks evryone for the support dealership is already getting phone calls from people looking to get vehicles by the end of the year for tax write off purposes and it is great...... Thanks again Jay

OnlyMoney
12-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Did you know in Mexico they do not sell Patron because of some thing to do with Las Vegas and thats were Patron is located.......
I'm sensing a need for a quick delivery to Cali soon. :D

PHOTOGLOU
01-02-2007, 04:24 PM
714 991 3100 is the new number at work........

InKahntrol
01-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Hi Jay,
Congrats on the new gig. Sent you a PM about a week ago about picking up a new Tahoe. Lemme know what you think, or i can give you a call.
Thanks,
Dan