PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about this boat.

beaverretriever
12-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Yet another thread about my crazy Boattrader searches.
I always seem to come across this stuff.
I think this boat was in the Spam section on here. I cant seem to find anything info about this boat on the internet.
Warrior with Paul Pfaff engine for only 44k.
BTW, Im always looking because I may get rid of our V for a cat.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/9/3/86316793.htm

dicudmore
12-19-2006, 04:55 PM
Yet another thread about my crazy Boattrader searches.
I always seem to come across this stuff.
I think this boat was in the Spam section on here. I cant seem to find anything info about this boat on the internet.
Warrior with Paul Pfaff engine for only 44k.
BTW, Im always looking because I may get rid of our V for a cat.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/9/3/86316793.htm
I think Skullinator's 25' Talon in the SPAM section would be a better choice for you guys...
the styling on the Warrior is definitely "unique" to say the least

beaverretriever
12-19-2006, 05:53 PM
I think Skullinator's 25' Talon in the SPAM section would be a better choice for you guys...
I will have to check it out.
I really cant tell what the Warrior looks like from the pic.
I like the HTM SS-24 a lot as well. I would like to go 75-80.

shippingguy
12-19-2006, 06:03 PM
I would have to agree. I have seen that Warrior out there on the water for the last few years now. Very different styling and not much freeboard if I recall.

Jordy
12-19-2006, 06:12 PM
I'm thinking that a 23' cat with 850HP is going to be VERY hard to insure. Just something to check out before you commit to something that will cost you more than you paid for it in insurance in a few years time. ;)

Bling Bling
12-19-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm almost positive that this boat is the one I'm describing. A good friend of mine who ran the B&M marine program when it was in exzistense, put this boat together for B&M promotions, Orion stereos, and to get Tom Stolarz off and running on this paticular model. I've spent alot of time in this boat, numerous times with my daughter Madison at a very young age, and have to say for it's size it was a great boat. Large cockpit for a 23, and rode well in the rough. He then sold it to another friend who added HP, and the motor was rebuilt by Savage. Sold again to the owner now, who took care of it great, who also added more HP and alot of other things. From what I hear boat is well dialed in, and you can steal it. but don't tell him I said so.:D
Hope this helps.

CornWater
12-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Isn't that Brad Gilligans old boat? I think he bought the all white 6 drive DCB (open bow:jawdrop: ).. Pretty sure it is, and it was definately a runner...

Bling Bling
12-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Isn't that Brad Gilligans old boat? I think he bought the all white 6 drive DCB (open bow:jawdrop: ).. Pretty sure it is, and it was definately a runner...
That was the guys name. I think it had a engine hatch at one time.

Hardly Satisfied
12-20-2006, 10:32 AM
:idea: :idea:

Tom Slick
12-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Like what was said on here earlier, if your looking for a very good deal on a very good boat, Skullinator's Talon 25 is a steal. The motor is pumped up and fresh and the boat runs mid 90's all day long. It also handles great, especialy in lake chop. Talons were laid up heavy, so they really eat up the rough stuff. FYI, Talon is the original bottom that just about every builder out there has splashed one way or another.

beaverretriever
12-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Like what was said on here earlier, if your looking for a very good deal on a very good boat, Skullinator's Talon 25 is a steal. The motor is pumped up and fresh and the boat runs mid 90's all day long. It also handles great, especialy in lake chop. Talons were laid up heavy, so they really eat up the rough stuff. FYI, Talon is the original bottom that just about every builder out there has splashed one way or another.
I posted in his Spam thread. I like the boat. Not real hot on the gel. My current boat is so sweet looking, its hard to go to an older boat. I just want somthing a little more racey.

Tom Slick
12-21-2006, 04:24 PM
I posted in his Spam thread. I like the boat. Not real hot on the gel. My current boat is so sweet looking, its hard to go to an older boat. I just want somthing a little more racey.
I can't argue with you on the fact that the styling is a bit dated compared to some of the newer stuff that is available today. Just throwing it out there that for a great handling, mid 90's ride, you can't beat the price. BTW, Skully's boat is painted, not gel, so for a few grand you could throw a different paint job on it, perhaps something a little newer in style! Anyway. good luck with the hunt for your new ride!:)

beaverretriever
12-21-2006, 05:08 PM
I can't argue with you on the fact that the styling is a bit dated compared to some of the newer stuff that is available today. Just throwing it out there that for a great handling, mid 90's ride, you can't beat the price. BTW, Skully's boat is painted, not gel, so for a few grand you could throw a different paint job on it, perhaps something a little newer in style! Anyway. good luck with the hunt for your new ride!:)
Wrap and vinyl is cheap and easy to change. I was considering somthing like that. The boat looks nice just not real up to date. Like I said, my gel coat is pretty hard to beat (well at least I think so)..LOL

WETTE VETTE
12-27-2006, 01:39 PM
I don't know anything about the particular boat in the ad, but I do own a 23' WPM. The boat is a great performing hull and is very stable at speed. It runs over lake chop very well and is very solid doing it. As for the looks most people say they look a lot better in person than in pictures. For a small lake rocket I think it is a great choice particularly from the performance / dollar aspect. Good luck with your shopping! Here is a picture of mine.
Craig

blender over
12-27-2006, 02:04 PM
I don't know anything about the particular boat in the ad, but I do own a 23' WPM. The boat is a great performing hull and is very stable at speed. It runs over lake chop very well and is very solid doing it. As for the looks most people say they look a lot better in person than in pictures. For a small lake rocket I think it is a great choice particularly from the performance / dollar aspect. Good luck with your shopping! Here is a picture of mine.
Craig
nice boat!!!

02HoWaRd26
12-29-2006, 02:20 AM
That boat is sitting inside Absolute last time I was in there it is pretty rough. looks like a few parties had been thrown in that boat.

Deano
12-29-2006, 08:53 AM
looks like a few parties had been thrown in that boat.
WHAT?...BRAD?...no way. Im sure someone can get a good deal on it, just make an offer. the damn engine is almost worth the asking price.

dumbandyoung
12-29-2006, 10:20 AM
there a nice htm in boat trader.. pm me ill send it.