PDA

View Full Version : Powder Coating Questions

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-19-2006, 08:29 PM
My local powder coater wats to do the "fusion" coatings. Does anyone know whay they are calling the powders?He told me to find out the name of the powder and he will get it for me. All my current stuff is from eddie marine and it looks bitchin! Anyone know?? I know that its popular in california....
here is a pic of what Im talking about only in blue though...
http://eddiemarine.com/cart/Pictures/FLT-216.JPG

zipper
12-19-2006, 08:35 PM
396 if it's the powder coat that
look's like anodized, I have a buddy that did
his f-25o suspention lift with it I can find the
name and supplier let me know.;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-19-2006, 09:06 PM
396 if it's the powder coat that
look's like anodized, I have a buddy that did
his f-25o suspention lift with it I can find the
name and supplier let me know.;)
Yeah thats it! It looks like the item is polished and then powdercoated. Very nive deal. Please let me know;)

zipper
12-19-2006, 09:12 PM
I'll call him in the morning when I get to
work.The powder coat company is
local I can run by there if need be
Either way I'll find it;)
P.S congrats on the new toy

sanger rat
12-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Its called Candy Blue. I buy it here. https://www.pendrypowdercoatings.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=34&products_id=119&osCsid=96b1d5b51bcc36c0a268a5d9e43ffe50 http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1937WvNMz15Uek41yDs_rU93LiadQGLHwjEV0280.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1937pic0pc0.jpg

flat broke
12-19-2006, 10:22 PM
I don't know for certain (mainly cause I haven't seen any Eddie hardware in a while), but I think they have a couple different blues. The Candy that was posted from Pendry is usually shot over a polish, but it can also be shot over different metallic and reflecta basecoats. Eddie does PC, so if you need to have something matched up to existing products from them, the safest bet is to just ship the part to Eddie and have them duplicate what they do day in day out. If you need a little more insight into the composition of the colors on your existing stuff, try looking at your bezels and other goodies on the back side. Sometimes you can see evidence of the multiple stage coatings and get an idea of the different colors used to create the finished product.
I seem to remember a post a while ago (a year or so maybe) on a VERY similar situation where I guy had some Dana stuff (maybe even blue) and was trying to match their forumulation with a local PC shop. You might do a search for that thread to see if there was any other input on that topic.
Good luck and congrats on the new hull.
Chris

blue wonder
12-19-2006, 10:55 PM
most of eddies, and rex's, and dana's stuff is candy colors shot over polished aluminum...is you use a near chrome or super chrome base under the candy top coat like we do at our shop it turns out a little darker but it makes it look like it has more depth...personally i like that look over the other companies "candy colors"...i see your from mesa, az if you need a powder coater we are located in yuma, az and we do an awsome job.

460 jus getn it
12-20-2006, 07:18 AM
Hey, isnt that my bezel in the first pic. You know where i bought mine at and you also know who does that.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-20-2006, 12:18 PM
I'll call him in the morning when I get to
work.The powder coat company is
local I can run by there if need be
Either way I'll find it;)
P.S congrats on the new toy
Thanks for the help;)
I don't know for certain (mainly cause I haven't seen any Eddie hardware in a while), but I think they have a couple different blues. The Candy that was posted from Pendry is usually shot over a polish, but it can also be shot over different metallic and reflecta basecoats. Eddie does PC, so if you need to have something matched up to existing products from them, the safest bet is to just ship the part to Eddie and have them duplicate what they do day in day out. If you need a little more insight into the composition of the colors on your existing stuff, try looking at your bezels and other goodies on the back side. Sometimes you can see evidence of the multiple stage coatings and get an idea of the different colors used to create the finished product.
I seem to remember a post a while ago (a year or so maybe) on a VERY similar situation where I guy had some Dana stuff (maybe even blue) and was trying to match their forumulation with a local PC shop. You might do a search for that thread to see if there was any other input on that topic.
Good luck and congrats on the new hull.
Chris
thanks chris. Im going to miss that polished intake:cry:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-20-2006, 12:19 PM
most of eddies, and rex's, and dana's stuff is candy colors shot over polished aluminum...is you use a near chrome or super chrome base under the candy top coat like we do at our shop it turns out a little darker but it makes it look like it has more depth...personally i like that look over the other companies "candy colors"...i see your from mesa, az if you need a powder coater we are located in yuma, az and we do an awsome job.
Shoot me a number and Ill call ya.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Its called Candy Blue. I buy it here. https://www.pendrypowdercoatings.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=34&products_id=119&osCsid=96b1d5b51bcc36c0a268a5d9e43ffe50 ]
That is exactly what I have;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Hey, isnt that my bezel in the first pic. You know where i bought mine at and you also know who does that.
No schit dummy! We got them there together.....
Tim @ mesa powdercoating did bubba's exhaust and he is dirt cheap! We machine all his rotors...

zipper
12-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Sorry it took so long to get back to ya
but here's what I got.The company is
called MAAS BROTHERS and here in
livermore ca.(925-294-8200)They do some sick ass work
not to sure about a web site though:confused:
He say's he has the color If you need I can get
see if he has samples and send them down.Let me know
925-454-0532.;)