PDA

View Full Version : Airline nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!

topless
12-20-2006, 10:58 AM
My kids left John Wayne Airport at 6:45 this morning. They arrived in Denver to change planes a little over an hour ago to find out all flights are cancelled. Now I have 2 minor children stuck in a crowded airport for God knows how long. My daughter has been in line to reach the service center for over an hour and can't even see the front of the line. She told me the next flight out would be Christmas Eve. What do I do now? I'm worried as hell.

ratso
12-20-2006, 11:00 AM
That sucks... Where were they headed? Dallas?

Zaairman
12-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Ouch... CO is getting about 36" of snow too... I'm supposed to be flying from John Wayne to Denver to STL on Sunday...

ratso
12-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Oh yeah... be sure the airline handles this also, should this be the case. They need to put them up in a penthouse suite and cover all expenses too...

donzi5150
12-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Start driving...........:idea:

CampbellCarl
12-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Gotta get in touch with family, friends, HB'rs, someone who will go to airport and be with them.
CCarl

ratso
Start driving...........:idea:
...not funny dude... these are children.

topless
That sucks... Where were they headed? Dallas?
Yes Dallas. All their luggage will be there but I don't know where they will be. Good thing my daughter has her cell phone with her.

ratso
Gotta get in touch with family, friends, HB'rs, someone who will go to airport and be with them.
CCarl
That was my next thought.

topless
12-20-2006, 11:04 AM
CCarl
Boozer lives there. I just don't know how to get in touch with him right now.

Zaairman
12-20-2006, 11:04 AM
...not funny dude... these are children.
And if I were to have kids who were about to be stranded at an airport for a few days, I'd be driving too. What other choices does she have?

Mr. C
12-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Are they both underage? if so aren't they always supposed to be with a flight attendant. Not that helps with your worries.
Hopefully xmas eve was a mistake or misunderstanding.
Hang in there

ratso
12-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Boozer lives there. I just don't know how to get in touch with him right now.
PM or email... He was posting the other day wasn't he?

ratso
12-20-2006, 11:06 AM
And if I were to have kids who were about to be stranded at an airport for a few days, I'd be driving too. What other choices does she have?
Drive? Into what? So she can become a statistic?

voodoomedman
12-20-2006, 11:07 AM
What airline are they on and how were the tickets booked?

topless
12-20-2006, 11:10 AM
PM or email... He was posting the other day wasn't he?
I just called him on the last number I had for him. Yes both are minors but are of the age where they don't need to be with a flight attendant. Their dad is 12 hours away in Dallas. i haven't talked to him yet.

NOTALENT
12-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Wow...what a predicament...how old are they?? Tell your daughter to keep her phone charged. Plug it in some where if she can. Anyway of getting ahold of security there and having them watch out for them????

ratso
12-20-2006, 11:11 AM
http://www.wunderground.com/US/CO/Denver.html

topless
12-20-2006, 11:13 AM
What airline are they on and how were the tickets booked?Frontier Airlines. Their dad booked the flight so I'm not sure what or how he did it. I spoke with someone in OC from frontier and told me to have the kids wait in the gazillion mile long line at the service desk. The girl in front of my daughter has been waiting 2 days for her flight.

CampbellCarl
12-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Just thought of an older couple (60's) that I worked with a couple of years ago, if you want, I'll try to get in touch with Jack and Mary and see if they can help some how. They live somewhere in the Denver area.
Carl

Froggystyle
12-20-2006, 11:15 AM
I just called all of my airline friends and none of them are stuck in Denver... :(

topless
12-20-2006, 11:18 AM
I just called all of my airline friends and none of them are stuck in Denver... :(Maybe it's just the shitty airlines they are on.

NoCal NoBoat
12-20-2006, 11:18 AM
topless -
My daughter commutes from Oakland or SFO to/from Des Moines for school.
We used United exclusively the first year, but started looking at other carriers
after a couple of customer service disappointments. She came home for Christmas on US Air through the Phoenix hub because of weather concerns at
Denver and Chicago.
Based on experience, if she were stuck in Denver (and she's 20 y/o now), I'd start asking friends/family/HB'ers in the Denver area for help.
JMO, based on personal experience with United Airlines Customer Service - Bombay, India office. Not a "can do" corporate mindset. Your mileage may vary...
Good thoughts for a prompt, safe, outcome...

Mr. C
12-20-2006, 11:19 AM
I don't know if Denver has one, but when my kids flew and had a layover(chicago i think) there was a room for all the kids who were flying alone. My kids gave them all the info for flights and they were told when there flight was and were to go. Might be worth at least asking about.

topless
12-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Just thought of an older couple (60's) that I worked with a couple of years ago, if you want, I'll try to get in touch with Jack and Mary and see if they can help some how. They live somewhere in the Denver area.
CarlThat might be a good idea. Thanks.:)

ViB
12-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Hi,
Were in Denver, unfortunately I don't know what I can do to help...the nieghborhood is snowbound and were looking at another 1-3 feet still over the next 24hrs. I'm open to suggestions though...
Stu

don johnson
12-20-2006, 11:24 AM
I was suppposed to travel to Atlanta today thru Denver.... If you have not already, start calling some hotels in that area to book a room tonight. Get your children to a hotel and safe. They will not be going anywhere today/ tonight almost gauranteed. Then you can get on the phone with the airlines and make plans...
There are shuttles to all local hotels but they will book up fast, if not already. Since the delays are due to weather the airlines will not offer hotel accomodations. There are a few hotels in the area that are full service and have room service meals available. Make sure you ask as room service may not be available in many of those hotels...

voodoomedman
12-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Frontier Airlines. Their dad booked the flight so I'm not sure what or how he did it. I spoke with someone in OC from frontier and told me to have the kids wait in the gazillion mile long line at the service desk. The girl in front of my daughter has been waiting 2 days for her flight.
Eeeek. I was hoping it was American. Their customer service is excellent and their call center are still in the U.S. and the people that answer the phones care.
Check out this link http://www.frontierairlines.com/frontier/plan-book/travel-info-services/family-pets/unaccompanied-minors.do
Information on minors on Frontier. Maybe you can call somebody and get a better resolution even if you have to pay extra. Other option is to have the kids start crying their way up to the front of the line.

ratso
12-20-2006, 11:28 AM
I was suppposed to travel to Atlanta today thru Denver.... If you have not already, start calling some hotels in that area to book a room tonight. Get your children to a hotel and safe. They will not be going anywhere today/ tonight almost gauranteed. Then you can get on the phone with the airlines and make plans...
There are shuttles to all local hotels but they will book up fast, if not already. Since the delays are due to weather the airlines will not offer hotel accomodations. There are a few hotels in the area that are full service and have room service meals available. Make sure you ask as room service may not be available in many of those hotels...
Wouldn't the airline have known about the weather before flying out to Denver? :idea:

NOTALENT
12-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Wouldn't the airline have known about the weather before flying out to Denver? :idea:
How often is the weather man right????:idea:

don johnson
12-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Does not matter. The airlines feel that we as travelers should be on top of weather and potential delays caused by weather.
I travel all the time for business and I can gaurantee you that they will not be offering hotel or food as the delays are due to weather.

JB in so cal
12-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Topless,
call a local tv news channel in CO and see if they are interested in the story. Put pressure on Frontier to do the right thing.

ratso
12-20-2006, 11:33 AM
How often is the weather man right????:idea:
This is Denver... lol...:D

topless
12-20-2006, 11:33 AM
Topless,
call a local tv news channel in CO and see if they are interested in the story. Put pressure on Frontier to do the right thing.
I thought about that too.

Dave4XTC
12-20-2006, 11:39 AM
How old are the children?

4DAY4PLAY
12-20-2006, 11:39 AM
And tell the news what???? that she put two minors on a plane and thier stranded???? sounds like a parenting problem more than an airline problem. Thats the chance you take when you fly during winter unfortunantly. Maybe the dad should get off his ass and go pick them up...and i know she cant get ahold of him, sounds like another parenting problem.

Froggystyle
12-20-2006, 11:42 AM
The advice to arrange a hotel right now is the best so far...
Cheap insurance to make sure they are warm and fed. Call the concierge and pay for a bunch of movies for the night, stay on the phone with them if they need and arrange for transportation tomorrow.

ratso
And tell the news what???? that she put two minors on a plane and thier stranded???? sounds like a parenting problem more than an airline problem. Thats the chance you take when you fly during winter unfortunantly. Maybe the dad should get off his ass and go pick them up...and i know she cant get ahold of him, sounds like another parenting problem.
Fukk You... like they are the only two stranded. Blame the airline for landing there knowing that there was already problems.

CampbellCarl
Topless
Just talked to Jack who said he's been waiting on the Interstate for an hour trying to get to his exit....thinking he might have to walk the last mile. He's got a good heart (he was thinking how to get the 30 miles to the airport) but just can't get anywhere. His only suggestion was hotel like's already been said. Other thought was church? Maybe if you have a church affiliation or other hobby/professional associations, maybe try them. Sorry my idea didn't work like I had hoped for.
Carl

ratso
12-20-2006, 11:43 AM
If you don't have anything positive for this thread then stay the fukk out. Geezus...:mad:

don johnson
12-20-2006, 11:43 AM
Topless,
Bottom line is that it is not the airlines responsibility to insure that we as travelers are taken care of unless the delay is caused by mechanical or scheduling related issues. They are providers of transportation, nothing more. They are not forecasters of weather. They do not have crystal balls that insure they can provide safe passage to all travelers and to any destination.

Dave4XTC
12-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Uncalled for at a time like this

topless
12-20-2006, 11:44 AM
And tell the news what???? that she put two minors on a plane and thier stranded???? sounds like a parenting problem more than an airline problem. Thats the chance you take when you fly during winter unfortunantly. Maybe the dad should get off his ass and go pick them up...and i know she cant get ahold of him, sounds like another parenting problem.Sounds to me like you're a total dick. You go tell the courts that I'm not sending my kids to their dads for Christmas because I have a parenting problem. This way I can be in contempt of court. Go to hell jackass. I'm trying to figure out what to do right now and don't need your assinine comments. Thanks anyway.

Her454
12-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Alison, I would suggest the hotel deal as well and I cant even imagine my kid stuck in the airport so far away! Best of luck...
BTW, can you keep them home next year so I can post what a bad parent you are because you are posting from a jail cell for contempt of court? ;)

Mr. C
12-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Topless,
Don't even waist your energy on the negative, you got enough going on with what is happening. Some people are just assholes.

topless
Denver weather
http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_story_354065732.html

don johnson
Topless,
I am a big time traveler on United (Denver is a hub for United) and I just called them. The outlook is not good in Denver for the next 12 hours. I really feel that your best move is to try to get a hotel reserved ASAP, before they book up....
Best of luck to you. Let me know if I can help!

BowTie Rick
12-20-2006, 11:50 AM
Dude, where is your heart? Not all people travel frequently enough to check weather at and on the way to destinations and make attempts to get an alternative route in place. It is pretty much a given that you have to assume the plane will get to where it is going. She is in a bind with few options and is rightfully a bit panicked. Bad parenting? No way. I would even say it is GOOD parenting that she is selflessly sending them to see their father during a very special time of the year.

RitcheyRch
12-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Good try Carl. Hopefully she can get through to the airlines and they can get her children to a nice safe location where they can sleep and eat. Thankfully they have a cell phone and hopefully are not in the panic state. Good luck Topless.
Topless,
Topless
Just talked to Jack who said he's been waiting on the Interstate for an hour trying to get to his exit....thinking he might have to walk the last mile. He's got a good heart (he was thinking how to get the 30 miles to the airport) but just can't get anywhere. His only suggestion was hotel like's already been said. Other thought was church? Maybe if you have a church affiliation or other hobby/professional associations, maybe try them. Sorry my idea didn't work like I had hoped for.
Carl

Cole Trickle
12-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Another great/classy post by 4DAY4PLAY:( :rolleyes: :mad:
Hopefully everything works out for you topless and someone can come through and swoop up the kiddies and take care of them for the night.:) :)
Your daughter is old enough to get stuff handled with your help.

ratso
12-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Bottom line is that it is not the airlines responsibility to insure that we as travelers are taken care of unless the delay is caused by mechanical or scheduling related issues. They are providers of transportation, nothing more. They are not forecasters of weather. They do not have crystal balls that insure they can provide safe passage to all travelers and to any destination.
You don't need a crystal ball to predict the weather an hour ahead of time in Denver... They could have been warned there might be a delay and saved this whole episode... but that's only in a perfect world...:D

later
12-20-2006, 11:57 AM
Imagine that

ratso
12-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Imagine that
You go away too fukkwad. This is about more than your stupid ass boat.

Mr. C
Imagine that
Like i said before, some people are just assholes!

Desert Rat
Is there anyway that a Mod may be able to search the Members list for Denver residents???

don johnson
12-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Unless there is a hotel attached to the new airport in Denver I would not suggest to send the kids to an outside hotel. Stuck in traffic in a blizzard is not fun.
The hotels are not far (3-5 miles) and I am sure that they are plowing the highway between the airport and hotels. There are many hotels at Denver airport and they all have shuttles that will provide transportation that will not run if the conditions are unsafe.

Devilman
12-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Ugh, sorry to hear about your kids gettin in this situation, Topless. Be keepin our fingers crossed for ya.:)

Devilman
12-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Imagine that
You come out of the woodwork just for that? You shoulda stayed gone, fool. Watta dick.... Nobody wants you around, take a hint...

OGShocker
12-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Good luck, Ali!!!:(

73kona455
12-20-2006, 12:04 PM
what a dickhead you are.....
topless i hope everything goes well with your kids....

OGShocker
12-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Imagine that
Wow, and to think we have your home address...:idea:

Biglue
12-20-2006, 12:05 PM
SOunds like booking them a hotel is about the best option right now Alison.
Just a stupid reminder of the obvious that can be easily over looked at times like these but here it goes. Have your daughter keep her cell phone fully charged the chance she gets. If she has a weak battery perhaps even getting ahold of a spare would be a good idea. Wish there was more I could do for you. :(
I'm sure they will be fine, but best of luck anyways.

73kona455
Imagine that
dickhead #2.. STFU.. the ladies kids are in a bind.. and u and the other prick need to just shut up...

Mr. C
Wow, and to think we have your home address...:idea:
and work address as well

Froggystyle
12-20-2006, 12:07 PM
How about we all keep this productive and find some folks in the Denver airport. Ron (infomaniac) is making some calls right now to some airport buddies of his.. and I just dropped a line to some flight attendants I know that fly in and out of Denver.
You need a hotel right now though Ali... otherwise you won't get one.

Mr. C
12-20-2006, 12:11 PM
How about we all keep this productive and find some folks in the Denver airport. Ron (infomaniac) is making some calls right now to some airport buddies of his.. and I just dropped a line to some flight attendants I know that fly in and out of Denver.
You need a hotel right now though Ali... otherwise you won't get one.
You're right Froggy, now's not the time to get caught up in that sh*t.

clearfork
12-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Hey T.
I am a pilot for one of the airlines. I have had this happen to me before. If they are UM (unaccompanied minors) a airline representative should be with them at all times. I am not sure of Frontier's policy but I can assure you they will get priorty treatment. So stay calm, and dont worry to much.
Another avenue you can pursue, the Airline can make arrangemnts for your ticket to be transferred to other airlines that may still be in service or possibly quicker service, Play all your cards and ask for a supervisor.
Finally it may take going to another airport on as different airline, like KDEN-KATL-KDFW to get them there quicker. Keep your chin up, I am sure the airline will step up. If they dont, just like some of the other folks suggested.
Look for a TSA agent these guys would love to do a good deed.
God bless and best of luck. MP
If something doesnt happen soon, I will look up one of the crews in KDEN and see if I can rattle the tree at my airline.

OGShocker
12-20-2006, 12:17 PM
We contacted a distributor in Aurora, CO to see if they had any options. They say they are "stuck"!
Sorry, topper!

wsuwrhr
12-20-2006, 12:18 PM
My niece flys from Reno to Ontario and back on more than one occasion. This has always been the case, first on the plane and first off the plane.
Brian
Hey T.
I am a pilot for one of the airlines. I have had this happen to me before. If they are UM (unaccompanied minors) a airline representative should be with them at all times. I am not sure of Frontier's policy but I can assure you they will get priorty treatment. So stay calm, and dont worry to much.
Another avenue you can pursue, the Airline can make arrangemnts for your ticket to be transferred to other airlines that may still be in service or possibly quicker service, Play all your cards and ask for a supervisor.
Finally it may take going to another airport on as different airline, like KDEN-KATL-KDFW to get them there quicker. Keep your chin up, I am sure the airline will step up. If they dont, just like some of the other folks suggested.
Look for a TSA agent these guys would love to do a good deed.
God bless and best of luck. MP
If something doesnt happen soon, I will look up one of the crews in KDEN and see if I can rattle the tree at my airline.

don johnson
12-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Topless,
Understanding the magnitude of your delemma I called in a favor with Hyatt and they have secured a room for your children at the Amerisuites facility at the Denver airport. Please call me at 714 777 6546 and we can work through the logistics. If you do not want the room I need to know by 3:00 today so my credit card does not get charged.

topless
12-20-2006, 12:22 PM
You need a hotel right now though Ali... otherwise you won't get one.Got a hotel booked for them. My daughter is waiting to get to the front of the line to see what the airlines tells her. Also, AmTrak has a train leaving in the morning if weather permits. We were told to call later this afternoon to see if it is still going to be leaving. It will take them to Las Vegas New Mexico and my ex will drive from Dallas to there to pick them up. It will work out but still sux.

wsuwrhr
12-20-2006, 12:22 PM
This place is the greatest
Topless,
Understanding the magnitude of your delemma I called in a favor with Hyatt and they have secured a room for your children at the Amerisuites facility at the Denver airport. Please call me at 714 777 6546 and we can work through the logistics. If you do not want the room I need to know by 3:00 today so my credit card does not get charged.

slink
12-20-2006, 12:24 PM
Topless,
HUGE..................why to step up

Cole Trickle
12-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Topless,
Very Cool Don!!!! very Cool!!!!:D :) :jawdrop:

Froggystyle
12-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Topless,
PM me your addy Don... I have some shwag for you buddy.
That was way cool of you to step up like that.

slink
12-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Allison, try and have your daughters contact one of the airport LEO's. They can be taken to a secure office away from the millions of pissed off travelers and will have access to a land line phone and not have to burn up their cell's. The LEO's will also have some pull with making sure they are safe and helping them get out of there in a timely fashion. Good luck

Kilrtoy
12-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Everyone relax, her kids are in their late teens..
Yes it is troublesome, but lets all not freak out..
There is a blizzard, they should stay put in the airport for safety reason.
The last thing you need is two kids walking around in a foreign city in a blizzard and getting lost.....

clearfork
12-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Well I just called BNA FSS,
They have a few breaks in the showers over the next 8 hours. That may be enough time to clean the runway and taxiways before it starts agin tommorow. So it depends how agressive Frontier wants to be to get their planes out. That is their hub so there is no telling.
On a positive note, The kids are not going to be alone.
They will be fed and if a flightr cancels I am sure they will put them up.
The kids are now the responsibilty of the airline. They will not let them out of their sight. The thing to do is make sure they get taken care of soon. Like everybody has said hotels will fill up quickly. But that will be a last resort.
I called one of our dispatchers and so far they have not cancelled the KDEN-KATL flight. so there is a way out. I will check back in a couple....
MP

topless
12-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Don, you are my hero. Thanks:)

RitcheyRch
12-20-2006, 12:32 PM
That was very nice of you to do that. You should get ***boater of the Month Award.
Topless,

OutCole'd
12-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Nothing I can say that has not already been said. I have my fingers crossed for you Topper.

ChumpChange
12-20-2006, 12:34 PM
The airline of course knew there was going to be a delay. But a connector for Topless' kids is probably a direct flight to Denver to others. The airlines will go as far as they can and then stop, that way, the most people have a chance of getting where they are going.
The connector flight passengers are unhappy right now but those on the flight that live in Denver are happy to be home.
Good luck with everything, unfortunately, the freinds from church that I have that just moved there are stuck as well. This storm is now the front page of CNN.com and from the looks of it, they're probably going to shut down the major highway through there.

wsuwrhr
12-20-2006, 12:35 PM
When this all settles, everyone needs to gather round the bar for a cocktail or three.
Brian

topless
12-20-2006, 12:37 PM
I just talked to my daughter and the whole airport is shut down. At least they have a room booked. She right now is concerned about not having her clothes and toothbrush. My son could care less I think. I feel somewhat better now. Thank you all for everything.:)

Froggystyle
12-20-2006, 12:38 PM
I just talked to my daughter and the whole airport is shut down. At least they have a room booked. She right now is concerned about not having her clothes and toothbrush. My son could care less I think. I feel somewhat better now. Thank you all for everything.:)
The hotel will have toothbrushes... probably some cloths in a gift shop too.

Tremor Therapy
12-20-2006, 12:38 PM
You know just about the time I think this place has finally gone into the sh*tter and I need to go play somewhere else, something like this happens to restore my faith in the rank and file of this place! Way to step up to the plate Don...fantastic gesture buddy, definate kudo's to you! Topless I hope it all works out for the kids. Travelling in the winter sucks, and I have got to spend 14 hours in the Denver airport before. They are in a pretty safe place as it is a very busy airport. Keep calm, it already seems like the Xmas spirit is coming around to save the day!
Topless,

wsuwrhr
12-20-2006, 12:40 PM
If that is your dusghter's biggest concern, she should be able to buy whatever she needs in one of the shops.
Brian

460 jus getn it
12-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Topless,
Talk about PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE. Way to help Alison out. :D :D :D

slink
12-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Just trying to lighten the mood a little, but isn't there a movie out right know about this very scenerio, with the kids running amuck through the airport and having the time of their lives w/ no supervision?

Tremor Therapy
12-20-2006, 12:44 PM
Topless,
I sent PHXATC an e-mail...commented over in Froggy's thread.

YeLLowBoaT
12-20-2006, 12:46 PM
GL
if you go here... you can get the current situation at the airport... http://flydenver.com/
Its says they are operationg under low viz condtions... so you maybe able to get them a flight on anohter airline... I know froniter does not have the certs to fly no viz...

Devilman
12-20-2006, 12:47 PM
Just trying to lighten the mood a little, but isn't there a movie out right know about this very scenerio, with the kids running amuck through the airport and having the time of their lives w/ no supervision?
LOL, yeah. "Unaccompanied Minors" or something like that...

topless
12-20-2006, 12:57 PM
When this all settles, everyone needs to gather round the bar for a cocktail or three.
Brianor 4:idea:

OGShocker
12-20-2006, 12:59 PM
It will take them to Las Vegas New Mexico and my ex will drive from Dallas to there to pick them up.
Have him go to Linda's for breakfast, her Burritos will erase all the bad memories from the trip. Glad things worked out, Ali.
DJ way to go to bat for the kids! As for the rest of you,,,,,, you fockers are all right!

wsuwrhr
12-20-2006, 01:01 PM
or 4:idea:
Sounds like a plan

Big Warlock
12-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Last report says Frontier might try to start operations in a few hours. However, weather doesn't look like it will cooperate.
Obviously kids won't be able to get to the hotel unless the road to the hotel is available. Staying the night in the airport will not be the end of the world. They will have plenty of company it sounds like.
The situation sucks, but it's part of life. next year you will be laughing about this Topless!!
I am pulling for you though.
Anyone gets stuck in Phoenix, I know this guy Jordy that has a great, kid friendly pad and his home is always open! :eek:

ratso
12-20-2006, 01:11 PM
I think I'll go rent "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" now...:D

Trailer Park Casanova
12-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Let us know the final cost, we want to help out.

topless
12-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Let us know the final cost, we want to help out.No need but thank you. You guys all want to make me cry. Don't be making me get all mushy now. Merry Christmas everybody.

BarryMac
12-20-2006, 01:29 PM
Sounds like everything is going to work out great Ali, I'm thinking of you and your kids, and I'll be sure and have at least one cocktail for you tonight...

JB in so cal
12-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Sounds like everything is going to work out great Ali, I'm thinking of you and your kids, and I'll be sure and have at least one cocktail for you tonight...
Talk about going outside your comfort zone:D
Glad it seems to be working out Topless.

Biglue
12-20-2006, 01:42 PM
No need but thank you. You guys all want to make me cry. Don't be making me get all mushy now. Merry Christmas everybody.
Merry Christmas Alison.
Glad to see things are looking up.
Don J. Way to step up on the hotel room. Have a great X-mass buddy.

BarryMac
12-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Talk about going outside your comfort zone:D
I said one cause I'm the DD tonight, otherwise it would've been the 4 that she suggested... :D :D

Bense468
12-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Wow- I think your on the right track. Hotel, Getting in touch with LEO, Keeping cell phone charged,making sure the airline knows where they are staying and provided transportation and works with the hotel to assure they are safe. I would imangine they will be out of there in a day or two. Just follow through with airline to make sure everything is working out. Good Luck.

Sleek-Jet
12-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Wow- I think your on the right track. Hotel, Getting in touch with LEO, Keeping cell phone charged,making sure the airline knows where they are staying and provided transportation and works with the hotel to assure they are safe. I would imangine they will be out of there in a day or two. Just follow through with airline to make sure everything is working out. Good Luck.
Agreed... keep in touch with Frontier so they know where the kids are... I'd call once in the morning and one in the afternoon till they are out of Denver. It's going to be a zoo when flights start to leave, and the displaced pax are going to be on standby so stay in touch with the airline... or did I already say that...
Glad they found a place to stay... good luck Top...

topless
12-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Not out of the woods yet. If they can't get to the hotel, they will be staying put at the airport. Also if the weather gets worse, AmTrak won't run either.

Debbolas
12-20-2006, 01:55 PM
Alison,
Hope everything works out for your kids....I know this is scarey for you.:confused:
Way to step up Don Johnson, come out to the Twins meet and we will have smuggled jello shots for you;)

Her454
12-20-2006, 01:56 PM
Alison,
Hope everything works out for your kids....I know this is scarey for you.:confused:
Way to step up Don Johnson, come out to the Twins meet and we will have smuggled jello shots for you;)
Smuggled? :D

HYPNAUTIC
12-20-2006, 01:57 PM
Oh yeah... be sure the airline handles this also, should this be the case. They need to put them up in a penthouse suite and cover all expenses too...
Unfortunately, this wont happen unless they are listed as Unaccompanied Minors (UM’s) Airlines will not cover food or hotels because the delays are not airline related. The airlines can not control the weather. If they are listed as UM's with the airline then they should not be allowed to stand in the Customer Service line alone.
I truly hope that they are listed as UM's because they will try to get them on the first flight out or on another carrier. Airlines do not like to have UM's put up in a hotel for liability reasons.

ratso
12-20-2006, 01:59 PM
Unfortunately, this wont happen unless they are listed as Unaccompanied Minors (UM’s) Airlines will not cover food or hotels because the delays are not airline related. The airlines can not control the weather. If they are listed as UM's with the airline then they should not be allowed to stand in the Customer Service line alone.
I truly hope that they are listed as UM's because they will try to get them on the first flight out or on another carrier. Airlines do not like to have UM's put up in a hotel for liability reasons.
I understand that... part of it was meant in humor...:D

Her454
12-20-2006, 02:00 PM
.. part of it was meant in humor...:D
Its winter Ratso, there is no humor allowed. :D

ratso
12-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Its winter Ratso, there is no humor allowed. :D
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

HYPNAUTIC
12-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Unless there is a hotel attached to the new airport in Denver I would not suggest to send the kids to an outside hotel. Stuck in traffic in a blizzard is not fun.
Denver airport has no hotels on its ground. They are all at least a 15-20 minute drive away. Hotel shuttles may not be even making the drive.

HYPNAUTIC
12-20-2006, 02:10 PM
If finding a hotel is a problem, have your daughter find out where the airlines are putting up their crews that are stranded. Call that hotel directly, book the room, and have her ask the crew if she can catch a ride with them.
Airlines have standing accounts and blocked out rooms at major hotels and charted busses that take them there.
This would apply to any airline United, American, etc...

HYPNAUTIC
12-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Like I said to another poster, I'm not familiar with the new airport in Denver...just Stapleton....my old office was close to there.
:D your post came up while i was typing mine

Debbolas
12-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Smuggled? :D
:D

voodoomedman
12-20-2006, 02:17 PM
:D
That will be good for you folks going this time as long as no one gets caught. The last time I went and bought a beer from the bar and I think it was like 4.50 whatever it was I left a 5 so basically would have payed 30 bucks for a 6 dollar 6 pack or Corona. No thanks.

Mike.A
12-20-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm in Denver right now, they have shut down the only road from airport to hotels until further notice. They have a couple of thousand people stuck out there right now. I have the news on so I will keep you updated because cabs and shuttles can not move right now.

Keith E. Sayre
12-20-2006, 02:20 PM
I've said it before and here goes again. I agree with what
Tremor Therapy said, every once in a while this place really
redeems itself in my mind. Today was that day. I have
two kids in Idaho Falls that fly here regularly so I can relate. One of us finds themselves in a tough spot, she gets on the Hot Boat forums where all these super egotistical-too much testosterone-horsepower breathing-
fire spitting-my boat is faster than everyone elses people
waste their work day and what happens? People start jumping through hoops trying to help! the firebreathers
turn into Christmas elves,, I don't know what to say about
Don Johnson other than my hat is off to you sir. I'm
sure Froggy has better things to do like run a new boat
company but he starts calling everyone he can think of
in his little black book of numbers, Biglue even thinks to
remember to keep the phone charged. Then Trailer Park
casanova wants to make sure noone gets wounded financially and is offering to help kick in some $$$$.
Maybe the place called Hot Boat.com isn't full of "one off"
billet motorheads after all. Personally, I've seen things like
this happen on here alot over the years and while I don't
know alot of you, I have alot of respect for the bunch of you. Topless: Keep the faith it'll be ok somehow. Everyone have a wonderful Christmas.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

HYPNAUTIC
12-20-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm in Denver right now, they have shut down the only road from airport to hotels until further notice. They have a couple of thousand people stuck out there right now. I have the news on so I will keep you updated because cabs and shuttles can not move right now.
Topless, there are electrical outlets through out the airport that she can use have her charge her cell for a couple of hours while she has the chance. Doesn't sound like shes going anywhere for a couple of hours and this way the battery will be fresh for when she does need it.

Blacksheep
12-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Topless,
Let me know if you need anything. My sister doesn't live too far from the airport and my brother in law is a deputy sheriff. They might be able to help out.
-Jeff

Mike.A
12-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Topless,
If and when they open Pena Blvd. If they need a lift to the hotel then let me know. I am stuck here until Friday but I have my truck with me so I can make it no problem just when they allow me to. Send me a p.m if you need anything.

Sleek-Jet
12-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Topless,
If and when they open Pena Blvd. If they need a lift to the hotel then let me know. I am stuck here until Friday but I have my truck with me so I can make it no problem just when they allow me to. Send me a p.m if you need anything.
Is Gun Club Rd closed??? It hits Penis (Pena) Blvd just outside the DIA proper, might be able to get there that way...

Her454
12-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Merry Christmas everyone. This thread just about made me cry.
Im saving it to read when Jungle Fever hits in the dead of winter and people forget the good things in life that really count.

HYPNAUTIC
12-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Topless,
topless,
have your kids find this guy. he sounds like there way to food and shelter until everything gets settled.

out of bounds
12-20-2006, 02:36 PM
have them stay in the airport!!! they have evry thing they need right there and there is plenty of famlies traveling so some one will keep an eye on them they are safe there. It is not safe to leave that secured area and to put them out in the storm. Keep them there. I have a buddy that workes at the airport and trying to find out if they are in town. They are going to Hawaii for x-mas don't know if they have alreay gone. If they have she should know some one to help out. If they need money one of the stores in the airport could give them what they need aslong as you have c/c#.THEpeople that work in the airport are also stuck there so THEY ARE AS SAFE AS IT GETS. They have heat, food,people to hang with. If you don't freek out on them then they be good to go. I will let you know about Sue and if she is in town.

Mike.A
12-20-2006, 02:37 PM
Gun Club is backed up to at least a 3 hour drive, that was 2 hours ago. Everything is shutting down here and we are expecting another 10" to 14" of snow tonight. Last I heard they are focusing the plows on Pena right now to get it back open, Too much stopped traffic to plow on secondary roads (Gun Club). Alot of people were trying Tower road also and that ended being a parking lot. Too many abondened (sp) cars on the roads right now.

topless
12-20-2006, 02:37 PM
Just talked to Brianna (who is crying her eyes out) They have all minors in a room. This makes me feel a little better since they are not just wandering around the airport and have some supervision.
They can't get to the hotel and even if they did get them there, they won't confirm the reservations because they are saying it's a first come first serve basis. They also can't confirm a flight until the 24th. All the roads are shut down from the airport to the city too. Best case senerio, weather will clear up enough to get a flight out tomorrow. Next best cast is the next day. Worst case is they are stuck till the 24th. I'm a wreck right now.

Her454
12-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Just talked to Brianna (who is crying her eyes out) They have all minors in a room. This makes me feel a little better since they are not just wandering around the airport and have some supervision.
They can't get to the hotel and even if they did get them there, they won't confirm the reservations because they are saying it's a first come first serve basis. They also can't confirm a flight until the 24th. All the roads are shut down from the airport to the city too. Best case senerio, weather will clear up enough to get a flight out tomorrow. Next best cast is the next day. Worst case is they are stuck till the 24th. I'm a wreck right now.
Hang in there Alison, at least she is not alone and she has her brother. Not much consolation but it could be alot worse. :(

topless
12-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Hang in there Alison, at least she is not alone and she has her brother. Not much consolation but it could be alot worse. :(Yeah you're right. Later could be there. :D

ratso
12-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Yeah you're right. Later could be there. :D
LMAO...:D
Topless, send me your daughters phone #... I'll have her smiling in no time...:D
Really though, they'll be fine, and being a dad, I know I'd be upset too...

Flyinbowtie
12-20-2006, 02:46 PM
This is what the internet is for, if ya ask me.
Topless, if you can hook the kids up with somebody you can trust, that is the way I would go. Getting them someplace safe and then getting them back to the airport when operations resume again makes this a two-part problem.
The news out of Sca at noon hd a piece on how Sac Intl is all screwed up because of the problems at DIA. This isn't going to get fixed overnight, and once it is fixed, getting the system up and running again is going to take a day or two.
I can't do much from here but pray for ya, and were on that...

Froggystyle
12-20-2006, 02:48 PM
My offer stands... I haven't gotten a call yet though. ;) I will do magazines too for them. :D
Hang in there Alison...

2Driver
12-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Figure worse case and one of you start driving. What about a flight back home on another airline? Have you tried calling southwest or US Air.
I am sure the Denver News stations could make this in to a great story and your kids would be off to their destination in no time. Probably first class.
Be sure they keep the cell phone charged and call you each time they are moved, who is moving them and where ( exactly they are going) you need to keep a manual GPS on them

squirt'nmyload
12-20-2006, 02:51 PM
if it makes you feel any better i was stuck in the airport in denver in 2001 for awhile and it's not that bad of a place. i understand that these are your kids we are talkin about but it sounds like they will be taken care of. there are still a few decent people left out there that you can trust!!........on a side note, after that happened i would avoid denver at all costs in the winter. the place i used to work for wanted me to move there and i said hell no, i'm goin back to phoenix!!!!

topless
12-20-2006, 02:51 PM
My offer stands... I haven't gotten a call yet though. ;) I will do magazines too for them. :D
Hang in there Alison...You are great Wes. She has your number so when things settle down a bit I'm sure you will get a call. Thanks again,
Alison

lucky
12-20-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm only -16 hours away If need be - we will roll - straight up girl !!! I'm sry this is happin' to you -- I'm here if ya need me - i can even stop by and grab mrs spelling and grammer --

Rexone
12-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Ali if they have them all in a room, they are safe. That is #1 importance.
Comfort may not be the ultimate but they are kids and are resiliant. Just keep them calm and stay calm yourself. It could be much worse.
I just saw on CNN that Denver is totally shut down. No one will be going anywhere for awhile it looks like. I've been in Denver when it snows and it does get locked down. Have not been to new airport tho.
You will be laughing and telling each other storie about this in a few days. Hang in.

Her454
12-20-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm only -16 hours away If need be - we will roll - straight up girl !!! I'm sry this is happin' to you -- I'm here if ya need me - i can even stop by and grab mrs spelling and grammer --
And just who would that be? :D :D

anxious
12-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Im in Colorado Springs, and nobody is going anywhere. They closed the I 25 from Denver to New Mexico and 250 miles of the I 70. Everyone is pretty much stuck wherever they are. Luckily Im home I have about 5 feet in my driveway....Ill post some pics later. Its blowing 50-60 mph right now. I was supposed to fly back home in Cali today but flight got cancelled. They are saying at least a day maybe more before people get out

squirt'nmyload
12-20-2006, 03:02 PM
just heard that the nuggets-suns game is still on

JetBoatRich
12-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Just got on HB and what a story, Sorry to hear about your kids Ali:mad: It sucks what your are going through right now, the two of them probably feel worst. I hope this nightmare comes to an end soon, keep talking with your kids to keep their spirits up.
I am pretty far from them, but if we can do anything let me know.

acatitude
12-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Topless
If they are in the airport and no one can go anywheres they are at least safe and have folks around them to help. I know how ya feel, I had my daughter stranded once when she was young and I was a wreck about it cuzz I couldnt get to her. Keep yourself calm when talking to them, it will help there state of mind. Keep a positive frame of mind and it will work out ok.... there are some great people on here in time of need... I agree with what keith said earlier.. props to all that lent a hand.

ratso
12-20-2006, 03:12 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16298482/
Just found on msn... wow...:eek:

DILLIGAF
12-20-2006, 03:20 PM
I didn't read all of this but it seems you got them a room Alison. I saw where DON JOHNSON made some calls....good job DJ.
Glad to see everybody help out as much as possible...
As far as the negative shots taken...F them anyway.

topless
12-20-2006, 03:23 PM
The kids are all safe but doesn't look like they'll be going to the gift shop anytime soon. They are in lock down. They won't even let them go to the bathroom unescorted. Brianna's cell phone will die soon because her charger is in her suitcase. Now that's when I'm going to come unglued.

anchorman
12-20-2006, 03:34 PM
The kids are all safe but doesn't look like they'll be going to the gift shop anytime soon. They are in lock down. They won't even let them go to the bathroom unescorted. Brianna's cell phone will die soon because her charger is in her suitcase. Now that's when I'm going to come unglued.
See if she can get escorted to the gifts store they may have a charger also have her look around and see if anybody has that phone one of the airline employees might have the same phone as her.
Good luck

slink
12-20-2006, 03:37 PM
give her a time schedule to call you on like at 6pm, 7pm 9pm so forth and have her turn it off to save the battery. Only call if something (weather/flight) breaks.

luvmyboat
12-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Alison, I just saw this thread...I am sorry your head is about to explode. Many of the airports have cell phone charging stands.....but at the very least, the kids are OK, I know it kills you that you are with them now. Relax and remember how indestructible kids are....they will be annoyed, tired, but OK! Love to you all, Mike

Mike.A
12-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Latest News,
On the news right now, Airport will remain shut down until Thurs evening sometime.:( Not saying a time just sometime thurs evening.

Jordy
12-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Anyone gets stuck in Phoenix, I know this guy Jordy that has a great, kid friendly pad and his home is always open! :eek:
The hotter the mom, the more kid friendly it is. ;)
What a way to pull together here. I'm impressed. :)
Hey, does anyone in Denver have a Rhino??? I'm sure that could pick up the kids and get them to the hotel. :D

Cole Trickle
12-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Hey, does anyone in Denver have a Rhino??? I'm sure that could pick up the kids and get them to the hotel. :D
Denver....
If I left now from So Cal in my Rhino I would be there in a half hour!!!:devil: :D :idea:

Jordy
12-20-2006, 04:11 PM
Denver....
If I left now from So Cal in my Rhino I would be there in a half hour!!!:devil: :D :idea:
Chuck Norris would be there in 15 minutes in his Rhino and make the snow all melt on the way!!! :D :D :D
F'kn Chuck Norris!!! :mad: :D

Cole Trickle
12-20-2006, 04:16 PM
Chuck Norris would be there in 15 minutes in his Rhino and make the snow all melt on the way!!! :D :D :D
F'kn Chuck Norris!!! :mad: :D
He would also be able to just look at Topless's daughters phone and the battery would be so scared it would recharge itself!!:idea: :D :confused:

Jbb
12-20-2006, 04:17 PM
The hotter the mom, the more kid friendly it is. ;)
What a way to pull together here. I'm impressed. :)
I was in Phoenix last year......never got so much as a phone call....:mad:

Jordy
12-20-2006, 04:21 PM
I was in Phoenix last year......never got so much as a phone call....:mad:
Hmmm, neither did I. :idea: :D

Parker Dreamin
12-20-2006, 04:23 PM
Last time I was in the airport they had these little phone charging stations that had all kinds of adapters for different phones, for a little fee.
Everything will work out and make sure you and the kids STAY STRONG !!!!

topless
12-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Last time I was in the airport they had these little phone charging stations that had all kinds of adapters for different phones, for a little fee.
Everything will work out and make sure you and the kids STAY STRONG !!!!
Thanks, they just want to see their dad. It is very frustrating knowing there is nothing I can do.

Jbb
12-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Hmmm, neither did I. :idea: :D
Jordy ...stop hating...

Jordy
12-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Jordy ...stop hating...
Oh yeah???? Well RD SUX!!! :D :D :D

out of bounds
12-20-2006, 04:28 PM
topless
My Friend Sue that works at the airport has already left for Knoia (Bitch) her Brother-n-law Also is a security officer for the airport is sueposed to be at work in the AM? I just hung up the phone with him and his is going to call the office to make sure that they well be ok. I told them that they had been takin to a different area . he knew what the drill was PM me with there info and i will pass it through to him
John

Biglue
12-20-2006, 04:34 PM
See if she can get escorted to the gifts store they may have a charger also have her look around and see if anybody has that phone one of the airline employees might have the same phone as her.
Good luck
give her a time schedule to call you on like at 6pm, 7pm 9pm so forth and have her turn it off to save the battery. Only call if something (weather/flight) breaks.
Great advice here ALison.
Does she have a calling card? If not there may be some she can purchase there once she makes it to the gift shop. At least the minors are under supervision now Alison. Not ideal but a step in the right direction.

2Driver
12-20-2006, 04:39 PM
The damn airline should provide them with free phone access.

Jbb
12-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Oh yeah???? Well RD SUX!!! :D :D :D
RD sux!.............:D

RitcheyRch
12-20-2006, 04:42 PM
This is what Christmas is all about. I'm sure the kiddies will be fine. They are in a safe environment and can bet the airport will feed them.

topless
12-20-2006, 04:46 PM
This is what Christmas is all about. I'm sure the kiddies will be fine. They are in a safe environment and can bet the airport will feed them.My ex talked to the arilines and they will feed them.

mmered8299
12-20-2006, 04:56 PM
It would be cool if someone there had a laptop with a web-cam and if Debbie could get a hold of one too then they could see each other. It would at least bring comfort!

Moneypitt
12-20-2006, 05:01 PM
The airport can clear runways alot faster than the road crews can clear the road. Staying at the airport is the best idea. Planes will be taking off and landing long before the highways are cleared of stalled/abandoned vehicles and snow drifts. The runways are just covered in snow, and the airport has on site equipment and crews to get right on it as soons as possible. The airport/airlines want flights just as much or more than the stranded travelers.............MP

OCMerrill
12-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Topless -
Now is the time to have faith in how you have raised your kids. Now they get to slice up a little closer to adult and they will. Kids adapt FAST.
Threads I read with your name attached....lets just say I am sure your kids are tough enough. You will be too.
I am sure the major anxiety will pass soon and your kids will be going crazy of sure boredom.
And the airline will get to know your voice real well as they scramble to get you kids a cell phone charger if you know what I mean........:idea:
Denver airport is new and clean and in a fairly good area at least.

OCMerrill
12-20-2006, 05:07 PM
The airport can clear runways alot faster than the road crews can clear the road. Staying at the airport is the best idea. Planes will be taking off and landing long before the highways are cleared of stalled/abandoned vehicles and snow drifts. The runways are just covered in snow, and the airport has on site equipment and crews to get right on it as soons as possible. The airport/airlines want flights just as much or more than the stranded travelers.............MP
This is so true. Money is not made by sitting around. Dedicated equipment and this (out of routine in so cal) is common to those guys.

RitcheyRch
12-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Good to hear.
My ex talked to the arilines and they will feed them.

Desert Rat
12-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Have them ask the other kids in the group for a compatable charger. Might just come up with something they can plug the phone in for a hour or so. It doesn't take long for kids to make friends with other kids in this situation and most will help out each other... worth a shot

AZKC
12-20-2006, 07:59 PM
Been watching the WC and Cantori says its a mess :( The kids will be OK just have them hang at the Airport:) More snows comin and its not going to be easy but they'll be fine at the airport. Kinda of a Real World episode for real;) They'll have some great stories to tell and never want to fly to Denver again:D

BIGRRNU
12-20-2006, 08:14 PM
Topless - Wow, what a story. So sorry to hear. My husband told me the heart of the story earlier today when I was telling him what a bad day I "was" having. Somebody out there is always worse off, at least you know where they are and they are out of harms way. Certainly helps to put perspective on things, it could be far worse and it will work out very soon. Keith your comments are outstanding, made me want to cry. Stay cheerful for their sake and point out the good things in this. Keep us up to date.

Ken F
12-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Topless,
Called my Brother who lives in Evergreen, just west of Denver. He says they are unable to go anywhere, but felt really bad that he couldn't help.
If you need it tomorrow and conditions have improved, he would be happy to try and help. Has a Jeep Grand Cherokee, so able to make it through the snow reasonably well.
On the train deal, make sure your husband is there to meet them when they arrive. Las Vegas NM is a pretty rough town I went to college there.
If you need, I'll PM you my cell #. I still have a very good friend (retired Priest) who lives there, and would be happy to meet them in Las Vegas if necessary.
Ken F

Tom Brown
12-20-2006, 09:44 PM
It sounds like they are 12~15 range.
Given that they're your offspring, I have a strong hunch they are pretty quick on their feet and quite capable of taking care of themselves.
Turning the phone off won't save that much power. Most modern digital phones will run on standby for 7+ days. Remember, it's talk time that sucks up the juice. Keep the conversations short. Brief contact only is the best way to conserve cell phone power.
I'm sure this will turn out fine, Alison. I'm pulling for them. :)

4DAY4PLAY
12-20-2006, 09:54 PM
I apoligize for my comment earlier, i just dont see how a parent would let there kids fly alone....I understand the situation, but i would probably fly with them, deliver them to the ex spouse and fly back....too much could go wrong between here and there, and my kids mean more than anything else, work, $$$ etc. Im sure its a highly accepted practice among society due to so many broken homes, but with me it isnt. Glad to hear things are starting to get better though. For all you that bashed me.....This is why i called it a parental problem. I guarantee these kids will probably never fly alone again, fortunantly there older rather than younger. And also, this is a free open forum, HB can kick me off if they find my comments offensive.

Tom Brown
12-20-2006, 10:05 PM
...i just dont see how a parent would let there kids fly alone....
How many 15 year olds have flown by themselves? I'll bet it's a lot.
Let's save the judgements of Topless' parenting skills until this is done and the kids are safe. At that time, I will let you know how much you suck. In the mean time, don't you have some foreplay to work on?
I flew my 12 year old nephew from Toronto to Regina by himself. I paid $40 extra for airline supervision. That was back on September 11, 2001. His flight was diverted and he stayed in a hotel in Calgary for 2 days.
The airline... WestJet was absolutely beautiful. They put him up in a hotel, organized a chaperoned trip to a movie theater with three other youths (with parents permission, of course), and generally made it a nice time instead of a 2 day jail sentence.
If there was a way for me to give WestJet a blowjob, I'd be sucking as hard as I could right now.

4DAY4PLAY
12-20-2006, 10:12 PM
How many 15 year olds have flown without by themselves? I'll bet it's a lot.
Let's save the judgements of Topless' parenting skills until this is done and the kids are safe. At that time, I will let you know how much you suck. In the mean time, don't you have some foreplay to work on?
I flew my 12 year old nephew from Toronto to Regina by himself. I paid $40 extra for airline supervision. That was back on September 11, 2001. His flight was diverted and he stayed in a hotel in Calgary for 2 days.
The airline... WestJet was absolutely beautiful. They put him up in a hotel, organized a chaperoned trip to a movie theater with three other youths (with parents permission, of course), and generally made it a nice time instead of a 2 day jail sentence.
If there was a way for me to give WestJet a blowjob, I'd be sucking as hard as I could right now.
Good for you....i just wouldnt do it. i would rather spend the extra couple hundred and fly with them and fly back. People on here dont mind blowing a couple hundred on 2 days worth of fuel in thier boat, but that one time a year they fly there kids out, their to cheap to take a day off of work, by an extra ticket and accompany them???Im not buying it. There are certain people in society that shouldnt have kids, not saying topless is one of them, but kids are a HUGE responsiblility, and if people would wait in thier relationships until theier stable and know thier gonna be married for more than a few years, 50% of children wouldnt be from broken homes, and go thru any of this.

Nord
12-20-2006, 10:22 PM
Without quoting anyone here, kids fly alone all of the time and they are fine. Its the parents and the kids responsability to let the airline know, and the kids are escorted through the airport to the plane, then taken care of by the stuart(s) untill they are picked up. No big deal.

Ken F
12-20-2006, 10:24 PM
Thank you Dr. Phil.
Do you really think this is the time to be spouting all this crap?
What the hell is wrong with you guy?
Don't you think this lady is going through enough bad feelings already?
Before you slam your mouth in gear & let out the clutch, try thinking first.
Ken F

Nord
12-20-2006, 10:25 PM
Thank you Dr. Phil.
Do you really think this is the time to be spouting all this crap?
What the hell is wrong with you guy?
Don't you think this lady is going through enough bad feelings already?
Ken F
Or I could have put it this way lol.....

Tom Brown
12-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Good for you....i just wouldnt do it.
That's cool.
... but know this.... if you're kids were ever to fly alone or somehow find themselves needing a hand and they were to stop in my city or somewhere I could help them, I would do what I could to help them. I would also help you get in contact with them, if possible, to put your mind at ease.
Consider it an open offer.

Tom Brown
12-20-2006, 10:34 PM
It could be worse... we could be talking to him in person and he could be exhaling a big drag of a Cuban stogie while he spouts that shit.
You'd have to add a bleach burnout reference to your metaphor then. :D

HYPNAUTIC
12-20-2006, 11:21 PM
... i just dont see how a parent would let there kids fly alone....
i took my first solo flight at age 6 with my 8 year old sister. LAX-HNL-then back 8 weeks later. all this before UM's were so gaurded.
there is nothing wrong with children flying without a parent. im sure next year a non-stop flight will be booked
oh by the way, i didnt come from a broken home either, parents still married after 33yrs
POS comments welcome
soft shoulders and open ears are much better at a time like this, than personal parenting views. your welcome to voice any opinion, just pick a better time and place.

73kona455
12-21-2006, 02:22 AM
Good for you....i just wouldnt do it. i would rather spend the extra couple hundred and fly with them and fly back. People on here dont mind blowing a couple hundred on 2 days worth of fuel in thier boat, but that one time a year they fly there kids out, their to cheap to take a day off of work, by an extra ticket and accompany them???Im not buying it. There are certain people in society that shouldnt have kids, not saying topless is one of them, but kids are a HUGE responsiblility, and if people would wait in thier relationships until theier stable and know thier gonna be married for more than a few years, 50% of children wouldnt be from broken homes, and go thru any of this.
WOW.. arent we all high and mighty???? guess we should all bow down to you? moron .. why dont u just move on? this is about someone needing help right not.. not some judgemental asshole running his mouth.
by the way......
never heard of alison blowing a few hundred bucks on fuel for her boat.. dont actually think she has a boat.....

Jetaholic
12-21-2006, 05:49 AM
by the way......
never heard of alison blowing a few hundred bucks on fuel for her boat.. dont actually think she has a boat.....
No but hopefully her and her kids will be riding in mine this summer! I'm sure everything will be just fine...it's just gonna suck for the kids for the next few days as they'll probably be bored out of their focking minds. And if this is the first time this has happened to them I'm sure they are scared shitless, or were scared at one point in time.
But life is a big learning experience for all of us. They can write a handbook on parenting, but every kid is born different...different personalities, brains are wired different...who's to say who is right in the way they parent? Who's to say "This way is the ONLY RIGHT WAY to parent any and all kids? And who in the hell is this guy to judge anyway? Then again opinions are like assholes...everyone has them and they are just that...opinions. However in a time like this, I think all opinions should be kept to oneself and all should just focus on helping Alison out. If I were closer to where they were at, I would do what I could to offer help. Unfortunately...that is not the case.
Alison...I'm sure everything will work itself out in the end. I'm definitely prayin' for you and the kids over here! And who knows? As in the movie Home Alone, maybe John Candy's band from Cheboygan will show up and help them out, or at least keep them entertained. :crossx:

AzLakeLizard
12-21-2006, 06:24 AM
STATS!: Married 9 years to the X thought is was going to be forever until he told me otherwise... divorced because he wanted extra fun..moved to where my family was for moral support.. hmmmm very judgmental aren't we...
Wow.. you must be one of the lucky ones that hasn't had to deal with X's and travel.. oooooooo
Have 3 children.. and yes .. I had to put the on an airplane every other holiday "drawn up by the court system"! I lived in Utah at the time.. and the X is in Michigan so I made sure that it was a non stop flight.. I had to pay for the tickets.. and still paid for the service of taking care of the kids! and when you talk about "blowing a couple of hundred bucks.. " aren't you special to have the extra money!.. wow ...we ate alot of mac and cheese.. no name brand and that cheap chicken legs and thighs in a bag when it was 7 bucks for a bag.. wanted to make sure we had a roof over our head! ok.. done ranting..sorry topless!...

Sleek-Jet
12-21-2006, 06:29 AM
Denver airport is new and clean and in a fairly good area at least.
Western Kansas is beautifull this time of year... :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-21-2006, 06:40 AM
Western Kansas is beautifull this time of year... :D
LMAO!!! When we were headed east, we came out of the beautiful Rocky Mountains in Golden and 3 minutes later we were in Denver I thought, "What the hell happened???" We were in Western Kansas, only the people in Denver don't know it, they think they live in Colorado. :D

Moneypitt
12-21-2006, 07:30 AM
First item on the news is the traveler delema in Denver. This is the issue the whole country is tuned into now, and the "domino" effect it is causing. All the east/west flights that normally go through the Denver hub are backed up and not flying. Could not have come at a worse time for the airlines that have to keep the planes in the air, everyday, to stay in the black on paper. News said little or no hope of flying today as well............But, tomorrow has a chance.....MP

Mike.A
12-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Local news here in Denver says airport officials are meeting at around noon to figure this mess out. News last night said not a chance of opening before this evening. There are 5000 people stuck at the airport right now so its going to take a little while to sort this one out. Biggest problem is getting airport employees out there, everybody is trying to dig out and lend a hand but this storm was a pretty bad one with the worst timing.
Will keep everyone updated as I hear it, I can drive but its the thousands of abondened cars out there thats screwing things up.

Sleek-Jet
12-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Local news here in Denver says airport officials are meeting at around noon to figure this mess out. News last night said not a chance of opening before this evening. There are 5000 people stuck at the airport right now so its going to take a little while to sort this one out. Biggest problem is getting airport employees out there, everybody is trying to dig out and lend a hand but this storm was a pretty bad one with the worst timing.
Will keep everyone updated as I hear it, I can drive but its the thousands of abondened cars out there thats screwing things up.
How much snow did you get?? I've got cousins that live in Littleton, they have almost 3 feet in their front yard...

Mike.A
12-21-2006, 07:45 AM
I'm at DTC area (I-25 & 225) and about 3 ft here also, up to 5 ft drifts. Wish I still had my sleds. I would be out at the airport giving Topless's kids a trip they wouldn't forget. I am supposed to fly out Friday evening so I will be out there trying to deal with the aftermath.

Mike.A
12-21-2006, 08:05 AM
Update: FAA just announced Airport shut down until Friday Morning, waiting on local news to confirm.....:mad:

bonesfab
12-21-2006, 08:06 AM
We almost got stuck in this mess. Our flight was at 7:00am this morning through Denver. needless to say it was cancelled. the first avalilble flight they said was the 26th. Talk about ruining your vacation... Sorry to here about the kids. Props to the HB crowd.

4DAY4PLAY
12-21-2006, 08:41 AM
Do you know Alison? Is she one of these people that drop money every where? Maybe she did not have the money to travel with them. Maybe she would have got fired from her job if she had to take the time off work. Just because she post on HB does not mean she is a baller. You my friend are a tool and you need to keep your mouth shut at times like this. Oh and BTW no one asked your opinion:idea:
I agree with Keith S. that this place is amazing how people will step up in the time of need but then there is always that one A-Hole that will throw a wrench in it:mad:
Alison - I have a very good friend that lives in Denver, he is locked down also but once things clear if you still need help give me a shout and I will see what he can do for you.:)
By posting on an open free forum, she asked for my opinion, if you dont like what i have to say dont post the topic. Secondly, i never said "she" should have done this, and no i dont know her finances or job situation. I said i would never do it....and many of the people who said they put thier kids on planes are ballers, who do blow lots of $$$ on boats, fuel, alcohol, but wont part with the $$$ to accompany thier kids to the airport. If, and i said if, these kids were a bit younger this may have been a life changing event for them that may have messed up thier minds for along time. IF they were with an adult, adult decisions would have been made early with the appropriate funds...i.e, credit cards to book a hotel, which flight to book when it opens, food, entertainment etc. But instead its two teanagers at an airport with probably $30 cash in thier pocket, no credit cards, and lacking the experience and common sense an adult would have. I guess in my career ive seen two many bad things happen to good kids when thier parents get careless, and unfortanantly puting your kids on an airplane that is not NON- STOP with the other parent waiting for them at the arriving airport...is a poor decision. All you HB'ers can jump on the sympathy band wagon with topless, I dont feel one bit of sympathy for her, but i do fell for those poor kids who have to be put thru this in a time that they should be having fun....X-mas. This will be may last post on this topic, not to satisfy you, but im bored,

Rexone
12-21-2006, 08:45 AM
And also, this is a free open forum,
Yeah pretty much. But perhaps a topic for a different thread on the subject of proper parenting (not airport nightmare).
It never ceases to amaze me how some people come on a thread of someone in distress and start spewing philosophy, judgement and critisizm, even if such philosophy might have merit in some situations.
Proper judgement is in the eye of the beholder I guess, both in parenting and posting. :idea:

Jordy
12-21-2006, 08:48 AM
All you HB'ers can jump on the sympathy band wagon with topless, I dont feel one bit of sympathy for her, but i do fell for those poor kids who have to be put thru this in a time that they should be having fun....X-mas. This will be may last post on this topic, not to satisfy you, but im bored,
Here, Spammit hasn't needed this for a while. Perhaps you could use it:
http://www.cp-tel.net/pasqualy/hole/hole_0179sml.jpg
:notam: :notam: :notam:

AZKC
12-21-2006, 08:52 AM
By posting on an open free forum, she asked for my opinion, if you dont like what i have to say dont post the topic. Secondly, i never said "she" should have done this, and no i dont know her finances or job situation. I said i would never do it....and many of the people who said they put thier kids on planes are ballers, who do blow lots of $$$ on boats, fuel, alcohol, but wont part with the $$$ to accompany thier kids to the airport. If, and i said if, these kids were a bit younger this may have been a life changing event for them that may have messed up thier minds for along time. IF they were with an adult, adult decisions would have been made early with the appropriate funds...i.e, credit cards to book a hotel, which flight to book when it opens, food, entertainment etc. But instead its two teanagers at an airport with probably $30 cash in thier pocket, no credit cards, and lacking the experience and common sense an adult would have. I guess in my career ive seen two many bad things happen to good kids when thier parents get careless, and unfortanantly puting your kids on an airplane that is not NON- STOP with the other parent waiting for them at the arriving airport...is a poor decision. All you HB'ers can jump on the sympathy band wagon with topless, I dont feel one bit of sympathy for her, but i do fell for those poor kids who have to be put thru this in a time that they should be having fun....X-mas. This will be may last post on this topic, not to satisfy you, but im bored,
http://static.flickr.com/30/59639465_5d8721c63b_m.jpg

AZKC
12-21-2006, 08:53 AM
Here, Spammit hasn't needed this for a while. Perhaps you could use it:
http://www.cp-tel.net/pasqualy/hole/hole_0179sml.jpg
:notam: :notam: :notam:
Focker I got called away before I could hit reply:mad: ;)

mbrown2
12-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Wow...whether or not your right, you tend to have the worst discretion on the boards when it comes to sharing your opinion so even if it has merit it falls on deaf ears as people view you as purely an antagonist or a troll. Which is too bad cause some of your views although indifferent have merit.
It's not often I come across people with such lack of compassion or discretion; I wish you a better outlook on life during this Holiday season and in to the coming year.

lucky
12-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Hey Ali - sweetheart - how are you doing - and more importantly - how are the kids - Is there anything you need - cause i'd be freakin out - If ya need to call and vent - I'll e mail ya the # CHristopher

topless
12-21-2006, 09:00 AM
By posting on an open free forum, she asked for my opinion, if you dont like what i have to say dont post the topic. Secondly, i never said "she" should have done this, and no i dont know her finances or job situation. I said i would never do it....and many of the people who said they put thier kids on planes are ballers, who do blow lots of $$$ on boats, fuel, alcohol, but wont part with the $$$ to accompany thier kids to the airport. If, and i said if, these kids were a bit younger this may have been a life changing event for them that may have messed up thier minds for along time. IF they were with an adult, adult decisions would have been made early with the appropriate funds...i.e, credit cards to book a hotel, which flight to book when it opens, food, entertainment etc. But instead its two teanagers at an airport with probably $30 cash in thier pocket, no credit cards, and lacking the experience and common sense an adult would have. I guess in my career ive seen two many bad things happen to good kids when thier parents get careless, and unfortanantly puting your kids on an airplane that is not NON- STOP with the other parent waiting for them at the arriving airport...is a poor decision. All you HB'ers can jump on the sympathy band wagon with topless, I dont feel one bit of sympathy for her, but i do fell for those poor kids who have to be put thru this in a time that they should be having fun....X-mas. This will be may last post on this topic, not to satisfy you, but im bored,I'm so glad you are Mr. Perfect and have all the answers. I never asked for sympathy, or anything else for that matter. Just what to do. I didn't book the flight either, my ex did and according to court order it is mandatory for me to send the kids to see their dad. They have flown alone for a long time with never an incident. This is a freak thing and you my friend need to STFU because there are many single parents here that do the best they can. I'm glad that you have the convenience of taking off work and spending the extra money to over protect your kids by sitting on an airplane with them only to watch them get off and turn around and fly home. I hope when they are older they will be able to fend for themselves without having to have Daddy hold their hands. Maybe you can go buy them some life lesson classes because you don't seem to want them to learn anything on their own. Now go away.

Havasu1986
12-21-2006, 09:02 AM
[QUOTE=4DAY4PLAY;2305278]I guess in my career ive seen two many bad things happen to good kids.
I'm guessing 4DAY4PLAY is a firemen.:)

Rexone
12-21-2006, 09:02 AM
By posting on an open free forum, she asked for my opinion, if you dont like what i have to say dont post the topic.
Actually I don't recall seeing that question. The forum is only as open and free as the site owner and moderators determine it to be. When sensitive threads go off topic sometimes the openess and freeness are less so. Threads that generally include people in trouble, injured, or killed come to mind.
I'll be more direct this time: Please start your own thread on proper parenting if you wish to further post on the subject. This thread is about 2 kids in distress at the Denver airport.

HM
12-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Wow, someone of such strong convictions can just walk away when you are bored. Yah, you really impressed us with your ability to come in here and cast judgement in a time of crisis then simply walk when you get bored.
I heard a great saying that applies to you. Don't shoot the wounded.

Rexone
12-21-2006, 09:05 AM
Lets get back on topic please. :)

Big Warlock
12-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Jordy be a sport and check the weather down in Mexico. (Calling the Captain is not checking the weather!) I just don't want any snow storms stopping our trip! :D
Topless, hope the kids are ok? Cell phone issues resolved? Still at the airport? Just curious as to an update.
Has Chuck Norris made it to the airport in his Rhino yet? What if he turns over into a snow bank? Lawsuit time? Just concerned as always.
Ok, need to go plan my lunch now. My work here is done.
(I am sincere about knowing what is going on with the kids though Topless!)
Rob

Mr. C
12-21-2006, 09:19 AM
If, and i said if, these kids were a bit younger this may have been a life changing event for them that may have messed up thier minds for along time.
I have to disagree with you on this, 2 of my kids(11&14yrs old at the time) stuck in chicago for 8-10 hours, they were put in a room similar to were topless' kids are now. Were they a little(ok alot) nervous at first, most definately, we talked to them told them everything was gonna be just fine. If anything they came out of this with a sense of responsibility and now know they can handle things like this when they come up. Did it mess with there mind, not in the least. When it was all said and done it was probably one of the best learning experiences they have encountered.

Mike.A
12-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Reports on Weather Channel here saying airport will reopen at noon Friday.
Topless, go to 9News.com for our local news, it should tell you more if you are not hearing anything.
Heading out to start shoveling, this should be some fun.

2Driver
12-21-2006, 09:28 AM
(I am sincere about knowing what is going on with the kids though Topless!)
Rob
Nothing on gene pool cleaning? I am impressed. :D :D :D

topless
12-21-2006, 09:31 AM
I just talked to my ex and my daughter. My ex told me that the airlines will be putting them up in a Hotel. The first available flight will be Christmas eve but it is only standby and there are 5000 people waiting for flights out of there so it doesn't look promising. On a bright note, this will be a story that they will laugh about in years to come. My son thinks it's cool but my daughter is hating life right now.

Havasu Luvr
12-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Alison, it was great to hear you cheerful voice. Maybe lunch next week. Just to hold you and comfort you :rolleyes:
PS. learn to work your own phone and remember "Ooosa! ! !"

CHEETAH24
12-21-2006, 09:35 AM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/CHEETAH24/DUMB.jpg

Big Warlock
12-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Nothing on gene pool cleaning? I am impressed. :D :D :D
Hahahahaha

Rexone
12-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Lets get back on topic please. :)
Am I talking to myself here? Perhaps I should recheck my settings to make sure I'm not on invisible mode. :)

luvmyboat
12-21-2006, 09:41 AM
I just talked to my ex and my daughter. My ex told me that the airlines will be putting them up in a Hotel. The first available flight will be Christmas eve but it is only standby and there are 5000 people waiting for flights out of there so it doesn't look promising. On a bright note, this will be a story that they will laugh about in years to come. My son thinks it's cool but my daughter is hating life right now.
The tone of your post suggests that you are doing better today, I'm glad. You are right, this will be a told story for years to come and *they are OK*. Love to you and hopes for a Merry Christmas & happynewyear!
Mike

Jordy
12-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Alison, it was great to hear you cheerful voice.
That's funny as I called her too and she sounded like she's in good spirits, all things being considered. Hang in there Evil Ali, you've got lots of people pulling for ya!!! :D :D :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Seems to me that minors flying alone should have priority, along with persons with medical necessities. I'm sure it will all work out okay, and like many on here have already stated, they will end up with a good story out of it. Kudos to the airline for putting them up in a hotel room.

Havasu Luvr
12-21-2006, 10:06 AM
That's funny as I called her too and she sounded like she's in good spirits, all things being considered. Hang in there Evil Ali, you've got lots of people pulling for ya!!! :D :D :D
Hey Jordy, yeah! she said she just hung up the phone with you and she appreciated both of us calling her to give her support and comfort. (You dog, beat me to it). BUT I live closer to her and she could POSSIBLY do lunch with me soon ! ! ! :rolleyes:

al cole'holic
12-21-2006, 10:10 AM
...my buddy just sent me this to say he doesn't think he'll be making it to the chop shop today :D

Singleton
12-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Topless -
In Denver flying out Sunday. If your kids need some help, PM me and we can see what we can do. Have 30" in the streets at sister in laws, but father in law will try anything when little kids are involved.

Biglue
12-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Hang in there Alison. The kiddos will be fine. Before you know it they will back home and you can give them a great big hug that satisfies us as parents after something like this. If there is anything I can help with let me know.
As far as the the negative energy posts going around, nevermind them. Just know it in your mind that this experience will only make your kids a little wiser. There is nothing wrong with your kids flying abroad supervised by others and not you as a parent. Chin up girlie. Everything will be fine. Just a little bump in the road. ;)

topless
12-21-2006, 10:29 AM
Hang in there Alison. The kiddos will be fine. Before you know it they will back home and you can give them a great big hug that satisfies us as parents after something like this. If there is anything I can help with let me know.
As far as the the negative energy posts going around, nevermind them. Just know it in your mind that this experience will only make your kids a little wiser. There is nothing wrong with your kids flying abroad supervised by others and not you as a parent. Chin up girlie. Everything will be fine. Just a little bump in the road. ;)I know they'll be OK, and asswipe doesn't bother he because, well he's an asswipe.:D

topless
12-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Topless -
In Denver flying out Sunday. If your kids need some help, PM me and we can see what we can do. Have 30" in the streets at sister in laws, but father in law will try anything when little kids are involved.Kid's are suppose to fly out Sunday as well. (hopefully) My ex is also trying to make other arraingements such a train or bus if all else fails but as of right now, those a shut down too. Just pray.

Mike.A
12-21-2006, 10:37 AM
Good News,
They just announced about 10 buses headed to DIA to get people out of there and to the hotels. Hopefully they get the kids out on these.

Sleek-Jet
12-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Kid's are suppose to fly out Sunday as well. (hopefully) My ex is also trying to make other arraingements such a train or bus if all else fails but as of right now, those a shut down too. Just pray.
I'm probably answering my own question here... but instead of putting them on Amtrack or Greyhound... why doesn't your ex drive up to Denver and get them himself?? I-25 and I-70 will be open by the weekend, and probably US60, if they aren't already.
Or is that why he is your Ex???

abraman1326
12-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Topless.
It sounds like you have a lot of alternatives, but if need be, I have a close friend just outside of Denver that said if you needed, she'd get the kids when she can get in the airport and take them to her place. SHe has 2 kids of her own (10 & 7) that they could hang w/ and play. I know her kids are a bit younger, but at least it's something to keep them occupied.
Sorry you are going through all of this, but this is going to be a great life lesson for them and make them strong adults...
BRA

topless
12-21-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm probably answering my own question here... but instead of putting them on Amtrack or Greyhound... why doesn't your ex drive up to Denver and get them himself?? I-25 and I-70 will be open by the weekend, and probably US60, if they aren't already.
Or is that why he is your Ex???It is about a 13 hour drive from Dallas I think but can be done.

topless
12-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Topless.
It sounds like you have a lot of alternatives, but if need be, I have a close friend just outside of Denver that said if you needed, she'd get the kids when she can get in the airport and take them to her place. SHe has 2 kids of her own (10 & 7) that they could hang w/ and play. I know her kids are a bit younger, but at least it's something to keep them occupied.
Sorry you are going through all of this, but this is going to be a great life lesson for them and make them strong adults...
BRA
Thats great! Thanks I'll let you know. They are pretty smart kids so I'm not too worried. (Ok, maybe just a little) I just don't want them in a hotel by themselves for that long.

No Name
12-21-2006, 11:17 AM
My X and I have been flying our kid alone for 14 years now. I just picked him up from Sky Harbor Tuesday; I don’t even go inside anymore. I just pick him up out front at the curb, he jumps in the truck and we go. He will be getting the curbside drop as well on the 5th.:D I guess that makes me a bad parent. :confused:
Hope everything turns out ok T.

topless
12-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Just got some great news! They are in a hotel right now and my ex's company got them a direct flight tomorrow night on American Airlines leaving at 9:45 pm. Looks like they can have their Christmas after all. Thank you guys for everything. You don't know how much it means to me.
Alison:)

AirtimeLavey
12-21-2006, 12:36 PM
Geez, what an ordeal. Glad it all worked out. :D

RitcheyRch
12-21-2006, 12:36 PM
Thats excellent news.
Just got some great news! They are in a hotel right now and my ex's company got them a direct flight tomorrow night on American Airlines leaving at 9:45 pm. Looks like they can have their Christmas after all. Thank you guys for everything. You don't know how much it means to me.

AzLakeLizard
12-21-2006, 12:49 PM
That is Fantastic news! :)

No Name
12-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Great news......;)

BarryMac
12-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Great news Ali... ;)

topless
12-21-2006, 01:01 PM
They are happy now. There is a big rec room at the hotel with computers and video games so the kids are now playing video games with other stranded kids there. They also have chaparones to make sure they don't get in trouble.

JB in so cal
12-21-2006, 01:04 PM
They are happy now. There is a big rec room at the hotel with computers and video games so the kids are now playing video games with other stranded kids there. They also have chaparones to make sure they don't get in trouble.
It sounds like camp:) They may not want to get on that plane.

topless
12-21-2006, 01:06 PM
It sounds like camp:) They may not want to get on that plane.I was thinking that too. :jawdrop:

Mike.A
12-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Great News, Glad everything worked out.

abraman1326
12-21-2006, 01:46 PM
That's great to hear. Guess we've all witnessed a little christmas miracle huh? Or is it Christmaka?
BRA

Devil's Advocate
12-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Good to hear things are working out now.:)

luvmyboat
12-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Alison; I know you to be a great, giving lady ('till crossed.....), I am THRILLED to read that everything worked out. What a spread of people, from the amazingly kind and thoughtfull....to ....well, the other side. I am so glad that I checked in here one last time....your good news made my day!
Mike
Merry Christmas!!

topless
12-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Alison; I know you to be a great, giving lady ('till crossed.....), I am THRILLED to read that everything worked out. What a spread of people, from the amazingly kind and thoughtfull....to ....well, the other side. I am so glad that I checked in here one last time....your good news made my day!
Mike
Merry Christmas!!Thanks Mike and best of the holidays to you and yours.
Alison

lucky
12-21-2006, 03:40 PM
yeeeee haaaaaa toppless - glad to hear all is well :) :D

shockwavebd
12-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Merry christmas...........................:D

JetBoatRich
12-21-2006, 03:53 PM
excellent news Ali:D good to hear it will be worked out on the trip there:D

Debbolas
12-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Great News :D