PDA

View Full Version : Like I said....Lakers are YOUNG and DEEP..

AirtimeLavey
12-20-2006, 07:16 PM
I said it a month ago, and some hater said I lacked cred....:rolleyes: Whatever. :D Great game by the bench. Nice to see Radman finding his game. Just need to see more consistent D. Nice game. Lake show still the best ticket in the NBA. :D :cool:

DILLIGAF
12-20-2006, 07:30 PM
I didn't see much of it but they ended with a 34-7 4th with pretty much the bench in. Ya, that is impressive but they are not the best ticket in the NBA Airtime. Lets not get carried away....lol

MR HARLEY
12-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Didnt they just lose 2 in a row? :confused: :confused:

Jyruiz
12-20-2006, 08:13 PM
I didn't see much of it but they ended with a 34-7 4th with pretty much the bench in. Ya, that is impressive but they are not the best ticket in the NBA Airtime. Lets not get carried away....lol
I don't think anybody said that. It was nice to see the bench step up, specially the way the Lakers have been playing as of late, with no heart, hustle or smarts.

DILLIGAF
12-20-2006, 08:22 PM
I don't think anybody said that. It was nice to see the bench step up, specially the way the Lakers have been playing as of late, with no heart, hustle or smarts.
Yes they did Juan......You think I make this shit up? Come on....
Lake show still the best ticket in the NBA. :D :cool:

Jyruiz
12-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Yes they did Juan......You think I make this shit up? Come on....
Damn, you are right, I didn't even see that. Guess I can't type and watch the Clipper game at the same time. My bad.

DILLIGAF
12-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Damn, you are right, I didn't even see that. Guess I can't type and watch the Clipper game at the same time. My bad.
Same here....lol And of course I am right :)

Jyruiz
12-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Same here....lol And of course I am right :)
Guess anything is possible. :D And why are the Clipps down by 9 to the damn Raptors?

DILLIGAF
12-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Guess anything is possible. :D And why are the Clipps down by 9 to the damn Raptors?
The Clips have fallen apart and look bad. I can't believe how much they have fallen from last year. When they started out this season they were winning games they shouldn't have but I thought they would improve. hasn't happened. I know the injuries have happened and so forth but I can't really put my finger on it. Maybe they did get big headed after last year...I just don't know. They are letting team afetr tean shoot 50% on them and you will lose most of the tme playing like that. Unless of course you play like PHX and of course they don't. At this point I would take the gloves of Livingston and let him run. He has been picking up his game but the team defense is just bad.....
Oh well...

Jyruiz
12-20-2006, 08:37 PM
The Clips have fallen apart and look bad. I can't believe how much they have fallen from last year. When they started out this season they were winning games they shouldn't have but I thought they would improve. hasn't happened. I know the injuries have happened and so forth but I can't really put my finger on it. Maybe they did get big headed after last year...I just don't know. They are letting team afetr tean shoot 50% on them and you will lose most of the tme playing like that. Unless of course you play like PHX and of course they don't. At this point I would take the gloves of Livingston and let him run. He has been picking up his game but the team defense is just bad.....
Oh well...
Yup, and when I disect the game, I even get more mad at how bad they are doing. It is best just to watch and hope for the best.

dmontzsta
12-20-2006, 09:11 PM
The Lakers bench bitch slapped Minnesota, IN Minnesota on the second night of a back to back WITHOUT Lamar! Good win for the Lakers. I called it out at the first pre-season game, but the haters had to say shit. 4 more road games to go and the Lakers are at 17-9. Radman is finally stepping it up!

a catered life
12-21-2006, 07:32 AM
I said it a month ago, and some hater said I lacked cred....:rolleyes: Whatever. :D Great game by the bench. Nice to see Radman finding his game. Just need to see more consistent D. Nice game. Lake show still the best ticket in the NBA. :D :cool:
let the facts be known.......

DILLIGAF
12-21-2006, 08:23 AM
if you could bend your knees a little, we'll get you up on this laker wagon if you want :idea: :) keyes
I appreciate the offer but it will NEVER happen Keyes :) The only people bending knees are the "bandwagon" LF's begging to get on...lol

dmontzsta
12-21-2006, 09:04 AM
I am going to lay off Tom a bit, cause I feel for him. When your team sucks it is a helpless feeling and upsets you. BUT, just remember this Tom, all the times you rubbed in the Lakers sucking in their rebuilding period!
I would be willing to bet that the Lakers bench.
Bynum/Turiaf
Radmanovic/Cook
Farmar
Vujacic
Evans
Would be able to beat the clippers. :idea:

DILLIGAF
12-21-2006, 09:16 AM
This is not intended for "Clackity Clack" but for any that doubt my resolve:
F THE LAKERS!
Just so we all understand where I am coming from.............lol

dmontzsta
12-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Garnett Comments:
Lakers 111, Timberwolves 94
There were a couple of jokes made after Wednesday's game about Kevin Garnett immediately demanding a trade after the Timberwolves' implosion. A couple of jokes also were made about the Lakers showcasing the package of Vladimir Radmanovic, Maurice Evans and Andrew Bynum they would offer Minnesota for Garnett.
On the serious side, that was an inspirational win for the Lakers, who won't play another set of back-to-back games on this long road trip. It had special meaning for Evans, who is close friends with Garnett from the rookie season he played with the Timberwolves.
``It was a great feeling because for me, I played here and Kevin Garnett's one of my best friends in the league and all that good stuff,'' Evans said. ``It's always great to beat a great friend and to play a good game. We needed this game. We're in the middle of a road trip, without Lamar (Odom), shorthanded. We needed a win and we got it.''
Evans finished with 15 points and hit 7 of 9 shots in 21 minutes. He also got some encouragement from Lakers coach Phil Jackson in the second half.
``At the end of the third, I thought Maurice was a little bit tentative with the basketball,'' Jackson said. ``I said, `Don't just stand there with the ball looking to make a pass in our offense.' You can active it by driving, which he did. He got going in the second half, started taking it to the hoop.''
For what it's worth, Garnett's postgame quotes made it sound as if he's done a lot of scouting and reading about the Lakers.
``Me, just being a student of the game,'' Garnett said, ``I've been reading that some of their last three games, Phil Jackson was getting mad at them because they were shooting a lot of 3s.''
Garnett was asked if he was surprised the Lakers made a run with Bryant out. He clearly saw some tape from the second quarter of Tuesday's game at Chicago, when the bench players helped build a lead.
``No,'' Garnett said, ``because they did the same thing in Chicago. When Kobe is in there he takes the majority of the shots. He tries to get the ball moving, but at the end of the day, he takes the bulk of the shots. He makes a lot of things happen with those shots. It's easy to guard a team when there's one guy and you have to focus on him and keep everybody under control.
``When you have four guys who can shoot the 3; Bynum played well, he was agressive and active in the middle. You have four shooters out there, two point guards in the game. They're scrappy, it's a good mix. You have to find a way to divert that and get them to do different things. Get them to go to the basket knowing they like to shoot 3s. It's hard to play a team that moves the ball.''
I still say the Lakers should not try and trade for Garnett. Why ruin what you have going? With Lamar back I can see this team beating any team in the NBA, if they just work at it. This will be a great playoff team, barring any other injuries.

Jyruiz
12-21-2006, 09:31 AM
This is not intended for "Clackity Clack" but for any that doubt my resolve:
F THE LAKERS!
Just so we all understand where I am coming from.............lol
Garnett Comments:
Lakers 111, Timberwolves 94
There were a couple of jokes made after Wednesday's game about Kevin Garnett immediately demanding a trade after the Timberwolves' implosion. A couple of jokes also were made about the Lakers showcasing the package of Vladimir Radmanovic, Maurice Evans and Andrew Bynum they would offer Minnesota for Garnett.
On the serious side, that was an inspirational win for the Lakers, who won't play another set of back-to-back games on this long road trip. It had special meaning for Evans, who is close friends with Garnett from the rookie season he played with the Timberwolves.
``It was a great feeling because for me, I played here and Kevin Garnett's one of my best friends in the league and all that good stuff,'' Evans said. ``It's always great to beat a great friend and to play a good game. We needed this game. We're in the middle of a road trip, without Lamar (Odom), shorthanded. We needed a win and we got it.''
Evans finished with 15 points and hit 7 of 9 shots in 21 minutes. He also got some encouragement from Lakers coach Phil Jackson in the second half.
``At the end of the third, I thought Maurice was a little bit tentative with the basketball,'' Jackson said. ``I said, `Don't just stand there with the ball looking to make a pass in our offense.' You can active it by driving, which he did. He got going in the second half, started taking it to the hoop.''
For what it's worth, Garnett's postgame quotes made it sound as if he's done a lot of scouting and reading about the Lakers.
``Me, just being a student of the game,'' Garnett said, ``I've been reading that some of their last three games, Phil Jackson was getting mad at them because they were shooting a lot of 3s.''
Garnett was asked if he was surprised the Lakers made a run with Bryant out. He clearly saw some tape from the second quarter of Tuesday's game at Chicago, when the bench players helped build a lead.
``No,'' Garnett said, ``because they did the same thing in Chicago. When Kobe is in there he takes the majority of the shots. He tries to get the ball moving, but at the end of the day, he takes the bulk of the shots. He makes a lot of things happen with those shots. It's easy to guard a team when there's one guy and you have to focus on him and keep everybody under control.
``When you have four guys who can shoot the 3; Bynum played well, he was agressive and active in the middle. You have four shooters out there, two point guards in the game. They're scrappy, it's a good mix. You have to find a way to divert that and get them to do different things. Get them to go to the basket knowing they like to shoot 3s. It's hard to play a team that moves the ball.''
I still say the Lakers should not try and trade for Garnett. Why ruin what you have going? With Lamar back I can see this team beating any team in the NBA, if they just work at it. This will be a great playoff team, barring any other injuries.
I would not trade for him either, just let him opt out of his contract after next season and let him come to the Lakers if he really wants to be an important piece of a championship team. The added growth of the current Lakers in another year and adding KG would definitely put them in contention.

dmontzsta
12-21-2006, 10:08 AM
I would not trade for him either, just let him opt out of his contract after next season and let him come to the Lakers if he really wants to be an important piece of a championship team. The added growth of the current Lakers in another year and adding KG would definitely put them in contention.
Good idea. I think KG would probably do it that way, I cannot see him demanding a trade, he seems like a loyal guy. If this is the case, the Lakers will have room to play in 2008, especially with Grants contract gone after this year, maybe Mihm and who knows what else by then.

eliminatedsprinter
12-21-2006, 10:13 AM
All of us who watched them last year knew that they were starting to get fun to watch again and should have known they would be good this year.:D

AirtimeLavey
12-21-2006, 12:07 PM
let the facts be known.......
You know it, brotha.....:D
clipper tom, let us "lf's" (as you call us) know if you would like us to help you take your "big-ole-harley" boot out of your mouth ...... :eek: the frosh/soph team is looking pathetic brother :confused: if you could bend your knees a little, we'll get you up on this laker wagon if you want keyes
LOL......he won't admit it, but he's watching one way or the other. I'm thinking closet LF. You can't like basketball, and not appreciate the Lakers. :cool: But then, that's why some of us can't watch a whole Clippers game...:sleeping:
I appreciate the offer but it will NEVER happen Keyes :) The only people bending knees are the "bandwagon" LF's begging to get on...lol
SEE ABOVE. :D
I am going to lay off Tom a bit, cause I feel for him. When your team sucks it is a helpless feeling and upsets you. BUT, just remember this Tom, all the times you rubbed in the Lakers sucking in their rebuilding period!
I would be willing to bet that the Lakers bench.
Bynum/Turiaf
Radmanovic/Cook
Farmar
Vujacic
Evans
Would be able to beat the clippers. :idea:
True, we know he's suffering, but then it's been a Clip's fan for a while, so he's got to be used to business as usual. The Clip's were built on how they're playing now. They're living up to their expectations, after a couple of fluke years. Laker bench would definitely beat the current Clippers. :D

DILLIGAF
12-21-2006, 12:16 PM
You know it, brotha.....:D
LOL......he won't admit it, but he's watching one way or the other. I'm thinking closet LF. You can't like basketball, and not appreciate the Lakers. :cool: But then, that's why some of us can't watch a whole Clippers game...:sleeping:
SEE ABOVE. :D
True, we know he's suffering, but then it's been a Clip's fan for a while, so he's got to be used to business as usual. The Clip's were built on how they're playing now. They're living up to their expectations, after a couple of fluke years. Laker bench would definitely beat the current Clippers. :D
Like I said...The Lakers are playing their best ball right now.
Take all your shots at me you want concerning the Clips. I can take it as it really isn't that important in my life. Gives me something to argue with you bonehead LF's from time to time....lol
Suffering is when something in LIFE is going wrong. Not a Clippers loss.
Enjoy your ride LF's.......They are playing as well as they can right now.

Jyruiz
12-21-2006, 12:22 PM
Poor Tom, he really is taking a beating, what goes around comes around I guess. I don't think the Lakers are playing there best ball yet, they don't have LO back and have to many TO's and mental lapses. I think their best ball will come right around the All Star break.

dmontzsta
12-21-2006, 12:27 PM
You keep saying they are playing their best ball, then when they do play their best ball you will be blown away.
If they had not lost LO, they would have 3 more wins for sure. Once Brown wakes up and realizes he is strong, Radman continues with his performances like last night, you will see their best ball.

Jyruiz
12-21-2006, 12:29 PM
You keep saying they are playing their best ball, then when they do play their best ball you will be blown away.
If they had not lost LO, they would have 3 more wins for sure. Once Brown wakes up and realizes he is strong, Radman continues with his performances like last night, you will see their best ball.
Not to mention that Sasha and cook are starting to come around. The main thing though, is to keep the TO's down, they keep the TO's below 15 and it will be really hard for them to loose.

AirtimeLavey
12-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Like I said...The Lakers are playing their best ball right now.
Take all your shots at me you want concerning the Clips. I can take it as it really isn't that important in my life. Gives me something to argue with you bonehead LF's from time to time....lol
Suffering is when something in LIFE is going wrong. Not a Clippers loss.
Enjoy your ride LF's.......They are playing as well as they can right now.
;) It's all in fun, although I didn't care much for your crediblity shot at me a month or two ago. :yuk: I'm just opening your eyes a little. :D
It's only a game, as sometimes we have to remind a few of the guys I play b-ball with. Some guys take that shiat so serious, it's funny. We mostly end up laughing at them. :D
Poor Tom, he really is taking a beating, what goes around comes around I guess. I don't think the Lakers are playing there best ball yet, they don't have LO back and have to many TO's and mental lapses. I think their best ball will come right around the All Star break.
Yep, he's got it coming with every "F-the Lakers", he just begs for it. :crossx:
As for Laker play, I agree. I also think they'll get their defense dialed in a little better and more consistently. When they do, they'll go far.

h2oski2fast
12-21-2006, 12:59 PM
clipper tom, let us "lf's" (as you call us) know if you would like us to help you take your "big-ole-harley" boot out of your mouth ...... :eek: the frosh/soph team is looking pathetic brother :confused: if you could bend your knees a little, we'll get you up on this laker wagon if you want :idea: :) keyes
Shit D-no, some of the things come up with make me laugh.:) :) :)

dmontzsta
12-21-2006, 01:31 PM
Not to mention that Sasha and cook are starting to come around. The main thing though, is to keep the TO's down, they keep the TO's below 15 and it will be really hard for them to loose.
True, do you think they have a shot at the title if...
1. They all stay healthy / no injuries.
2. They keep shooting the ball as well as they have.
3. Clamp down on the Defense just a little more.
4. Be more careful with the ball, lessen the turnovers.
? I sure do. :D

Jyruiz
12-21-2006, 01:41 PM
I don't think they have a shot at the title, even if they do all that. Their team is not that experience, one reason they could not finish off the Suns last year. And one first tuff 1st round exit out of the playoffs does not give you enough experience to win it all either. If they do all that, they will be a better team and make other teams not want to play the Lakers, but I sitll don't see enough to be able to go thru the Mavs, Spurs in a seven game series.

eliminatedsprinter
12-21-2006, 02:14 PM
I'd change this a bit to...
1. Stay healthy
2. Keep shooting well outside and have Bynam and Brown keep improving inside.
3. Work harder without the ball, esp on defense.
4. Play their positions and pass better.

dmontzsta
12-21-2006, 02:42 PM
I don't think they have a shot at the title, even if they do all that. Their team is not that experience, one reason they could not finish off the Suns last year. And one first tuff 1st round exit out of the playoffs does not give you enough experience to win it all either. If they do all that, they will be a better team and make other teams not want to play the Lakers, but I sitll don't see enough to be able to go thru the Mavs, Spurs in a seven game series.
Good point, but it is the NBA. The Lakers showed they are not afraid of San Antonio and you never know if they could pull it off...they have the most experience and motivation in the NBA on the floor (Phil Jackson). Dallas is tougher than San Antonio IMO, if Dirk is gone they fall to pieces. LO should be able to contain Dirk, so that he does not go off.

Jyruiz
12-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Good point, but it is the NBA. The Lakers showed they are not afraid of San Antonio and you never know if they could pull it off...they have the most experience and motivation in the NBA on the floor (Phil Jackson). Dallas is tougher than San Antonio IMO, if Dirk is gone they fall to pieces. LO should be able to contain Dirk, so that he does not go off.
Yeah, but Phil Jackson is not on the court playing and what a team does during the regular season usually does not mean anything in the playoffs. Talent and experience usually mean everything in the playoffs, and the Lakers only have talent at this point and not enough experience.

dmontzsta
12-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Yeah, but Phil Jackson is not on the court playing and what a team does during the regular season usually does not mean anything in the playoffs. Talent and experience usually mean everything in the playoffs, and the Lakers only have talent at this point and not enough experience.
You are a ****ing hater and you are talking out of your ass at this point. The Lakers WILL win a championship and repeat it the next year! You do not know what you are talking about, just you wait and see...it will be like a slap in the face with a glove. :)

Jyruiz
12-21-2006, 03:17 PM
You are a ****ing hater and you are talking out of your ass at this point. The Lakers WILL win a championship and repeat it the next year! You do not know what you are talking about, just you wait and see...it will be like a slap in the face with a glove. :)
LMAO!! Guess THE TRUTH hurts.:D

DILLIGAF
12-21-2006, 04:42 PM
;) It's all in fun, although I didn't care much for your crediblity shot at me a month or two ago. :yuk: I'm just opening your eyes a little. :D
It's only a game, as sometimes we have to remind a few of the guys I play b-ball with. Some guys take that shiat so serious, it's funny. We mostly end up laughing at them. :D
Yep, he's got it coming with every "F-the Lakers", he just begs for it. :crossx:
As for Laker play, I agree. I also think they'll get their defense dialed in a little better and more consistently. When they do, they'll go far.
Anybody want to put their money where their mouth is?
The Lakers will not win the NBA title this year. I have a $1,000. to bet. Any of you guys want to take me up on it? Before you make the bet...trust me, it will be one bet I will expect to collect on. Just so there is no mis-communication.

DILLIGAF
12-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Shit D-no, some of the things come up with make me laugh.:) :) :)
He was talking out of his ass when he said that one.....lol

DILLIGAF
12-21-2006, 04:44 PM
LMAO!! Guess THE TRUTH hurts.:D
See...now you LF's have to argue amongst yourselves :) Excuse me some of you cackle.....

Jyruiz
12-21-2006, 04:46 PM
See...now you LF's have to argue amongst yourselves :) Excuse me some of you cackle.....
I don't think we are arguing, just having a friendly debate with my fellow Laker Fans.:)

DILLIGAF
12-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Hey Laker Fans...Make an easy $1,000. here:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136370

dmontzsta
12-21-2006, 05:23 PM
I don't think we are arguing, just having a friendly debate with my fellow Laker Fans.:)
Yup, that is it. Poor Tom, he is in sad shape right now.

AZJD
12-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Borrowing a title from a previous thread! Oh no, Don't look now! The Suns have won 15 in a row!
This is not hate, it's just the way it is! They are too deep off the bench! No one will challenge them now that they have hit their stride!

DILLIGAF
12-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Borrowing a title from a previous thread! Oh no, Don't look now! The Suns have won 15 in a row!
This is not hate, it's just the way it is! They are too deep off the bench! No one will challenge them now that they have hit their stride!
I would not bet against PHX at this point :)

Jyruiz
12-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Cool, another great season by the Suns, hopefully this will be the year they actually get over the hump.

AirtimeLavey
12-22-2006, 08:16 PM
Bench did it again! Wtf w/the broadcast at the end? Nice to see the energy coming off the bench. Bring on the Heat! :D

Jyruiz
12-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Bench did it again! Wtf w/the broadcast at the end? Nice to see the energy coming off the bench. Bring on the Heat! :D
I saw that, but the game was tape delay and they play the same segment by mistake.