pattymelt18
12-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Ya I bet your really shakin in your boots:rolleyes:
i was thinking the same thing.

Mike D..
12-21-2006, 05:16 PM
:idea: Where are the pics? You've got us all nervous about next season
:lightsabe
Shouldn`t have you nervous, my deal is going to be a river deal, plus your deal is dialed going to take a while to run with your crew.;) as for progress the boat is flipped over at shoes now. Bottoms getting a good massage ,saturday we should finish with the bottom, intake is in and pump is done. I`ve got most of my parts and engine should be here at end of january, I sure hope that the boys that are helping me didn`t forget how to make one of these go fast. I`ll post pics of bottom when its done and some more when its back up right. So what are you doing to your rig this year rumor is your up to something too::

Cs19
12-21-2006, 09:51 PM
You got some good guys helpin you out Mike.. Shoemaker used to run HARD in daytona's, I'm sure the thing is gona haul the mail!!! Id really like to see some pics of that thing, or maybe come take a look at it in person. What intake did you end up using and what is the engine combination if you dont mind telling, no big deal if you would rather not say.
Nothing too fancy on my boat, a little set up work and some routine engine maintenence thats about it. Doin' everything myself so Ive got alot to do, stressin' on being ready for Spring a little right now.
Keep us posted
Chris.

TRG
12-21-2006, 10:27 PM
:idea:
Shouldn`t have you nervous, my deal is going to be a river deal, plus your deal is dialed going to take a while to run with your crew.;) as for progress the boat is flipped over at shoes now. Bottoms getting a good massage ,saturday we should finish with the bottom, intake is in and pump is done. I`ve got most of my parts and engine should be here at end of january, I sure hope that the boys that are helping me didn`t forget how to make one of these go fast. I`ll post pics of bottom when its done and some more when its back up right. So what are you doing to your rig this year rumor is your up to something too::
Mike D, didnt i meet you @ Elsinore for the Photoshoot? (blue-n-white Gullwing?)
I was out there with my buddys purple-n-white flamed TPR Stealth (Twitchy bastard:))
If not,..seasons greetings,...tell us more about your boat, lotta new boats out nowadays, good to see more hot rods around these days!
Todd

TRG
12-21-2006, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=cs19;2306580]
Nothing too fancy on my boat,
HEEYA RIGHT!!! Your boat is one of the hardest boats runnin' on the water these days PAL!...whatever you say there...BUCKO!
Le'roy Parnell jenkins II (AKA Todd)

Cs19
12-21-2006, 10:44 PM
lotta new boats out nowadays, good to see more hot rods around these days!
Todd
Couldnt agree more, love seeing people building new hotrods.
Mike D.'s 19 cp is spectacular, cant wait to see the picklefork.. Im sure it will be another beatiful piece.

lil man wayne
12-22-2006, 06:26 AM
Hey mike D are you going to name it Brass Monkey? :) :D

Taylorman
12-22-2006, 06:30 AM
Mike, what did you guys end up with last month in CO? We ended up with 6. Had a blast. Sorry to hi jack this thread. Put up some pics of that Daytona will ya.

Mike D..
12-22-2006, 06:34 AM
Hey mike D are you going to name it Brass Monkey? :) :D
Yes!!!

Mike D..
12-22-2006, 06:41 AM
Mike D, didnt i meet you @ Elsinore for the Photoshoot? (blue-n-white Gullwing?)
I was out there with my buddys purple-n-white flamed TPR Stealth (Twitchy bastard:))
If not,..seasons greetings,...tell us more about your boat, lotta new boats out nowadays, good to see more hot rods around these days!
Todd
Yes I meet you at elsinore and i have the 19 ft gulwing, That was for sure a day I won`t forget soon. Damn money shoot on that day. I`m not sure what I`m going to do with Gulwing just yet, but the new boat is going together quicker than I thought it would, I`ll post pics after the holidays

Mike D..
12-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Mike, what did you guys end up with last month in CO? We ended up with 6. Had a blast. Sorry to hi jack this thread. Put up some pics of that Daytona will ya.
we ended up with 8 and one big buck,
Bottom was being blue printed today when i went by, Damn camera battery was dead sure are doing a nice job that Bennet is one smart guy, I sure hope he doesn`t mind me asking questions while hes trying to work, trust me I must sound like a parrot. I sure hope he hands down all that data before he retires from the boat industry. Sure going to be a nice river boat !!!:D

Cs19
12-24-2006, 01:41 AM
Bennet is one smart guy, I sure hope he doesn`t mind me asking questions while hes trying to work, trust me I must sound like a parrot. I sure hope he hands down all that data before he retires from the boat industry.
We are lucky to have guys like Jeff involved in this stuff !!
Im definatly not going to underestimate this thing, no doubt it will be a strong piece. More than anything Im just stoked to hear there will be some new stuff on the river next year. Its always fun to race around with you guys.
Chris.

Mike D..
12-24-2006, 02:58 PM
We are lucky to have guys like Jeff involved in this stuff !!
Im definatly not going to underestimate this thing, no doubt it will be a strong piece. More than anything Im just stoked to hear there will be some new stuff on the river next year. Its always fun to race around with you guys.
Chris.
Its an addictive sport thats for sure, sure have meet alot of good people in this sport, sure have made a lot of good friends also! Happy Holidays will be sure to post new info as it happens. Thanxs to all

pattymelt18
12-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Damn camera battery was dead sure are doing a nice job that Bennet is one smart guy, I sure hope he doesn`t mind me asking questions while hes trying to work, trust me I must sound like a parrot. I sure hope he hands down all that data before he retires from the boat industry. Sure going to be a nice river boat !!!:D
thats why my boat always takes two days one for all the questions and one for him to work. good luck.

Cs19
01-18-2007, 10:19 PM
I`ll post pics after the holidays
Which holiday are we waiting for?
:D

Mike D..
01-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Which holiday are we waiting for?
Easter !!!! just been busy! boats back at lavey getting some touch ups then jeff will blend the bottom to the intake, motor gets dynoed soon, pumps done I guess I better get going instead of runnin of every weekend, I`ll be by mon or tues to pick up the data aqusition unit. will post pic when comes back from Lavey

Cs19
01-18-2007, 10:35 PM
I wont hold my breath!! :D
Sounds like it coming along Mike, glad to hear it. See you soon.
CS

Slow Burn
01-19-2007, 07:38 PM
Can't wait to see the latest pic's.
So, when you say "river deal"...........:D

Cs19
01-19-2007, 08:47 PM

Mike D..
01-19-2007, 09:36 PM
:D Can't wait to see the latest pic's.
slow burn this boat is going to have 2 seats and a small NA motor, maybe a small touch of Nos, the set up will be for the river. just another trailer queen. So hows your deal coming is the motor back together and in the boat?

Cs19
01-19-2007, 09:46 PM
slow burn this boat is going to have 2 seats and a small NA motor, maybe a small touch of Nos, the set up will be for the river. just another trailer queen. So hows your deal coming is the motor back together and in the boat?
Uh you left out the part about the pontiac heads..
:)

Cs19
01-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Mike you should hit the season opener at NJBA and get to workin' on the set up. Its always a fun time.

Mike D..
01-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Mike you should hit the season opener at NJBA and get to workin' on the set up. Its always a fun time.
We are sure trying to make the show, it will be interesting to see how close we come. If all goes well it shouldn`t be a problam. Going to shoes to take some pics right now!!!! bottom should be done this weekend

Slow Burn
01-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Mike,
Motors almost back together, no changes...:jawdrop:
We're 2nd or 3rd in line over MPD to get the new diverter system and transom plate installed. So Chris, see ya soon.
If all goes well, hope to be testing in the lagoon by Easter weekend.:D

Mike D..
01-26-2007, 02:16 PM
These were taken last week. It's a little further along now. Should be going to Batista's underground lair soon for some fab work. Shoe, Bennett & Lavey have done an awesome job so far...............
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/12690107ARS.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/12690107BRS.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/12690107CRS.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/12690107DRS.jpg
I'll post some more as it progresses...............:D

Mike D..
01-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Mike,
Motors almost back together, no changes...:jawdrop:
We're 2nd or 3rd in line over MPD to get the new diverter system and transom plate installed. So Chris, see ya soon.
Good call on the transom plate, will be good to get that dogloo and worthless light off the transom........

RIVERTIME247
01-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Hey Mike...i Was Out At Shoes Yesterday And Got To See Your Boat Up Close And Gotta Say She Looks Sweet ! Damn Nice

Cs19
01-27-2007, 09:52 AM
got any pics of that motor Mike?:)
Nice stuff, thanks for the pics.

Mike D..
01-28-2007, 10:28 PM
got any pics of that motor Mike?:)
Nice stuff, thanks for the pics.
In do time wouldn`t want to lay out all the cards just yet

Mike D..
01-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Hey Mike...i Was Out At Shoes Yesterday And Got To See Your Boat Up Close And Gotta Say She Looks Sweet ! Damn Nice
Thank you I`m very pleased with every thing so far,

Cs19
01-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Mike D's getting sawed off in 2007 according to my crystal ball.:D

Mike D..
01-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Mike D's getting sawed off in 2007 according to my crystal ball.:D
you must be seeing the cp in that crystal ball,better look again, better get a bigger saw !!!! or a new crstal ball, So is your boat up side down yet??

Cs19
01-28-2007, 11:18 PM
LMAO. just messin around Mike.
no its still right side up, the bottom deal is a minor job though, its been done before just needs a tune up. Other stuff is taking up my time right now, freaking buried in too many projects.:mad: :)
where are the motor pics?

steelcomp
01-28-2007, 11:21 PM
These were taken last week. It's a little further along now. Should be going to Batista's underground lair soon for some fab work. Shoe, Bennett & Lavey have done an awesome job so far...............
Hmmm....those fins look familiar. :idea:
Looking good, there. :D
Is that keel flat???

Cs19
01-28-2007, 11:31 PM
I see you guys hung the intake all the way out the back, Im thinking about trying something like that.
Did Jeff say anything about the size of the reliefs on the center sponson? Will they stay like that or will he restore them to their original size?

steelcomp
01-29-2007, 12:01 AM
I see you guys hung the intake all the way out the back, Im thinking about trying something like that.
Did Jeff say anything about the size of the reliefs on the center sponson? Will they stay like that or will he restore them to their original size?Dosen't yours sit about that far out already?

RCB19
01-29-2007, 01:23 AM
:lightsabe

Dogballs
01-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Lookin real good! Think she'll be done in time for the 1st. Power Tour, 3rd weekend in April? It would be nice to see a fresh one on the water.

Goad
01-29-2007, 09:15 AM
looks great....keep us updated on the progress!
cant wait to see this bad boy run.
-Goad

Cs19
01-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Dosen't yours sit about that far out already?
Hes got a low profile, Ive got a std. berk 4 degree, it appears we have the same amount of setback but its decieving, in order to get his intake out the back that far they had to cut out the rear portion of the hull. I did not do that on mine and still have the cleanout hanging out the back.If I went to a low profile and wanted to keep the suction in the same place as it is now I would be forced to do the same thing.
You already know this but when you go to a low profile deal the suction moves forward about 2.250" on the intake.

Cs19
01-29-2007, 09:22 AM
You bolting a pop off to that bad boy Mike? Almost looks like you guys machined it for a valve.:confused:

Mike D..
01-29-2007, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=cs19;2363353]I see you guys hung the intake all the way out the back, Im thinking about trying something like that.
Did Jeff say anything about the size of the reliefs on the center sponson?
The bottom has been completely tooled by jeff, pretty much what you see hear is the finish, minus a few finishing touches.There is a pop off going on the jet. I hope to have her in the water by pt1. Boat is back on trailer up right and going to get started on the rigging. Going to shop now will take a few more pics with boat sitting on trailer.
Cs please let jack know I`m coming to get my parts just real busy should be there tues.

Mike D..
01-29-2007, 09:59 AM
Hmmm....those fins look familiar. :idea:
Looking good, there. :D
Is that keel flat???
No, boat started with a rounded keel you just can`t see it from that angle, was told that the keel design is different for different applications,

steelcomp
01-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Hes got a low profile, Ive got a std. berk 4 degree, it appears we have the same amount of setback but its decieving, in order to get his intake out the back that far they had to cut out the rear portion of the hull. I did not do that on mine and still have the cleanout hanging out the back.If I went to a low profile and wanted to keep the suction in the same place as it is now I would be forced to do the same thing.
You already know this but when you go to a low profile deal the suction moves forward about 2.250" on the intake.Yeah, I was looking at a pic of yours after I posted this...see what you mean.

Cs19
01-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Lets see some more pics of this deal!
:)

WG789
01-30-2007, 04:48 AM
Mike,
It depends what you mean by small ? small as in under 700 cubes :sqeyes:

Mike D..
01-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Mike,
It depends what you mean by small ? small as in under 700 cubes :sqeyes:
I can honestly say under 700, lets just say bigger than the one in the cp by about 60 cubes, So your next. I know your dieing to get in the game, so do I have to worry about the cheadle 19 this year????;)

WG789
01-31-2007, 11:21 AM
I can honestly say under 700, lets just say bigger than the one in the cp by about 60 cubes, So your next. I know your dieing to get in the game, so do I have to worry about the cheadle 19 this year????;)
Mike we are going to put a ski tow on it so you can ski behind it other than that I put a new drain in the oil pan to make it easy to drain the oil.:)

Mike D..
01-31-2007, 03:34 PM
:rolleyes: Mike we are going to put a ski tow on it so you can ski behind it other than that I put a new drain in the oil pan to make it easy to drain the oil.:)
:rolleyes: I thought I heard rumor bigger cam shaft? lets see you took it a part just for inspection? you car guys a terrible poker players, you would never let your boys suck hind tit. Plus I saw you drive that thing, you want more too !!! Damn if your not going to bolt up that big motor in there boat I know a boat that has room.