PDA

View Full Version : Did You Get Your Multi-Million $ Bonus

dirty old man
12-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Did you see where the Goldman Sacks CEO got a bonus of $53,000,000 and the CEO of Morgan Stanley got $40,000,000? I'm glad my portfolio's aren't with either of those firms
I got the usual Christmas goose

Rexone
12-21-2006, 08:30 AM
I try not to spend my hard earned money with companies in any industry that do that shit. Kind of has a way of making me feel I might have been overcharged. ;)

wsuwrhr
12-21-2006, 08:31 AM
I try not to spend my hard earned money with companies in any industry that do that shit. Kind of has a way of making me feel I might have been overcharged. ;)
ya think?

wsuwrhr
12-21-2006, 08:32 AM
a BONUS of 40 million.
nice

Daytona100
12-21-2006, 08:42 AM
I get a HAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Havasu_Dreamin
12-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Goldman Sachs also had a record profit for the year of $9.5 BILLION.

wright27
12-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Last year I got a $2000, this year I got a $50 gift certificate to Big 5. I feel like Clark Griswold. It is time to quit working here. I made the company just over 12 million this year from my accounts. What a slap in the face.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-21-2006, 08:51 AM
We don't get Christmas bonuses.....

Kilrtoy
12-21-2006, 08:54 AM
What the HELL IS A CHRISTMAS BONUS
Be happy if they give you $5, they arent required to give you shit:devil:

tcook33
12-21-2006, 08:55 AM
I gave a few out.....:eek:

wsuwrhr
12-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Goldman Sachs also had a record profit for the year of $9.5 BILLION.
Like Rexie said, perhaps someones were overcharged. haha
Brian

tcook33
12-21-2006, 08:56 AM
they arent required to give you shit:devil:
Hence the word "bonus".

wsuwrhr
12-21-2006, 08:57 AM
My company didn't give out shit this year, or last year, or the year before that.
I am just happy I am able to live in the house I bought.
Brian

catman-do
12-21-2006, 09:00 AM
We get a bonus. Wont disclose how much, but its enough to make me happy for the holidays. I have my portfolio with Smith Barney, and Glaxo. Plus a private account with etrade on the side. You've also got to remember that those CEO's dont give out the bonuses the board does, which is usually made up of investors. So if the board approves 40 mill then obviously the guy has been making his investors some major $.

Kilrtoy
12-21-2006, 09:13 AM
Hence the word "bonus".
I got your bonus buddy boy

superdave013
12-21-2006, 09:22 AM
well I managed to wrangle myself a lil bonus this year.
Seeing as this is my first year of full time self employment I'm pretty happy with it. :)

Trailer Park Casanova
12-21-2006, 09:29 AM
I s#it you not, wife just walked in with a hospital blanket for a Christmas bonus.
I was gonna post a pic,, nah,,,
Rex, ya won't have to question if they're overcharging ya at her hospital.

superdave013
12-21-2006, 09:52 AM
My company didn't give out shit this year, or last year, or the year before that.
I am just happy I am able to live in the house I bought.
Brian
but let's say you hire some guy. And that guy (and his team) increases your profit by $9.5 BILLION. Would you give out a bonus then?

Hardly Satisfied
12-21-2006, 09:55 AM
We don't get Christmas bonuses.....
We don'y either :( :(

wsuwrhr
12-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Buddy,
I would DEFINITELY break them off a chunk for sure.
9 billion though, doubtful.
Brian
but let's say you hire some guy. And that guy (and his team) increases your profit by $9.5 BILLION. Would you give out a bonus then?

dirty old man
12-21-2006, 10:09 AM
wright, you need to talk to the boss

wright27
12-21-2006, 10:43 AM
wright, you need to talk to the boss
I do not need the job anymore. My business is up and running very strong. I have used all I have been taught in my industry and have applied it to my own company. It was just so easy to stay and collect the check.
It is hard to give up a six figure income when you do not have to. It is time to focus more on my company. I will be quiting after new years. That feels so good to say.:D

XtrmWakeborder
12-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Not a dime this year.. neither did the g/f. Good thing i'm starting a new job Jan 4th!!!

Kilrtoy
12-21-2006, 12:16 PM
And they say GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE'S have an ENTITLEMENT ATTITUDE

h2oski2fast
12-21-2006, 12:31 PM
What the HELL IS A CHRISTMAS BONUS
Be happy if they give you $5, they arent required to give you shit:devil:
It's an extra dozen of Krispy Kreams to you.

Biglue
12-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Glad I have a good paying job for one. I get treated well and I have plenty of freedom here. A bonus is always nice but not a big enough deal to make me bitter about not getting one. BTW, this is the first year we're going to see bonuses.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-21-2006, 12:55 PM
And they say GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE'S have an ENTITLEMENT ATTITUDE
I agree. Sure don't understand why people feel like they are owed a Christmas bonus. All the company owes you is a paycheck, anything above that, regardless of the size, is apprecaited but certianly should not be expected.....

Kilrtoy
12-21-2006, 12:56 PM
I agree. Sure don't understand why people feel like they are owed a Christmas bonus. All the company owes you is a paycheck, anything above that, regardless of the size, is apprecaited but certianly should not be expected.....
Ok im back and where the hell is my K.K.'s:D

Big Warlock
12-21-2006, 12:58 PM
Amen!!!

ratso
12-21-2006, 12:59 PM
I give them out, based upon what kind of year we have.

welk2party
12-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Gave my two employess gol clubs for a bonus...does that count? They were stoked to get them too.

OutCole'd
12-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Totally agree, and don't we go through this same subject ever year?:confused:

Havasu_Dreamin
12-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Totally agree, and don't we go through this same sublect ever year?:confused:
I believe so.....

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
12-21-2006, 01:36 PM
i didn't give my people bonuses this year and its for the simple reason that none of the goals we set on Jan 1, 06 were met. Moreover, my controller tells me about one of my sales guys bitching about not getting bonused this year and she laid into him about his lack of production.
i did however, give them paid leave between xmas and new years. Is that of any value to an employee?

wright27
12-21-2006, 01:59 PM
I agree, I do not feel I am owed a bonus, BUT when you get a bonus every year (the last 5 years for me), and your company has there biggest year ever and you don't receive one. It sucks!!!!

ratso
12-21-2006, 02:06 PM
I agree, I do not feel I am owed a bonus, BUT when you get a bonus every year (the last 5 years for me), and your company has there biggest year ever and you don't receive one. It sucks!!!!
I do agree with that. I worked for a company for years and our bonuses were always 1K to 10K depending on the year. His son eventually took over, and we got an envelope with $50 in it. Needless to say, after I used up all my vacation in January, I was gone.

KLEPTOW
12-21-2006, 03:57 PM
I don't know about anybody else on here, but I'm owed what they agreed to pay me when i signed my at will employment agreement.
That included xxxxxx salary, bounes, plus stock options clearly defined in our agreement.
F*cken company's not growing at 24% a year because the board of directors meet 4 times a year.

YeLLowBoaT
12-21-2006, 04:03 PM
I've only ever gotten one xmas bonus...

beer truck
12-21-2006, 04:08 PM
We give out xmas bonuses to the managers, and gift cards to f/t employees. One of my new asst managers had the balls to complain when we took the taxes out of her paycheck for the two cash bonuses she recieved last week.
(new store opening bonus, and xmas bonus)
Not sure what type of bonuses they give in the unemployment line, she may be finding out real soon.

Sportin' Wood
12-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Funny I have a few sour employee's right now because I'm the reason they CAN'T buy gifts for the kids.." I was depending on a bonus" My partner said the same thing to each of them, I was depending on you to do your job, Whatta you gonna give me for losing us money? LOL and they say I'm the grinch.:D
Merry xmas- get back to work!:)

dragboat
12-21-2006, 06:41 PM
I give an extra weeks pay as a bonus. To everyone (11 this year), regardless as to when they started, every year, no matter what. They seem to like it. It helps pay for their Christmas expences.

shueman
12-21-2006, 07:14 PM
I got a $50 GC and a 1099 to go with it....:mad:

Havasu_Dreamin
12-21-2006, 07:21 PM
I don't know about anybody else on here, but I'm owed what they agreed to pay me when i signed my at will employment agreement.
That included xxxxxx salary, bounes, plus stock options clearly defined in our agreement.
If you had a signed employment agreement that included bonuses, specifically a Christmas bonus, then you can complain as that is a binding contract. Everyone else that expects it or was depending on it should learn to not expect or depend on bonuses as they are not required to be given.....Reminds of people that live for their HUGE tax refund, they expect it. Yeah, go ahead and expect it and let the government earn interest on your money for 12 months and then give it back to you.....
I got a $50 GC and a 1099 to go with it....:mad:
Sadly, that is the law I believe..... I'm not 100% sure if that would be considered supplemental wages or not. Hopefully not as the taxes on supplemental wages, last time I checked, were somewhere around 42%. :jawdrop:

cxr133
12-21-2006, 07:24 PM
ALl i know is that if ***boat gave bonuses to postwhores...
there would be a few 40,000,000.00 handed out around here:eek: :D

tcook33
12-21-2006, 07:43 PM
I got your bonus buddy boy
I doubt it. I don't have your address. Plus I wouldn't have given myself a dictionary, I already know how to spell.
Ask the yard duty or the crossing guard.....it may have been one of them.
Oh, and Happy Holidays.:cool:

vdriver4ever
12-21-2006, 08:24 PM
ARE WE TALKING CHRISTMAS BONUS OR YEAR END BONUS?
So many people hear about someone's Christmas bonus and they think they got shafted because they got a gift certificate!
I give out 4th quarter profit bonuses to the management staff that happen to come around Christmas. This is my agreement with them. The rest of the 100 co-workers get extra paid time off, gift certificates and so fourth as a Christmas bonus.
In my company they are two different things completely. Oh by the way the management staff get the same gift certificates too.

Miss Perfect
12-21-2006, 08:39 PM
My company usually gives out Christmas Bonuses, at least they have for the last 5 years. I would not be bitter nor mad if I did not get one, I would however be disappointed and wonder what I did wrong to screw it up. If a company sets a standard of giving out bonuses year after year then they should continue it or give an explanation of why they were not going to give them out for that year (profits down, expenses up, goals not met...). It would save a lot of hard feelings.

wright27
12-22-2006, 07:17 AM
My company usually gives out Christmas Bonuses, at least they have for the last 5 years. I would not be bitter nor mad if I did not get one, I would however be disappointed and wonder what I did wrong to screw it up. If a company sets a standard of giving out bonuses year after year then they should continue it or give an explanation of why they were not going to give them out for that year (profits down, expenses up, goals not met...). It would save a lot of hard feelings.
I agree. I got the shaft this year and the only place I am complaining is here on Hot Boat. I called the president of the company and said thank you and wished him and his family a Merry Christmas.

98 Vector 21
12-22-2006, 07:37 AM
I have a X-Mas Boner! I gave it to the wife on top of her $750.00 she gets....

OutCole'd
12-22-2006, 07:46 AM
I have a X-Mas Boner! I gave it to the wife on top of her $750.00 she gets....
Congrats, sounds like a win win to me.:D

Dave C
12-22-2006, 08:46 AM
I never understood those not giving out x-mas bonus. :confused:
At least a few hundy for the totally worthless ones and those that are not producers. its good for moral.
I would give the producers a piece of their action too.

CornWater
12-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Mother F'n nothing....:mad: VP's been out 4 months with health issues, and owner/pres in Mexico two weeks every month, and I'm next in command. Without me they're eating Top Ramen... :confused:

Sportin' Wood
12-22-2006, 09:16 PM
Mother F'n nothing....:mad: VP's been out 4 months with health issues, and owner/pres in Mexico two weeks every month, and I'm next in command. Without me they're eating Top Ramen... :confused:
Really? Fawk em and be the competition then. See what its like and give your people the fat bone-us!