PDA

View Full Version : Wake Board Stores??

nodigg
12-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Anyone know of a store in Southern California or Havasu that has a good selection of wake boards this time of year?

Trailer Park Casanova
12-21-2006, 09:05 AM
The best store I ever found was the Tige' store in Corona.
They are the first place to start.
I think Wake World is in Palmdale or Klancaster is still in Biz.
Mike Macks in Parker is a clip joint.
I like Mike,, but the store is brutally expensive. Outta line with reality.
Some shops will try and talk you into dead stock that won't fit your needs ,, So eyes wide open to what you want.
Online works good too.

nodigg
12-21-2006, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the input. I think I will try Tige' today.

NOTALENT
12-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Check the stores for what you want, but buy online. Alot cheaper that way. I have used www.buywake.com alot and they rock. That reminds me....I need a new wakeboard...:D

nodigg
12-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Thanks again. Trying to pick for my son is tough! Any thoughts?? He has been using his beginner strap on board for too many seasons now. Time for a personal board. He's already got the 180/360 thing down but wants to start doing bigger tricks this spring.

slink
12-21-2006, 09:15 AM
The best store I ever found was the Tige' store in Corona.
They are the first place to start.
I think Wake World is in Palmdale or Klancaster is still in Biz.
Mike Macks in Parker is a clip joint.
I like Mike,, but the store is brutally expensive. Outta line with reality.
Some shops will try and talk you into dead stock that won't fit your needs ,, So eyes wide open to what you want.
Online works good too.
Also agree w/ Tige' in Corona..................plus it's close(to me). They do have a large selection and a knowledgable staff. Got my boy's board there last year. They're right off the 15frwy at Hidden Valley Parkway.

Trailer Park Casanova
12-21-2006, 09:16 AM
If you're buying boots, some of the new ones have a slick teflon like lining eliminating the need for slime and the hassle putting the boot on.
I bought all the kids slimeless bindings/boots and the kids love them.
FYI
Also, Buywake gave us superfast service, but being this close to Christmas, I imagine it's a present for someone.
Geeze, this reminds me,,, boating is a bottomless, vast vaccum that inhales $$$.

nodigg
12-21-2006, 09:19 AM
If you're buying boots, some of the new ones have a slick teflon like lining eliminating the need for slime and the hassle putting the boot on.
I bought all the kids slimeless bindings/boots and the kids love them.
FYI
Also, Buywake gave us superfast service, but being this close to Christmas, I imagine it's a present for someone.
Geeze, this reminds me,,, boating is a bottomless, vast vaccum that inhales $$$.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
And then the sand toys and the music toys and the car toys ......

NOTALENT
12-21-2006, 09:25 AM
What kind of setup are you looking for???

RitcheyRch
12-21-2006, 09:28 AM
There is always Endo's in Long Beach.
5612 E. 2nd St.
Long Beach
562-434-1816

eliminatedsprinter
12-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Burbank Waterski co.
818 848-8808. Just off of the 5 fwy in burbank. Nice place.:D

XtrmWakeborder
12-21-2006, 11:55 AM
Wake sports unlimited on tustin and chapman in orange is pretty nice. You know the boat show is coming, i'd wait till then.

beaverretriever
12-21-2006, 12:19 PM
This is a mail order place, but by far the best. www.Wakeside.com.
They have awesome customer service, great prices (probably the best if you include the points system they give you).
Im not a big mail order fan, but they are really good.
good luck.

cleveland
12-21-2006, 12:41 PM
If your in the Temecula area go to Southern California Watersports.
California Correct Craft is off the 15 and hidden valley, tige is actually off the 91.
The most important thing is weight, when looking for a board:
Under 130lbs:132cm or less
130lbs-170lbs: 134cm to 138cm
170lbs and up: 138cm to 144cm
Above is just a simplified version but should give you an idea of what to look for.
I know SoCal Watersports prices are the same as any online store. I do not know about Correct Craft or Tige. Most stores will price match.
chris

h2oski2fast
12-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Anyone know of a store in Southern California or Havasu that has a good selection of wake boards this time of year?
Rick, try Wakesports Unlimited. They have a location in Orange, as well as San Diego and Temecula. Here's their number: (714) 363-WAKE

nodigg
12-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Just drove by the wake board store in Orange. They are all closed up and gone. Called the number you gave me and found out they moved to Tustin Ave. I'll check it out tommorrow.
Online would be great but tough for him to exchange to the one he really wanted after Christmas.

cc322
12-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Rick, try Wakesports Unlimited. They have a location in Orange, as well as San Diego and Temecula. Here's their number: (714) 363-WAKE
The boys at Wakesports Unlimited are very good.

shueman
12-21-2006, 07:10 PM
Chick's will fix you up....:)

atomickitn
12-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Burbank water ski co in Burbank , they actually have a great selection and i do believe that some of the peeps that work in the store compete on the wake board circuit ,, and the co is owned by a former world class women's national water ski champ and her son's are the ones that compete on the circuit, not to mention you can demo anything before you buy it ..

WUTWZAT
12-21-2006, 09:27 PM
If he is not sure what he wants Wakesports Unlimited has a great deal, basically rent any boards they have and try them out. When you find the board you like, the money you have spent testing out the boards get applied to the purchase. Sounds like a good way to get the board you want.
Jason

Riomouse911
12-23-2006, 11:43 PM
I don't know if it's too late, but hit up The Greenhouse Ride Shop at California Correct Craft. The shop is at Hidden Valley and I/15, in the center with McDonalds and the 76 station. Wade's an outstainding rider, and will set you up with whatever you need. Don't go to Chicks or Big 5, they'll sell you a package deal that just won't cut it....