PDA

View Full Version : True FED EX story

Eliminator 4 Life
12-22-2006, 06:11 AM
Sometimes when you order things you have no control on what freight company they use. Well I had two packages that were supposed to be at my house yesterday one was fed ex home and one was fed ex ground and they both leave the same yard in Stockton Ca. Well I get home at 945 last night after working a well over 12 hour day at UPS. I see one package at my door so I go online looking up the tracking numbers it shows the one they left on the porch at 430 and I look up the other and it shows an exception scan at 6pm saying resident not home or buisness closed no notice on my door nothing. So my question is does it make sense money wise to send two trucks to my house. Why dont they leave it at the door there is no signature required for it. How would I even know they tried to deliver it if I didnt have the net and could go look. I tell you some people are shady and this is not a proper way to run a business oh and to make matter worst I called the 800 number i was real polite with the first guy he hung up on me and I was on hold for 20 mins. GREAT JOB FED EX now I know why you are number 2.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

RitcheyRch
12-22-2006, 06:40 AM
You would have thought that the second truck would have left the other package next to the first package. :)

GHT
12-22-2006, 06:45 AM
Sometimes when you order things you have no control on what freight company they use. Well I had two packages that were supposed to be at my house yesterday one was fed ex home and one was fed ex ground and they both leave the same yard in Stockton Ca. Well I get home at 945 last night after working a well over 12 hour day at UPS. I see one package at my door so I go online looking up the tracking numbers it shows the one they left on the porch at 430 and I look up the other and it shows an exception scan at 6pm saying resident not home or buisness closed no notice on my door nothing. So my question is does it make sense money wise to send two trucks to my house. Why dont they leave it at the door there is no signature required for it. How would I even know they tried to deliver it if I didnt have the net and could go look. I tell you some people are shady and this is not a proper way to run a business oh and to make matter worst I called the 800 number i was real polite with the first guy he hung up on me and I was on hold for 20 mins. GREAT JOB FED EX now I know why you are number 2.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
They are only as big as they are now because of the UPS strike in 97.... That UPS strike made Fed Ex what they are today. I agree UPS is the best of all mail / package delivery companies BUT if they ever go on strike again I would wager Fed Ex WILL be number one.. Good Job Teamsters trying to break another company.

LGCDEVIL
12-22-2006, 06:49 AM
I can schedule a pickup in the AM and they will deliver one or two times in the same day and not pick up the outgoing. Then will show up a third time for the pick up. Not too efficient, but they must have their reasons.

GHT
12-22-2006, 06:53 AM
I can schedule a pickup in the AM and they will deliver one or two times in the same day and not pick up the outgoing. Then will show up a third time for the pick up. Not too efficient, but they must have their reasons.
UPS will run the same route three (3) times. #1. Is to get all the Next Day Air to its destination prior to 10am. #2. Is for regular delivery (usually not pick ups because the truck is too full and loaded in order) #3. Is for all the pick ups. Actually it runs very effecently.:)

lawbreaker2
12-22-2006, 07:00 AM
Tah, I sometimes wonder about these big companys, My co. will have be go to a store to drop a load ( 26 pallets) and then pick up a pallet from that store and take it 100 miles to another store cuz there out of it, But I won't get there till after they close, and there will be another truck coming in sometime over night.:rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
12-22-2006, 07:08 AM
What did he say
Eliminators rule DCB sucks
or was this about some OTHER mail company:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Warlockjer
12-22-2006, 07:19 AM
I got two packages the same day from FedEx, Two different trucks. When I asked they told me one was Fed Ex ground and the other was Fed Ex overnight. Two different divisions... Pretty efficient:confused:

voodoomedman
12-22-2006, 07:21 AM
I got two packages the same day from FedEx, Two different trucks. When I asked they told me one was Fed Ex ground and the other was Fed Ex overnight. Two different divisions... Pretty efficient:confused:
That's because it's two different companies. FedEx Ground is RPS rebranded.

Warlockjer
12-22-2006, 07:41 AM
So NOW I know:) :)

Parker Dreamin
12-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Fed Ex was at my door 2 nights ago at 10:30pm...... Pretty crazy shit.

Dave C
12-22-2006, 08:40 AM
.... says that guy that works for UPS. LOL :D ;)

Sleek-Jet
12-22-2006, 08:47 AM
.... says that guy that works for UPS. LOL :D ;)
UPS sux.... :D

Aqua Boogie1
12-22-2006, 08:51 AM
That's because it's two different companies. FedEx Ground is RPS rebranded.
I was waiting for someone to mention this. My company, Fed Ex has bought a lot of smaller companies to try and keep pace with UPS. UPS has thier store, Fed Ex bought Kinko's. The real and first Fed Ex is the overnight, all the others, Ground, Home, Custom Critical, Logistics are all new within the past 2years or so. And yes, if it wasn't for the strike that UPS had, we wouldn't be as close of a #2 than we are now. One more, and we may take the number one spot. But if that happens, I don't think we can handle the numbers..................................So give us a break Rob!!!!!!:)

voodoomedman
12-22-2006, 09:05 AM
I was waiting for someone to mention this. My company, Fed Ex has bought a lot of smaller companies to try and keep pace with UPS. UPS has thier store, Fed Ex bought Kinko's. The real and first Fed Ex is the overnight, all the others, Ground, Home, Custom Critical, Logistics are all new within the past 2years or so. And yes, if it wasn't for the strike that UPS had, we wouldn't be as close of a #2 than we are now. One more, and we may take the number one spot. But if that happens, I don't think we can handle the numbers..................................So give us a break Rob!!!!!!:)
It seems like but I hope you know I was just stating fact and not disparaging your company. Not my style. I was letting everyone know why there are two different trucks. It's actually a huge competitive advantage for us. Competition is good. If it wasn't for you guys we would still be the best at getting the package from a to b but there would be alot of other things that would suffer. I mean alot.

Aqua Boogie1
12-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Oh I know, we're still learning how to catch UPS.

Boatlesss
12-22-2006, 09:48 AM
It is more about the employee than it is the company for the most part.
I used to ship UPS, Fed Ex called and under cut UPS by 60% so FU UPS!
But, the Fed ex drivers leave something to be desired.
I shipped a package and the package should have been there on a Friday. The business was waiting and waiting, tracking said it was out for delivery.
Nothing ever came. Seems the driver was too lazy to deliver and made up a fake customer not there and requested a later delivery date.
?? The customer called and asked why I had made this request, I called Fed Ex and they said they reciever requested this. .. I said B.S., your driver wanted to leave early on Friday and not have a heavy day on Mon. by delaying it until Tues.
This happens all over the US.
UPS will deliver early. 3 day air will get there in 2 days often. UPS has a 6' Drop requirement which means the package has to survive being dropped from a 6' height. Belive me UPS test this with all their packages.
UPS is a Union and that is a problem for the customers, Fed Ex isn't but they do not have the distribution network that UPS has.
Fed Ex Home is okay, but they do not deliver early, they do not deliver on Mondays, but they do deliver late Tue-Sat.
If the post office had their shit together I'd use them exclusively. Unfornatutely, the GOV makes it too difficult to drop off packages as they are not set up for a business drop off. Cannot afford to stand in lines for ever and see the "closed" plaque with the person sitting there polishing HIS nails.
UPS rates suck so I'll stay with FED EX.

Aqua Boogie1
12-22-2006, 09:55 AM
I've never heard of the 6' drop requirement, but nonetheless, its a different world from customer to employee. Sales people will say anything to close a deal. I worked for UPS twice, and the way the packages fly at UPS and Fed EX internally. The 6' foot drop rule would be great!!!:D And you know, alot of people don't know how UPS and Fed EX can get a package from Cali to New York overnite. We do tours here in Oakland and once people see the sort operations, they are surprised that thier package gets to where its suppose to be on time.

NvrL84Fun
12-22-2006, 10:00 AM
And they charge for that level of service!

12-22-2006, 10:23 AM
They are only as big as they are now because of the UPS strike in 97.... That UPS strike made Fed Ex what they are today. I agree UPS is the best of all mail / package delivery companies BUT if they ever go on strike again I would wager Fed Ex WILL be number one.. Good Job Teamsters trying to break another company.
You shouldnt talk shit about the Teamsters. That is a strong union that looks out for its members. If it wasnt for unions a schumk like myself would probably only make $30,000 or $40,000. That aint shit! Unions are the only power the working man has. It wouldnt be in their best intrest to break the company. Too many big companies try to screw their employees. The very same employees that make that company all their money. Thats all I have to say about that.

Parker Dreamin
12-22-2006, 10:34 AM
San Pedro.. I am going to go out on a limb here and guess ILWU ?

Aqua Boogie1
12-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Fed Ex to UPS to Unions to Nascar........................................This is great!!!!:D :D

12-22-2006, 10:50 AM
San Pedro.. I am going to go out on a limb here and guess ILWU ?
And enjoying life because of it.

Boatlesss
12-22-2006, 10:50 AM
You shouldnt talk shit about the Teamsters. That is a strong union that looks out for its members. If it wasnt for unions a schumk like myself would probably only make $30,000 or $40,000. That aint shit! Unions are the only power the working man has. It wouldnt be in their best intrest to break the company. Too many big companies try to screw their employees. The very same employees that make that company all their money. Thats all I have to say about that.
If you think that UNION strike helped the employee's at UPS you are turely off.
Since the strike, UPS has not achieved the same level of business they had before the stirke. How many years has it been?
There are fewer employees needed now and a smaller work force at UPS. What exactly did the employees gain again?
Fewer workers recieved more pay? What about the workers that are no longer there?
Remember, the union did not screw UPS. End result it screwed UPS customers.
The power a working man has is his ability to add value to the company he/she/it works for.

ChumpChange
12-22-2006, 10:57 AM
Lets see now Fed Ex has a Chevy, Denny Hamlin, finished 3rd in the chase, now UPS has Dale Jarrett, Toyota:yuk: , and well finished somewheres outside the top 35, I'll stay with the winning team of FED EX !!!!!:D :D
That's why all last year I shopped at Home Depot because Tony Stewart took the championship. This year, I will shop at Lowes because of Jimmie Johsnon.

Warlockjer
12-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Tony Stewart is a POS!!

riverbound
12-22-2006, 02:24 PM
My brother is ddealing with the EXACT same situation right now with "#1" ;) I think they ALL have their short comings.

djunkie
12-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Buy your log in name I can tell we work together. You've obviously got quite a bit of seniority on me. I'm 130847. But trust me, we're in the minority on this site. Most here hate unions.

Parker Dreamin
12-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Buy your log in name I can tell we work together. You've obviously got quite a bit of seniority on me. I'm 130847. But trust me, we're in the minority on this site. Most here hate unions.
I dont hate unions.

djunkie
12-22-2006, 03:02 PM
I dont hate unions.
Thats why I said most, not all.

boater250s
12-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Since the strike, UPS has not achieved the same level of business they had before the stirke. How many years has it been?
There are fewer employees needed now and a smaller work force at UPS. What exactly did the employees gain again?
Fewer workers recieved more pay? What about the workers that are no longer there?
The power a working man has is his ability to add value to the company he/she/it works for.
In my opinion, UPS volume has gone way up over the years, and in Southern California the feeder department [big rigs] has almost doubled. UPS still handles six out of every ten packages, this includes (FEDEX, USPS, DHC, etc.) UPS handles 15 million a day, and 21 million on their busiest day during the Christmas season, granted, their service isn't as good as it once was-but what service is?
We have the young kids coming in for the old timers that are retiring, or new hires, because of the increased amount of volume. They just don't have the same work ethic as you and I.

voodoomedman
12-22-2006, 03:40 PM
In my opinion, UPS volume has gone way up over the years, and in Southern California the feeder department [big rigs] has almost doubled. UPS still handles six out of every ten packages, this includes (FEDEX, USPS, DHC, etc.) UPS handles 15 million a day, and 21 million on their busiest day during the Christmas season, granted, their service isn't as good as it once was-but what service is?
We have the young kids coming in for the old timers that are retiring, or new hires, because of the increased amount of volume. They just don't have the same work ethic as you and I.
Dead on. It is getting better and will continue to get better. I have seen some great service # increases over the past year and a half. No stopping point but on the right track.

Jrocket
12-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Most here hate unions.
Not me! Local 12 crane operator.:D

djunkie
12-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Nice!!!

Jrocket
12-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Nice!!!
ahhh its a living,havent killed anybody yet...so I got that going for me.:D

Havasu1986
12-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Me either, Local 709 Fire Sprinklers

Parker Dreamin
12-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Thats why I said most, not all.
Local SUPT here.......

12-22-2006, 05:30 PM
ILWU Local 13 -Linesman / Lines relief dispatcher

SandbarScot
12-22-2006, 09:40 PM
A Fed Ex truck was just involved in a fatal crash in Rialto about an hour ago. I do not believe the deceased is the Fed Ex driver.

CornWater
12-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Boy Rob... I should take a picture of the box that arrived from UPS today... It was clearly marked "fragile" on all sides, and looked like it had been in a tornado...:mad:

voodoomedman
12-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Boy Rob... I should take a picture of the box that arrived from UPS today... It was clearly marked "fragile" on all sides, and looked like it had been in a tornado...:mad:
Without seeing the box I can't comment on the Tornado but fragile doesn't mean anything. It needs to be packaged properly for the type of transportation. And I mean the same thing for FedEx or DHL. None of us in the industry see fragile and then make sure it doesn't go on any belts and only goes on the top of the stack and all that jazz.

voodoomedman
12-22-2006, 09:55 PM
A Fed Ex truck was just involved in a fatal crash in Rialto about an hour ago. I do not believe the deceased is the Fed Ex driver.
Doesn't matter who was involved. Loss of life two days before Christmas = Sad.

CornWater
12-22-2006, 09:58 PM
Without seeing the box I can't comment on the Tornado but fragile doesn't mean anything. It needs to be packaged properly for the type of transportation. And I mean the same thing for FedEx or DHL. None of us in the industry see fragile and then make sure it doesn't go on any belts and only goes on the top of the stack and all that jazz.
Does that make it okay???

voodoomedman
12-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Does that make it okay???
Absolutely not! If it looks like a Tornado hit it from other boxes coming into contact and from belts rubbing on it and such then yes it's okay because that's the small package environment. If it looks like a Tornado hit it because it was dropped, ran over, thrown, kicked or otherwise mishandled or abused then not at all. I sincerely hope that whatever was in it is not damaged, especially if it was a Christmas present.

Forkin' Crazy
12-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Must have been that 6' drop. I got a hoist in the other day that the box was broken open and parts were missing. Not sure if it was properly packed.
OOPS!!! There I go complaining again. :idea: How did one of you UPSers put it? Beating a dead horse? Shoe on the other foot? Huh?:jawdrop:
LOL! :)

Eliminator 4 Life
12-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Lets see now Fed Ex has a Chevy, Denny Hamlin, finished 3rd in the chase, now UPS has Dale Jarrett, Toyota:yuk: , and well finished somewheres outside the top 35, I'll stay with the winning team of FED EX !!!!!:D :D
Yea can you say KAHNE in two years:D

Eliminator 4 Life
12-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Amen to you brother. And believe me we stand united at our building. For instance we are being forced to work tomorrow is we have under 60 hours. SO they are forcing 45 of us to work tomorrow. Well they are hoping we do a code 5 which is hours worked hours paid but we talked to every single one of the 45 being forced to work tomorrow and we are gonna stay 8 hours it will teach them a lesson to never pull this shit again.. Needless to say I just got off at 930 and I started at 830 this morning..

Eliminator 4 Life
12-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Your on vacation anyways in vegas biatch haha and I wasnt knocking overnite bro Im knocking fed ground and fed ex home... Have a merry xmas Doug..

Eliminator 4 Life
12-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Uh excuse me I think you are wrong. the employees gained almost everything we wanted and we didnt let a corporate giant break the TEAMSTER union... Im gonna quote a full time supervisor here " if you want to be treated like a human being dont ever work for UPS" so your last comment is HORSESHIT

Eliminator 4 Life
12-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Jeff when we see the stickers we treat them real special hahah:D :eek: