PDA

View Full Version : Powell Houseboat hook-up alternative?

2Driver
01-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Right now we are going with a 54' from ARA services at Wahweap in August.
However, I thought I might as well ask if anyone has alternative means of renting a houseboat besides the park serivces. Time share rent-out etc..?
Thanks

tgotch
01-31-2006, 12:23 PM
search google for "houseboat rental lake powell" you can find a lot of rental resources that way.
houseboatmagazine.com
houseboatingworld.com
also have a lot of rental listings

Flashover
01-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Talk to AZ Lake lizard here on the boards. I think she has a hook up of some kind... Good Luck. :crossx:

AzLakeLizard
01-31-2006, 01:14 PM
Right now we are going with a 54' from ARA services at Wahweap in August.
However, I thought I might as well ask if anyone has alternative means of renting a houseboat besides the park serivces. Time share rent-out etc..?
Thanks
Here are a couple of different links for you..
www.lakepowell.com (which is Aramark/ Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas.. not the park service)
http://www.houseboating.org/lake-powell
I will keep looking... I know that the Antelope Marina also has houseboats for rent.
http://www.lakepowellhouseboating.com/
Good Luck.. we took 2 59' houseboats out at thanksgiving from wahweap and had an absolute riot! :)

AzLakeLizard
02-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Hope you were able to use some of the information! :)

tamalewagon
02-01-2006, 03:11 PM
You should PM Titties and Beer who is here on the forums for info on Powell. He frequents Lake Powell and has some good insight too.

PowellScooter
02-01-2006, 03:16 PM
On these boards, AZ Lake lizard works for the concessionere (sp?) and can give you the details, Mardonzi and Titties and Beer both have a wealth of info on Lake Powell houseboating.....

2Driver
02-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks everyone. Here is what I found. You have 3 choices: rent form ARA, rent from ARA or rent from ARA :rollside:
Acutally the only other houseboat rental bus is the Indians from the new Antelope Point Marina. Everything else is time share or pheudo ownership stuff.
I just secured a 54' from Wawheap Aug 13th-19th. Hawhoooo!
THanks!

AzLakeLizard
02-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Thanks everyone. Here is what I found. You have 3 choices: rent form ARA, rent from ARA or rent from ARA :rollside:
Acutally the only other houseboat rental bus is the Indians from the new Antelope Point Marina. Everything else is time share or pheudo ownership stuff.
I just secured a 54' from Wawheap Aug 13th-19th. Hawhoooo!
THanks!
Congrats!.. and Enjoy!
We can't get enough of the Lake! :)

tamalewagon
02-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Congrats!.. and Enjoy!
We can't get enough of the Lake! :)
That's a beautiful backyard you have!

AzLakeLizard
02-01-2006, 03:50 PM
That's a beautiful backyard you have!
Thanks!... :rollside: