PDA

View Full Version : One last comment on the Lakers....

DILLIGAF
12-22-2006, 11:51 PM
Since it is the giving season and all....
The Lakers have proven to me that they are a good team. I am going to give them their credit but will not be jumping on the bandwagon. This road trip they have shown that they are much better prepared and ready to fight in each and every game they play then in the previous years. Kupchek (sp?) may just get the GM of the year award but the coaching staff still has to develope the players and it seems they are doing a good job at that. I was wrong about the Lakers this year.
The same can be said for the Clippers as far as being wrong about them. I have no idea wtf is going on with them at all.
The difference between the Lakers and Clippers is like the Grand Canyon right now. It is a long season but I really don't see anything in the Clips to have any real hope for this year. UNLESS...one of the Clippers players punches another Clip in the face. That might light a fire but like I said I have no real idea.
I just wanted to be totally on record and eat that ****ing crow.
And the beat goes on......

dmontzsta
12-23-2006, 12:43 AM
Its all good Tom, just keep loving your team. :) The Lakers are proving to everyone that they mean business. I think people REALLY underestimated them and they are feeding off it now. They had a few games they could have won, but let slip by, but hey...it is the NBA. It is a long season and injuries can happen. But with Lamar back and more time honing down, they can make it pretty deep into the playoffs.

JetBoatRich
12-23-2006, 06:29 AM
Nothing Like eating CRow Tom;)

Trailer Park Casanova
12-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Nothing Like eating CRow Tom;)
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:MM8hQ6XGsKMH6M:www.republicanvoices.o rg
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:KaUtizW3jL2-JM:http://www.worth1000.com/entries/85500/85630OTvs_w.jpg
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:aCA8W4oFUs2PsM:www.tribstar.com/local/images

totenhosen
12-23-2006, 09:48 AM
that was cool of you

Hardly Satisfied
12-23-2006, 10:21 AM
Since it is the giving season and all....
The Lakers have proven to me that they are a good team. I am going to give them their credit but will not be jumping on the bandwagon. This road trip they have shown that they are much better prepared and ready to fight in each and every game they play then in the previous years. Kupchek (sp?) may just get the GM of the year award but the coaching staff still has to develope the players and it seems they are doing a good job at that. I was wrong about the Lakers this year.
The same can be said for the Clippers as far as being wrong about them. I have no idea wtf is going on with them at all.
The difference between the Lakers and Clippers is like the Grand Canyon right now. It is a long season but I really don't see anything in the Clips to have any real hope for this year. UNLESS...one of the Clippers players punches another Clip in the face. That might light a fire but like I said I have no real idea.
I just wanted to be totally on record and eat that ****ing crow.
And the beat goes on......
No way, we will never let you jump on the Lakers bandwagon

AirtimeLavey
12-23-2006, 11:05 AM
At some point they'll (Clips) get it turned around. They've got more talent than they're showing. Said it before, but I don't care much for Dunleavy. A stronger coach would help, but they're stuck w/him now for a while. I also think picking up AI would've been huge for the Clips. I think there's a good chance with the change of scenery, he'd behave a little better. Clips need a strong leader, and a superstar. EB isn't quite superstar status, yet.
It was tough being a Laker fan last couple of years, but we knew they'd get through and be back. It's nice to see their progress, and it'll be interesting to see how far they can take it.
Still, it would be cool to see one of the Clips punch another Clip in the face....that might be worth watching. :D

dmontzsta
12-23-2006, 01:43 PM
At some point they'll (Clips) get it turned around. They've got more talent than they're showing. Said it before, but I don't care much for Dunleavy. A stronger coach would help, but they're stuck w/him now for a while. I also think picking up AI would've been huge for the Clips. I think there's a good chance with the change of scenery, he'd behave a little better. Clips need a strong leader, and a superstar. EB isn't quite superstar status, yet.
It was tough being a Laker fan last couple of years, but we knew they'd get through and be back. It's nice to see their progress, and it'll be interesting to see how far they can take it.
Still, it would be cool to see one of the Clips punch another Clip in the face....that might be worth watching. :D
Good post, Dunleavy is contracted now, so he has no worries. :D