PDA

View Full Version : Catered Affair: Waffle Iron + Bitchquick WTF?

Trailer Park Casanova
12-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Willie:
I used to be the family genius with my Waffles.
No BFD really, just Bitchquick, add some Bailies Irish cream and sugar to the recipe on the box.
I never liked them though the kids and extended family did at the Holidays. So I made them.
I quit making them because the clean up, that is the frustration with the waffle iron.
Even with spray Pam or the brush and oil and a teflon iron, the waffles stuck,, and it was just too much hassle. Gave me fits, it got crazy.
So I gave it up.
When I was down South in the bible belt in the poorer sections, waffles tasted like malts, the awesome aroma, delicious, nothing like I have found here anyplace. They just talked to ya.
Any tips on a good Waffle recipe,, and how do you handle the waffle iron to make it more pleasant and less hassle?

v-drive
12-24-2006, 04:28 AM
William sonoma Belgiam waffle mix. My xmas breakfasts have become a ritual. This year I am adding blueberry's to the mix. :D :coffeycup v-drive

a catered life
12-24-2006, 10:18 AM
the sticking can be helped by adding a little oil to your batter but the best way to fix and waffle iron problem is to not scrub the iron to clean it..just use a soft cloth and warm soapy water.....also to assist with a better waffle you gotta use that iron more often...they neeed to be used often to stay seasoned

LUVNLIFE
12-27-2006, 05:24 PM
the sticking can be helped by adding a little oil to your batter but the best way to fix and waffle iron problem is to not scrub the iron to clean it..just use a soft cloth and warm soapy water.....also to assist with a better waffle you gotta use that iron more often...they neeed to be used often to stay seasoned
Way to go Martha Stewart:D :)

Desert Rat
12-28-2006, 06:15 AM
Maybe Matthew Stewart????

JetBoatRich
12-28-2006, 07:49 AM
they sure look a lot alike:eek:

a catered life
12-28-2006, 08:39 AM
lmao i might not be able to give stock tips:eek: but cooking i can handle:D
watch it paul an rich i'm always recruiting fresh young kitchen bitches:devil:

LUVNLIFE
12-28-2006, 07:22 PM
lmao i might not be able to give stock tips:eek: but cooking i can handle:D
watch it paul an rich i'm always recruiting fresh young kitchen bitches:devil:
That will fit the bill. "Bitch get me a burger and beer" Yea that will work nice.:D :D

a catered life
12-28-2006, 07:35 PM
That will fit the bill. "Bitch get me a burger and beer" Yea that will work nice.:D :D
lmao i agree:D

scarabrick2
12-29-2006, 07:57 AM
You need to add vanilla extract to the mix.
martha Rick