PDA

View Full Version : 19' Eliminator Daytona??

widowmaker
12-23-2006, 01:41 PM
Just a couple of questions.
19' Daytona, flat Keel, Very light layup, 1" stringers, Bronze ( B Cut ) Impeller. Motor moved forward 4.5". Shoe and Ride plate, stuffer, droop, place diverter, set back pump.
1. What nozzle should I run???
2. Which Loader grate to run???
3. How much shoe or which shoe??? Degrees???
Shooting for around 85 - 90 Mph. Spinning B Impeller 5600 rpm.

Cs19
12-23-2006, 01:46 PM
Horsepower?

67weimann
12-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Trial and error. There isn't a definate set-up that will get you to 90. IT all depends on what your boat wants
How much HP you got?

olbiezer
12-23-2006, 05:46 PM
i am running 84 with a b/c stainless @ 6000rpm droop but no diverter

George Pataki
12-23-2006, 10:59 PM
H.P. and alot of SHOE with that flat keel;)
I started with a Flat Keeled daytona, did everything under the sun to make it run.:D ALOT of shoe, actually it was 1.125" thick and I was in the 102-103 mph. It was also a flat shoe.
Just be careful with adding shoe to the boat it will like to slam the nose on shutdown.
The other alternative is to add a Dropped keel to your boat.
You can start out testing with some Duraglass bondo making a spoon infront of the intake, making it about 1/8th to 1/4" thick and go from there.
If you are interested in doing such thing, Call me and I can walk ya thru the process. (708)449-0200

Wicked Performance Boats
12-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Just be careful with adding shoe to the boat it will like to slam the nose on shutdown. George is right! When we got my buddy's daytonna with a flat delta with a 1 inch dropped shoe. It slammed down on shutoff!!! I raised the biting edge of the shoe to 5/8th of an inch and it handled the shut down way better. Personally, I'd turn the boat over and round the delta area.
pat

sleekvino
12-24-2006, 11:40 AM
ive got a 78 daytona runs wet has a 454 with a decent cam ,8oo dp holley,mallory ing,roller rockers,and a wieand stealth manifold,the pump is oringinal,has a stock a impeller,it does have a shoe and ride plate,with a diverter and 3* of wedge,this is just my base line ive owned the boat about 2 months,frist time out 59.6 didnt buy it that day ,went home got a call from the owner he droped his price 900 because it need some work,bought it for 8grand brought it home put some new parts on it ,took it out ran 63.8 i had the rock grate in it"again getting a baseline" it vibrated so bad i coudnt go any faster,went home talked to a few people ,got a loaner loader from fleetiums took it to the lake ,Ill i was trying to do was break 70 with full tanks 2 people being easy on it we got 73.8 finnally broke 70 it could beat my other boat after its 3rd time out.....then i kicked my buddy out ran it my self to see what it coluld do and made 2 quick passes ran it to 78.5 and know i could make moe adjustments to make it faster ill keep ya posted......
heres a vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-3ocW75Q64

widowmaker
12-24-2006, 02:13 PM
Not sure on horsepower, but enough to spin bronze B impeller to 5600 rpm. Guessing around 450-500. New pump massaged impeller, flow match bowl. The boat is incredibly light weight.
The grate right now is a pro loader. I also have a 19' Eliminator Sprint with a rounded keel. with the same motor that boat ran 84.2 on GPS Down river, guessing around 3 - 4 knot current. so just a hair above 80, and that boat is full weight. V hull. 21187

TRG
12-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Not sure on horsepower, but enough to spin bronze B impeller to 5600 rpm. Guessing around 450-500. New pump massaged impeller, flow match bowl. The boat is incredibly light weight.
The grate right now is a pro loader. I also have a 19' Eliminator Sprint with a rounded keel. with the same motor that boat ran 84.2 on GPS Down river, guessing around 3 - 4 knot current. so just a hair above 80, and that boat is full weight. V hull. 21187
That sprint is a nice looking boat.
Are there full length stringers or 1/4?

Duane HTP
12-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Pat's right. You can spend a year fiddling around with shoes, loaders, etc. on that delta pad boat. and then you finally give up and fix the bottom.

Oldsquirt
12-24-2006, 07:53 PM
That sprint is a nice looking boat.
Are there full length stringers or 1/4?
Todd, mine, and all the other Eliminator Sprints I've seen have been full stringer boats. Mine are 2" x 6", but one guy from Oregon, who races in CDBA and IHBA, has a Sprint that apparently came from the factory with 1" x 6" stringers
Widowmaker, got any pics of the bottom of that Sprint?

widowmaker
12-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Indeed, the sprint has full length stringers that are 2x6. I don't have any pictures, but the bottom used to be a delta pad and got a ton of work done on it with the boat flipped over to make it into a rounded keel. For a full weight boat it runs well.
Back to the Daytona, should I give Jeff Bennet a call from Bennet Engineering and have him go to work??? I have heard that he does excellent work on making those daytonas run fast.

Wicked Performance Boats
12-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Indeed, the sprint has full length stringers that are 2x6. I don't have any pictures, but the bottom used to be a delta pad and got a ton of work done on it with the boat flipped over to make it into a rounded keel. For a full weight boat it runs well.
Back to the Daytona, should I give Jeff Bennet a call from Bennet Engineering and have him go to work??? I have heard that he does excellent work on making those daytonas run fast.
Give Jeff a call. It will be worth every cent. And you might enjoy driving it more. Pat

UBFJ #454
12-24-2006, 10:18 PM
If your Daytona is truly a light layup and you want to have a dropped keel put on it, then Jeff is the one to do it ... a dropped keel for a very light layup is different than one for a heavier Daytona and Jeff knows what works and is Safe. Also, since he is one of the first to come up with the idea of using loaders, he can probably give you specifications for one to work with the keel he puts on as well as help you on your choice of shoes to start out with.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-25-2006, 08:01 AM
Defanitelly call jeff!!! He helped me out on the phone. He is a very nice guy. If your close, just drag that biotch over to him and leave it. You will not be upset, I guarentee it!!!

widowmaker
12-25-2006, 05:36 PM
Cool Thanks guys, I actually just met Jeff about two weeks ago when I was up at shoemaker's doing work on another boat. I didn't know who he was when I was talking with him, but now I do and He seemed extremely knowledgeable. He was actually working on a daytona when I was there.
BTW. The Sprint is for Sale without motor. Any takers?

Mike D..
12-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Cool Thanks guys, I actually just met Jeff about two weeks ago when I was up at shoemaker's doing work on another boat. I didn't know who he was when I was talking with him, but now I do and He seemed extremely knowledgeable. He was actually working on a daytona when I was there.
BTW. The Sprint is for Sale without motor. Any takers?
the boat he is working on is mine and if your serious about having work done on the bottom I would call the shop quickly there is a rumor that he`s going to retire at the end of the year, talk him into doing your bottom at the same time, make it easy for him to say yes. plus at shoes he has everything he needs right there, If you plan on keeping the boat have the bottom done !!

UBFJ #454
12-25-2006, 09:27 PM
I can believe Jeff would 'Retire' from his 'Day Job' (NASA Shuttle Related), but, I don't think he'll stop being involved with boats for some time.

Cs19
12-25-2006, 11:53 PM
I can believe Jeff would 'Retire' from his 'Day Job' (NASA Shuttle Related), but, I don't think he'll stop being involved with boats for some time.
I cant say for sure but I thought I heard something about Jeff only wanting to work on special projects.

UBFJ #454
12-26-2006, 06:37 AM
That sounds about right.

hellman2u
12-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi Oldsquirt ! Todd , Oldsquirt is right. My Sprint came full weight with 1x6 stringers and set back pump. The best I have seen is 96.5 spinning a "B" Agressor 6700. My set up is still old school, still has delta pad flat and loader grate hangs down below intake quite a bit. There is still more to go just time and dollars to do the change and tune it back in. Good luck on your set ups. CDBA "HOWLER439" Jim Deboard

bp
12-26-2006, 05:32 PM
The best I have seen is 96.5 spinning a "B" Agressor 6700.
GEEZ, JIM; are you killin' it? i'm runnin 95, spinning a B 1000rpm less than that. regardless of speed, that's some serious rpm delta right there....
btw, congrats on your season. probly see ya again next year:D

Cs19
12-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Hi Oldsquirt ! Todd , Oldsquirt is right. My Sprint came full weight with 1x6 stringers and set back pump. The best I have seen is 96.5 spinning a "B" Agressor 6700. My set up is still old school, still has delta pad flat and loader grate hangs down below intake quite a bit. There is still more to go just time and dollars to do the change and tune it back in. Good luck on your set ups. CDBA "HOWLER439" Jim Deboard
96.5 in an Elim sprint is gettin it done. Nice job.
There is a guy fired up to race one next season at NJBA with a blown chevy, should be interesting to see this one run.

hellman2u
12-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Hi BP ! Congrats on your season as well, I see you and Kevin had a pretty close race on points too. In all honesty , My old boat is still basically a vee and a heavy lake boat , so I would like to stay dry and safe. I don't run it wide open as you well know. My average pass in SE is 88- 92 mph. All the Sprints I have seen have a tendency to plow heavy leaving the rope which hurts their ET. I have played with several set ups to find a medium that sort of works. I have seen one red Sprint called Wild Child that used to run in the Frazier Valley club in Canada ,also ran in the CDBA Northwest Nationals race in "95" that was a super light layup very quick, lots of trick bottom work. That was the only Sprint I have seen that would run 100+ with a stout aspirated motor. Snarky introduced me to the Gentleman that set it up. Sorry about jacking the Daytona thread,its an Eliminator thing. Thanks CS Iv'e had this boat since 1987 so there has been a lot of foolin around. Your boat is kick ass, be safe . CDBA "HOWLER439" Jim Deboard